Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' ideas in here.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, apologies if these have already been mentioned, evaluated or included but these are my thoughts on what should be included in the next instalment after the very good FM07.

1. Milestone Matches: A player may be about to play the last game of his career, or break a club games record. Surely there should be a way to get the team to lift for the occasion. Maybe you could get a message 5 days prior to the game, and there could be options to have rival players (opponents over the players career) talk to your team about the player, or tell them to win it for that player. Could also involve telling the team to play like that player ie. If the player was a hard at it player maybe the whole team will try to play more in that style.

2. Match Day Squads: For away games (and even home games) you have to select a squad of your chosen size to prepare for the game and be considered for selection. Only those selected in this squad can be played as it is impossible to get a player to be picked on the day of the match when you're playing in a different city, country or even continent. The match squad becomes tighter, and maybe certain players get to know each other better (eg.room-mates). Young players could be put in the squad as a learning curve, maybe 2 or 3 times a season so that the transition to senior football is easier and they understand the dynamics of the team better.

I would also have an option to choose when this match day squad travels to the location. eg. For games within 100km the morning prior. Within 500km the day prior. In excess of 500km two days prior etc. You can change these around at will and they affect the team’s condition for the match. Could open up a further role for the first team coach who may be in charge of ensuring the match day squad is prepared with run down sessions on the away pitch etc.

3.Neutral Locations: You should be able to schedule friendlies at neutral grounds. This would mean small clubs playing massive feeder teams could play at a bigger ground to get more gate receipts, or an international team (i.e. Australia) could play a friendly in London as it is easier to get to for many of their international players and therefore club managers would be more encouraging to let them play and it would mean they would be in a better condition.

4. Press Conference: Hard to implement without being repetitive, but maybe some short sharp questions such as; "were you happy with the result", "which players do you feel played well", "which players disappointed" etc. maybe 5 or 6 standard questions which can be easily ticked off.

Maybe you can also call press conferences at random times to let the media know where you see the team heading, analyse the current form, look at different players etc. This could also affect your relationship with fans, a more transparent manager would be preferable for many while others would prefer the manager delegate the job to a spokesperson or coach.

5. Media Bans: Players can be banned from talking to the media. Some won’t react well to this but maybe it will impress others showing discipline.

6. Buy then Loan: Buy the player but as part of the purchase agree to loan the player back to the club for x amount of time.

7. Reserves Specifications: Instruct the reserves coach to play certain players a certain amount of time or to try different players in certain positions. Means more control over the reserves and means first team players don’t get played off the wings when they are a striker for the ones.

8. International Friendlies: Can be schedules at any time, meaning the job is more interesting. However, when they are not scheduled on International Dates the players available may decline due to managers not being willing to give them up for a friendly at that time.

9. Reserve or Youth Manager: Manage the reserves or youth team at various clubs. Means you get a career path to work through and can also form relationships with certain players. May be asked to step up to be a caretaker manager. Could be a good way for new players to get more into the tactics and match day side of the game as there aren’t finances or staff to worry about.

10. Changeable Stadiums: Melbourne Victory this year have had remarkable attendances, with their stadium Olympic Park being too small for many games at just 18000 seats. So they moved many of their games to Telstra Dome, with a capacity of 55,000 people enabling them to make much more money than they would at Olympic Park. Why not has this option in the game? It would be optional so if you wish to remain at the clubs spiritual home it would be fine, but you could move to encourage a higher crowd, more support and this may lead to more memberships and the like as fans are going to have a greater chance of getting seats to more games.

11. Bonding Camp: Similar to match day squads, take a group of players away for a bonding camp where they may do extra training together, or have a relaxing weekend. This could be good for the start of the season to better introduce new players, or to create a tighter unit eg. Have your defenders spend a weekend together to get to know each other better and thus work better as a unit. This may mean they help each other out of form slumps.

12. Open Day: Be able to host a big family day where fans can meet the players, play some games and get a better feel for the club. You would be able to address them and it may see an increase in membership and merchandise sales, as well as players liking the club more. If you do them more often you may become a fan favourite club and have more young players want to play for you as they have grown up attending these family days.

