FM11: The Official S.S.C Napoli Thread - Now they have Cavani

JimmyWangYang

Mate, losing Hamsik is a massive blow, make sure your % of transfer revenue is as high as possible so you can reinvest. That said, he is replaceable. Look at Christian Eriksen as a longer term option, or else there are plenty of players in Serie A. Poli, Palombo perhaps? Defour is great but has injury problems, while Niko Kranjcar is another great alternative.

In terms of other areas to strengthen, i can only say where i am looking at. I'm coming to the end of season 1, in 3rd place, but in the close season want a centre back(Dante), left back(Criscito) and a CM(Gago or other). I've got Benitez coming on a free, but really wanted Humberto Suazo instead. I pray to god that no-one bids for my key players.

Infact, this has spurred me to get Hamsik on a new deal. To my surprise he didn't even ask for a rise. I got him on 55, 000 Euros a week, but put a hefty 60m Euros minimum release fee in there. Great stuff :D

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More results;

Bari A 2-4 Shock result, played terribly

Lecce H 3-1

A.Villa A 3-2 Two nil down at H/T, we rallied to turn the tie around

Brescia A 1-1

Palermo A TIM cup semi final 1-1

Fiorentina H 1-1

Villa H 3-0 Sent us through to the Europa Semis

Cesena H 3-1

Man City H 0-1 We face a struggle in the 2nd tie now. Gargano got himself sent off in the 18th minute, and we struggled for the rest of the match. Lucky to only concede 1, and we must attack in the 2nd leg.

Palermo A 0-1 Another poor result, the boys not turning up.

Through to the Europa League final, after besting Citeh. As i wrote above, they got a 1-0 at the San Paulo. We managed to overturn the deficit and won 2-1, 2-2 on agg. and through on away goals, after a 92nd minute winner from Cavani! We meet Zenit in the final, which should be a tough prospect.

End of season review

Serie A;

In truth, but for the briefest of moments around October, we were never in the race for the Scudetto. Our pre-winter form was 'on the wave of enthusiasm', with all aspects of our play gelling. The winter break came and went, and from then on our form could be described as patchy. Failure to deal with any sort of high cross cost us one too many point. Nevertheless, we held onto 3rd for the whole season, despite pressure from Udinese and Palermo. To be the third best team in Italy is a good achievement for this team, and gives us an excellent platform to progress next year.

Europa League;

I made no secret of my wish to win this competition, in the belief that doing so would put Napoli on the continental map. I can say with great pride that we did manage to win the competition, following these results;

1st knockout rd; Basel 4-1 Agg.

2nd knockout rd; Ath.Madrid 3-2 Agg. They dominated us in Spain, and had looked to put us out of the tie with a 2-0 win. The San Paulo faithful gave us a good backing for the return, and we managed to reverse the tie. We scored early on, but could not find a breakthrough for 80 minutes. Assuncao got sent off, which was to our advantage, and we bundled the ball home in the 93rd minute. Again we made it difficult for ourselves, but snatched a last second winner in extra time to prevent the lottery of a shootout.

Q/F; Aston Villa 6-2 Agg.

S/F; Man City 2-2 Agg, through on away goals. A very tough game, but once again we stole a 93rd minute winner through the genius that is Edinson Cavani.

F; Zenit st Petersburg 4-0. I was slightly apprehensive about this game, and this feeling was reinforced throughout the first 25-30 minutes of the game. Zenit had us on the backfoot with their high tempo passing, so i decided to play this to our advantage and employ a direct counter attacking game instead of trying to compete with their 5-man midfield for possession. It worked delightfully, and Cavani ended up scoring 4 fantastic goals. The first a thunderbolt from the edge of the area, the second, which killed the game, was a slick banana shot with the outside foot just inside the area. The third, a deft header from a set piece, and the fourth, he raced through, latching onto a through ball from our RB. The Zenit keeper rushed out, and Cavani dummied, then chipped it over him. Fantastic goal and i wish i could show it. The game won comprehensively despite Zenit's early threats. The fans chant my name.

TIM cup;

Lost 2-1 on AGG. in the semi to Palermo

Star players;

Cavani- 39 goals in 45 games says it all, 26 coming in Serie A to earn him the cappocanonniere. Av. rating in Serie A- 7.41, Europa League- 7.94

Hamsik- 9 goals, 13 assists all season, in Serie A. KEY player and the one who makes us tick. May retrain him to a CF. Most improved player, stat wise.

Lavezzi- 13 goals in 32 league games is pretty damn good for a DLF. This despite the idiot media on his back for his 'goal droughts'.

Honourable mentions go out to Canavarro, Ruiz, Aronica and Grava- the latter two were not getting any games pre x-mas and were going to be solde, but their experience is vital to me now, and steadied the ship during Spring- Gargano and De Sanctis.

