The FM11 Demo thread

Deisler26

Post in here how your demo is going.

Took over SC Beira-Mar in Liga Sagres and haven't done well at all.

Had no money, but got in some players on frees, including Jose Goncalves and Rabiu Ibrahim.

Haven't won yet in the league, but two draws against better opposition and a spirited 2-1 defeat to Sporting CP was progress. The rest were defeats.

This was the third goal in a 3-0 win in the Portuguese Cup.

Going great with Liverpool, won all 6 games so far only problem I have is how on earth is Ryan Babel an AMC? he's never played there in his life. He's a natural striker converted into a winger like Kuyt :/ Oh and Messi an AMC too? he cuts inside from the wing or gets utilized upfront-central not midfield :/ other than that game is top notch :).........(Gerrard's attributes have dropped tremendously, i know he had 1 poor season but that's no reason to annihilate the guy, his talents are still there, he started to shine again this year for England and is Liverpool's only performer).

Just playing about with Man United until the game comes out and I can start a long-term LLM save. So far I'm having fun but I'm starting to notice a bit too many 'clear-cut' chances going well wide. I wouldn't normally suggest it was anything but my own doing (tactics, creative freedom, luck etc) but it's borderline ridiculous at times with 7 or 8 one on ones missed per match.

Still, a good game and I'm about to begin my season against the Arsenal. (Lost the Community Shield 1-0 to the Chelsk :( )

Just started off as Hampton & Richmond, after a slow start we are 1st in the BSS by 1 point after 15 games but having played a game more than the teams around us. Also got through to the 1st round of the FA Cup where I will take on Altrincham.

Got a great scrappy 1-0 win at the Emirates and then whopped West Brom 5-2 there. One thing I appreciate about the new conversation-style interaction is that now I can turn around and give praise to a player for a particular match itself - e.g. Able to say to Antonio Valencia after a goal and two assists - Well done, keep that up son! :D

OH GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDD!! *angry face*

We let yet another lead slip. Two goals EXACTLY the same way. Up the wing, cross into the far post, opposition winger slides in to score. DESPITE ME HAVING HIM DOUBLE MARKED AFTER THE FIRST TIME!!!!

Winless streak at 10. Off target shots coming in at exactly double shots on target. Long shots being 90% of the problem.

Playing the game as Spurs, I just had a convincing away win over Barca in the ECC, 3-1 using a flat 4-4-2 I built for FM 10...

Someone could correct me, but during these FM years this should be the first time we can import tactics from previous versions of the game.

Or not?

Not sure exactly what you're saying there Higgins.

We've nearly always been able to import tactics from older FMs in previous versions. In fact, FM10 was the first time that we couldn't import tactics from a previous version, and that was due to the tactics creator as I understand it.

Uhmm...I think I have a really bad memory, :p of course you're right...it was just a problem related to the tactical wizard, however I've been surprised to see an outdated tactic work so well.

Lol yea true, but 5 games in the WC as an AMC vs. 5/6 years consistently for Barca on da wing (occasionally STC).....surely he should still be a winger :p

Is he natural at AM or as a winger?

I think a lot of Argentinians may argue that he should be a natural AMC. He's the classic enganche in their terms. Or a trequartista in European/Italian terminology.

The sort of player that is now being moved out to the wing in modern tactical terms - particularly European terms, anyway - to cut inside and attack the same space from a wide position.

I'm sure if you look at his position ratings, he'll be at least accomplished on the wing (if not natural) and up front too.

To those who have played the demo, have you noticed if it is now possible to view a players stat for goals scored with left foot/ right foot/ and head. Also goalscored inside and outside of the box?

But how....I can't...

however i liked the feature where i can praise a player after a really good performance...

Have Managed(sorry as a head coach) MUFC for 74 days; gaining continental reputation. Currently 5th in premier division(4 point behind leader Chelsea after 4 games), 2nd in reserve, 3rd in U18.

Drawn with Schalke, Benfica, Bursaspor in ECC... Crushed benfica 3-1, west ham 4-0, west brom 2-0... luck ran out with arsenal 1-1 and stoke 0-0, Community Shield started the cup kitty on penalty.