13. Jumper Numbers: Some jumpers have a certain standing about them and thus you may offer them only to players who are worthy. For example, maybe #6 is an important number at your club and by assigning the number to a player you are honouring him whilst also putting pressure on him to perform. Some players may react negatively to this but others may thrive under it. Could also be a nice touch for retiring players to declare they want John Doe to take over their number because they feel he will become a great player for the club, or he reminds them of himself, or they have a great bond with that player. Then that player may accept or refuse the request.

14. Warm Up Program: Prior to a match you can set up how the team warms up. Eg. You may warm up for a considerable time before the game so that you start the game really well but this might mean you taper off at the end. You could also warm up conservatively so that while your start may be slow your peak in the middle and run the game out better.

15. Substitutions: You can give players reasons for being taken off as well as being able to tell the players coming on what you want them to do.

16. Ass Man: Gives tips on various things to help you out (and so that he is useful). For example he may tell you what players he rates or what formations you should play, where a player should play and at what level.

17. Youth Director: You can hire a youth director to take care of youth coming through. The Better the director the better the youth, an they affect the quality of the youth program and the direction. You could also get them to look at developing certain types of players i.e. Midfielders or you may need replacements for a right back and a striker in 5 years so they should look to develop players in these positions more.

18. Other team awards: Give out more team awards. A best and fairest for each of seniors, reserves and u18’s, a most promising player award for each level. Best team man award (affects cohesion with other players) and for the reserves and u18’s maybe an award for “most likely to play seniors†as well as a most improved for the club as a whole. You should also be allowed to give out up to 2 encouragement awards to players who you think could become really good players for the club which would show these players that the manager rates them and thinks they can really become good players. Maybe a match day award for the most professional on match day, this would mean other players look up to this player and try to adopt his mental attributes a bit more.

19. Sledging: Be able to try and sledge an opponent to put him off his game. Could also provoke already yellow-carded players to turn it into a red. Some players may react positively to the sledging though, or the referee might catch you out.

20. International Scouts: Be able to employ international scouts who look for players to perform at international level. Your coach’s and ass man could help out, meaning who have a better knowledge of who is available, and what roles they could play for you.

Also have a core group (10-15) of players that you can check list for internationals. This means that you don’t accidentally leave someone of important stature out because they were injured the last time you selected the squad.

21. Internal Scouting: Have the ability to get in depth reports on your own players, highlighting areas that need to be improved, areas that are strong and the players potential.

22. Set Tactics: Have set tactics that are trained into the players so that they can be easily implemented in the match without confusion. The more you practice them the better your team is at them. Also have set plays for corners, free kicks etc.

23. Leadership: Have the Captain stand for something. He may be a quiet captain who lets his actions do the talking, or maybe he talks up the side and creates controversy. He would interact with you more and the media and fans would comment on his suitability as captain.

I would also tie a leadership group in with this. This would involve you selecting up to 6 players (including the captain) to be the leaders of the club and represent the players. These players would meet with you at the start of each season to discuss certain club standards that they would help communicate to the squad, such as squad discipline (punishments for red cards/missing training). If the leadership group is a good unit they may bring the whole team together, and they don’t necessarily all have to be first team players. You may put an experienced reserves player in there as a wise head or prospective coach, or a young player who is breaking into the senior side to increase his leadership skills. This may have a negative affect in putting too much pressure on some players or overworking them but it could help others and create a stronger side. The leadership group could also be called upon to rally the troops or sort out team issues.

im guessing these have probably all been mentioned before but i cant be bothered to read thru 20 odd pages to find out:

1) ai bias, im fed up of going 2 nil up away from home and losing 3-2. no matter what i change my tactics to

2) placing combined bids for players from the same club, ie, offering £50m for ronalodo and rooney, rather than bidding £30m seperatley

3) when buying a player having the ability to offer players on loan instead of permanent deals

4) having your star striker, when 1 on 1 with the keeper, heading for the corner flag

5) when you score the opposition goes STRAIGHT down the other and scores, or vice versa. yes i know it happens in real life but not 15 times a season

6) better player interaction. if a player becomes unsettled or concerned then you should have the ability to defuse the situation

7) more detailed youth set-up

i could write a million more but these will do for the time being

Originally posted by Quinten:

I'm sorry If it isn't appropriate because i know it's 'not don' to discuss the competition but i just found this out and i had to share.

http://www.championshipmanager.co.uk/prozone.php

The ProZone analysis looks wicked and is the only thing , imo , that FM is lacking.