What next;

The scudetto, i suppose! We will make some adjustments to the squad over summer, and try to challenge the big boys for the big prize. Also, a champions league adventure awaits. We are going to need to improve the squad. Not wholesale, but something here and there, in order to cope with the increase of quality, games and expectations.

I need a tall, powerful CB(Dante hopefully), another CM(Gago is an option, but i will look around) and either/both a RB/LB. I'm looking at Criscito, and while he is interested, i don't hold much hope about doing a deal with Genoa in regards to the fee. I'm not sure how much i will have to spend, what with Cavani coming in on a perma-deal. I've got Benitez and Elmander coming in on frees. Don't really want them both, but they had amazing seasons and won't cost anything. Perhaps Benitez will be loaned out for a season. Thiago of Barcelona is almost a done deal too.

Onwards and upwards, loving this save :cool::thup:

End of season review

Serie A;

In truth, but for the briefest of moments around October, we were never in the race for the Scudetto. Our pre-winter form was 'on the wave of enthusiasm', with all aspects of our play gelling. The winter break came and went, and from then on our form could be described as patchy. Failure to deal with any sort of high cross cost us one too many point. Nevertheless, we held onto 3rd for the whole season, despite pressure from Udinese and Palermo. To be the third best team in Italy is a good achievement for this team, and gives us an excellent platform to progress next year.

Europa League;

I made no secret of my wish to win this competition, in the belief that doing so would put Napoli on the continental map. I can say with great pride that we did manage to win the competition, following these results;

1st knockout rd; Basel 4-1 Agg.

2nd knockout rd; Ath.Madrid 3-2 Agg. They dominated us in Spain, and had looked to put us out of the tie with a 2-0 win. The San Paulo faithful gave us a good backing for the return, and we managed to reverse the tie. We scored early on, but could not find a breakthrough for 80 minutes. Assuncao got sent off, which was to our advantage, and we bundled the ball home in the 93rd minute. Again we made it difficult for ourselves, but snatched a last second winner in extra time to prevent the lottery of a shootout.

Q/F; Aston Villa 6-2 Agg.

S/F; Man City 2-2 Agg, through on away goals. A very tough game, but once again we stole a 93rd minute winner through the genius that is Edinson Cavani.

F; Zenit st Petersburg 4-0. I was slightly apprehensive about this game, and this feeling was reinforced throughout the first 25-30 minutes of the game. Zenit had us on the backfoot with their high tempo passing, so i decided to play this to our advantage and employ a direct counter attacking game instead of trying to compete with their 5-man midfield for possession. It worked delightfully, and Cavani ended up scoring 4 fantastic goals. The first a thunderbolt from the edge of the area, the second, which killed the game, was a slick banana shot with the outside foot just inside the area. The third, a deft header from a set piece, and the fourth, he raced through, latching onto a through ball from our RB. The Zenit keeper rushed out, and Cavani dummied, then chipped it over him. Fantastic goal and i wish i could show it. The game won comprehensively despite Zenit's early threats. The fans chant my name.

TIM cup;

Lost 2-1 on AGG. in the semi to Palermo

Star players;

Cavani- 39 goals in 45 games says it all, 26 coming in Serie A to earn him the cappocanonniere. Av. rating in Serie A- 7.41, Europa League- 7.94

Hamsik- 9 goals, 13 assists all season, in Serie A. KEY player and the one who makes us tick. May retrain him to a CF. Most improved player, stat wise.

Lavezzi- 13 goals in 32 league games is pretty damn good for a DLF. This despite the idiot media on his back for his 'goal droughts'.

Honourable mentions go out to Canavarro, Ruiz, Aronica and Grava- the latter two were not getting any games pre x-mas and were going to be solde, but their experience is vital to me now, and steadied the ship during Spring- Gargano and De Sanctis.

What next;

The scudetto, i suppose! We will make some adjustments to the squad over summer, and try to challenge the big boys for the big prize. Also, a champions league adventure awaits. We are going to need to improve the squad. Not wholesale, but something here and there, in order to cope with the increase of quality, games and expectations.

I need a tall, powerful CB(Dante hopefully), another CM(Gago is an option, but i will look around) and either/both a RB/LB. I'm looking at Criscito, and while he is interested, i don't hold much hope about doing a deal with Genoa in regards to the fee. I'm not sure how much i will have to spend, what with Cavani coming in on a perma-deal. I've got Benitez and Elmander coming in on frees. Don't really want them both, but they had amazing seasons and won't cost anything. Perhaps Benitez will be loaned out for a season. Thiago of Barcelona is almost a done deal too.

Onwards and upwards, loving this save :cool::thup:

Awesome game fair play. You've just inspired me to start a game with Napoli lol

It's a truly great save, believe me. The expectations from the board are mid-table, not much money to play with either but it doesn't matter, it's so much fun. You have a really tough, hard working squad to work with, plus world class players in Hamsik/Cavani.

