SFraser's Training Schedules for FM10

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@ Indi, you talk about using your own weightings. I was wondering what weightings they are, and if you had spotted anything to take into account that produces a superior end result?

I'm probably confusing weighting with focus here, (I've had my head over ProZone's tool for a day or so), and find that WF as a base for my wingers is fine up to a point, but depending on which of my career games I'm in I choose to set focus which take sinto account formation.

Example.

15yo ML/AML regen in a formation where he will play AML has more focus on attack than if I use him in a ML role as part of a 442.

WF makes a good base, but I want my ML/MR to be able to tackle in a 442, and want my AML/AMR to be able to shoot, pass, and cross. My team formation often depends on the players I start with. Currently I'm starting out as Liverpool, but want them to go back to the old 442. For this, a number of young widemen are being trained as good 'all rounders' to play in the wide roles, thereby allowing me more freedom for fullbacks overlapping, and a more solid bank of four across the middle.

I've got several players who are all wide players on different variations of focus depending on what I want to either achieve or maintain in them.

The areas of focus differ depending on the players natural fitness and playing position rather than simply his natural position. The focus also naturally as per your findings depends on the development stage of the player.

Thus far I've had some very good results in terms of attribute improvement, but until these players start to get t0 an age where they are first choice and getting regular games it's hard to judge the long term effects.

I believe that the tool should help create schedules more clearly for one and all, but fear people will simply expect it to spit out Das Über-Zeitplan without any input or understanding of focus or what they are trying to achieve. It'll give results, they all do, but a 2 year game on your earlier samples highlights the need for a larger number of specifically focused schedules.

A point of concern for me is that I seem to get jumping to improve very well on any schedule.

Correct :thup:

Albeit a generic, focusless schedule. Backs up the theories thus far tho.

I was using the training module last night and thought I'd post about an observation I made.

If you create a new schedule, set one category slider to notch 4 and another to notch 1, and then drag the Overall Workload slider to the right you will notice that the slider set to 4 will move a further 4 notches before the slider set to 1 moves by an additional notch. This is true for all the category sliders.

I think this is very interesting because this supports the category Unit assumption. The mechanics of Overall Workload, as observable to the user, works to increase the training schedule by the set category ratios.

This may be a known feature, I'd be surprised if SFraser hadn't noticed this when developing this approach to schedule design, but I haven't ever seen it noted in this forum. It's another reason for me at least to feel confident in using this approach and these schedules.

However surely if it was to support the work properly then you could set the base for all of them and then move the overall workload right and then it could calculate them on the same ratios? - but it doesnt :confused:

I have a youngster who came through my academy and was labelled one of the best players of his generation. I put him on the youth and then development training schedules when he reached 17 but his stats have not moved at all in over a year. the only thing that has gone up a bit is determination through mentoring (which is now at 18).

Other youngsters seem to be progressing fine.

Does anyone have a theory on what is going wrong with my guy?

As i said he has high determination, his character is determined, high work rate, happy with his training, high potential from my scouts and no problems with work ethic identified by my scouts. He has been making the odd appearance for the 1st team from the bench and is a regular for the reserves. he's certainly getting as much if not more 1st team expsure than other youngsters who seem to be progressing well even though my scouts suggest their pa is nowhere near as high as my man.

Any ideas?

What is his mentality? He likely has poor values in key hidden attributes: Professionalism and Ambition. Tutoring him probably helped him a little bit unless the player you tutored him with had low values in that as well. After he's done being tutored by the current guy you can try getting him tutored by a player with a high Professionalism mentality such as 'Fairly Professional, Professional or Spirited'. There's a couple of others but I don't remember them off the top of my head, you'll need to look em up in the Mentality thread. Barring that you can try to play him even more and hope of the the best, or try to cut your losses and try to sell him, as a high potential youngster he's likely to sell decentely.

Great thread, I've got a question though. If I sign a player on loan will he progress as well as players who are owned by my club ?

if you get him on a season loan he does but if its a month / 3 you wont see a great deal of change.

I was using the training module last night and thought I'd post about an observation I made.

