FM11: The Official S.S.C Napoli Thread - Now they have Cavani

JimmyWangYang

Since I posted, i've been playing him as a advanced playmaker, with a 'support' mentality. he has been a revelation. absolutely running serie a now.

just got the winter break in my first season. am 7 points clear at the top of the league. made a bit of a mess of my europa league group, though. had to beat cska moscow in my last game to sneak through to the knock-out stages.

really, really enjoying managing napoli.

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Being taught a harsh lesson by Juve in my first game, Bonucci and Chiellini dealing with anything I can throw at them and that old maestro Del Piero causing absolute havoc with quality set piece deliveries resulting in a 3-0 lead. Not the start I had in mind.

I wouldnt have a clue where to start with 3 at the back either. Can 1 not sweep, the other central defender & 1 a ball player?? Suppose its the fun that comes along with FM though :)

Just into October on my Napoli season and it's going incredibly well indeed. I've won my first 7 league games and have built up a 4 point lead over second place high flyers Udinese. Also sitting in 1st place in the Europa League group after a tough 2-1 win over Lille.

Some of my best results so far:

3-1 opening win over Milan:

Screenshot2011-04-22at90343PM.png

5-0 win at Juventus:

Screenshot2011-04-23at44912PM.png

Which was followed by a 6-0 thrashing of Lecce:

Screenshot2011-04-23at44925PM.png

My main players so far:

Cavani - 10 goals 9 assists in all comps

Lavezzi - 10 goals 4 assists 5 MoM in all comps.

Hamsik - 7 goals 3 assists in all comps

Cavani has been great, but it's Lavezzi who's been my best player. I have him cutting in from the left and he's scoring for fun. Only bad thing is that his stats decreased as a result of retraining, but such as life. Nocerino and Poli have been solid for me in the midfield while Veratti has done well filling in. I have a deal in place to bring in Bruno Zucullini in the January window as I continue to keep signing Argentinian and Italian players for my side.

Started again after my first game crashed:

Transfers in:

Marco Verratti (co-ownership) 500k

Sime Vrsaljko - 1.2m

Giuseppe Bellusci - 4.5m

Fabio Cannavaro - 500k

Mattia Cassani - p/ex

Antonio Nocerino - 15m

Transfers out:

Gianluca Grava - loan

Luigi Sepe - 100k

Gennaro Iezzo - 250k

Salvatore Aronica - 500k

Christian Maggio - p/ex

Going to attempt to create an entirely Italian/Argentine squad with a back 3. Cannavaro was signed solely as a mentor for the very raw Bellusci.

New to this thread and planning on starting a Napoli save on 11.3. I have never been an italian side before and want to have a good crack at Serie A for the 1st time ever.

Looking at the squad I will probably look to sell the following:

2 keepers - will keep De Sanctis

Vitale

Cribari

Grava

Maggio

I am going to play a 4-1-2-3 formation which has no wingers so also considering selling Sosa. Has anybody tried Sosa as a MC. I have a DMC as an Anchor Man and my two MC are fairly attacking but need decent work rate. If not does anyone now how much i could potentially sell him for.

I believe i need to invest in the following areas:

GK - (probably Enyeama as backup and cheap at 250k)

DL

DC

ST - Will look to bring in Lukaku and 1 other young prospect as Cavani, Lavezzi and Mascara will be 1st choice.

Obviously i only have about £11m to spend before I sell off these players and i only expect to get half decent money for Maggio and Vitale with the others not really being worth much.

Couple of questions for help:

Can anyone recommend anyone else worth getting rid of to raise funds?

Can anyone recommend any good centre backs (not expensive due to limited funds)?

Any general advice on the squad also would be appreciated.

Thanks

Gareth

f0rmat - did you ever get into the CL final? Miss reading your updates.

football_master_94 – Palermo is my boogey team too – despite me having bought 6 players from them. They are buying some cracking players. Too bad about your CL final, would have loved to have read a story. I believe my tactic is the blueprint on how to stifle Barca’s midfield.

benji!!!!! - some decent signings, but I don't believe Vrsaljko is Italian or Argentinean... Selling Maggio when playing with a back 3 also don't make sense - he does an unbelievable job of keeping the right side balanced with his workrate and positioning.

