Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' ideas in here.

My wish is that FM08 has seriously worked on the Board. Clubs must have goals and targets (not sure what the specific terms in english is), most clubs have a target for the current season (sort of like you have now) AND! a longer term goal to lets say get to the Premiership.

This is very important, lets make up an example. You have a team in a lower division, their finances are good. The board decides that they want to try to make it to the premiership. This affects how they think about things, they will try to get a manger that will build the team with the future in mind.

Take that AI experiment team The Bandits, their board would absolutely decide to try to make it to the Premiership with their Riches and they would've hired their manager with that in mind and made sure that he actually made use of their enormous budget. My guess is also that they would be able to attract players who normaly wouldn't play for them since some players notice that the club is serious about reaching the higher divisions.

My idea is rough i know and it needs alot of work, but if done correctly i seriously think it would add another level to the game.

Also i want the Youthteams to play in real youth-leagues like the do in real life, it would be an awesome aspect of the game if it really meant something when your youthteam actually won their league (like in real life)

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A feature i would also like to se in FM08 is more media comments about referees and officials. I know you can complain about officials if there is alledged controversy but i often find after the game that i am disgusted with the referees performance and there is no way i can complain. Would be nice to have an previous referee comment like the previos manager opponent comment.

Possible new feature could be in game tactics.

Although we have the easy set up of quick tactics, i think it should be adapted.

Real Life situation of what i am talking about.

In a match you will see the manager standing shouting orders to players to do things, "move up", "tighter marking", "all out attack" that sort of thing.

so in the game, we could adapt the quick tactic section like thus.

on the panel at the bottom left in every game, have a menu which loads out and has orders that you can say to players or really would work easier as the team as a whole.

the game engine simulates this information and tweaks the main tactic for what you have asked the players to do.

in order to bring the tactic back to its original state, have an option to cancel orders, the tactic will then go back to its original state.

Maybe for Manager wages, there could be an extra option like an FM shop like in pro-evo. You save up your wages, maybe a cumulative total from all your saves etc, and you can buy extra tournaments from the past.

These tournaments wouldn't affect your save game and you'd have to start a new game to play them but it would be a nice little add on. Managers who prefer starting in the lower leagues usually play with the intent of a longer challenge anyway, so they wouldn't mind maybe working for longer to get enough wages to buy a tournament.

Possibly in the extra's you could have a set aim like

Make England win the world cup in 66

In January make Newcastle win the Premiership when Keegan fluffed it up (cant remember the actual year.)

Taking Greece to win Euro 2004 etc etc

Would be a nice little extra and give Manager wages some point to them rather then for ego.

I'd like to see some sort of tactics advisor. Sometimes when handling a big squad, swapping players in and out etc, I forget to change player instructions or check their abilities. Just something where you could click a button to have your advisor run through everything, and point out any discrepancies. For example(this is just basic, could be more sugar coated/mainstream):

- Cristiano Ronaldo is set on long shots often, but he only has a 10 in long shots.

- Paul Scholes is set to only do short passes, however he has "Tries Long Range Passes" in his preferred moves.

Originally posted by TB36:

A feature i would also like to se in FM08 is more media comments about referees and officials. I know you can complain about officials if there is alledged controversy but i often find after the game that i am disgusted with the referees performance and there is no way i can complain. Would be nice to have an previous referee comment like the previos manager opponent comment.

i wud also like to see this. could act just like mourinho

Originally posted by james_banyard:

Maybe for Manager wages, there could be an extra option like an FM shop like in pro-evo. You save up your wages, maybe a cumulative total from all your saves etc, and you can buy extra tournaments from the past.

These tournaments wouldn't affect your save game and you'd have to start a new game to play them but it would be a nice little add on. Managers who prefer starting in the lower leagues usually play with the intent of a longer challenge anyway, so they wouldn't mind maybe working for longer to get enough wages to buy a tournament.

In January make Newcastle win the Premiership when Keegan fluffed it up (cant remember the actual year.)

Would be a nice little extra and give Manager wages some point to them rather then for ego.

This is actualy the worst idea i've ever seen on this forum...

I'm extremely happy that you dont work for FM because that would be the end of FM being the best game ever... would have been an average game like the other manager games around ugh

nothing personal by the way

Originally posted by horesataniræva:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by james_banyard:

I'm extremely happy that you dont work for FM because that would be the end of FM being the best game ever... would have been an average game like the other manager games around ugh

nothing personal by the way </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It would make it more entertaining than the boring thing they have out now.