Preferably using 4-5-1(1 winger n 1 inside forward to assist target man), with 4-2-3-1deep and 4-4-2 with my own attacking modifications...

won 2 Friendly cup against Arsenal, Chelsea, OM, Schalke losing to Spur although. Tested the bench strength in rest of friendlies my asst. arranged.

12 reserve squad player on loan. Park and Gibson out for $8M each...

Brought Hamsik 27M, Neymar 28.5M, Sanchez 23M, Sissoko f 19 M, Lukaku 14m, Diego Renan 20M(total 132M)..... luckily all worked with a avg rating of 7+

i have now played the demo and think its brilliant in all fairness, I haven't noticed any bugs(probably cos im blind and not good at spotting them), I have finally switched to watching 3d for the 1st time and am impressed with the quality of the ME so far. It seems prices in the transfer market are realistic with some people signing Lukaku for less than £7million. I am United and signed Sanchez for £12million and rodwell for £9mil plus after 40 games £15mil (cheated cos i know he wont play that many games during demo) Selling players was a bit trickier but Miles did state this would be tricky in first season. Where i could sell park,Brown and a few others on fm10 i only had offers to loan with view to buy for these players. The conversations are good ive had one or two problems where players end up walking out before they say something they regret which made me laugh.This is probably down to bad management by me but hey im the boss. Ive also decided that i wont be converting to classic tactics as i usually do but i will create a tactic that i feel will work wonders depending on the players i possess. I like the fact while playing your match you can tell your players how you want it played for example. play to feet...hump it into box...play wide ETC...not sure if this was in FM10 as didnt use 3d so its new to me. Overall im pleased with the demo and look forward to the full version come 2 weeks

JonnyCurrie nice goal their with Nani

Currently tinkering with a tactics set with Man Utd and i've got him playing as an AMR with Advanced Playmaker Attack role settings and he's ripping teams to pieces at moment

he's beating opponents down the wing and getting good crosses in and he's also cutting in and scoring goals like in your clip plus dribbling through the defence and placing shots pass the keeper

in 8 games he's our topscorer with 5 goals

Decided to give the Demo a bash and have been pleasantly surprised with it. Reading comments about the conversation feature and the agents being irritating, i find that they are not. Anyway, started as Newcastle and started well. Only loaned Kakuta and Coleman in for just under 700k combined. No one out. Sit 5th in the premiership after 3 games, having just lost to Liverpool we sat first beating Blackburn and Birmingham comfortably. Xisco has been the cream of the crop scoring 5 in 4 games (all comps). We beat Sheff Weds to get through to the 3rd round of the League Cup.

Decided to give the Demo a bash and have been pleasantly surprised with it. Reading comments about the conversation feature and the agents being irritating, i find that they are not.

I was also dreading seeing these features, but I was also pleasantly surprised. I really like the conversations as they actually give you a decent chance of negotiation without taking ages.

Agents are not a bad thing I think they make negotiating easier. You can get someone demanding 90k a week down to 50k or 20k to 20k, really makes it lots easier with the agents around. I am not sure how accurate the fees are though.

Just finished my first demo run. Playing as RC Strasbourg in the French National. Not too bad in the end sitting in third and on course for automatic promotion. I could have done a lot better though, I managed the team to six losses and three draws in this half season, not good enough for a team that were outrageous favourites in pretty much every game we played and were expected to walk to the title.

Perhaps our slip-ups were understandable though, (if not forgivable) as you can imagine complacency was a big problem.

I've seen enough and just pre-purchased on Steam. Roll on the 5th!

| P21 | W12 | D3 | L6 |

Just started a save with Newcastle United. 5th after 9 games. Best win was a 4-2 victory over Liverpool (We were 4-0 up but let in two in the 91st and 92nd minute). I'm getting quite possible one of the easiest League Cup runs i've had. Barnsley (2-0) Doncaster (2-0) and QPR (2-0). I now have Tottenham at home. If only it worked out like that in the real world! (Accrington, Chelsea, Arsenal). Beat Sunderland 3-0 (3-0 up at h/t) and the fans already love me, it's not 5-1 though!

Archived