JFurlong - Cavani scores and performs about the same whatever role you give him – even as target striker. There really is no proof that one role is better than the other.

InterWolf - at least in the game, the Napoli fans don't hate Quagliarella. He lives up to his nickname, "Mr Wondergoal".

Gareth250480 – Sosa actually does a pretty good job as AMC due to his PPM’s and technical ability. I only sold him because after the first season he can generate a decent amount of cash, and because he doesn’t handle pressure very well. Read up on the opening thread about who to buy and sell. I guess my general advice on the squad would be to bide your time with regards to transfers and not panic buy in the first window. Look at the huge profits I made on sales – I never would have made that much money if I had tried to flog off those players right away.

Excellent thread/opening post Mr. Wang. I had a Napoli save in FM10, when they were slightly below the level they are at now, and it was so much fun. Have never got round to managing in Italy in this version. Toyed with Bari or Genoa, but the opening post has definitely persuaded me to go with Napoli once again, while my Liverpool squad are in off-season.

I'd already decided that the bulk of my squad would be Italian, and while i love those wily Argies, i'm not sure i'll keep the squad as a purely Argy/S.American/Italian one(plus Hamsik). I have a penchant for Croatian and French players you see. Would love to bring M'Vila to Serie A aswell if affordable. I've also got Criscito on my list, and hopefully the good relations with Genoa will allow me to strike a reasonable deal with them at the end of season. I've tried signing him so many times for Tottenham/Liverpool, but i can never get the fee below £20 mill, even after Genoa were relegated!

As for the squad, i love the blend of physical, rag-tag veterans and the splendid skills of the Hamsik/Cavani's. I always turn the first transfer window off, so there will be no buys, probably not even until the summer- but that depends on injury and form. I've bought some Italian coaches in, Biscotti and Ventura(i think that's his name). Also Massimo Bonini to drill the defence during training- He's from San Marino and speaks Italian, which is a pre-requisite for all my coaches. Zola will not be joining the team, however, as i don't want to be undermined by this legend, preferring to go with a more low key approach.

Tactically, i am toying with a deep 4-2-3-1, but it's possible this may be slightly too open down the flanks. However, the 4-4-2 diamond looks very promising, although i feel Gargano might be overrun by certain teams/players who play through the middle. I usually prefer two in midfield, although against the bigger teams i can always put Hamsik back there as a deep lying playmaker to compliment the play breaking role of Gargano. Shame Quagiellera is out on loan, he is a very proficient player. Loved him in FM10. But since his wages are very high for a squad player, it's probably best he moves on to Juve. I feel he might reject them . Hopefully in the summer i can bring in high tempo, physical box to box player. I think such a player would do well in Italy despite the relative slow nature of play.

Lastly, is it easier for Napoli to buy from other Serie A teams? I've read that buying in Serie A is especially difficult due to the rivalry.

I'd already decided that the bulk of my squad would be Italian, and while i love those wily Argies, i'm not sure i'll keep the squad as a purely Argy/S.American/Italian one(plus Hamsik). I have a penchant for Croatian and French players you see. Would love to bring M'Vila to Serie A aswell if affordable.

It’s been a clear vision for the club ever since their comeback in Serie A to bring in players that work hard and for the team. As Aurelio De Laurentiis put it; the secret of the team is the group. To build a team with heart and character you need workrate and teamwork. Perhaps these two criteria can be your challenge... M’Villa and Modric certainly tick the boxes for what Napoli are looking for.

As for the squad, i love the blend of physical, rag-tag veterans and the splendid skills of the Hamsik/Cavani's. I always turn the first transfer window off, so there will be no buys, probably not even until the summer- but that depends on injury and form.

This can be very rewarding. You’ll drive up the interest in your players by playing them. When you do decide to sell you’ll get a much better offer than what you would have initially. Look at what I did with Dossena and Gargano.

Zola will not be joining the team, however, as i don't want to be undermined by this legend, preferring to go with a more low key approach.