Just looking at some of the ideas people come up with.

TARGETS?

Who caresabout that, its crap. It'll be fun for about a week, then you realise it slows your game right down, and makes it even more boring.

Originally posted by TB36:

Why would a manager hire a commercial director. Chairmen or directors would do that.

Well then your Chief Exec or chairman could perform it, either way i like the general idea that was brought up. icon_rolleyes.gif

dont know if they've been said before but:

Revamped transfer system based much more on CA and Form then PA

Manager Money. I realise you earm wages now but so you can negotiate bonuses and see how much money you have earned during your managerial career

I would love to see more done with youth academies and the intake. Perhaps you could be presented a list of, say, 15 youngsters with a scouting report from a coach or scout and you decide who gets the scholarship.

And the obvious improvement of the assman.

Getting a weekly physio report on injured players progress and possible recommendations would be great. They could advise on how to avoid future injuries due to training regimes or how long to keep the player on the pitch after coming back from injury, fatigue or international duty.

I would like to see more interaction with the coaching staff. Most players i take on trail get a general "He's a good player and I recommend that we sign him if possible etc". Then when i go to offer the contract the Ass man has changed his mind and says it isn't worthwhile icon_confused.gif I would much prefer a bit of depth to the player like how he’s done in training, who he can be compared to in the current squad and how he’d fit into the squad etc.

More options in the feeder clubs are needed. I would like to recommend perhaps where we look or what standard teams we link with. The board could totally ignore me and still go for their random teams from the far reaches of the world, but I would like to know I’ve had some imput.

Many have said team talks. More options for the kick off team talk would be great. Options like “Come on lads, let’s get out there and prove the critics wrong†used after a manager or someone has given us a pasting in the press. More options especially talks with more heart than “wish the players good luckâ€.

I would also love to see kit changes. Now I know it may be a bit hard for the AI to generate random new kits for every team each year. Including the fact of sponsors and badge location etc, but I would love to see it. A method of sticking to traditional colours and patterns could be implemented. It's purely for eye candy, but i do get bored of seeing 06/07's kit in 2012.

I like the idea.

Replayability would be much bigger. icon14.gif

I'd like to see more emphasis on the captaincy. In the game currently, captains play a small, on-field role, where in the real world they are much more public figures. I'd like to be able to select a club captain around the same time that squad numbers are set for the season, and to see a comment from the player that started the game with the armband after every match, alongside the media report.

I would like to see more of a clarification on how goals are scored in a player. By just looking at goals scored, it just doesnt tell you enough. More info like, goals from volley, chip, header, long range, one on one, and bicicyle kick. With a player that has heading 20, you want to know is he scoring with his head. Even the commentary does not mention whether the goal was headed or not. So more info would be appreciated for goals.

1> better interaction when it comes to selecting feeder clubs. ie being able to tell the board which your preferences would be; merchandising, w/p's etc...

2> being able to abuse the ref after the game no matter what.. i belive this is now known as "doing a mourinho" lol

3> if its workable, the live score facility (latest scores/goal updates) to actually work live. nothin more frustrating than on the last day of the season knowing you have to win by a certain amount of goals to achieve your target, and getting it, only to see the results come through at the end of the game and ya god done by a last minute own goal so yer in the championship. irl you can find the scores out, and i sincerely hope this could be introduced into '08...

The option to send the Assistant Manager out and find a friendly on a certain date with different objectives.

A friendly that will up your players fitness levels, a friendly that will bring in a lot of money, a friendly that will see you establish a second base somewhere else, say Asia, etc...

Don't know if this has been posted before but here it goes:

More realistic transfer values- How can Real Madrid ask for 80,000,000 pounds for Sergio Ramos or Roma ask 45,000,000 for Chivu if in real life they'd settle for 15,000,000?

Lee computer cheating- Porto accepted (in the game) 5 million for quaresma then I offered 8,5 million and they refused. Most clubs accept very low fees for their players from other managers controlled by the PC but from the player sometimes they push it real hard.

I've mentioned it here before but i never got any feedback on whether you people liked it or thought it was horrible so here i go again.

