MiNiMaL_FuSS 07 V4 || The home of the 4-4-2 || Updated Regularly!

hi fuss

i really like this tactic

ive won most games ,my only things im finding is:

concedeing goals (not always but sometimes concede 2 or 3)

i like the flat 4-4-2 but i would like to see a defensive midfielder as i use javier mascherano and nigel reo'coker in the middle do you think you might change a central midfielder to more defensive still keeping it a flat 4-4-2 in V3?)

cheers

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest nummer7

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Page 1 2 3 4 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey FUSS... Great tactic but what do yuo think a target man should have in his profil to be a good target man... cant find out my self..

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nummer7:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Page 1 2 3 4 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey FUSS... Great tactic but what do yuo think a target man should have in his profil to be a good target man... cant find out my self.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This are some of the attributes you need for a good target man

Heading

Jumping

Strength

Work Rate

First Touch

Determination

Or check out Alan Smith and match your target man according to him. he's leathal in my Arsenal squad. Here is a picture of MR.Target Man icon_wink.gif

37650alan_smith.jpg

marinersng2.th.png

Amazing tactic, its looking like im going to capture league two title in my first season, were only predicted to finsh 7th by the media and the team isn't amazing either.

I find changing the passing from down flanks to mixed, or makeing the target man run into the centre of the strikers, and makeing people change positions really causes ambiguity between the players.

Awesome tactic fuss KUTGW. Solid defence!! once i get better strikers aswell it should make it even better.

First season using v1 of this tactic

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/346/11112006125025zo0.jpg

So far in my second season using v2.

http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/8...6124324kd4.jpg

That's gotta be the best run ever upto that point ¬_¬

I'm basically using the same first team as I did last season.

http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/2615/11112006125343ol9.jpg

Nice work.

I just cant seem to get this tactic to give me any success. I have tried it with a few of the teams I have been with (RSL, New York, Bristol, Portsmouth, England and just been appointed Real Madrid manager so I might give it one last crack there). Have just used it for my last couple of England games, Beat a 9 man Poland team 3-0 with all the goals coming very late on and just got destroyed by Scotland 4-1.

Explain this:

I tried this tactic and got great result. I was in the ACC Finals, 3 games away from Singaporean League title and in the Singapore Cup Final. Then, my game just died on me.

So I replayed from the last saved game, and embark on my journey to the treble again. But this time, instead of getting to the finals, I lost at the semis, and even flunked in the League. I finished the season, and carried on the 2nd season. The poor form stayed.

I can;t emulate my initial success with the tactic.

few more target man suggestions, both crouch and adebayor have been super impressive for me over a season, crouch being better of the two, target man aim to head with crouch

I'm so gutted I can't get this to work. I read the thread, was impressed by the feedback and thought the tactical build up of the system was logical and sound. I have a good team for it, but...it falls short. Gutted!

I've tried most of the tips; changing delivery to my target man (Caracciolo, so should be a good fit) right before kick off, putting second striker on free role and/or drawing him back to an AMC slot with a forward arrow, made my wingers change positions...nothing. Literally: many games I end up without a shot on goal!

The only, ONLY complaint I could have about my team is that my wingers aren't very fast. They're technical and good crossers, but not fast. But does that account for so much?

From time to time I also struggle with deep crosses coming in: butting a backwards arrow on the fullbacks can't solve it, since it's the opposing fullbacks whipping in the cross from closer to the halfway line than my box. But still, I'd trade giving up those crosses and goals for making this tick offensively.

id say pace is vital in this tactic, apart from target man, my assists come from my wings 2/3 and the rest with the strikers, im tottenham, and have aaron lennon on rite and van persy on left, ure left striker should have loads of pace also, post ure team and players,tell me ure starting 11, i had berbatov in the target man role, and tho he can fufill this, i went and bought zigic especially for the role, and he is doing amazing,

guys i got a "problem" if you can call it like that. im using your tactic fuss im doing quite good but some weird stuff happens.

so i start a match with Ronaldo (man u) and momo.. as winders.. ronnie right and momo left.. well during the game they switch positions i see ronnie on the left and momo on the right when i saw that i imediatly clicked tactics and i was stupefied i saw ronnie on the left and momo on the right.. i was like.. "wtf just happned!! " the same things happens with my fbl and winger left.. henze and momo.. they always switch .. dont know why X(

heinze just gets 6's every match cus of that and momo scored 0 this seasons x(

how can this be? why is my tactic switching sides all by itself?

excuse my english and if i havent explained it the very best i could.

cheers

Hello

Definitely it's the best tactic I was using in FM07 (I've used ROT2 Solid, Barca domination etc)

Hovewer it's still not as good as Synax's pack for FM06, but maybe my players are **** icon_wink.gif or match engine is flawed

http://community.sigames.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/521102691/m/9462009272

(my players often easely loose ball)

I have a question:

What position should have wingers, AM or M?