I would be interested to know what would happen if you had Zola as assistant and you really did suck. Would the board promptly promote him over you, or would they seek a new manager elsewhere? The risk of being undermined was something I also pondered over. It’s interesting that in my game, those of my coaches who added me as favorite personnel also added Zola. I’ve never had coaches create bonds with the assistant. It’s like they think we’re joint managers and both deserve admiration.

Tactically, i am toying with a deep 4-2-3-1, but it's possible this may be slightly too open down the flanks. However, the 4-4-2 diamond looks very promising, although i feel Gargano might be overrun by certain teams/players who play through the middle. I usually prefer two in midfield, although against the bigger teams i can always put Hamsik back there as a deep lying playmaker to compliment the play breaking role of Gargano.

The 4-2-3-1 Assymetric is the tactic you want. Maggio as MR and new guy Mascara as AML. Lavezzi can be converted to AMC with a free role. Gargano is rarely overrun, but he is out jumped. For really tough games you can use Gargano as DMC and the other destroyer Blasi as MC – or you can swap them around if you want Gargano to be more of a threat with his long shots.

Lastly, is it easier for Napoli to buy from other Serie A teams? I've read that buying in Serie A is especially difficult due to the rivalry.

There are more rivals in Italy because the north and south "hate" each other. Even if you somehow managed to strike a deal with a rival, you also have to consider if the fans will accept the player. You may have seen me loan a youngster from Roma... big mistake - he was treated like a villain from day one.

Mascara over Sosa?

As for Zola, not willing to find out what would happen. Can't take that chance :D

De Laurentis only wants a mid table place anyway. I want 4th minimum, but atleast there is little expectation. Will try out the assymertical, i think because Lavezzi is a must starter. I could use Cavani as an inside forward however.

Also, i've compiled a list of young talent from Italy and Argentina, primarily one or two defenders from River. Will somehow attempt to get them as an affiliate.

It’s been a clear vision for the club ever since their comeback in Serie A to bring in players that work hard and for the team. As Aurelio De Laurentiis put it; the secret of the team is the group. To build a team with heart and character you need workrate and teamwork. Perhaps these two criteria can be your challenge... M’Villa and Modric certainly tick the boxes for what Napoli are looking for.

Certainly, team work and workrate are the attributes i value most highly in players, in all my saves. It's the first thing i look for in a player infact, even from my playmakers, which is what makes Modric so Godly.

Also, i have started the season with 4-5-1, Lavezzi playing as an inside forward, due to his extreme pace and dribbling skills. I feel that Cavani is a bit isolated and had an awful game against Cagliari, which is won due to two Cannavaro goals.

What made you go with the 4-4-2 diamond? Do you ever get exposed in the middle? Back up formation?

Alright, so i restarted pre-season. only played 1 Serie A game so no loss. I am going to attempt a combination of 3-4-1-2 w/wingbacks, and a 4-1-2-1-2 w/wingbacks, although i understand the former may not work 100%. My main priority is to nullify opposition creatvity with Gargano and Pazienza/Blasi , and of course getting the best out of our outstanding attacking triumvirate- Hamsik, Lavezzi and Cavani. My play will be based on team-work- blood, sweat and tears. 3 at the back is alien to me, but we'll see.

No signings for the first window. In backroom staff i have bought in Mauricio Pellegrino as my assistan, Massimo Bonini, Gianpiero Ventrone, Giambattista Venturatio and Gian Bisciotti. I'm already dreaming of future signings, and would love Sandro to be my midfield destroyer, but i'm a Spurs fan so don't want to poach their best players- Harry will only replace them with dross.

On 2nd thoughts, i think a 4-3-1-2/4-3-2-1 might suit my purposes better.

Although i'm aware i am replying to myself, i will carry on posting :D

4-3-2-1 seems ideal for Napoli. Breezed through pre season and Europa quals. Maggio is excelling at FB/support, Blasi as a ball winner. Gargano is not much of a tackler however. Cavani must be unbearable to defend against, he scores from anywhere. My chief concern is Hamsik. He seems to tire easily despite having very good stamina. Also, i think he'll be eased off the ball when faced with a Cambiasso/Zanetti, or any holding midfielder in the league. My only remedy for this is to go 4-3-2-1 and give them Lavezzi's speed to think about aswell as Hamsik's majestic passing.