I would like there to be a staffingrole called "Youth Manger" that basicly would take care of the youth team. Right now you can have a coach do this but usually a team hires someone to do this (if they are serious about their youthteam it's usually a manager not just regular coach). Also if you have a good Youth Manager your youthsystem would be affected by this in some way.

What do you people think?

I would like the option of being able to manage a team in a Sunday League or something similar.

Perhaps implementation of local U-18 competitions to scout new talent? I know this will take a lot of time and effort but I could probably contribute some for a few local tournaments in my country at that level.

1. Team transfer history - u can look back over the years that you havent played to find players. eg you cant remember a players name yet you know he was released from say man u in the late 90's so u would be able to select the year and it would give the clubs transfer history.

2. My favourite personel / least favourite. So i can select ppl at start of the game which would have an impact. and then if i built up a rivalry with a manager or club over a period of time during the game i should be able to add them to my list etc.

3. Press conferences. After a game, maybe a new signing or transfer speculation. and not just 1 question, a variety of different questions. Maybe build up relationships with the press. eg who i will talk to or not talk to. Also be able to push a player to be picked for the national side & comment on your own player performances for there country.

4. Buy a youngster & then loan him back to the club

5. Agents - they run the footballing world now.

6. Captains press confrences

Just a couple things i'd like to see changed:

A total revamp of the transfer system. I find it far to difficult to sell my players however good they are and for whatever price. eg. I'm trying to sell my striker valued at 5M i offer him for 4M no one interested i keep going down until im even willing to offer him for free just to reduce the wage bill and STUILL no one is interested.

I've also noticed that when you are promoted to the premmiership there seem to be no financial bonuses. The playoff winners IRL get a package of around 25M while on the game you got absoloutely nothing!

New request that is more than likely original to that you usually see.

I have built my own tactic, it consists of a home and away version, many users over forums have stated they use it and try it out.

what i think would be a possible idea is to be able to set tactics.

what i mean by this, and it relates o fixtures, instead of constantly having to go in, change tactics for games, you could have a tactic menu.

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>

<LI>All Games

<LI>Home Games

<LI>Away Games

Each menu you are able to set which tactic you would wish to use for specific games, of course the all games feature to make it simple for many people just to use the same tactic over but there for players who vary play cause away games are generally harder.

Ok Like the ideas coming from the thread ....... well most of them.... but heres one i not seen I would like implemented.

Might be a bit of an ego on me but I want a little circle on the bench to represent ME. Maybe a circle with M in it representing manager. Then when i make changes can move to the edge of pitch with the substitute as if giving his orders. If i make quick orders would like to see my captain come to side of pitch to speak to me at next break of play. I know its just a little thing but hate im not implemented in the match engine seeing as I'm the most important. icon_wink.gif

This is probably way too late.. but.

Training System

I find that the training system is lacking. The sliders in the game give you no real indication on training at all, also you never really know how the training sessions went, if a youngster is training well, looking awkwardly for his "position". There are plenty of players out there who play in the wrong position as youths. I'd like some kind of indication from the assistant manager exactly how each and every one trained. Especially youths. "Guiseppe Rossi trained exceptionaly well and is showing great promise in the forward position, He's developed his shooting quite well and could possibly focus more on pace, as this is a lacking attribute." Of course the better the assitant Manager the better reports you get. But I would really like more information on how my players perform in training. The current Did well did poor is not enough in my opinion. Especially not for youngsters.

I would also like to point out that even though most clubs train together and in specific groups. Each player has his own "scheduel" and specific areas he should improve. In the current game you can't have training groups AND individual training, you can only have one. Which is slightly frustrating. As a rooney would not need the same kind of training as Huntelaar and Saha, I believe it should be possible to assign indivudal training in addition to the group training.

Player Problems and Team Chemistry

Also in real life managers have to deal with a players problems. Some manager tell their players to get over it, and practice a disiplinary line, but some managers tend to "help" their players. I'm not sure how it would be included, nor if it should. But I just think that player involvement is lacking. A manager is responsible for his players, and needs to help them through the rough patches, be it personal problems or problems on the pitch. "It seems Rooney and your new siging Nani isn't getting along too well. It could be smart to find out what is bothering them" basicaly with problems within the squad, a squad can't function. Team Chemistry is very important and could make the difference from fourth place to champions. Who you choose to talk to will eventually lead to more problems or a resolve, based on the proffesionality of the player and his influence in the squad. Chosing to take the less influental players side might cause the other team members to respect him more.