If you create a new schedule, set one category slider to notch 4 and another to notch 1, and then drag the Overall Workload slider to the right you will notice that the slider set to 4 will move a further 4 notches before the slider set to 1 moves by an additional notch. This is true for all the category sliders.

I think this is very interesting because this supports the category Unit assumption. The mechanics of Overall Workload, as observable to the user, works to increase the training schedule by the set category ratios.

This may be a known feature, I'd be surprised if SFraser hadn't noticed this when developing this approach to schedule design, but I haven't ever seen it noted in this forum. It's another reason for me at least to feel confident in using this approach and these schedules.

So let me get this straight - If i want to improve a player in a certain area and i make a base schedule with the right focus, as i move the slider to the right and i stop at, for example 'heavy' then it should maintain the same focus? Am i right?

So let me get this straight - If i want to improve a player in a certain area and i make a base schedule with the right focus, as i move the slider to the right and i stop at, for example 'heavy' then it should maintain the same focus? Am i right?

No this is not correct. It is not straightforard to convert the Overall Workload slider movement into Focus. I wouldn't recommend constructing schedules in the way you describe because there is huge potential for error. I strongly suggest you stick to the method SFraser has described.

My post which you quoted was an observation on the mechanics of the Overall Workload slider. Please don't make it into anything more, it certainly wasn't meant as an alternative method for schedule design.

No this is not correct. It is not straightforard to convert the Overall Workload slider movement into Focus. I wouldn't recommend constructing schedules in the way you describe because there is huge potential for error. I strongly suggest you stick to the method SFraser has described.

My post which you quoted was an observation on the mechanics of the Overall Workload slider. Please don't make it into anything more, it certainly wasn't meant as an alternative method for schedule design.

Thankyou. I think i'll listen to your advice. I totally understand about focus but i'm still not getting the age factor when it comes to constructing schedule the sfraser way. Is it best to look at it like this - Technical attributes run a steady course throughout a players career, mental attributes really kick off from 24-32 (depending on tutoring) and physical attributes start early (from 15yrs old) improve rapidly from 17-24 and then gradually decline from then till the 30's. Am i on the right track? Thanks.

For those who would benefit from a helping hand in constructing training schedules based on SFraser's principles in this thread then here is an offering from DocSander and I:

http://www.mediafire.com/?v1pd9kckhpd58ic

This basic MS Excel Tool will allow you to check that the schedules you have modified from SFraser's original set are correct and, more importantly, start to create your own.

The Tool takes the Baseline and multiplies it by the Focus given to each category to output the slider positions.

The only points to explain are:

- Users only need to edit the blue boxes, nothing else.

- If you choose to select both SFraser's Focus and the User Defined Focus then these Focus values will be added together

- Please use whole numbers for the User Defined Focus for now

- SFraser's WF schedule is AMR/L in the Tool

- SFraser's FB schedule is DR/L in the Tool

- SFraser's AM schedule is AMC in the Tool

- The SW, WBR/L, DM and MR/L Focus values are missing (a good place to start your own testing)

DocSander and I will support this Tool as best we can here in this thread if there are any further questions.

Please, please, please make sure you give feedback on your training schedules here so that it can be used in the continuing development of training schedules and further the understanding of training players in FM.

Thankyou. I think i'll listen to your advice. I totally understand about focus but i'm still not getting the age factor when it comes to constructing schedule the sfraser way. Is it best to look at it like this - Technical attributes run a steady course throughout a players career, mental attributes really kick off from 24-32 (depending on tutoring) and physical attributes start early (from 15yrs old) improve rapidly from 17-24 and then gradually decline from then till the 30's. Am i on the right track? Thanks.

That sounds sensible to me but I'll let SFraser give you the definitive answer on that if that's okay

Jesus H ****ing christ.

Please read the goddamn thread. There are no 'final' schedules. There isn't a 'set' as such. Simply deploying SFrasers trial/demo release won't get you that far since it's a couple of generic positions only. If you read the actual thread you'll note that SFraser has simply evolved a framework from which to customise your own which in turn might lead to a library of individual schedules from all those using his theorem as the basis for their schedules.