I haven't signed anyone in the first season, bar Gago on loan from Real, and i think that makes it much more interesting too.

It's a truly great save, believe me. The expectations from the board are mid-table, not much money to play with either but it doesn't matter, it's so much fun. You have a really tough, hard working squad to work with, plus world class players in Hamsik/Cavani.

I haven't signed anyone in the first season, bar Gago on loan from Real, and i think that makes it much more interesting too.

Yes, im only coming to the end of July but i am thoroughly enjoying it. I am not going to make wholesale changes, in fact i have only brought in 1 player and that is Borini on loan from Chelsea and im not really getting rid of many players.

So i'm in the summer of 2011, trying, well, casually trying to add to the squad. I got given 13m euros in jan, which i didn't spend. So i have that, and god knows how much the board will give me in pre season. Thus, making deals/plans is really really difficult.

My first proper signing was Dante, a Brazilian centre back from Gladbach, for 6.5m. Also, i have the exciting young Thiago from Barca on a free, Christian Benitez, also on a free, who will be adequate cover, and lastly Federico Vilar, again on a free. I pulled out of the Elmander deal, realising i don't need him at all. Perhaps Quag's will reject Juve and come back to Napoli?

I've still yet to decide on Gago. Bids for Munoz(Palermo have Europa league football next yr, so are in no need to sell), Buananotte and Otemandi have been rejected. Not sure i can afford them anyway as i think we still have to pay for Cavani(?). The player i REALLY wanted was Vidal, but he went to Real in an 18m deal. Also put in a cheeky 6m bid for Inter's Lucio, but Real have nabbed him. Typical Mourinho signings! I'm hell bent on keeping the squad predominantly Italian/Argentinian + a smattering of S.Americans.

Pastore would be lovely :)

Yes, im only coming to the end of July but i am thoroughly enjoying it. I am not going to make wholesale changes, in fact i have only brought in 1 player and that is Borini on loan from Chelsea and im not really getting rid of many players.

I am finding it hard to get rid of players, due to loyalty. Aronica and Grava played so well for me when called upon in the second half of the season, so i will retain them for next season, even though their pensioners. i got rid of Zuniga though, who was surplus to requirements.

Quagiarella rejects Juve. Despite this, i'm transfer listing him. Relations between Napoli and Fabio have been strained for some time apparently, and i don't want his big wages on my books when i have enough striker options and need to bring in other players. Sayonara Fabio!

Lol, 61 goals in half the games :D

He is an absolute genius!

My transfer activity has taken a bit of a whack, as i have to sell players to reduce the wage bill. Frustrating, because i want to buy the next level of player. But as De Laurentiis says, progress must be gradual. Quagariella will be the most high profile exit, but also Vitale and all the reserve squad will be put up for sale.

I'm not really getting the offers i was hoping for, for Zuniga and it looks like i might have to let him go for around £2.5m with no-one offering the cash all upfront :( I have however brought in N'diaye from Nancy for a total including clauses and installments of £4.5m. I'm going to keep my squad predominantly Italian/South American but i will look to bring in the odd one or two from europe. I will look to keep Quagriella and Cigarini when they return from loan. I have 5 days left of the transfer window to get rid of one or two reserves.

I'm not really getting the offers i was hoping for, for Zuniga and it looks like i might have to let him go for around £2.5m with no-one offering the cash all upfront :( I have however brought in N'diaye from Nancy for a total including clauses and installments of £4.5m. I'm going to keep my squad predominantly Italian/South American but i will look to bring in the odd one or two from europe. I will look to keep Quagriella and Cigarini when they return from loan. I have 5 days left of the transfer window to get rid of one or two reserves.

You won't get much for Zuniga, but i accepted 2m cos i don't need big money. I'm also keeping Ciagrini unless someone wants him, which is doubtful. Quagriella has been sold to Hoffenheim for 11m euro, so it get's an expensive(but very very good) reserve off my wage bill.

I was thinking of buying Cavani for my Renne side but i've come abit stuck, is he worth £30m ?

What season? How old is he? What have your Rennes side achieved? If Rennes are in the market then i presume it's later on. He is WC x 10, but if he is approaching 30 y/o i would advise against spending anywhere near that amount, unless you have a sorted squad already.

I've found it hard to get South Americans with Italian nationality which is a pain with only being able to sign 1 non EU. Munoz and Forlin both concerned me as my scout said they are both vulnerable to injuries so gave them a miss. Toloi is pretty cheap though.

When offering players out my aim was to get rid of Santacroce (he tires too easily for my liking) Bayern will offer £8M for him. If you're playing without full/wing backs you can get £7-7.5M for Dossena, £5-6 for Vitale, Zuniga can fetch £5.75M if you offer him out for £6M, get rid of the oldies for what you can and then you'll end up with a healthy £24M (ish) to play with.