And the same with midfielders, I use there DMC, but maybe I should look for AMC/DMC combo or simply MC?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jsl:

I had a very encouraging start for my first Premiership season with Nottingham Forest, however now I'm suffering from a very bad spell icon_frown.gif

My material is quite weak for Premiership, but my latest loss came against a Championship side at home in the Carling Cup icon_frown.gif

I have scored quite a lot, but the problem is that I've conceded most in the league.

Could it be that the AI has "cracked" it already? icon_eek.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wish I could say things have improved since my last post, but - I JUST GOT KNOCKED OUT FROM FA CUP BY A LEAGUE ONE SIDE!! icon_eek.gif

In the Premiership I've steadily sunk and am now on 16th spot, 2 points above relegation icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DDEEFF:

id say pace is vital in this tactic, apart from target man, my assists come from my wings 2/3 and the rest with the strikers, im tottenham, and have aaron lennon on rite and van persy on left, ure left striker should have loads of pace also, post ure team and players,tell me ure starting 11, i had berbatov in the target man role, and tho he can fufill this, i went and bought zigic especially for the role, and he is doing amazing, </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm in my third season by now, mind.

___________Tavano___Caracciolo

DiMichele_Parola_Stoldidis_Bellucci

Tonetto__Ferrari__Terzi__Birindelli

A few quick notes on my material: Tavano sometimes thrives, getting 9s and being my MoM, only to get a 4 the following week. My central midfield is solid as a rock, nothing special going forward but with acceptable technical stats.

I've gone back to Version 1, and at times that does do better for me. I get off shots on goal at the very least, but it's more inconsistant with individual performances (Tavano being the prime example).

FuSS - Question for ya icon_smile.gif

How do i implement this in your tactic..

442 diamond... Thing is, ive got great wingers - 2 very strong attackers, and this absolutely/incredible wonderkid called Anderson...

Basically, i want Anderson right behind the 2 strikers (like he plays IRL)

How do i implement this succesfully when your tactic is about playing down the flanks, hitting the target man etc... icon_smile.gif ?

This is my first ever post, but I just wanted to say a big thanks for saving my career(s). I am playing a 2 manager game, looking after mighty Tamworth and Birmingham.

Both teams managed to scrape promotion in the first season by playing a modified version of my old 06 4-4-2 Diamond. But this second season has been shocking. Tamworth started the league with a record of played 4 lost 2 drew 2. I changed to your tactic before a cup game verse championship side Reading, which I promptly won 3-1 in extra time, this was followed by a 6-0 thrashing of fellow league 2 struglers Barnet. Even the 41 year old Terry Sherringham manage to get on the score sheet twice (which was a good for him as I had been planning to send him to the glue factory). Incidently he is playing as my fast striker, because my regen forward has better stats in the target man requirements).

Only changes made to version 2 has been to turn on the swapped positions for my AMR an AML.

Does any one else notice if your Target man runs all over the pitch like a loon? I have seen him back in defence while goels are being scored the other end.

Also had him sort of freeze for around 30 seconds on the clock while a two opposition players tried to take the ball off him. The little circles just sort of vibrated for a hile, then he appeared with the ball and scored a 35 yarder.

I'll let you know how it goes, but so far I am poleased as the proverbial punch.

Birmingham only managed to get thumped 2-0 by Chelski, but even that is better than I expected.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alimdemir:

this tactic sux really...

>> if you have no good defenders you eat sh.t... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Please put it more nicely, and I think it's true to some extent. I started a new game with Newcastle and we are conceeding left, right, centre as my defenders are poop.

but you have to look at yhour team to see what changes you have to make, me my self have the left and right def to run back and sometimes i put my def midfielder to run back and tackle hard.

that seems to work som times.

i also have put the defence line a little mor back on the field on away games. it seems to work, but i only tried it for 4 games, but i have 3 wins and 1 looser<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ubos:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alimdemir:

this tactic sux really...