A tough start to Serie A, Inter at home, juve away. We'll see how this tactic stands up to Sjneider and Del Piero.

Tough Europa league group;

PSV, Aston Villa and BATE. Will do well to progress. Playing Thursday/Sunday is a distinct disadvantage imo, especially so with only 20 outfield players. 21 if you count Yebda.

If i buy Otemandi he'll have to be retrained to FB. A CB under 5'11 is always going to be suspect imo.

First game at home to Inter resulted in a 2-1 defeat. We were shocked and overwhelmed by their pace and movement and were 2-0 down within ten minutes. We slowly got a hold on the game and Hamsik scored before half time. i expected us to capitalise and despite dominating we were guilty of some woeful finishing, rarely getting anything on target. Lesson learned. Juve next.

f0rmat - did you ever get into the CL final? Miss reading your updates.

Sorry mate, I just saw this. I'm actually playing as spurs these days, although the thread is nowhere near as good as this one :D

I still check this thread out all the time though.

Yes, start one. ~Well worth it, because you have alot to build on, and it's a great, personal and unified club. Full of hard workers and of course, Cavani. Milan and Inter are good saves too, because the squads need redevelopment, but are otherwise way too easy and do not compare to the fun of managing Napoli. Buying into the club ethos is easy.

Also, Serie A is a tremendous league, with some frankly brilliant players. Even if you don't start a Napoli save, having a Serie A one on the go is a good idea. The squad isn't that weird. It needs work but you have a bunch of very hard team workers and possibly one of the top 5 attacking units in the game- Hamsik/Lavezzi/Cavani(world class x 10). As for formations, you don't have to go 3-4-1-2. Infact there are some ME issues with it. I'm going for a 4-3-1-2, with the current personnel at my disposal, with very attacking FB's in Dossena/Maggio.

In summary, give it a try! It's fun trying to knock the Milanese teams off their perch.

Just started as Napoli and gonna try to stick to buying only Italians and Argentians. However, does this include Brazillians for example with an Italian second nationality?

Thinking of going with the following formation:

--------------------de Sanctis

-----------Campagnaro---Cannovaro------Dossena

Maggio----------------Blasi

--------------Gargano--------Pazienza

------------------------Hamsik------------Lavezzi

------------------------Cavani

After the Inter game i had to retstart the season because i holidayed on the internatonal break, forgetting about Europa squad registration. The silly AI left out Pazienza and Gargano, muppets!

My results so far are;

Inter H 0-0

Juve A 1-1

Liverpool H 1-1

Bologna H 3-0

Catania A 2-2

Parma H 3-0

Dinamo Kyiv A 4-0

Chievo A 1-1 ( a late Lavezzi equaliser did little to disguise an inadequate performance-Still unbeaten though and only 6pts off top place)

Lazio A 1-0 A narrow win maintains our unbeaten record. Season turning out ok after all. Was worried by the draws, but to not have lost is a great start.

Sampdoria A 2-1

Udinese H 1-1.....still unbeaten. For the most part defensvely sound, not making enough chances at the other end.

I am angry about the Catania result. They took the lead, but Lavezzi found a way to make it 2-1. We didn't handle the pressure and they equalised from a set piece late on. What irked me was that literally just before Lavezzi scored his second, i had made a very attacking sub, bringing on sosa for Yebda and leaving it quite open in the middle. shame we can stop substitutions in such an event.

4-3-1-2 is working reasonably ok. Hamsik is not exactly setting the pitch alight, Cavani slightly inconsistent too. Playing every 3 days is very tricky, no time to train at all. But i want the Europa league trophy and 3rd/4th place finish.

EDIT: Having just annihilated Kyiv 4-0 in 45 minutes, i think i can safely say that a variance of 4-3-2-1, 4-3-1-2 and 4-3-2-1 wide midfield is my way forward. Maggio was simply superb in this game at MR. He usually plays at FB, where although he is not defensively adequate, his attacking nous and work ethic means that he is hard to leave out. Dossena is also an integral part of the system, although i would replace with Criscito given the chance.