I've not got my save loaded at the minute but i'll be posting transfers ect; in a little while.

I've found it hard to get South Americans with Italian nationality which is a pain with only being able to sign 1 non EU. Munoz and Forlin both concerned me as my scout said they are both vulnerable to injuries so gave them a miss. Toloi is pretty cheap though.

When offering players out my aim was to get rid of Santacroce (he tires too easily for my liking) Bayern will offer £8M for him. If you're playing without full/wing backs you can get £7-7.5M for Dossena, £5-6 for Vitale, Zuniga can fetch £5.75M if you offer him out for £6M, get rid of the oldies for what you can and then you'll end up with a healthy £24M (ish) to play with.

I've not got my save loaded at the minute but i'll be posting transfers ect; in a little while.

Damn i missed a trick with Zuniga then cos i only managed to offload him for £3.6m but only £800k of that is upfront. I am playing Wing Backs so Dossenna is a keeper for now with Vitale currently out on loan. I am happy with the squad as i dont want to make loads of unrealistic changes but just to alter it with a couple every transfer window if needs be.

Signing players is friggin difficult without paying waaay over the top.

Criscito is a no-goer despite wanting to play Champions League for Napoli. Genoa obviously don't give a damn about his career. Ziegler the same. Struggling find ways to improve my squad to be honest! No Italian teams will do business with me, Nocerino, Poli etc etc

Can't even get Otemandi for 15m. I also wanted to sign Hargreaves on a pay as you pay deal, but he wanted 60k basic.....no way, you've barely played for 3 years! Great DM though, speaks Italian too. Went to Schalke instead.

Signing players is friggin difficult without paying waaay over the top.

Criscito is a no-goer despite wanting to play Champions League for Napoli. Genoa obviously don't give a damn about his career. Ziegler the same. Struggling find ways to improve my squad to be honest! No Italian teams will do business with me, Nocerino, Poli etc etc

Can't even get Otemandi for 15m. I also wanted to sign Hargreaves on a pay as you pay deal, but he wanted 60k basic.....no way, you've barely played for 3 years! Great DM though, speaks Italian too. Went to Schalke instead.

But the fact that it seems so difficult makes me want to take on the challenege even more haha!! i've just won my 2nd league game away to Brescia 3-1 with Lavezzi being the outstanding player. I am now going into the Europa League after being drawn in a tough group with CSKA, APOEL AND AZ.

Yeah that's true. At least we have Cavani/Hamsik/Lavezzi! They are world class, so in my mind we don't need 11 of these players on the pitch. The hard grafters are just as important. If i can get Gago on another season loan i'd be happy with that.

yer definitly. I am not looking for superstars, im just looking to hold on to them 3 and build a team around them. this boy Verratti has impressed in a few sub appearances he has made so hopefully he will become a key figure in years to come as he is only 17. Gargano has been exceptional for me so far fair play.

Yeah that's true. At least we have Cavani/Hamsik/Lavezzi! They are world class, so in my mind we don't need 11 of these players on the pitch. The hard grafters are just as important. If i can get Gago on another season loan i'd be happy with that.

yer definitly. I am not looking for superstars, im just looking to hold on to them 3 and build a team around them. this boy Verratti has impressed in a few sub appearances he has made so hopefully he will become a key figure in years to come as he is only 17. Gargano has been exceptional for me so far fair play.

Just loaded up, only in October so far

my ins and outs

napoliins2010.jpg

All offered out for as much as I could and all payments were upfront bar £1.6M of Varane's fee. I still have £8M left to spend if need be though i'm trying to save it for either Macheda or Poloschi. Eriksen has a £12M or £13M future fee agreed, so I think bar a decent sub keeper i've strengthened each area that needed it most. I'm playing 3-4-1-2 as I felt Lavezzi is too good to be a reserve and Cavani would be wasted out wide or as an AMC. The only disappointing thing with my ins was the lack of Italians/Argentines brought in but funds dictated in the end after giving it a huge amount of thought :(

Bought Insua in on loan for the season. Not the greatest Left back, but he has excellent team ethic and determination, and he's an Argy. This was in lieu of my failed bids for Criscito. Insua will provide a decent alternative for Dossena.

Nice, thats a good call as cover for left back. He is going on my shortlist for next years wbl cover along with Izaguirre.

Some great signings, specifically Eriksen and Lamela. I've always wanted to manager Eriksen but never found a club for him. I might see what's happening in a yr or two with him, because Ajax tend to waste him. He's a good successor to Hamsik. Then again i'll try and get an Italian over Eriksen, but actually getting them is another matter. All so loyal!

I need a good crosser of the ball next for Cavani to get his head on. Let me know how the 3-4-1-2 goes. I'm playing with a 4-3-1-2, but want something wider.