I currently have around 38 schedules for different positions and roles. I then have about 6 players on an individual focus in an effort to increase skills in key areas, or to make them more rounded where applicable.

But jeez, there is no magic download. All you'll do is download the sample set. Then come back to complain they are too heavy 'cos you didn't read the thread, then come back to ask about positions 'cos you didn't read the thread, then come back and ask what the difference is between ST & CF 'cos you didn't read the thread.

What people are failing to realise is that there's not likely to be a single set of master schedules. The entire thread talks about focus - why would we all train our squads with the same focus? We all have different players!!?

For the record, the ones I built myself based on my team, and my weightings, and my focus, with my current players, are massivly more effective than the ones being downloaded by the overwhelming number of ignorant quick fix hunters. Ergo, you'd be better off reading the thread, learning, and making them yourselves.

Please refrain from these type of childish outbursts next time and have some damn respect for fellow posters. And also re-read my post which you've quoted. I never said that these are final schedules but merely updated versions of ones SFraser posted in his original post. I'm simply clarifying any confusion for the two posters. So what if people want to have plug and play schedules, it's their choice. On top of it, this is a forum, where people exchange information. There's absolutely no need to blow up at someone for asking questions.

I apologize to SFraser and everyone else for going off topic a bit. I simply don't appreciate being berated.

For those who would benefit from a helping hand in constructing training schedules based on SFraser's principles in this thread then here is an offering from DocSander and I:

http://www.filefront.com/15969481/ProZone%20%26%20DocSander%27s%20Training%20Schedule%20Design%20Tool%20-%20v.SFraser_Thread_Release.xlsx

This basic MS Excel Tool will allow you to check that the schedules you have modified from SFraser's original set are correct and, more importantly, start to create your own.

The Tool takes the Baseline and multiplies it by the Focus given to each category to output the slider positions.

- If you choose to select both SFraser's Focus and the User Defined Focus then these Focus values will be added together

- The SW, WBR/L, DM and MR/L Focus values are missing (a good place to start your own testing)

DocSander and I will support this Tool as best we can here in this thread if there are any further questions.

Please, please, please make sure you give feedback on your training schedules here so that it can be used in the continuing development of training schedules and further the understanding of training players in FM.

I've just downloaded your spreadsheet but when i try to open with ms excel it's says it's not a proper document but i open it anyway and i only see the gk youth schedule. Please help

http://www.filefront.com/15969481/ProZone%20%26%20DocSander%27s%20Training%20Schedule%20Design%20Tool%20-%20v.SFraser_Thread_Release.xlsx

Excellent work. I have a question though. I don't really understand what the User Defined Focus exactly does. If it is turned off, then I'm assuming that the output will simply be based on SFraser's Focus, correct?

Sorry, if this has already been answered but I've been re-reading this thread many times already and I'm still having trouble deciphering some of the info.

I've just downloaded your spreadsheet but when i try to open with ms excel it's says it's not a proper document but i open it anyway and i only see the gk youth schedule. Please help

If you highlight the blue boxes with things like GK or Youth in them, then a small grey arrow appears. If you click on that then a drop down menu appears with more options.

Please refrain from these type of childish outbursts next time and have some damn respect for fellow posters. And also re-read my post which you've quoted. I never said that these are final schedules but merely updated versions of ones SFraser posted in his original post. I'm simply clarifying any confusion for the two posters. So what if people want to have plug and play schedules, it's their choice. On top of it, this is a forum, where people exchange information. There's absolutely no need to blow up at someone for asking questions.

I apologize to SFraser and everyone else for going off topic a bit. I simply don't appreciate being berated.

Here's a thought? Read my post again. Stop to think that my post doesn't actually refer to yours in either content or context, and drop me a PM to ask whether you had read me wrong before blowing up like a child and getting on your sanctimonious high horse?

As it happens, and is plainly clear from my original post, I was responding to the two 'instant-fixers' that had not bothered to read the thread or take in any part in the evolving discussion. I quoted yours in error. I'd apologise, but I'm past giving a **** after that little outburst.:cool:

Thanks PZ, gonna go see what all my revised schedules fit like. I'm bound to have made some mistakes in my focus counts.