I love FM and i followed them since cm4 i guess but when 'the other guys' implement a good idea you just have to acknowledge.

It looks great and could be the answer to the tactical difficulties most of us are facing.

I'm not saying that SI should blindly copy this feature but a good feedback-system on tactics is much needed.

Anyway , now bash me if you want.

i like it and i think that SI SHOULD blindly copy it... if they can. prozone is software used by managers in real life to analyze player stats. if i'm not mistaken they have some licensing agreement with the *other* company. so great idea, but they may not be able to do it, not exactly anyway.

Originally posted by zeusbheld:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Quinten:

I'm sorry If it isn't appropriate because i know it's 'not don' to discuss the competition but i just found this out and i had to share.

http://www.championshipmanager.co.uk/prozone.php

The ProZone analysis looks wicked and is the only thing , imo , that FM is lacking.

I love FM and i followed them since cm4 i guess but when 'the other guys' implement a good idea you just have to acknowledge.

It looks great and could be the answer to the tactical difficulties most of us are facing.

I'm not saying that SI should blindly copy this feature but a good feedback-system on tactics is much needed.

Anyway , now bash me if you want.

i like it and i think that SI SHOULD blindly copy it... if they can. prozone is software used by managers in real life to analyze player stats. if i'm not mistaken they have some licensing agreement with the *other* company. so great idea, but they may not be able to do it, not exactly anyway. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Finally , someone who reckons this =)

Something like that (there ought to be other companies who deliver that kind of analysis , i dont ProZone has a monopoly) combined with an improved FM match-engine = dream come true.

International Friendlies with North American Teams.

In reality teams like Celtic FC, Rangers, and Chelsea get to play friendlies in United States during the MLS season. When I tried to schedule a friendly in FM 2007/WSM 2007, it would not allow me to do that saying for example "Los Angeles are not availabe for a friendly" or "Los Angeles decline the offer". That's not right when they listed the dates as date available.

I would like to see that not just North American teams, but any teams that has "Date Available" will have the availablity to play friendlies at anytime especially European teams having the off season to play in North America and Asia.

I posted this as a new topic before noticing this wishlist thing, oops.

Sorry if this has already been mentioned (i've had a search and havent found anything).

A feature that would be possible (perhaps even easy) to implement for FM 2008 would be the ability to issue an ultimatum if the board accept a bid over the managers head.

I for one have had several cases were i've been the chelsea manager, financially comfortable (>£500m in the bank + no loans) and have had a bid in the region of £50m accepted for an important first team player. The board have given in to some of my other tantrums and resultant ultimatums, so i was wondering if it would be possible (or if people think it would be a good idea...) to include an option where you can state that if the board sell this player, you will leave.

On another board related issue, another suggestion for FM2008 is to be able to ask the board for a specific increase in transfer budget, for an exceptional player, rather than the generic "i want more money" that currently exists. For example, a board may be more inclined to agree if you can state "i want this player - for £xm, he is better than what we currently have and my scouts have shown that he would want to play for us - can i have this much money to go and get him" Just a thought as i've had a couple of occasions were ive been £2-3m away from affording a truly world class player.

Final suggestion, this one regards free transfers. Tapping up players on the current incarnation of FM only seems to work to a certain extent, i feel it would be more realistic if you could tap up a player so that he rejects the contract offer from his current club, or his stated desires to leave actually affect his performance and make a club lower their asking price. Too many times in FM2007 i've stated interest in a player, he's said he wants to leave, the other club have said no, he's said he's unhappy, and life has gone on, with the other club still asking an extorionate fee and 12 months later the player forgets all this and signs a new contract. Am i the only person that sees this as a bit silly? Im not quite sure how this should be implemented, but tapped up players should refuse (to an extent) to sign contract extensions, should perhaps play to a lower level, and the clubs that own these players should recognise this and lower their asking prices.

Obviously subtlety is key here, as tranmere rovers are not going to able to tap up a premiership player, but for top 4 prem clubs it should be a powerful tool (what transfers havent involved tapping up for these clubs in recent years?).

Thanks if you bothered reading all this (it was a bit long) and any and all comments would be appreciated

Originally posted by Ched:

I posted this as a new topic before noticing this wishlist thing, oops.