Just starting a game where I'll be switching between a 3-4-3 and a 4-3-3, depending on the opponent's shape. Pretty happy with how I'll be lining up, but unsure about my defence - Dossena and Maggio look to be ideally suited to playing as wing backs in my 3-4-3, but can they cut it defensively in a back four? Similarly, I'm not sure which way to go with my centre backs. Cannavaro will be my Libero in the 3-4-3, but he's probably too slow for a 4-3-3: I'm going to play a really high defensive line. Is Victor Ruiz and Campagnaro/Santacroce a good enough pair of centre backs for both formations, and if so, who should be the right sided player, Campagnaro or Santacroce? Any other help would be great.

EDIT - By the way, hoping to bring in Galloppa to play alongside Hamsik in midfield!

I've put both Lamela and Shaqiri on extra crossing work in training. I don't expect much from either this year but they will certainly be getting Europa and cup starts. Like you i'd always wanted to try Eriksen, couldn't afford Ganso (i'd love to sign him at some point too on another save) Pastore (never signed him either) was too much as well so having Eriksen seemed the next best to try for.

My 3-4-1-2 isn't too bad so far. It's been solid but the one criticism is we're not scoring enough. Maybe gelling is still playing a part as I try and play Witsel and Eriksen in the center as often as I can.

Just starting a game where I'll be switching between a 3-4-3 and a 4-3-3, depending on the opponent's shape. Pretty happy with how I'll be lining up, but unsure about my defence - Dossena and Maggio look to be ideally suited to playing as wing backs in my 3-4-3, but can they cut it defensively in a back four? Similarly, I'm not sure which way to go with my centre backs. Cannavaro will be my Libero in the 3-4-3, but he's probably too slow for a 4-3-3: I'm going to play a really high defensive line. Is Victor Ruiz and Campagnaro/Santacroce a good enough pair of centre backs for both formations, and if so, who should be the right sided player, Campagnaro or Santacroce? Any other help would be great.

EDIT - By the way, hoping to bring in Galloppa to play alongside Hamsik in midfield!

Dossena and Maggio are not great defenders- the former for his poor positioning, the latter for his poor marking/tackling(but has great positioning so useful on the wing). However they are superb WB's, but i recommend a holding midfielder if you use them, and more specifically only use them in the FB positions when you know you are much better than the opposition. They are fine on the wing when playing the big teams, but otherwise it's suicidal playing them as FB's against quick attacking winger or FB's.

Victor Ruiz did very well for me at CB alongside Canavarro, even when i played a high line i utilised the offside trap, which occasionally got caught out but not often. My only real defensive problem was high ball. As it is, they cannot deal with them, which is why i bought Dante. For the right sided player, i would choose Santacroce personally. A good marker with good anticipation.

Nah, it's a fun squad to leave as it is, at least for a season.

I have a huge Argentinian contingent in my squad now;

7 Argentinians

1 Brazilian

1 Ecuadorian

2 Uruguayans

1 Slovakian(who speaks Italian)

2 Spaniards

12 Italians.

It's fantastic, everyone speaks the same language pretty much, Christian Benitez already has a basic understanding of Italian, and it's really cool to see that since my new signings came in, the squad morale has been boosted. Hopefully this will give me a boost and advantage over other clubs with 'better' players. Really strong group, i've got to nurture that. My nationality in the game is also Argentinian Italian. Building a dynsasty!

I think that my transfer activity is done aswell. I wanted to get it finalised before pre season matches start, and i have done most of what i wanted. I couldn't get the Criscito's, Poli's, Montolivo's, Otemandi's that i desired so much, mainly due to wage structure almost past it's ceiling. De Laurentiis asked me to rectify that, and have done mostly through selling fringe and deadwood players;

In's

Dante, 6.5m- A tall, brute of a centre back. Excellent workrate, world class marker and tackler, and brave as a Spartan. Has a bit of flair about him too, not sure how that'll come in handy :D

Gago, Season Loan- His 6 mth loan last season was a very decent one. I was reticent to buy him, even at such a cheap fee(2m). However, i thought he justified a full season's loan at least. We needed an anchor man who can keep possession and pass the ball well, along with the requisite work ethic and determination. His positioning is just what we need from a holding midfielder, and his 90% pass rate completion is rarely bettered across the continent

Insua, Season Loan- With bids for Criscito and Ziegler flat-line refused, i decided to back off and instead bring this young Argentinian warrior in for cover at Left back. He has work to do, if he is to be more than just a steady work horse, but his crossing is decent, works hard for the team, is determined, brave and has surprisingly brilliant composure for such a young man. Therefore, he fits the Napoli ethos perfectly.

Benitez, Free Transfer-- The little Ecuadorian poacher will provide a good option coming off the bench, and is adaptable in that he will play with Cavani, Lavezzi or Hamsik with equal aplomb. Good finisher, as was proved by his 5 goals at the Copa America.