I personally always use the same squad and turn the first transfer window off, but if you have a budget and go with 4-3-2-1 then i would suggest the FB positions might need upgrading. We have decent players there, but always room for improvement. Also the CB is also an area that could be enhanced with a top young talent like Bochetti, or any other CB from Serie A even.

In terms of shifting players for money, there don't seem to be many saleable options here, for substantial amounts anyway, other than the obvious. But i'm sure you could trim the squad of some of the elder players such as Grava and Aronica, although Grava is a very useful player and won't fetch even £1m. Perhaps Santacroce is expendable, not sure. I'm making this decision at the end of season when i tweak the squad. Sosa and Mascara are also very good players, but won't get so much use out of them with a narrow formation unless you play 3 wide midfielders.

I personally always use the same squad and turn the first transfer window off, but if you have a budget and go with 4-3-2-1 then i would suggest the FB positions might need upgrading. We have decent players there, but always room for improvement. Also the CB is also an area that could be enhanced with a top young talent like Bochetti, or any other CB from Serie A even.

In terms of shifting players for money, there don't seem to be many saleable options here, for substantial amounts anyway, other than the obvious. But i'm sure you could trim the squad of some of the elder players such as Grava and Aronica, although Grava is a very useful player and won't fetch even £1m. Perhaps Santacroce is expendable, not sure. I'm making this decision at the end of season when i tweak the squad. Sosa and Mascara are also very good players, but won't get so much use out of them with a narrow formation unless you play 3 wide midfielders.

Okay, Cheers for the tips there mate :)

Here is my Transfer Activity so far;

In's;

Christian Erikse - Loan Deal

Ilkay Gundogan - £4.8 million bid

Roberto Canella - £2.9 million bid

Davide Astori - £2.6 million bid in for 50% stake

Out's;

Jose Sosa - Offered out for £6.5 million. A Loan Deal looks more likely but, offloading him because he doesn't really fit into the Formation & team.

Should be a Good, Enjoyable save! :D

Okay, I'm going to go back onto my Gunners save because I'm closing in on January & there are a few Big Fixtures coming up against ManUre & Chelsea coming up! :D

Here's my Napoli transfer activity so far;

Done Deal's;

Christian Eriksen - Ajax - £700k Loan Deal

Ilkay Gundogan - Nurenburg - £1.6 million Loan Fee (£6 million Buy Now Option)

Marcel Schmelzer - Borussia Dortmund - £6.5 million - I lost out on Canella, therefore I went in for Schmelzer. Great Signing. :D

Good Luck with your saves lads :)

My Italian adventure continues with these results;

Milan A 1-0

Bari H 2-0

All 3 gls scored by Cavani, who is getting more consistent and composed infront of goal. That's 7 in 11 for him now. We're the only team left unbeaten in the league, which has surprised me. Also, the team is looking a bit more tight with Santacroce at RB. Maggio is great, but we were exposed there. Victor Ruiz is looking mightily impressive too. He came into the team after Campagnaro got injured, and his debut against Milan @ the San Siro was assured as a seasoned pro. I think Cannavaro looks better alongside him aswell.

My narrow formation means that Sosa and now possibly Maggio will be underused, which is a shame especially for Maggio. Looking forward to seeing in the new year, possibly find a bargain buy too. Gago is on my radar, but would prefer a loan deal. His wages are high for the club, and i want CL football secured before a permanent deal is done. We breezed past the Euro group stage. I'd love Pastore here, or even Abel Hernandez, but i'd have to sell Hamsik first if that were to happen. Qualified with one game to go, so will rest players at Anfield. What a great save! Talking to myself, again!

EDIT;

Lecce A 3-1 We were 1-0 down for most of the 1st half, playing abysmally. Hamsik got an equaliser just before HT from close range. I laid into my lads at HT, telling them exactly how i felt about their performance. They went out of the tunnel a different team. Cavani roaming down the left flank and drilling a low cross for Lavezzi to power home put us ahead. Then it was that man again, Cavani, once again exposing their LB's lack of pace and agility, he raced down the left flank, cut inside, thought about a shot, but calmly laid the ball off to the incoming Hamsik who slid the ball exquisitely into the bottom corner from the edge of the box. Unbeaten run continues, and now that is 11 games, 17 including Europe. The Napoli press continue to ask how long it can continue. 3rd in the table.