Sorry if this has already been mentioned (i've had a search and havent found anything).

A feature that would be possible (perhaps even easy) to implement for FM 2008 would be the ability to issue an ultimatum if the board accept a bid over the managers head.

I for one have had several cases were i've been the chelsea manager, financially comfortable (>£500m in the bank + no loans) and have had a bid in the region of £50m accepted for an important first team player. The board have given in to some of my other tantrums and resultant ultimatums, so i was wondering if it would be possible (or if people think it would be a good idea...) to include an option where you can state that if the board sell this player, you will leave.

On another board related issue, another suggestion for FM2008 is to be able to ask the board for a specific increase in transfer budget, for an exceptional player, rather than the generic "i want more money" that currently exists. For example, a board may be more inclined to agree if you can state "i want this player - for £xm, he is better than what we currently have and my scouts have shown that he would want to play for us - can i have this much money to go and get him" Just a thought as i've had a couple of occasions were ive been £2-3m away from affording a truly world class player.

Final suggestion, this one regards free transfers. Tapping up players on the current incarnation of FM only seems to work to a certain extent, i feel it would be more realistic if you could tap up a player so that he rejects the contract offer from his current club, or his stated desires to leave actually affect his performance and make a club lower their asking price. Too many times in FM2007 i've stated interest in a player, he's said he wants to leave, the other club have said no, he's said he's unhappy, and life has gone on, with the other club still asking an extorionate fee and 12 months later the player forgets all this and signs a new contract. Am i the only person that sees this as a bit silly? Im not quite sure how this should be implemented, but tapped up players should refuse (to an extent) to sign contract extensions, should perhaps play to a lower level, and the clubs that own these players should recognise this and lower their asking prices.

Obviously subtlety is key here, as tranmere rovers are not going to able to tap up a premiership player, but for top 4 prem clubs it should be a powerful tool (what transfers havent involved tapping up for these clubs in recent years?).

Thanks if you bothered reading all this (it was a bit long) and any and all comments would be appreciated

ive noticed this as well and funny enough i was just about to post this about the suposedly "unhappy" players signing new contracts when they want a move to a bigger club. i agree with all of your sugestions! si make it happen!

Originally posted by prince_capri:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Wienerschnitzel:

Oh, forgot you can't use the BBcodes here. Here's the link for all you lazy peole out there. http://i12.tinypic.com/6h8e3qt.jpg

Anyone who likes this idea?

Are the things that's posted here read by SI or sent to them in some way? I mean, is there acctually a chance that these things can be included in the upcoming game?

I quite like this idea! Marking down TM, throw-ins, etc ect through position can sometimes be much better way of going about than using actual playes. icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

definetly a good idea imo

Basically, I think that transfers are probably the biggest or most enjoyable feature in Football Manager to date. Well, it is for me a crucial part of the game. At the moment the method of transfer are satisfactory, the varied options such as 'first option', 'player exchange' and the usual method of loaning and buying out right are excellent, but I would like to see a more in-depth analysis into how transfers occur and there impact on the game.

Take today's transfer with Fernando Torres, the club called a press conference and paraded the player, this was also seen with Michael Owen's signing with Newcastle. I think it would be great to see some kind of press conference for big signings for a club, asking questions on the role of the player and questioning the player on his views. This would add a new realism to the game, as well as seeing fans response to the signing.

I also think that it would be a good addition to be able to conduct your own medicals, or, see results for the medical and either cancel the transfer or more likely, to set targets for players who do not perform at a good enough standard, again this would give you a more hands on approach to the transfer system.

Another feature which I believe would be beneficial would be that during transfer periods, recurring board meetings could be arranged to outline potential signings. I think this could help to see ambition in the club, and if more money was needed for a high profile signing, this could be the place to request it. It would also be good to see if once players had been shortlisted, your chairman would comeback to you with responses from other club chairmans on their availability, this would prevent endless bidding.

I also think that the agent influence could make the game more realistic. I am aware of the rare occasion at which an agent presents you with a video, but I think there is more room for agents in the game. Giving the agents identificati

on and stats could increase the realism and open new doors for the game. Clubs could form links with agents and ask agents for recommended signings, players could also change agents which would have an affect on there future at the present club.