Vilar, Free Transfer- Experience Argentinian pro. Bring determination and provides good cover for De Sanctis in goal. Who knows, perhaps he will even put him under pressure for a starting place?

Thiago, Free Transfer- A definite coup for the future of Napoli. Barcelona are furious, having let yet another bright young talent leave for nothing. Their fault for not respecting their young talent enough to offer him better terms. He will take time to settle in, but if we are patient, the Spaniard could be a key playmaker. I kept Victor Ruiz to help him settle in, despite bids of 18m euros from Lyon and Ath.Madrid.

Outs;

I sold alot of deadwood, cutting my losses and releasing many on free transfers.

Zuniga 2m

Vitale 2m

Rinaudo 2m

Hoffer 750k

Quagliarella 11m euros- Perhaps selling a class centre forward like Fabio may seem a strange decision, but my frontline of Lavezzi, Hamsik and Cavani is a unified one. Fabio would be the top earner at my club, and i decided without question that he must be sold. He is not on best terms with Napoli anymore, and an 11m to Hoffenheim was the best deal for everyone. I even rejected bigger offers for him from England, just so he could move to his preferred destination, Germany.

Nah, it's a fun squad to leave as it is, at least for a season.

I have a huge Argentinian contingent in my squad now;

7 Argentinians

1 Brazilian

1 Ecuadorian

2 Uruguayans

1 Slovakian(who speaks Italian)

2 Spaniards

12 Italians.

It's fantastic, everyone speaks the same language pretty much, Christian Benitez already has a basic understanding of Italian, and it's really cool to see that since my new signings came in, the squad morale has been boosted. Hopefully this will give me a boost and advantage over other clubs with 'better' players. Really strong group, i've got to nurture that. My nationality in the game is also Argentinian Italian. Building a dynsasty!

I think that my transfer activity is done aswell. I wanted to get it finalised before pre season matches start, and i have done most of what i wanted. I couldn't get the Criscito's, Poli's, Montolivo's, Otemandi's that i desired so much, mainly due to wage structure almost past it's ceiling. De Laurentiis asked me to rectify that, and have done mostly through selling fringe and deadwood players;

In's

Dante, 6.5m- A tall, brute of a centre back. Excellent workrate, world class marker and tackler, and brave as a Spartan. Has a bit of flair about him too, not sure how that'll come in handy :D

Gago, Season Loan- His 6 mth loan last season was a very decent one. I was reticent to buy him, even at such a cheap fee(2m). However, i thought he justified a full season's loan at least. We needed an anchor man who can keep possession and pass the ball well, along with the requisite work ethic and determination. His positioning is just what we need from a holding midfielder, and his 90% pass rate completion is rarely bettered across the continent

Insua, Season Loan- With bids for Criscito and Ziegler flat-line refused, i decided to back off and instead bring this young Argentinian warrior in for cover at Left back. He has work to do, if he is to be more than just a steady work horse, but his crossing is decent, works hard for the team, is determined, brave and has surprisingly brilliant composure for such a young man. Therefore, he fits the Napoli ethos perfectly.

Benitez, Free Transfer-- The little Ecuadorian poacher will provide a good option coming off the bench, and is adaptable in that he will play with Cavani, Lavezzi or Hamsik with equal aplomb. Good finisher, as was proved by his 5 goals at the Copa America.

Vilar, Free Transfer- Experience Argentinian pro. Bring determination and provides good cover for De Sanctis in goal. Who knows, perhaps he will even put him under pressure for a starting place?

Thiago, Free Transfer- A definite coup for the future of Napoli. Barcelona are furious, having let yet another bright young talent leave for nothing. Their fault for not respecting their young talent enough to offer him better terms. He will take time to settle in, but if we are patient, the Spaniard could be a key playmaker. I kept Victor Ruiz to help him settle in, despite bids of 18m euros from Lyon and Ath.Madrid.

Outs;

I sold alot of deadwood, cutting my losses and releasing many on free transfers.

Zuniga 2m

Vitale 2m

Rinaudo 2m

Hoffer 750k

Quagliarella 11m euros- Perhaps selling a class centre forward like Fabio may seem a strange decision, but my frontline of Lavezzi, Hamsik and Cavani is a unified one. Fabio would be the top earner at my club, and i decided without question that he must be sold. He is not on best terms with Napoli anymore, and an 11m to Hoffenheim was the best deal for everyone. I even rejected bigger offers for him from England, just so he could move to his preferred destination, Germany.

Madrid werne't interested in letting me loan Gago which was disappointing but ive got on well. Only now in my 9th competitive match in charge have i suffered defeat and it was away to A.C Milan which is no embarresment.

I congratulate you on some brilliant pieces of business there in the transfer market too! :)

You can ask Real again in January, and i'm sure he'll be available by then. He's a handy player, and will help retain possession from deep, which is something our team finds hard to do.