Another great tool, pz and doc.

One question re. roles. Say for example I want to train my keeper to be a sweeper keeper - I just work out the 'user defined focus' for myself and adjust accordingly, right?

Maybe posters here can contribute suggestions for all roles (especially the various striker roles) here.

Thanks DocSander, ProZone, and SFraser. I've downloaded the spreadsheet and I had a quick question about the baseline numbers. I came up with different numbers independently so I was wondering what you were using for your baseline numbers?

For instance, here was my take on the GK baseline.

Strength (3)

1. Natural Fitness - Physical

2. Stamina - Physical

3. Strength - Physical

Aerobic (6)

1. Acceleration - Physical

2. Agility - Physical

3. Balance - Physical

4. Jumping - Physical

5. Pace - Physical

6. Reflexes - Goalkeeping

Goalkeeping (7)

1. Aerial Ability - Goalkeeping

2. Composure - Mental

3. Concentration - Mental

4. Handling - Goalkeeping

5. Kicking - Goalkeeping

6. One On Ones - Goalkeeping

7. Throwing - Goalkeeping

Tactics (6)

1. Anticipation - Mental

2. Command Of Area - Goalkeeping

3. Communication - Goalkeeping

4. Decisions - Mental

5. Positioning - Mental

6. Rushing Out - Goalkeeping

Ball Control (2/1)

1. First Touch - Goalkeeping

2. Technique - ?

Set Pieces (1)

1. Free Kick Taking - Goalkeeping

And from the spreadsheet.

STR 3

AER 6

GK 7

TAC 6

BAL 2

DEF 0

ATT 1

SHO 0

SET 0

So we're pretty close, but why Attacking at 1 and Set Pieces at 0? Also, I think I remember ProZone posting that reflexes were dropped from the Aerobic category for the Outfielder Baseline - by that same logic should Technique be dropped from the Ball Control category for the Goalkeeper Baseline?

I had another minor inconsistency with the outfielder baseline in the spreadsheet.

Thanks again guys for sharing this with everyone. :thup:

It most definitely is a proper document and if you click on the cell where it says GK you will see a drop-down list for all the other positions available.

EDIT - Apologies ron.e, I think there may have been a problem with the download for some users. It's now fixed so try downloading again.

Excellent work. I have a question though. I don't really understand what the User Defined Focus exactly does. If it is turned off, then I'm assuming that the output will simply be based on SFraser's Focus, correct?

The User Defined Focus is where you can type in your own Focus values to create your own schedule. If SFraser's Focus is included ('yes') the two Focus numbers will be added together. If SFraser's Focus is not included then it's 100% your own schedule.

One question re. roles. Say for example I want to train my keeper to be a sweeper keeper - I just work out the 'user defined focus' for myself and adjust accordingly, right?

Maybe posters here can contribute suggestions for all roles (especially the various striker roles) here.

All suggestions are welcome, especially if they are supported by detailed info. on the progress/decline over say a ~6 month period minimum.

Thanks DocSander, ProZone, and SFraser. I've downloaded the spreadsheet and I had a quick question about the baseline numbers. I came up with different numbers independently so I was wondering what you were using for your baseline numbers?

The GK baseline is a bit of a grey area but we're not far off each other. Here's what I have accounted for in the Tool however, please feel free to further question these assumptions:

STR (3) - Work Rate, Stamina, Strength

AER (6) - Acceleration, Agility, Balance, Jumping, Pace, Reflexes

GK (7) - Aerial Ability, Handling, Kicking, Throwing, One On Ones, Concentration, Composure

TAC (6) - Anticipation, Decisions, Positioning, Command Of Area, Communication, Teamwork

BAL (2) - First Touch, Technique

DEF (0)

ATT (1) - Creativity

SHO (0)

SET (0)

Including Creativity is perhaps a bit controversial but as the ATT Focus for GKs is always zero in SFraser's schedules it never gets included.