*You may have already read this, but my thread was closed.*

Any ideas?

I think that there should definately be an option to vent at the national team manager, or demand an explanation as to why your top goalscorer has torn a calf muscle in the 75th minute after you told them to take him off after 45...or why he comes back jaded.

I also think that top players could ask to be left out of certain fixtures like they do in real life e.g. Kaka and Ronaldinho in Copa America or Totti and Nesta from pointless internationals, if they have had a long season or are gettin on a bit, or even if they live so far away from where their team is based.

I would like the option of creating a reminder by selecting exactly when I would be reminded.

Example: Due to not being able to sign certain U18 players, I would like to be able to create a reminder when player turn 18.

1.an important feature IMO is the ability (during a match) to select: when going into detailed tactics automatically,

Example: to have an option that during a game, the game will automatically go into detail tactics on 60th or 75th minute (or at least 1st chance after those times), of course times can be chosen, doesn't have to be 60th or 75th minute.

2.The option that will automatically go into detailed tactics if teams go down 2-0 behind.

IMO, just as when a player is injured or sent off, going 2-0 is also a need for definite change of tactics, or at least an option that you can choose if you like.

3.As manager: The option to select favored personal. I think that if I'm someone else's favored personal, I should be able to select him as my favored personal.

4.Also think that negotiating manager contracts isn't really important. I mean, at least not the salary. I don't believe that adding an: buy apartment, car etc. is relevant to the game, at least IMO.

The only thing IMO that is in need of negotiation is: Transfer and Wages fees that are already available and of course contract length.

I also think that an option to put in is: Manager option to accept contract only if a certain player or personal is added to squad, lets say I'm Real Madrid and I choose only to sign a new contract pending a huge star comes the next season, a huge star or player that obviously I select.

hey

just a suggestion, you could get offers to be nottingham forest under 18 manager as a start and then try and work your way up through the ranks and get offers for say preston reserves or foresr reserves maybe. finally on to proper management but you will have experience and a good managerial start.

i think this would be good, but possible to do?

any comments on this would be appreciated

Originally posted by Tevez32:

Basically, I think that transfers are probably the biggest or most enjoyable feature in Football Manager to date. Well, it is for me a crucial part of the game. At the moment the method of transfer are satisfactory, the varied options such as 'first option', 'player exchange' and the usual method of loaning and buying out right are excellent, but I would like to see a more in-depth analysis into how transfers occur and there impact on the game.

Take today's transfer with Fernando Torres, the club called a press conference and paraded the player, this was also seen with Michael Owen's signing with Newcastle. I think it would be great to see some kind of press conference for big signings for a club, asking questions on the role of the player and questioning the player on his views. This would add a new realism to the game, as well as seeing fans response to the signing.

I also think that it would be a good addition to be able to conduct your own medicals, or, see results for the medical and either cancel the transfer or more likely, to set targets for players who do not perform at a good enough standard, again this would give you a more hands on approach to the transfer system.

Another feature which I believe would be beneficial would be that during transfer periods, recurring board meetings could be arranged to outline potential signings. I think this could help to see ambition in the club, and if more money was needed for a high profile signing, this could be the place to request it. It would also be good to see if once players had been shortlisted, your chairman would comeback to you with responses from other club chairmans on their availability, this would prevent endless bidding.

I also think that the agent influence could make the game more realistic. I am aware of the rare occasion at which an agent presents you with a video, but I think there is more room for agents in the game. Giving the agents identificati

on and stats could increase the realism and open new doors for the game. Clubs could form links with agents and ask agents for recommended signings, players could also change agents which would have an affect on there future at the present club.

*You may have already read this, but my thread was closed.*

Any ideas?

I have to say that i like all of the these ideas and would definately add realism to the game

I would just like to see the player valuations sorted out.

At present I click on a player and see their value to be labelled as £9,000,000 however unless the player is transfer listed it is highly unlikely that should I table a bid of £9 mill that I would get the player.

Take the Reo-coker deal; West Ham clearly didnt value the lad at £2 million and Villa had to pay 4x as much. And torres, Atletico clearly didnt value Torres at £20 million only to reject bids of £20 million unless they were like £35 million.

