Knap FM11.3 Tactics

In theory you should be able to make ant formation from a preferred back 4 set up. The right MC is a DM, the two wingers can be wide forwards and left striker AMC or MC. With a classic tactic to be defensive reduce runs add TW and attacking add runs.

If you have a good variation tactic post it up with results for others to try.

Sorry, more silly questions - Reduce what runs? Sorry I'm completely confused at the last sentence. Whats TW?

Playing as Newcastle with Enyeama in goal, Bassong, Vorsah, Ryan tailor and Jose Enrique as my back four and I've let in eight goals in three games. Not the best back five I know, but thats a lot of goals to concede! I did win two of those games but we're shipping goals at an alarming rate. Any suggestions to tighten up?

I'm using the tactic in the OP.

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've now started using this with LFC. I have, however, made a couple of tweaks to suit a strikeforce of Suarez, Carroll and Lukaku (main 3) with support from Kuyt and Lucas (from Sao Paolo). The tweaks:

1. I've reduced the pressing of Suarez (left striker). He was getting exhausted after only about 35 mins in 1H. Since this change, he has been much better going forwards grabbing 4 goals and 2 assists in 7 games.

2. I've changed the wingers to hug touchline and cross from byeline with target man ticked.

3. I've added target man given I have Carroll and Lukaku.

4. Changed the corner routine to fit my players - swapping target man to attack far post and CB to keeper.

So far, the changes have worked very well - my changes to tactics are usually disastrous! - and this is largely due to the solidness of the base tactic which so far is awesome.

7 games (4 in EURO admittedly) and I have W6, D1. F22 A4. Creating chances galore! It really is a very good tactic to watch as well. My target man has 8 of those goals (7 Lukaku as Carroll is out for 4 months). The rest are pretty well spread.

7 games in I am also fluid in every category as I used Team Blend on very high from the off.

Thanks for this tactic!

I've now started using this with LFC. I have, however, made a couple of tweaks to suit a strikeforce of Suarez, Carroll and Lukaku (main 3) with support from Kuyt and Lucas (from Sao Paolo). The tweaks:

1. I've reduced the pressing of Suarez (left striker). He was getting exhausted after only about 35 mins in 1H. Since this change, he has been much better going forwards grabbing 4 goals and 2 assists in 7 games.

2. I've changed the wingers to hug touchline and cross from byeline with target man ticked.

3. I've added target man given I have Carroll and Lukaku.

4. Changed the corner routine to fit my players - swapping target man to attack far post and CB to keeper.

So far, the changes have worked very well - my changes to tactics are usually disastrous! - and this is largely due to the solidness of the base tactic which so far is awesome.

7 games (4 in EURO admittedly) and I have W6, D1. F22 A4. Creating chances galore! It really is a very good tactic to watch as well. My target man has 8 of those goals (7 Lukaku as Carroll is out for 4 months). The rest are pretty well spread.

7 games in I am also fluid in every category as I used Team Blend on very high from the off.

Thanks for this tactic!

Can you post a link to your tweaked tactic?

thank you!

Well, I started off fantastically with the original 4222 tactic, but like always, come mid-November, the team just starts playing like amateurs. Strikers who were banging in goals for fun early on in the season suddenly forget how to shoot, and when we do score they equalise almost from the next kick of the ball.

I really get sick of this inevitable mid-season slump. It's so predictable (with any tactic, not just these ones) that I can almost plan it out in advance. I just don't understand why reaching the point of being fully fluid with your tactic inevitably coincides with a ridiculous drop in form. Surely that's counter-intuitive?

We win 6 out of our first 7 matches, then only win 1 in the next 7 - same tactic, same players, setting realistic expectations with team talks and press confs. But the average rating drops from around 7.5 in the first 7 matches to around 6.0 in the next 7.

It's just depressing.

Well, I started off fantastically with the original 4222 tactic, but like always, come mid-November, the team just starts playing like amateurs. Strikers who were banging in goals for fun early on in the season suddenly forget how to shoot, and when we do score they equalise almost from the next kick of the ball.

I really get sick of this inevitable mid-season slump. It's so predictable (with any tactic, not just these ones) that I can almost plan it out in advance. I just don't understand why reaching the point of being fully fluid with your tactic inevitably coincides with a ridiculous drop in form. Surely that's counter-intuitive?

We win 6 out of our first 7 matches, then only win 1 in the next 7 - same tactic, same players, setting realistic expectations with team talks and press confs. But the average rating drops from around 7.5 in the first 7 matches to around 6.0 in the next 7.

It's just depressing.

SI, Im having the same problem.

Can you post a link to your tweaked tactic?

thank you!

Will do somewhere. Been on holiday for the weekend, so just catching up with stuff. Will post link later today when I am at home and can get to my own computer. :)

Incidentally, I highly recommend Lukaku to anyone playing with Knap's tactics set. He is a beast in any of the two positions, averaging a goal a game for me. He was more than a goal a game, but had the usual slump in November and didn't score for a few.

Well I have reached December and am having an awful time with the tactic. It started very very well. Whilst I am still scoring goals, I am conceding an average of 3 a game and struggling to win at all. My fullbacks are also permanently exhausted as they seem to get hammered by this tactic.

It seems to me that you reach the usual magic October/November time where beforehand you are winning everything with all players ratings very high scores. Thereafter, you struggle to get a 6 out of anyone, let alone a 7!

the Kimz tac, looks very good, it reminds me of your amazing tac from FM08 (still playing with Salernitana with that tactic)

Any infromation about the new kimz tactic you made? OI? or match preparation? pitch size?

I give it a try, I also download the defensive tac, to SUS

Thanks

Wijnand

All tactics atm are tested on Min Pitch Size. Never use OIs.

Play around with runs on SUS but in held well against Chelsea in League Cup Final for about last 30mins.

Teamtalks- 3 a game, 60 odd games a season, at least 10 seasons - The Ass Man gives all team talks at any level.

The post 110 would be a type of SUS I use but depends on players on pitch at the time.

I'm guessing all of your tactics are pretty much equal performance-wise, and I should just pick one which fits my players best?

I'm asking because I'm having a good run of results with 4222 from opening post, but that 4231 tactic looks like it would MAYBE fit me better.

Second result, 1 goal from a corner, one from a cross into the box. One from a simple through ball from the left back, straight through the two CB's. The 4th was on the break, Kalou got through 2 challenges and laid s simple ball off to Drogba, who from about 25 yards was free to run at goal :(

liverpoolvchelseainform.th.png

dan99

You should give a new tactic a good 10 games for the team to get used to it. Also th picture you posted was from the Feyenoord game again.

Steve

****, changed :p Yeah I know, going to give it 15-20 games before posting up more results :)

Archived