Here's what is considered for outfield players:

STR (3) - Work Rate, Stamina, Strength

AER (5) - Acceleration, Agility, Balance, Jumping, Pace

GK (0)

TAC (5) - Anticipation, Decisions, Off The Ball, Positioning, Teamwork

BAL (4) - Dribbling, First Touch, Heading, Technique

DEF (3) - Marking, Tackling, Concentration

ATT (2) - Passing, Creativity

SHO (3) - Finishing, Long Shots, Composure

SET (5) - Corners, Crossing, Free Kick Taking, Long Throws, Penalty Taking

I have read over and over this thread and i cant get my head around whats going on.

I have been using the the training, i havent seen a great deal of improvement in my players but im going to try prozone tool and hope it helps :)

It's pretty simple to be honest Ramie. My first post here btw, but thanks to Sfraser and Prozone for their training set ups. Basically Sfraser gave us schedules set up to his preference, but with a guide on how to create your own training.

I'm in my 7th season now and the results have been more than remarkable. Nearly every player has his own training schedule, based on their position and which attributes they are currently lacking for that same position.

Small example, I have one winger with excellent technical skills, but weak physical ability, so his focus is more on the physical aspect (15 notches in strenght, 5 times 3, the core number for strenght and 20 notches in aerobic training, meaning 4 times 5). The physical winger is the opposite, I'm just doing 2 x the core number to maintain his physical ability, but this gives me room to train heavily on other aspects, like ball control and shooting.

Also, what I've noticed and the guys in question can correct me if I'm wrong, is that when you for instance have a centre back with 14 in finishing, you can bring down that number by NOT training in the shooting category. Which will in turn lead to more CA points being available for other attributes. So you can basically shape your own player through the years.

My main problem is that I've been managing in Serbia and it's pretty hard to keep a player for a longer period. But the development has been more than terrific and with these schedules I've managed to turn a 2 and half star wing back into a 5 star player in 3 seasons time. Obviously he had the PA to match it, but your own schedules will make sure he grows in the areas you want him to.

here's a post on what training categories affect which attributes. I don't know if these are right or wrong but fm-base is a good site and I learned a few things from them so here you go. the other post about this was outdated I think (from 2007).

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f73/what-stats-each-training-section-works-on-t32728.html

can someone verify this please?

Looking forward to trying this tool :) .... sadly it doesn't work in OpenOffice :(

At work I have an older version of MS Office. Any chance you could save it as an older version of Excel file?? :)

to use these with openoffice, use a converter. you can find some here http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/FAQ/General/How_do_I_open_Microsoft_Office_2007_files%3F

choose one depending on your OS

edit: eh scrap that. apparently it doesn't work regardless of what you do :( sad

I'd like to say a BIG thankyou for putting that spreadsheet together, it's very useful guys. I know this is still a project in development so if I may add a little feedback I think it could be even better....

Could you add the necessary options to include part-time schedules, us lower league managers can experiment with this tool and maybe post some good PT schedules.

Would it be possible to allow users to enter a new position name in the left-hand dropdownbox so that people can possibly save their own custom types without changing the original set. For example someone may want something a little different for Playmakers/Target Men/Defencive Forwards etc and if they can save them and reuse them it would be excellent.

Does anyone know how to artificially construct a Training Schedule file (is it xml or something?) - if so would it be possible to export the schedule from MS Excel directly into a new FM Training Schedule file? This would be a great way for us to upload our schedules and for other people to test them.

Lastly, I see you calculate the total training workload dynamically based on the number of ticks etc.... Now I'm thinking that there will be a direct relationship between this total and the formula used in the game to determine the maximum workload the player is comfortable with before he starts to complain and get unhappy. I'm pretty sure attributes such as Natural Fitness and Determination etc are used in it but is there a way to work out what this formula would be? If we could crack that, we could tailor the schedules to each player precisely without them getting unhappy and without them training below their potential. This may need to be made an optional extra if it requires knowing the players hidden stats.

Once again, many thanks for your efforts guys.

SFraser, ProZone, DocSanders

Quick question I understand that you have based this on Full Time players however if for some reason someone was to play with a tight wage budget and need to recruit part-timers or amatures, how do you adjust the training schedules for them?

Regards

CElliott just use same way for creating PT schedules. Ofcourse focus will be lower on certain things but still it will work.