Brescia H 5-0 An incredible performance. Brescia are(were) flying high in the league, and so i decided to exercise some caution. Rigid/Control/More disciplined, and would have been happy with a tight 1-0. It was not to be. Our passing and build up play was simply astonishing. Brescia were 4-0 down within 25 minutes. Cavani scored 4 utterly exquisite goals. His pace and power totally dominated Brescia's back line. I tried something a little different, putting Hamsik upfront with Edinson, but giving him the trequarista role, seemed to work well. Lavezzi just behind providing link up play. The run goes on.

Cesena A 2-3 A shock defeat at Cesena saw our unbeaten run come to an end. Set pieces are a definite weakness, and a taller CB will be required. Cavani and Lucerelli struck but we conceded late on.

Palermo H 2-1 This fierce derby got off to a pulsating start, with the visitors setting the tempo. We were not up to their challenge, and some slack marking allowed Hernandez to head home at the near post. I told the boys to up their tempo and get a more direct game going, and would you believe it they responded, and with some excellent work from Hamsik, who assisted Cavani for two goals before H/T. He is a master at sliding the ball past a keeper when one on one. His extra composure work has paid off, and the boy is in red hot form, leading the scoring charts. We played out a nervy second half, but Cavani was too hot to handle, and almost added a third..we held out for a vital 3 pts.

The key here is, apart from our lethal attacking triumvirate, the three enforcers across midfield- Pazienza, Gargano and Blasi. All excellent at breaking up attacks, and proficient passers too.

Fiorentina A 0-1 A dodgy defeat against rivals. Fans unimpressed.

Genoa A 2-2 Our inability to defend against high crosses costs us once again. Despite a Lavezzi equaliser, we were lucky to draw against 10-men Genoa. Injuries to Cavan and Blasi put a dent in our title hopes. We sit 4th, 6pts off the pace.

The winter break has passed, and the player well rested. I've bought in Gago on loan till the end of the season from Real, with an option to buy for £2m, which is a bargain. Christian Benitez will arrive on a free transfer in July too, providing cover for Lavezzi and Cavani, as Lucarelli will be too old next season(i think).

Cagliari A 1-0 A tight victory, Roma up next. Big game against underachieving opposition.

Roma H 2-1 A pulsating, feisty, end to end affair. We went 1 up after 2 minutes courtesy of a Lavezzi close range effort, after Dossena drilled the ball into the area. A while later Vukinic lost his marker and drilled the ball into our bottom corner. With ten minutes left on the clock we were pushing for a winner to enhance our CL qualification bid, and a corner deflected out to Gargano, who fizzled the ball past their keeper form 25 yrds. They had plenty of chances due to sloppy marking from Ruiz and Canavarro, but a great win and the fans will be delighted.

After making Cavani score 20 goals before the winter break on 11.2. I think i'll restart with them now :)

EDIT: Robert, what tactics are you using it seems to me you are using Cavani on the left instead of up front?

After making Cavani score 20 goals before the winter break on 11.2. I think i'll restart with them now :)

EDIT: Robert, what tactics are you using it seems to me you are using Cavani on the left instead of up front?

No, i play a narrow 4-3-2-1/4-3-1-2. Cavani tends to drive down the left flank when used as a complete forward, chasing direct balls over the top. It's very effective because when he does that he'll drill a ball across the box and hopefully Lavezzi will get on it. Otherwise he'll cut inside and get a shot away. I like giving him freedom to roam because it makes use of his incredible stamina and drive. He has 15 in 17 games, got injured for a bit and he returned against Roma.

P.S- Good luck with your save. I think Cavani had a PA upgrade.He's really phenomenal, and for only £14million. Can't wait till he signs a proper deal.

EDIT;

Inter A 1-2 Hamsik's red card gave us an uphill struggle and we narrowly lost the match. Cavani was atrociously wasteful infront of goal, missing atleast 4 absolute sitters.