Youth Development

Youth Team development, it is one of the most important aspects of football today. Even though forgotten by the media and ignored by many, this is where the talents come through. The possibility to have a proper youth academy, with reports, match results, training reports, development stats (monthly, "this player had developed well in this and this area but are struggeling to keep up with this and this") and "talent scouting", scouts who are specificaly used hired to find young talent in youth devisions and such, would be great. Possibility to see the youth matches without managing them. This could help you determine what kind of youngsters you should be looking for and if you should go ahead and buy a new player or wait for the young one to prove first team worthy. The same "individual" training with youths, but with even more detailed reports on their progress, current ability, current proffesionality ("We consider Tommy Hinchly to be a model proffesional") expected growth curve, positional ability and relationship with different coaches. A youth player needs a "main coach" who can help him with personal problems and encouragement, someone who's "responsible" for his growth as a player. If the youth dislikes this person, he will most likely never give it his all and never develop into a star player. Of course the manager does not need to know about these problems, so theres no reason to code that into it, and the relationship could be random. However I do believe nationality, personality and area of expertise should come to play into this. A player with roughly the same personality as another player is more likely to get along than someone with complete different personalities. Also, when it comes to the whole learn from player part, I believe you should have some sort of indication of who on your squad the youth is similar to, it would help a great deal in making good matches and I would also think that not only the young player learns from this experience, but also the older player. May it be sportsmanship, technique or flair. A young talented player who train with you often will always cause the older player to feel a sense of responsibility and often sparks life back to his passion. If not technically, a young player would help the older player mentally and personality.

Post-Penalty Situations

When it comes to penalty situations. There is no way we can see if the player dived or not. Of course as a manager you're supposed to see this. But since we only see Dots, I really can't figure out how we'd see if a player dived or was tackled. Is there anyway you could have someone or something tell you if it really was a penalty or not. And if you do say you believe the player dived, the player will lose some faith in you if unproffesional, or get his act together if he is proffesional. Instead of the FA becoming angry with your answers regarding penalties you should make it affect the player. And make it so that we know with 70-99% certainty if it was a penalty or not.

The Thing That Annoys me 90% of the time

One last comment about one of the match comments

"The Team couldn't have dreamt of a worse start" You don't dream of bad starts you dread them. It doesn't make sense to dream about horrible starts of a match and frustrates me.. I might be the only one annoyed by this, but yeah... seriously annoys me. Don't know why..

The Thing That Annoys me 90% of the time

One last comment about one of the match comments

"The Team couldn't have dreamt of a worse start" You don't dream of bad starts you dread them. It doesn't make sense to dream about horrible starts of a match and frustrates me.. I might be the only one annoyed by this, but yeah... seriously annoys me. Don't know why..

You are interpreting "dream" to mean something like "hoping" and that is not what it means in the game. A dream does not have to be a good thing it can also be bad as it is simply anything you imagine whilst you sleep. This sort of line is used IRL all the time and is just another way of saying "you could not imagine that happening.

There are frustrating commentary lines in the game though. For example, "he put the ball into row z" when in fact it has struggled to even roll over the line.

Training system

Posibility to play practice matches in 2D mode (i.e. your 1st team vs. your 2nd. one, or mixed formations). Also, imagine that the ass man set the 2nd team tactics from the information given by the "next oposition" scout reports. You could have the posibility to test which is the most suitable approach, what works best and what doesn´t, etc.

Next oposition reports

Majorly improved reports. More detailed streghts and weaknesses, ways of play, preferred moves, strategies (i.e. "Rafa Benitez uses to go on a very defensive style once his team make a goal" or "their fullbacks close down high up the pitch, so we could play through balls on their backs to take advantage of this" or "A siginificative percent of their goals come from long shots, so our midfielders would have to close down heavily").

2D slider system tutorial

The sliders in acion. I don´t want to play 100 matches on full mode to see the diference between 1,3,5,9,15 defensive line, or mentality or whatever. This can be easily solved with a graphic tutorial (I don´t expect a walkthrough at all) but take mentality for example:

-A short 2D clip showing the difference between certain player set at 3 different mentalities or forward runs or close down, etc.) and their behaviour.

- Managers should be able to give contracts

with options for extension (eg. extra year if player plays more than 20 matches) as this is often used i real life but isn't in the game.

