FM11 : Official Should I Buy/Sell Thread

batty1

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For future reference and to save anyone else asking if you can get Pjanic for £13.25m or whatever it is, do it. In fact anything up to £30m just do it and don't bother asking us. Its a yes. That is ridiculous pricing.

Buying:

Player Name: Liviu Ganea

Your Team: Hibernian

Seller: Dinamo Bucharest

Offer: £250K

Transfer/Wage Budget: £1M

Season: 1st Season (11.3.0 Patch)

or

Player Name: Lerato Chanbangu

Seller: Sundowns (South Africa)

Offer: £210K

Buying:

Player Name: Niki Mäenpää

Seller: Willem II

Offer: £400K

Selling:

Player Name: Michael Dawson

Your Team: Spurs

Buyer: Man City

Offer: £6.75M

Wouldn't bother unless you've got someone better lined up already on the cheap. Citeh could surely afford a better offer if they really want him.

Buying:

Player Name: Omer Toprak

Your Team: Udinese

Seller: Frieburg

Offer: £7mil over 4 yrs

Transfer/Wage Budget: Roughly £20mil

OR

Buying:

Player Name: Mario Fernandes

Seller: Gremio

Offer: £11mil over 4 yrs

OR

Buying:

Player Name: Giuseppe Belluschi

Seller: Catania

Offer: £3.7mil over 4 yrs

Thanks for any help.

Arda Turan or Eden Hazard?

First season with NUFC, both would cost about £17m. Either would be signed as first teamers for either the MR or ML positions (both are weak in my squad), and would be retrained to fit those positions. I play a 4-4-2 with a fluid short passing game set to "control", and rely on my wingers to provide some creativity/attacking threat (both of my central midfielders are set to defensive as I find this works well when attacking).

Player Name: Demba Ba

Your Team: West Ham

Buyer: Blackburn

Offer: £11.75M

Transfer/Wage Budget: £0

Season: 2nd Season (11.3.0 Patch)

Hey guys, I need to know to maximise the profit I can make on Demba Ba. I currently have an offer for him for £11.75M from Blackburn, non-negotiable. He wants to leave, I have players that can fill in for him, but I just want to know if that is a good price for him, and if I can possibly get more. Also I have two more league games for him to play before I have to fork out £3.4M in appearances.

On 11.3 patch, new game, so he was already there. Any help is appreciated.

edit: ended up negotiating and got £12M + £9M worth of clauses. I’m really happy with that.

Selling:

Player Name: Michael Dawson

Your Team: Spurs

Buyer: Man City

Offer: £6.75M

I wouldn't sell him. For monetary reasons there's little point, because if you don't rate him he's always a good back up. I play him however, he was a rock averaging 7.50 over 4 seasons. Rarely got under 7.00, and was generally just the top dude. £7mill is not enough either, considering City pay 25mill for the Lescott's of this world.

Player Name: Demba Ba

Your Team: West Ham

Buyer: Blackburn

Offer: £11.75M

Transfer/Wage Budget: £0

Hey guys, I need to know to maximise the profit I can make on Demba Ba. I currently have an offer for him for £11.75M from Blackburn, non-negotiable. He wants to leave, I have players that can fill in for him, but I just want to know if that is a good price for him, and if I can possibly get more. Also I have two more league games for him to play before I have to fork out £3.4M in appearances.

On 11.3 patch, new game, so he was already there. Any help is appreciated.

edit: ended up negotiating and got £12M + £9M worth of clauses. I’m really happy with that.

That's a great deal selling for that amount.

Buying:

Player Name: Ben Watson

Your Team: Crystal Palace

Seller: Wigan

Offer: £700k

Season: 2nd Season (11.3.0 Patch) Jan window

My first season in the BPL and I'm looking for an all round central midfielder (kind of like Lampard) to complement an aging Maresca and the attacking Jimenez

I can't afford anybody too pricey or on high wage, and Watson's stats are pretty ok all around but there seems to be nothing exceptional. Wigan was relegated so they might be looking to offload some players. Input from anybody who has any experience having him in the team would be appreciated

Buying:

Player Name: Ben Watson

Your Team: Crystal Palace

Seller: Wigan

Offer: £700k

Season: 2nd Season (11.3.0 Patch) Jan window

My first season in the BPL and I'm looking for an all round central midfielder (kind of like Lampard) to complement an aging Maresca and the attacking Jimenez

I can't afford anybody too pricey or on high wage, and Watson's stats are pretty ok all around but there seems to be nothing exceptional. Wigan was relegated so they might be looking to offload some players. Input from anybody who has any experience having him in the team would be appreciated

He made it into my England squad in 2013/14. Thats more an example of the dearth of talent than his own, but he was at Sunderland IIRC playing a lot and was one of the top 3 English mc's on avg rating for that season. He didn't embarass himself when he played internationally either. i think he'll do the job for you.

Selling:

Player Name: Nemanja Vidic

Your Team: Manchester United

Buyer: Real Madrid

Offer: £30.5mil

29 year old Vidic, soon to be 30 in a few months, 30.5mil is very tempting.

He made it into my England squad in 2013/14. Thats more an example of the dearth of talent than his own, but he was at Sunderland IIRC playing a lot and was one of the top 3 English mc's on avg rating for that season. He didn't embarass himself when he played internationally either. i think he'll do the job for you.

thanks for the info edgar, I'm just gonna sign him for 2 reasons: decent stats for the price (bang for the buck? hopefully) and him being English. 700k may seem peanuts for a big club but it's definitely not a small sum for my Crystal Palace (considering that all my signings have been free transfers, Bosman rulings and loanees)

Selling:

Player Name: Marco Motta

Buyer: A.C Milan

Offer: £9mil

He's just returned from loan, I have Van Der Wiel as RB for the 1st season but both of these have high wage (around 40k) so i need to get rid of 1 or the other. Not sure how much i could get for VDW though.