Juve H 3-2 Gooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllllllllll.....gooooooooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllll!! Get. IN. We were 2-1 down at one point, but Sosa, coming in for the suspended Hamsik, played a blinder of a game. Cavani scored two more great goals. What a player.

Bologna A 1-1

Ok, I guess I'll just overview the last eight. Can't really remember many details, nevertheless, here goes.

Napoli Season 1: overview

League: se8Li.png

Transfers: XSOVJ.png

Summary

From what I can remember of this season, I was amazed at how well it went. To not lose a single game throughout the entire season, considering I had changed the squad a fair bit, was the biggest achievement in my eyes. I played a narrow 4-1-2-1-2, with the following roles:

GK Defend: De Sanctis

LB Fullback Auto: Taiwo

CB Defend: Bassong

CB Defend: Cannavaro

RB Auto: Campagnaro

DM Anchor man Defend: Blasi

CM B2B Support: Hamsik

CM Ball Winner Support: Yebda then Jucilei

AM Advanced Playmaker: Ganso

ST Trequartista: Lavezzi

ST: Advanced forward: Cavani

That's literally all I can remember of that season, apart from that it was one of my most rewarding.

Milan finished 14th woow didnt expect that, what is the best role to use Cavani as?

Hmm, he can play any role essentially. I use him as a complete forward, poacher or advanced forward. Occasionally as and attacking midfielder. He misses tons of absolute sitters, but he's still scored 19 in 23 league apps.

Some more results:

Catania H 0-0

Parma A 4-4 Unusually high scoring game for my team, defensively all over the place and a late conceded goal.

Chievo H 4-2 We outplayed them, going 2-0 up, before Mascara gave away a penalty. He has an awful game, and i gave him the hairdryer at H/T. He did not respond, so i replaced him and he hasn't played since. They equalised through a stunning goal, and just when it looked like another disappointing draw, Cavani popped up in a completely offside position to slot home :D Contentious decision, but it didn't make a difference as Hamsik scored a wonderful solo effort in the last minute

Udinese A 1-0 Slightly lackadaisical effort from the lads, but in determined style Cannavarro headed in from a corner in the 95th minute, Fergie time.

Lazio H 3-0 'Nuff said.

Samp A 2-2 I'm furious with the team. Went ahead two times through Cavani, but lo and behold they score from a high cross YET again, and YET again De Sanctis ignores my instructions, kicking the ball long for a Samp player to head back into the line of Maccarone, who chips De Sanctis. Conceding too many :mad:

through to the 2nd rd knockout of Europa too, Vs Ath. Madrid.

Milan H 1-0 We've done the double over Meeelan! I decided that with CL qualification pretty much nailed on barring a collapse, that i'd be adventurous and play an attacking, high tempo, aggressive game. I recalled veterans Grava and Aronica to the team at full back, due to their experience and know how, and they played great games and largely responsible for the clean sheet, limiting Pato's runs down the flanks. We missed absolute sitters in the first half after dominating this aged team. First hamsik contrived to hit the bar with an open goal infront of him from 7yards, and then Lavezzi skewed wide with inly Abbiatti to beat. Still, we kept on attacking, even thought there were times when i thought we should play for the draw. It took an own goal after a low cross from Aronica, with Lavezzi putting pressure on and pretty much scoring the goal himself. Get in!

Wow, just witnessed a cracking match. Athletico Madrid in the 2nd knock't rd of the Europa League. They beat us fair and square in Spain 2-0, leaving us needing something special to progress. So at the Sao Paolo we attacked from the off. With 1 minute to go we still needed a goal to draw level, and manager to bundle it in from close range. Then, when it looked like going to penalties Sosa latched on to a short through ball and slotted past the fantastic De gea. Last minute stuff to make it 3-0 on the night, 3-2 agg, i want to win this trophy

Just finished 1st season with Napoli. Won the Italian Cup beating Juve in the final!

Finished 3rd in the League on 72 points so Champions League football next year! :)

Signed 1 player Lukaku who joined for 15 million in January.

Who to buy for the 2nd season now though? Help appreciated!

Maybe I can try and mount a more serious title challenge to Inter and Juve who finished above me in the first season.

Archived