>> if you have no good defenders you eat sh.t... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Please put it more nicely, and I think it's true to some extent. I started a new game with Newcastle and we are conceeding left, right, centre as my defenders are poop. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nah, just didn't work for my St Albans team but I'm sure thats just because they are rubbish icon_razz.gif

Really didn't have the same defensive results for me, tried tinkering a bit but not too much as I was testing your tactic and not trying to create a whole new one.

Did revert back to my old technique which eventually got me promoted as champs but I'm bound to be poached by a bigger, better team soon and I'll test this tactic out again then.

Cheers chap.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FuSS:

Tempo and closing down are fairly low - so tactic infact causes less injuries thn most.

Hard tackling was removed in V2....honestly read the thread, and you'll find all the info.

For those few not having success:

Read the the thead, 07 is not like 06, tactics dont just work anymore, u need to read the tips section and make minor changes before everygame so the AI dosnt just crak your tactic.

---------------------

Now testing my first edition of V3, and it's goign very well right off the bat - First 2 matches:

West Ham 2 - Man Utd 0

West Ham 3 - Chelsea 0

I'll keep you posted. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You got an update FuSS?

Now I'm on a losing streak again, all of sudden, losing to shittier teams at home than what I a while ago beated on away icon_frown.gif

But can't really blame the tactic for this, FM07 is a f***ing rollercoaster when it comes to consistency icon13.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by devils_haven:

plsss post ure latest tactic...im relly lukin forward to it man..thnkx </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don' use text speech

jsl - Please refrain from foul language icon_smile.gif

Okay, I just finished my first season in Premiership with Nottingham Forest, used this tactic (V2) for the whole season. Here's the conclusion:

Final position: 11th

Won: 12

Drawn: 10

Lost: 16

So overall it was a good season I fell, although nothing "spectacular". Well obviously that would be extremely good for a new team in Premierleague in real life, but in FM nothing spectacular. icon_razz.gif

Hey fuss, just tryed your tactic with my Team From the lowest English league playable, and i must say it really did not work for me, i think this my beas the standard of my players is very poor. but ive played for 4 matches (i know this is not long but)

0-0 draw at home - was please witht his result as they was top of league

0-1 lose at home - was not very please at home and lost but is acceptable

4-1 lose Away - did not really have any of the ball, and just got smashed from start to end

7-1 lose at Home - well what can i say, they had a striker play a 10 and score 6 goals, my highest rateing this game was 5 i also had a red card and 4 players play a 3 rating,

but im sure this is just due to the rubbishness of my player in this league...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FuSS:

Hey with over 5,000 downloads both here and over at SortitoutSI of my 06 tactics versions I thought I'd have a stab at 07.

I've stuck with the 442 formation that got me so far last time, and as always my tactics come with the use of a target man by default. MiNiMaL_FuSS_07 v1 is very much a stanard 442, using fast breaks down the wings and a wide area in order to create chances, combined with my useual extremly defencive back 4.

•DR/DL - Very defensive, but encouraged to make forward runs on the break in order to counter attack. A solid defensive player is a must here, a pacey wingback racing forward is a bonus yes, but should not come at the expense of defensive characteristics (Baines had been exception here).

•DC - Very defensive, and stay back pretty much at all times playign the ultimate center back role, the useual big solid confident DCs are required here (Vidic has been exceptional here).

•MC/MC - I've avoided a dimond here as i've had trouble controlling the center of the park using one. Neither MC is particually offensive or defensive, both play solid center of the park roles and should look to make passes and pick out wingers (Macsherano has exceptional here).

•AML/AMR - Both very attacking, fast, and play quite wide, throuhging crosses in to be met by the target man. I've expertimented with arrow lengths and havn't actually found that much difference in overall play, so if your wingers are tiring feel free to shorten the arrows a little.

•FC/FC - The typical little and large combo is perfect here, seletc one as a target man and the other as the follow up striker, be prepared to make minor changes....I've left target man to mixed delivery, you shoudl change this to suit your target man, although some may perform well with it left to mixed (Drogba has been exceptional here).

--------------------------------

TIPS/TWEAKS:

Making small but important last minute changes seems to make a HUGE difference in FM07.

I'll useually make one or two of the following chances in the match screen at the very beginning, which is nomrally just enough to scupper the opposing teams plans to counter your tactic.