I just find it tedious that the current player valuation system provides nothing in the way of information - I can look at a player valued at £3m and unless I pay over the odds I dont get a chance. When I go to sell my players I dont value them at £20m and then reject £20m bids

* Staff, i don't know how it's done in the rest of the world but in Sweden our coaches are often the guys who get to decide how the fitness training and so on gets done. So if i hire a really good coach in the game i actually want to reap the benefits of that. The sum it up, i want to be able to ask the coaches to recomend me a training-program. If the coach is bad you might not get a good program but it's pretty realistic in my eyes.

Yes Managers usually do have the last word when it comes to training but the staff (other than the Ass Man) also have alot of input on the matter (atleast in Sweden).

...To sum it up...

Another thing i would like fixed as it's very annoying, is the shameful bids other clubs keep making on my players.

So lets say i've got a young player (whom i bought myself or i've gotten via my youth system), the players does well in my club and other clubs make transferbids. I laugh at the amount they are offering as i usually want much more for my players (i don't give my players away for free you know). Anyways i tell the club (s) the amount i want, they back off. Then later (usually when the next transferwindow opens) the same club(s) comes with the same shitty offers like they totally forgot what i told them the last time they came to me with that crap.

Seriously i know you can set it so you automaticly say no to those kinds of offers but i shouldn't have to, Arsenal or whomever should remember that i want atleast £20m for my striker and not a penny less...

Oh yeah i found an easy solution, it's not the perfect one (wich would probably involve screwing with the AI-code). Instead of only beeing able to set "Accept all offers of xx or more but reject lower" you should be able to set it to something like this: "Accept all offers of xx or more and renegotiate lower (to asking price)"

im really sorry if this has been mentioned before but i just wanted to get the idea across.

was playing the otehr night when i was ****ing about with the mouse cursor over the game that was playing, then i wondered if you could implement a way of "shouting instructions" by clicking and dragging players.

i.e, clicking and dragging the striker towards the goal (whcih obviously wouldnt move him during the course of his game) would be the equivalent of you shouting "get forward", same if you clicked over a defender and dragged the mouse cursor towards the goal youre defending, "stay back"

maybe dragging down could be "concentrate", up might be something else.

its just a quicker and more conveniant way of tweaking tactics i suppose.

Originally posted by dufftownallan:

im really sorry if this has been mentioned before but i just wanted to get the idea across.

was playing the otehr night when i was ****ing about with the mouse cursor over the game that was playing, then i wondered if you could implement a way of "shouting instructions" by clicking and dragging players.

i.e, clicking and dragging the striker towards the goal (whcih obviously wouldnt move him during the course of his game) would be the equivalent of you shouting "get forward", same if you clicked over a defender and dragged the mouse cursor towards the goal youre defending, "stay back"

maybe dragging down could be "concentrate", up might be something else.

its just a quicker and more conveniant way of tweaking tactics i suppose.

With the way the match engine currently works it wouldn't be possible to give instant commands without the match having to stop and recalculate.

The way you suggested doesn't seem to be a very good way either IMO.

Originally posted by Liquid Tension:

The ability to add TWO arrows to players on the tactics screen so I can get my DM to move left and right, or my wingbacks forwards and back.. or wingers with farrows before cutting inside when the approach the box etc.

I think I would like to go one better on this and say to add enough arrows to a player in order to describe his personal playing space.

I would like better interativity, player not interested? Well tell him where you want to take the club and can only achieve this with him there, board not wanting to expand wage budget? Explain to them that this one player who wants over the odds wages could just propel the team to the title.

dont know if this has been posted yet as i cant be bothered to read through 24 pages!

i think you should be able to cancel a future transfer. this would be particularly useful if you have taken over form a previous manager who has agreed to sign a player you dont want or you agree to sign some one but realise it doesnt make financial sense and want to get some one else insted. or you may just want to cheat and arrange a transfer for the end of the season for some one whos contract will expire then cancel and get them for free before any one has chance to offer a deal!

Originally posted by andysharkey21:

it doesnt make financial sense and want to get some one else insted. or you may just want to cheat and arrange a transfer for the end of the season for some one whos contract will expire then cancel and get them for free before any one has chance to offer a deal!

This is just plain wrong. That is what management is all about, making the choices and sticking by them.

I could decided to sign 50 on-free players, and as soon as the date approaches, cancel 49 of the transfers. This would mean that those players have not got any options left.