Well I've been using modified versions of SFraser's original schedules for some weeks now for my Semi-Pro team. I originally just allowed a few less clicks per category but it doesnt translate very well given the different hours available for part time training. For example reducing a full time CB schedule to part time leaves you will rather lot of Strength & Aerobic training and almost nothing on Defending. The balance isn't just 50% of FT, at least I dont think it works well. But I think the idea of this thread is to encourage the players to contribute schedules that work well and have been widely tested, this spreadsheet is a good step in that direction - I still think PT schedules need to be included in the plan.

Any comments on my other ideas or am I howling in the wilderness?

regards,

Chris

That tool is excellent! Thanks guys I think I'm getting my head around it now so say I have a player who I want to train more on say shooting I'll take shooting and times it by 8 which = 21 so I then go onto the game and do 21 clicks on shooting, is that right?

hi.

wanted to know, if there is going to be an update of the schedule.

honestly im not a long time player, who has not that much time, to go deep and to create an own schedule, so it would be very nice, if you could upload the new improved schedule, if its ready.

have a nice day and nice job you guys are doing

That tool is excellent! Thanks guys I think I'm getting my head around it now so say I have a player who I want to train more on say shooting I'll take shooting and times it by 8 which = 21 so I then go onto the game and do 21 clicks on shooting, is that right?

Not that simple.

As that would depend on the players age, amongst other things.

Simply ramping up shooting would lead to an imbalance.

Not that simple.

As that would depend on the players age, amongst other things.

Simply ramping up shooting would lead to an imbalance.

Well, as far as this version of the tool is concerned, Jenko_EFC is right.

First assign the correct position and career stage for your player. This will render a training schedule proposal based on these two things. Second, enter a number in the purple 'user defined focus' column and change the 'include in schedule' box to yes. You can start by entering for example 1 and see what happens, try entering 2 and see if it suits you.

So yes, the schedule will be slightly imbalanced, but if the purpose is to try to {quote} "train more on say shooting" {end quote} the resulting schedule will always be imbalanced, favoring this category over others.

Bear in mind though that each category combines different types of attributes (technical, mental and physical). Based on players age these types of attributes have different growth rates. As a general principle it seems that physical attributes are easier to improve in younger players and mental in older players, while technical attributes hold a quite steady line as players age.

So, more focus on shooting training will lead to a higher rate of improvement of long shots (technical), finishing (technical) and composure (mental). Depending on the position of the player, these attributes will rise at a higher or lower CA cost. Therefore, more effort going into these attributes will not always be represented as a faster rise of the attribute as shown in the game.

The age of a player plays an important role here too. More focus on shooting training in an old player will favor improvement in composure (mental) over improvement in long shots and finishing (technical).

These factors all modulate what happens to the attributes shown in the game. Therefore, it is difficult to assess the net result of your training schedule. What might help is to consider the build-up of this tool and think in terms of focus. This increases the insight in where your training schedule puts extra (or less as you may also enter negative user defined focus values too) emphasis on.

Hope this helps to increase the insight in the complicated world of FM training schedules...

Well, as far as this version of the tool is concerned, Jenko_EFC is right.

First assign the correct position and career stage for your player. This will render a training schedule proposal based on these two things. Second, enter a number in the purple 'user defined focus' column and change the 'include in schedule' box to yes. You can start by entering for example 1 and see what happens, try entering 2 and see if it suits you.

So yes, the schedule will be slightly imbalanced, but if the purpose is to try to {quote} "train more on say shooting" {end quote} the resulting schedule will always be imbalanced, favoring this category over others.

Bear in mind though that each category combines different types of attributes (technical, mental and physical). Based on players age these types of attributes have different growth rates. As a general principle it seems that physical attributes are easier to improve in younger players and mental in older players, while technical attributes hold a quite steady line as players age.

So, more focus on shooting training will lead to a higher rate of improvement of long shots (technical), finishing (technical) and composure (mental). Depending on the position of the player, these attributes will rise at a higher or lower CA cost. Therefore, more effort going into these attributes will not always be represented as a faster rise of the attribute as shown in the game.