I'm planning on using 4-3-1-2 as a main tactic, but will be also trying to make a 5-3-2 with 3 CB's, 2 WB's, 2 CB's, 1 AMC, and 2CF's work, and hopefully this can go on to merge into the Napoli 3-4-1-2 formation.

......................De Sanctis.......................

..............Ruiz....Cannavaro....Dante..........

Maggio..........................................Insua

...............Blasi................Gago...............

........................Hamsik.........................

...............Lavezzi..........Cavani...............

I think this will be a dominant tactic, and spatially aware. The 4-3-1-2 get's a bit cluttered at times, although it is fantastic at breaking up opposition attacks, but the drawback being exposure on the wings. And a lack of full backs who are both attacking and positionally aware.

You can ask Real again in January, and i'm sure he'll be available by then. He's a handy player, and will help retain possession from deep, which is something our team finds hard to do.

I'm planning on using 4-3-1-2 as a main tactic, but will be also trying to make a 5-3-2 with 3 CB's, 2 WB's, 2 CB's, 1 AMC, and 2CF's work, and hopefully this can go on to merge into the Napoli 3-4-1-2 formation.

......................De Sanctis.......................

..............Ruiz....Cannavaro....Dante..........

Maggio..........................................Insua

...............Blasi................Gago...............

........................Hamsik.........................

...............Lavezzi..........Cavani...............

I think this will be a dominant tactic, and spatially aware. The 4-3-1-2 get's a bit cluttered at times, although it is fantastic at breaking up opposition attacks, but the drawback being exposure on the wings. And a lack of full backs who are both attacking and positionally aware.

I will look at Gago again in January no doubt. Also Gonzalo Rodriguez from Villareal to bolster my defence and also Burdisso, Nicolas younger brother. I play that 5-2-1-2 formation and it is working perfectly.

Wenger's trying to chat up Hamsik and has offered 10.25m, but I'm having none of it.

Not much has gone on, like I said, but I have spent some money completely overhauling the backroom staff, so that I've got at least 4 stars for each training category and some nice physios/a very good scout. Transfer wise, Galloppa was my main target, and cost me 5.8m - 2.9m each from Parma and Siena. I also pulled off (in my opinion) a real coup in signing Juan Forlin in a straight swap deal for Luigi Vitale, who Espanyol were after! He'll fill in at sweeper, centre back and centre mid, a really good player to have around for the way I want to play, and he's an Argentine/Italian. The game is switching back and forth naming him the new Gabriel Milito or the new Daniel Passarella, either of which would be brilliant, though I'd prefer the latter, obviously. Lokomotiv Moscow gave me 7.5m for Walter Gargano and another 7.5m for Hugo Campagnaro, so I decided to buy Empoli's half of Nicolao Dumitru for 1.3m to celebrate before sitting on my money - he looks a pretty good prospect.

I've been drawn with Gothenburg in the Europa League qualifier - not the easiest draw, but I still ought to pull through.

I started another Napoli save after I lost my first save when my hard drive died. This time around i chose a 4-1-2-1-2 formation with wing backs. I didnt buy anyone in the first transfer window but i did sell some of the older players including campagnaro who was useful but i decided to keep aronica instead because i could use him on the left wing and i had enough defenders. My first team looked like this:

..............Cavani.........Lavezzi..................

.......................Hamsik............................

..............Yebda...........Gargano...............

Dossena.............Blasi................,,,Maggio

.............Ruiz..............Cannavaro.............

.....................De Sanctis.........................

I finished the season in 4th place securing the champions league place i wanted. I managed to make the Italian Cup final but lost it to Milan 3-1. I also made the semi-final of the Euro Cup but lost to Arsenal.

The key players stats:

Cavani (Serie A top goalscorer) league: 24 goals.. All competitions: 36 goals

Hamsik (All competitions) 13 goals; 17 assists

Lavezzi (All competitions) 13 goals; 11 assists

Lavezzi did well to score and assist that many after he was injured for 4months and his acceleration/pace/agility all decreased. I had a couple of the major injuries to Maggio and Dossena which also hampered my season. I brought in a regens in the January a Brazilian MC who with good technical stats and mediocre mental and physical attributes but im hoping they'll go up.

For next season I'm hopping to bring in a keeper to replace De Sanctis as well as an MC to add some more class to my midfield. Ill see if i can bring in Gago but i don't like spending much on wages. The rest of the squad ill try to reinforce with regens/young players.

For next season I'm hopping to bring in a keeper to replace De Sanctis as well as an MC to add some more class to my midfield. Ill see if i can bring in Gago but i don't like spending much on wages. The rest of the squad ill try to reinforce with regens/young players.

You can get him on a season loan, Real usually ask for 50% of his wages to be paid.

