FM11: The Official S.S.C Napoli Thread - Now they have Cavani

JimmyWangYang

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bocchetti is excellent, don't wast him at LB though.

I find he plays quite well at LB against bigger European clubs - he excelled against Real and Barca. If you need to defend a lead or play defensively he is ideal.

Musacchio and Galeano have CB locked down as they are both playing excellently, and David Luiz is able back up for them. He wouldn't get a look in at CB so LB is a good position for him especially in my line up with Schellotto being very much an attacking wingback on the right hand side. Well balanced.

Salvatore Bocchetti is a must for anyone playing Napoli. Local born and can be gotten for a decent price from Russia. Can play LB or CB very ably.

He still great? How much can he bought for in second season?

hi,

started my very first game and choosed napoli.

I want to play a 4231 and am looking for a holding midfielder, who does also have some technical skills, since I want to implement a very technical style of play.

do you guys now any cheap holding midfielders, who can also build up a game and support the attack?

a good young and prospective center back would also be nice :)

anyway good luck and have fun

Another good young ball-playing defender is Rafael Toloi from Goias. Cost about £6M in 11.2, probably around the same in 11.3 but I think he's on loan the first season in the update. Brazilian but has Italian second nationality so no problem with the EU player rule.

I don't have any cheap ones off the top of my mind but Lucas from Liverpool sounds perfect for the role you want. He'll probably cost £8-10M ish, can play CM/DM, ball winner, DLP and has good mental stats. And like Toloi, Italian dual nationality.

hi,

started my very first game and choosed napoli.

I want to play a 4231 and am looking for a holding midfielder, who does also have some technical skills, since I want to implement a very technical style of play.

do you guys now any cheap holding midfielders, who can also build up a game and support the attack?

a good young and prospective center back would also be nice :)

anyway good luck and have fun

For your centerback try Galeano or Musacchio.

For your CM - Arturo Vidal maybe?

Thanks, advice on leagues to load? (I like running the bare minimum)

Was thinking just Italy, Spain and a smaller feeder league.

Personal choice really. I also load all major european and usually the Brazilian and Argentinian leagues too.

Think I'll just load Italy and the databases from just about every country out there (my usual, I won't manage outside Italy and I only really care about developing domestic players). I'll keep this thread updated on my progress.

el_magico89 - an often overlooked holding midfielder who can build up the attack is Gaetano D'Agostino. 18 for passing & creativity, and his PPMs are absolutely mouthwatering.

ROESIDER - been playing on 11.2.1, will finish up my next update and continue on 11.3. If I succeed with the 5 year plan I will keep it going. If not, I will have failed and must resign.

Candre168 - always a good idea to read the whole thread :)

Can anyone help me with the current squad? On 11.3 patch i have no idea who to play in my back 4 apart from Cannavaro? :(

If you want to play 4 at the back I would go Zuniga/Maggio; Cannavaro; Ruiz or Cribari; Dossena

If you want to play 4 at the back I would go Zuniga/Maggio; Cannavaro; Ruiz or Cribari; Dossena

Thank you for that my friend i shall give it a try. :D Anyone i should sell on? I am thinking about using a 4-2-4 or a 4-2-3-1.

Thank you for that my friend i shall give it a try. :D Anyone i should sell on? I am thinking about using a 4-2-4 or a 4-2-3-1.

I sold the 2 old centreback/wingback dudes, but I bought another CB in. I don't think I sold anyone of any consequence other than them.

Can anyone help me with the current squad? On 11.3 patch i have no idea who to play in my back 4 apart from Cannavaro? :(

What Edgar said, except ignore Cribari he's poor. Campagnaro and Santacroce are ahead of him whilst Cannavaro and Victor Ruiz should be first choice. If you want to use Maggio further forward I would use Campagnaro ahead of Zuniga at right back as well, he's a great defensive full back. Same goes for Aronica on the left but it sounds like you've sold him.

Well i ain't sold him on yet. The ones i have currently to be sold on are Gianello, Iezzo, Grava, Vitale(might risk it) & Blasi. I am on to sell on Vitale it'll mean i need another winger i guess but i have a couple cheap top potential ones in mind so we shall see how this goes.

I did try out a test game with the tactic, just recently and it shown good signs with my 4-2-4 and Levazzi scored 14 goals in 6 games in europe! Which i was so amazed by. Cavani, i have no idea because when i went to look at his stats it only shown app and goals for the league and no match rating, assits, motm ect, same problem as Suarez?

Anyway, i'll let you all know how my pre-season gets on later. :)

Napoli, 2010/11 - Pre season update

Finally got my team sorted out and with some money to spare i will save up for either Jan or for the summer depending on where we are in the league. :)

Here is the signings, sales and starting 11;

Signed:

Bouy

E. Hazard

Boucher

Labyad

Bakambu

Maletic

& Roussillon

I also own Dumitru 100% but his name is still orange?

Sold:

Vitale

Gianello

Iezzo

Grava

& Blasi

Spent 24m & made 6.5m. :)

Here is my starting 11;

De Santis

Campagnaro - Cannavaro - Ruiz - Dossena

Gargano - Hamsik

Sosa ----------------------- Hazard

Cavani - Lavezzi

That's a mighty attacking team there. You got a plan B for the bigger teams?

Who needs a plan B when i won Inter away 3-2. ;) But i do, make it a 4-4-2 and let the wingers sit a little more.

I just feel that Hamsik either needs either to play 'in-the-hole' or in a 3 man midfield to get the best of his attacking attributes. Pairing him with Gargano gives him a little too much defensive responsibility for me. But that's just me.

I just feel that Hamsik either needs either to play 'in-the-hole' or in a 3 man midfield to get the best of his attacking attributes. Pairing him with Gargano gives him a little too much defensive responsibility for me. But that's just me.

I agree with this but I have seen others use him similarly with success so each to their own.

Finally got started with save with Napoli in 11.3. I've been experimenting with a 5 man defense with my long-term Liverpool save and found it works pretty well on the road. I'm planning on using two main tactics, 3-4-1-2 for easier opponents and 5-2-1-2 for the tougher teams. I'll also probably throw in a 4-2-2-2 in case I get injury problems at CB or WB. As far as transfers, I'm really happy with the first XI so no major transfers there but I'll need some depth at ST, LWB and a long-term successor for De Sanctis. Only signing I've made is Stephen el Sharawyy for 750k+incentives at the end of season along with the pre-made deal for Federico Francisco or whatever, a CB from Argentina.

Unbeaten in the league with Napoli. With Lavezzi & Hamsik both out it's a good acheivement to have! I am hoping i can get into the top 4/5 or whatever to get into the CL for next season. Side looks strong attacking wise i just need a better defence if i am to compete in Europe.

So far so good though! Just won Palermo 2-3 away i'm guessing there our rivals too? Fans should love me already :D

Unbeaten in the league with Napoli. With Lavezzi & Hamsik both out it's a good acheivement to have! I am hoping i can get into the top 4/5 or whatever to get into the CL for next season. Side looks strong attacking wise i just need a better defence if i am to compete in Europe.

So far so good though! Just won Palermo 2-3 away i'm guessing there our rivals too? Fans should love me already :D

good start mate. There are less teams who aren't rivals to Napoli than are in Serie A. Palermo are most definite rival.

How much would the dude go for?

You probably can't buy him til Jan of season 2. He is on loan at Napoli 1st season and they have an agreed transfer so they would be v unlikely to sell in July/August.

And tbh he is probably the best goalscorer I've seen on this game so I wouldn't sell him for less than £60m personally, the chairman would probably accept less.

Archived