Buying - either Miralem Pjanic or Eden Hazard

My team - Chelsea

Selling team - Lyon/Lille

Offer - Around £13m (Pjanic) and around £17m (Hazard) over 48 months

Start of the game

This season I'll generally be varying between a 4-4-2 narrow diamond and a counter-attacking 4-3-3, and I have Malouda, Benayoun, Anelka, Zhirkov and possible Anelka that can play in the attacking midfield. The person would need to be a possible first choice for attacking midfield in the diamond, but also provide competition/cover on the wings and in central midfield.

Selling:

Player Name: Marco Motta

Offer: £9mil

He's just returned from loan, I have Van Der Wiel as RB for the 1st season but both of these have high wage (around 40k) so i need to get rid of 1 or the other. Not sure how much i could get for VDW though.

Who do you have at left back, could Motta play there istead?

If your left back is better though, I'd say sell, Udinese is a small club for high wages like that, and VdW is the better player.

Who do you have at left back, could Motta play there istead?

If your left back is better though, I'd say sell, Udinese is a small club for high wages like that, and VdW is the better player.

Thanks, need to lower wage so will sell Motta, Udinese had roughly 30 players out on loan and 90% rejoined at the end of the season which really screwed up my wage budgets ( was 75k under budget then shot upto 300k!! over from retrning loanees).

Thanks, need to lower wage so will sell Motta, Udinese had roughly 30 players out on loan and 90% rejoined at the end of the season which really screwed up my wage budgets ( was 75k under budget then shot upto 300k!! over from retrning loanees).

Yeah I had the same thing with them in FM10, it wouldn't be so bad if more than a couple of them were actually good enough for the club haha.

Yeah I had the same thing with them in FM10, it wouldn't be so bad if more than a couple of them were actually good enough for the club haha.

Very true, Pepe and Motta only half decent ones and they on 100k between them.

It well and truely screwed my finances up. Went from getting 100% of transfer revenue to just 10% and now Madrid want Sissoko for £20mil so i either sell him, and only get 5mil of it to spend, or give him a new contract of 70-80k. :(

Is either Mo Diame or N'Zonzi high enough standard for a title chasing side in the Prem? Both gettable for under £10millz, cheapish wages.

N'Zonzi is very good, so I'd say so yeah. Diame doesn't look as good, but is still decent.

Selling:

Player Name: Gokhan Inler

Buyer: Man Utd.

Offer: £12mil

Na don't sell, he's a really good player and £12m isn't really enough. Ask for £18m or so and maybe.

Selling:

Player Name: Gokhan Inler

Buyer: Man Utd.

Offer: £12mil

Ask for more.

Is either Mo Diame or N'Zonzi high enough standard for a title chasing side in the Prem? Both gettable for under £10millz, cheapish wages.

N'Zonzi yep.

Buying:

Player Name: Carlton Cole

Your Team: Stoke

Seller: West Ham

Offer: £8.5m

Season: January 1st Season (11.3.0 Patch)

OR

Buying:

Player Name: Yaya Sanogo

Seller: Auxerre

Offer: £6m

Can Sanogo perform straight away?

Buying:

OR

Buying:

Never has for me. But then nor has Cole. I have seen others get goals out of Sanogo quickly though so maybe.

Selling:

Player Name: Nani

Your Team:Man Utd

Buyer: Real Madrid / Barcelona

Offer: £19mil / £22 mil

Season: 02/01/2016

nani has been consistantly good but should i sell him at that price? would let youngsters come through though

Buying:

OR

Buying:

I take it you mean you're buying Yaya off Milan? Personally i would take Sanogo and develop him, because i'm not sure Cole is going to do anything that Jones won't. And £8m is alot of money for Stoke to spend on a Carlton Cole.

That said, Sanogo has very poor teamwork/workrate.....and he's injured still isn't he? Immediate impact is by no means likely, imo.

Selling:

Player Name: Nani

Your Team:Man Utd

Buyer: Real Madrid / Barcelona

Offer: £19mil / £22 mil

Season: 02/01/2016

nani has been consistantly good but should i sell him at that price? would let youngsters come through though

He must very late 20's by now, so i would say 22mill is a very good deal. Won't get more for him i shouldn't think

Never has for me. But then nor has Cole. I have seen others get goals out of Sanogo quickly though so maybe.
I take it you mean you're buying Yaya off Milan? Personally i would take Sanogo and develop him, because i'm not sure Cole is going to do anything that Jones won't. And £8m is alot of money for Stoke to spend on a Carlton Cole.

That said, Sanogo has very poor teamwork/workrate.....and he's injured still isn't he? Immediate impact is by no means likely, imo.

Cheers guys, I went for Cole as I needed a striker to go straight in to my first team.

I meant to put Auxerre not AC Milan.

Buying

Player Name: Benedict Howedes

Your Team: Arsenal

Buyer/Seller: Schalke

Player's Value: £3m ish

Offer: £9.75m

Transfer Budget: £51m

Patch: Latest

Season: January 1st Season.

My board has just informed me that they are increasing my budget to £51m in time for the Jan window

I have a lot of centre backs but Im not sure that they are that great tbh - Vermaelen, Koscielny, Squilacci, Djourou, Jones

My first choices are Vermalen and Koscielny - (Vermaelen has been injured a lot though)

I signed Phil Jones in the summer for £15m but he isnt ready.

Ideally for the next few seasons I want to keep Vermaelen, Jones, Howedes (if signed), Koscielny

I did a search based on attributes like, tackling, marking, heading, concentration and filtered out unrealristic signings and howedes was the best value.

Is there any one else i should check out?

Archived