Started a save with napoli, as i havent done an italy save and Cavani appealed to me :)

I will be sticking with the traditional Argentina+ Italy, except i will allow 1 foreigner to join each summer window.

Transfers in:

Gago- Loan 50%

Contento: Loan 100%

Munoz: 7.75m

M'Vila: 15m

Out: Gargano,Campagrano,Doseena,Pazienza

Chosen Formation and Lineup- napolinapolitactics2.png

I will explain this line up. Contento and Maggio provide the attacking width, floating crosses to Cavani. Gago and M'Vila are deep lying playmakers (Just sit infront of the defense, providing cover for when maggio and contento burst forward. Blasi is the destroyer in the midfield chasing down all over the park. Hamsik as an attacking midfielder, bursting late into the box to finish a ball off from Lavezzi (Dlf, support), or Cavani (Complete Forward.

What skin is that Jim? It's beautiful. Good luck on your save, looks like an interesting tactic, sort of a variation on the Italian 4-3-1-2.

Some sad news here guys, i think my beautiful save has died. I got a new computer and it all went wrong(on steam). I will try to revive it somehow, but i'm not gonna cry(for long). I will start over again today, and try to repeat the feats that we accomplished in the last game :(

As always, transfers off for the first window. Here goes!

What skin is that Jim? It's beautiful. Good luck on your save, looks like an interesting tactic, sort of a variation on the Italian 4-3-1-2.

Some sad news here guys, i think my beautiful save has died. I got a new computer and it all went wrong(on steam). I will try to revive it somehow, but i'm not gonna cry(for long). I will start over again today, and try to repeat the feats that we accomplished in the last game :(

As always, transfers off for the first window. Here goes!

Here is the skin, and yes it is beautiful: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/261002-FM11-RELEASED-JBF-11-Skin

Also i found the default colours look not that nice on it, so ive changed mine to this: edinsoncavaniprofileatt.png

If you like it ill give you the colour codes :)

Quick update from me.

I think the players are starting to settle in to the formation a lot better since christmas. We did have one shocking result at Inter though where we had injuries/suspensions and a lot of tired players after a hectic 2-3 weeks so I played mostly a reserve team as I didn't expect to win there anyway, unfortunately we played a lot worse than expected and got a 7-1 hammering. A fully fit squad more than made up for it the following game though as we hammered AC 4-0, I think not giving the players a telling off after the Inter game helped a bit as the players morale didn't suffer too badly after the game.

I added a few more players in January after multiple checks and glowing reports especially with Labyad. With that and the Situ deal taking most of the budget I decided to pay Eriksen's fee over 48 months. That will be covered by the monthly instalments coming my way for Dossena and Vitale otherwise i'd not have gone down that route.

transfers2010-112.jpg

Also incoming for next season is a young forward called Braz.

Capture.jpg

brazreport.jpg

As you can see from the screenshot and the report £3.5M could be the bargain of the century. He'll join in July.

Currently we are 2nd in the table with 6 games to go, we're 2 points behind Inter but only 5 ahead of Juventus in 5th place. The league is really tight at the top but luckily there is a 13 point gap between us and Fiorentina in 7th so we should be in the Europa league at least, which was my target anyway due to the amount of kids i've brought in. Anything after that is a bonus.

Nice there is quite a few of us on a Napoli save now. All of us going for minimal and realistic transfer policices too so it will be interesting to see who deos what :)

@ Mike_Cardinal i cant believe you sold Gargano he has been amazing for me :)

And @ Robert the Spud gutting about the save but glad you are having another go.

Cheers, how do you install the colour codes? In anycase, i'd like them, so yes please mate :thup:

First install the skin, then go to Sports Interactive>Fm11>Skins>Jbf11>Settings then open jbf11 settings with notepad.

Then scroll down to where it says <!-- profile attribute colours -->

Under that, replace the code there with:

<colour name="low attribute" blue="31" red="7" green="3" alpha="200"/>

<colour name="normal attribute" green="18" red="0" blue="255" />

<colour name="good attribute" blue="255" green="216" red="60" />

<colour name="excellent attribute" red="255" green="255" blue="0" />

There you go! Just pm me if you need anymore help, and enjoy the skin (suprisingly it re-invigorated fm for me, so i hope you enjoy it as much as i do)

What has been surprising for me is just how good Maggio performs. At the start of the game I was planning to sell him next season but he's been fantastic for me on the right of midfield (winger, attack duty) I know it's been mentioned on the thread a few times but Hamsik's fitness is a problem. I've been playing him at AMC like has been suggested in the thread but even there with an attack duty he's knackered after 65 mins or so. Has anyone had any success improving his stamina via the individual training? I have 4 and half and 5 star fitness coaches for each section, then a third a coach to take the load of (he's 4 and half star too if he only took one section) I've just started him on it now, but the fact his physicals are pretty good makes the situation odd.

Archived