The age of a player plays an important role here too. More focus on shooting training in an old player will favor improvement in composure (mental) over improvement in long shots and finishing (technical).

These factors all modulate what happens to the attributes shown in the game. Therefore, it is difficult to assess the net result of your training schedule. What might help is to consider the build-up of this tool and think in terms of focus. This increases the insight in where your training schedule puts extra (or less as you may also enter negative user defined focus values too) emphasis on.

Hope this helps to increase the insight in the complicated world of FM training schedules...

Thankyou for the tool It's really useful. I think i've finally got what you are talking about when it comes to other factors when designing schedules. It have this player:-

7chrisbraggasof29jan201.png

Now, there's only two things i'm concerned about here 1)Working out where i want him to improve 2) designing a schedule that focuses on the areas that i want him to improve. He is close to his PA so i understand that for him to improve in his strenght will probably mean losing stats in other areas.

I want him to improve mainly in his strenght, passing, tackling and heading (he has a really good jumping stat so with improved heading he will be an ideal def mid)

This is his scedule:-

charltonathletic.png

and it's broken down like this:-

Str x 5

Aero x 2

Tac x 3

B/Con x 2

Def x 3

Att x 3

Sho x 3

S/Pieces x 2

I think i got this schedule spot on in terms of where i want him to improve, his age while taking into consideration how and when technical, mental and physical grow. Prozon, Sfraser and Docsander - Am i on the right track? Thanks

Well, let me try and reproduce what you've got here...

This guy's trained as an MC (so far there's no DM SFraser focus values entered in the tool).

He's trained as a developing player regarding career stage.

This leaves you with a balanced schedule like this:

STR x 4

AER x 4

GK x 0

TAC x 3

BAL x 3

DEF x 3

ATT x 3

SHO x 3

SET x 0

You then add in the user prefered focus, which would be +1 for STR (to increase strength attribute), +1 for ATT (passing), +1 for DEF (tackling) and +1 BAL (heading). Finally, as his corner stat is at 15 already it seems worthwhile to maintain or develop this by adding f.e. 2 focus value to SET.

This leads to this set of focus values:

STR x 5

AER x 4

GK x 0

TAC x 3

BAL x 4

DEF x 4

ATT x 4

SHO x 3

SET x 2

The schedule in your screenshot looks like this:

STR x 5 (baseline 3 -> slider at 15)

AER x 2 (baseline 5 -> slider at 10)

GK x 0

TAC x 3 (baseline 5 -> slider at 15)

BAL x 2 (baseline 4 -> slider at 8)

DEF x 4 (baseline 3 -> slider at 12)

ATT x 4 (baseline 2 -> slider at 8)

SHO x 2 (baseline 3 -> slider at 6

SET x 2 (baseline 5 -> slider at 10)

So, one or more of my assumptions above regarding how you've built up your schedule are not correct. Is he not on trained as MC, not in developing career stage? Or is you user preferred focus different from what I've suggested?

Well, let me try and reproduce what you've got here...

This guy's trained as an MC (so far there's no DM SFraser focus values entered in the tool).

He's trained as a developing player regarding career stage.

This leaves you with a balanced schedule like this:

STR x 4

AER x 4

GK x 0

TAC x 3

BAL x 3

DEF x 3

ATT x 3

SHO x 3

SET x 0

You then add in the user prefered focus, which would be +1 for STR (to increase strength attribute), +1 for ATT (passing), +1 for DEF (tackling) and +1 BAL (heading). Finally, as his corner stat is at 15 already it seems worthwhile to maintain or develop this by adding f.e. 2 focus value to SET.

STR x 5

AER x 4

GK x 0

TAC x 3

BAL x 4

DEF x 4

ATT x 4

SHO x 3

SET x 2

The schedule in your screenshot looks like this:

STR x 5 (baseline 3 -> slider at 15)

AER x 2 (baseline 5 -> slider at 10)

GK x 0

TAC x 3 (baseline 5 -> slider at 15)

BAL x 2 (baseline 4 -> slider at 8)

DEF x 4 (baseline 3 -> slider at 12)

ATT x 4 (baseline 2 -> slider at 8)

SHO x 2 (baseline 3 -> slider at 6

SET x 2 (baseline 5 -> slider at 10)

So, one or more of my assumptions above regarding how you've built up your schedule are not correct. Is he not on trained as MC, not in developing career stage? Or is you user preferred focus different from what I've suggested?