- Regens should have more favored personel: maybe someone they look up to in the senior squad or one of their mates from the youth team

- Spanish teams should have U18 teams (Juvenil A and B) as well as B + C teams

- More players released by clubs should drop down the divisions instead of just retiring as you'd never see old professionals or ex premiership youth players dropping down to Conference North/South on the game whilst it happens in real life.

- Managers of high profile clubs should get more players offered to them by agents as this happens in real life and managers should be able to control agents fees like in real life.

quote:

nothing personal by the way

That is why I suggested this to be an optional extra. I find after 15 seasons or so the game gets a little repetitive, and usually by this time outdated as players in real life will have moved on. If after so long you wanted to start again with a shorter challenge then you could use it, if you didn't then you dont have to. I just thought it would make a nice little extra that could add a slightly different area for those who are just looking for a quick fix without having to get involved in the whole squad building side of the game.

Small time-saving request:

I'd like the settings I have from one game to be transferred easily into a new one the way that new game settings are.

Saved tactic lists, training schedules and (possibly) if using the same database as last time - shortlists. Its pedantic but I've found that the current one at a time importation takes far longer than it should.

Too late for the new game but i'll throw it in here anyway...

I'm sure we have all experienced times when your player has 12 or 24 months left on his contract but he refuses to open talks with you for a new one because he wants to explore every option open to him before committing to the club.

You keep offering him new contracts and keep getting the same response, so your left pondering whether to wait in case he changes his mind and risk losing him for nothing or sell him there and then.

I think as manager you should be able to take a stronger stance with players in two minds in such matters. Tell player X that the offer for a new contract is there but will be withdrawn at whatever date (left to managers discretion). After this time you may decide to sell him on while he is still worth something.

This can have 2 effects,

1) He decides to stay on with the club and open negotiations or

2) He may frown upon the fact you are rushing him into such decisions and decide to leave or see out the remainder of his contract and your left getting nothing for him.

Obviously more consequences could be added to this but what do you think of the general idea?

I think it would be a good idea to improve the manager's influence in the board when the manager is serving a long time or when he is world class. Or maby make it possible to buy a club. The manager should earn more money with bonuses for winning the leage or a cup.

That would make fm more a carreer game without losing any football element.

Thanks for reading!

Originally posted by Rubendl:

I think it would be a good idea to improve the manager's influence in the board when the manager is serving a long time or when he is world class. Or maby make it possible to buy a club. The manager should earn more money with bonuses for winning the leage or a cup.

That would make fm more a carreer game without losing any football element.

Thanks for reading!

More influence with the board is not too bad of an idea, you should not become a memeber of the board though and you should certainly not buy a club. I would be willing to bet a lot of money that buying a club is never part of FM, it belongs in one of the gimmicky management games instead.

you have to sort the finance area out. needs big overhaul, and get rid of the "other" in expenditure, i average income of 4mill per month and outgoing is approx 3.7mill per month (of that 2 mill plus is "other".

Needs sorting SI, been everybodys gripe over the last two games now.

I see there's a new "advisor" system. I hope it allows me to shut off parts of the game.

Personally, I hate tweaking training. What I want is to hire a good tactician as assistant coach and let him worry about sliders and five-a-sides and customized training schedules and maximizing little arrows and stuff. In other super complicated games this kind of thing is called "micromanaging" and most of the best games let you bypass it at will (thinking specifically of the Civ series "city managers".)

Other players may want to automate scouting (I'd love to have scouts tell me they're bored to tears because I forgot to assign them a new task in the middle of a crisis elsewhere at the club), or transfers or what have you. If you want to do all these things in the minute details, great. But if you want to automate big chunks of the game and run through season after season buying and selling players and little else, the game should allow that.

Reading the boards, some players clearly live for tweaking the in-game tactics; some players clearly want to put their foot through the monitor out of frustration. Why force everybody to master and agonize through every aspect of the game?

It's not like they'd have to write reams of code to simulate these roles; it's what the computer does for every team but yours.

That, more than anything one other thing, would put this game into the stratosphere of simulations.

Regarding the "Touted as the next" and "Dubbed the new" I think it would be a good idea if you could click that name/player and read up on what was his strengths and what was his weaknesses during his career. This could help you out developing your own player as well as playing him in the right position, giving him the right mentality as well as instructions.

Archived