1= Change the target man side and delivery

2= Chnage yoour pacey striker to a free role

3= Add hold up the ball to your target man and possibly drop the other striker back with a forward arrow to original SC position (should result in pacey striker running in to collect ball from the target man)

4= Use swap position option on strikers and wingers (if you have wingers that can play on both sides)

These small tweak can cause just enough chage to confuse your enemey who probably setup their team especially to counter what they thought were you're original plans.

----------------------------------

Current Concerns:

I'm winning matches and scoring alot of goals with various teams, however there are still some defensive mistakes resulting in leaked goals, and also let in afew set-peices too many.

I'll be looking more closely at set peices for v2, and playing with some defensive tweaks....i've actually heard some good things about the offside trap in FM07!!!

-----------------------------------

Good luck and let me know, please dont post...its greats or its crap.

List your team and some details...as lways you need the right sorta players and time for them to settle in to a new tactic.

You'll find the tactic here on FMdownloads:

http://www.fmdownloads.net/index.php?action=downloadfil...y=FM%202007/Tactics& </div></BLOCKQUOTE>orduspor please tactic

I'm currently Port Vale and am about 8th, having played two less games than everybody else. I didnt implement your tactic until decemeber, lots of injuries etc, so far ive had a pretty good result using it. Anyways, my main question is what do you guys do with this tactic when you have a man sent off?

After trying to make a tactic of my own and not having any success. I started a new game with Milan as on every version of FM/CM. I am currently using Mr. Fuss's V2 tactic and had some success but not always... . I want to thank him first because I was giving up on the game after not getting any result with my own tactics.

There are a few remarks/troubles I have with the tactics.

1. Sometimes when a ball is loose around the penalty area, my goalkeeper doesn't come to gather the ball but rather wait until one of my defenders (who are further away) come and get it. Is this the tactics fault or is Dida just a lazy git?

2. I have Kaka and Pirlo as my MC's but they are not playing a very important role in my games. Also no matter what I do, Kaka plays too defensive and Pirlo too offensive. I've changed places, as well as putting their personal instructions to either more defensive or more attacking and nothing works...Stubborn?

3. I take a bit too many goals (1.0 p/g). Although my defenders are not bad at all:

Left: Kaladze, Centre: Collocini & Nesta and Right: Cafu/Bonera (looking for replacement)

They get in trouble especially when the other team is playing with a single striker. I've tried Tight Marking on the lone striker but it didn't really helped me out...

Otherwise it is going well, creating enough goals, just needs some changing during half time as indicated...

Any help with my questions above is appreciated...

Regards

Been using this tactic with Juventus for one and a half season now. Note: I've also added my own set pieces tweaks that I wrote about earlier in the thread.

Had some trouble at the start and had 5-3-3 after 11 games, conceding 8 goals. I'm guessing it had to do with my reputation causing morale to drop cos since then it's been fantastic. In the following 31 league games that season we won 27 and drew 4 and only conceded 12 goals. Goal difference in the league was 95-22 (40 goals from set pieces). Trezeguet topscorer with 52 goals in 45 games.

So far in 2nd season: 16 league games played: 13-3-0, 34-6 in GD (10 goals from set pieces - expecting that to increase when Trezeguet gets back from inj). Have also done well in the uefa cup and italian cup.

Total statistics:

Games played: 78 - Won 60 - Drawn 13 - Lost 5

Goals scored: 177 (2.3 p/m)

Goals conceded: 38 (0.5 p/m)

I'm very satisfied with the way the defence is working. It's looking even better this season after I got rid of the usual supsects (Boumsong, Tudor, Legrottaglie, Zebina). I'm scoring enough goals, but I don't think the midfield is perfect, atleast not going forward. Simpl put they aren't involded much in the attack. especiallt the central midfielders.

Guest timeforheroes

Amazing tactic, the only one I've found for 07 thats really worked - the defence in particular is fantastic. Currently top of the table by 9 points with Liverpool in January.

League stats:

Played 21

Won 14

Drawn 5

Lost 2

For 45

Against 14

GD +31

Points 47

Cheers! icon_biggrin.gif

do you think is that succesfull ? you guys really sux on tactic creating. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

und yu reli sux att engleesh

knob head

hi fuss

sorry if this has been asked , do you have an idea of when you might be releasing the V3 version and what changes you are proberly going to make

i like this tatic the only thing i would like to see is a more defencesive role in midfield but also keeping it still as a flat 4-4-2?

cheers fuss great tatic icon14.gif

Archived