Highly unrealistic. Sorry. icon13.gif

Originally posted by prince_capri:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by andysharkey21:

it doesnt make financial sense and want to get some one else insted. or you may just want to cheat and arrange a transfer for the end of the season for some one whos contract will expire then cancel and get them for free before any one has chance to offer a deal!

This is just plain wrong. That is what management is all about, making the choices and sticking by them.

I could decided to sign 50 on-free players, and as soon as the date approaches, cancel 49 of the transfers. This would mean that those players have not got any options left.

Highly unrealistic. Sorry. icon13.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

An agreed transfer is a legally binding contract. In real life, unless it contained a clause specifying that it could be cancelled with no compensation due, then you would have to pay the other club compensation for breach of contract. Therefore, shouldn't be possible in FM.

For FM08 I'd like to see more media comments, maybe press conference - especially before & after champions league matches & internationals.

It's always good to have loads of media comments to respond to.

Also friendlies before major international tournaments.

i'm sure this has been said before but i'd like to add my support for it: managers should be able to pick their favoured players and teams DURING a career...

maybe when picking your favourite teams, you could be given a choice from all the teams you have managed, rather than just any team, as that would lead to strange and unrealistic situations.

or when picking your favourite players, you could be given a choice of players you have praised in the media, or players who have praised you... again this would be more realistic than being able to pick some random venezuelan second division player as one of your favoured ones... if the game could find a way of monitoring the players and teams you have a rapport with, and give you the choice of listing them as your favourite ones, i think that would be quality...

i'm not sure how easy that would be for the makers... it's just an idea

You should be able to put pictures,while playing the game.Without any 3rd programms.

For example:When you going on a players profile there should be an option to put a picture for the player (normal,small,backround)just like starting a game and putting a picture of yours as a manager.

Same goes for the Logos and Kits.

When you watch a clubs information there should be an option to put or change the Logos/kits while playing.

When you build a new stadium,there should be a list of pictures how the stadium will look like.

And when playing at home in the new stadium there should be the picture in the background.

More options for team talks:

Im am proud of you (after winning imp.matches)

we are the champions not them (for defending the cup or championship)

Match engine:Instead of sompreros,use of full body players (like in the FMC 2.0 graphic update)

or 3d engine icon_rolleyes.gif

When winning a cup or the championship there should be a fireworks background (mentioned before)

Sorry if this has been posted before, but what about the ability to explain to players why the have been subbed?

Just had my new record signing throw the toys out of the pram because I brought him off to give his understudy a 20 minute run!!

A new staffingpost, i'm not sure about what to call it but Youth Manager or something should do. Basicly what he does is handle the youthteam. Here in sweden it's not uncommon to get lowerleague managers to sign on to handle the youthteams (when the team seriously wants to invest into the youthside of their club).

The one thing that really annoys me is the lack of a proper coach report facility. The scout system , which has a couple of problems , is all the same an excellant system. The coach report system is rubbish.

And another thing about lower league clubs. When you get a triallist in you should get a scout like report from your coaches aswell.

If I have 250k in my bank in May and I know that I will have enough to buy a 5mil player in July then I'd like to be able to make bids which would only go through if enough mony is produced by a certain date and i don't have to wait until the new season and the new fund is in.

apologies if these have been said, but i don't have time to super-scan 25 pages!

I would really like to see more interaction options with players than just the media praise and game talks. In particular the option to talk in more detail to the captain (as would happen in real life). More detail in tactics, especially for set pieces, would also be good.

Something that I probably suggested in the past is the idea of having press conferences after certain matches, certainly the ones that are shown on TV. I know that often in your inbox you get a question saying that [x] has been in good form, so what do you think - followed by five options saying roughly that he's the first name on the team sheet, that you hope he can maintain his performance etc.

But that's fairly uninteractive - it'd be nice to have the option of having genuine press conferences where the press can ask about specific players' form, your thoughts about challenging for the title, your recent run of form, unhappy players etc., instead of having various questions placed into your inbox at seemingly random times.

What would everyone think of some in-game advice from the ass man?

Maybe something along the lines of "their number 9 is dictating play, maybe put a man-marker on him?" or something like that..

Nothing overly detailed, and nothing that pops up every 30 seconds, maybe just once or twice a match?

Archived