My preferred focus is exactly what you've suggested. I didn't think of combining sfrasers schedule with my own focus as well. He is on developing MC but i would like to improve in other areas as well. Thinking about it a bit more i don't really want him as an out and out DM. He has good stats as an MC.

STR x 5

AER x 4

GK x 0

TAC x 3

BAL x 4

DEF x 4

ATT x 4

SHO x 3

SET x 2

I put this into the spreadsheet but the overall workload is 'very heavy'. The overall workload is '127' surely that's to high for a developing player right? Also, even though he is 19 should he be on first-team instead?

Are you saying to keep Sfraser's base schedule but just up the training in the areas that i want him to improve? Thanks

Quick development question for you guys. How do you guys balance first team football with better schedules.

ie: Youngsters that arent good enough to play for you yet. Loaning them out gets them first team experience, but will mean they wont be on optimal schedules. Will I see better resutls by loaning out, or by playing in reserves with better schedules?

Obviously not a problem with Rooney like prospects, which can play in first team from 17+ but I do have a few players for whom this is a big issue.

Quick development question for you guys. How do you guys balance first team football with better schedules.

ie: Youngsters that arent good enough to play for you yet. Loaning them out gets them first team experience, but will mean they wont be on optimal schedules. Will I see better resutls by loaning out, or by playing in reserves with better schedules?

Obviously not a problem with Rooney like prospects, which can play in first team from 17+ but I do have a few players for whom this is a big issue.

Well my opionion is, if they are 16-17 leave them playing reserve team football for a year with the schedules and then after that send them out on loan.

My preferred focus is exactly what you've suggested. I didn't think of combining sfrasers schedule with my own focus as well.

Are you saying to keep Sfraser's base schedule but just up the training in the areas that i want him to improve? Thanks

Well, that explains the difference i guess...

For everyone looking to modulate training schedules in order to prioritize training certain attributes, just follow the steps like explained above with the player from ron.e's example.

Indeed keep the base schedule intact and add in your own preferred focus values.

I put this into the spreadsheet but the overall workload is 'very heavy'. The overall workload is '127' surely that's to high for a developing player right? Also, even though he is 19 should he be on first-team instead?

This is why ProZone has termed this tool a very much simplified version of what we're developing at the moment. In the future these type of tools will contain an option to modulate the workload of the training scheme without disturbing the intended balance.

For now, in order to tune down the workload you might consider adding a small (f.e. 0.2 of 0.5) negative value into the user preferred focus box. Just a work-around for now...

Well, that explains the difference i guess...

For everyone looking to modulate training schedules in order to prioritize training certain attributes, just follow the steps like explained above with the player from ron.e's example.

Indeed keep the base schedule intact and add in your own preferred focus values.

This is why ProZone has termed this tool a very much simplified version of what we're developing at the moment. In the future these type of tools will contain an option to modulate the workload of the training scheme without disturbing the intended balance.

For now, in order to tune down the workload you might consider adding a small (f.e. 0.2 of 0.5) negative value into the user preferred focus box. Just a work-around for now...

That's great advice. But what do you mean by 'For now, in order to tune down the workload you might consider adding a small (f.e. 0.2 of 0.5) negative value into the user preferred focus box' and how do you do it? Thanks

Im having a nightmare getting my head around all the focus stuff :( i was just wondering if someone could advise me on my player below and from that im sure il understand alot more! and be able to make many more schedules for myself. Well thats the plan!

I have edited the players PA to 200, just so i can see if i could create a good schedule. His postion is AMC, as you can see he needs to improve in this tec and men attributes.

donux.jpg

Here is the schedule i have created for him, reading thur this thread i have clearly lost the plot! and i think im training him to high for his own good! But i wanted to improve his tec attributes. His CA is 136.

don1j.jpg

Would like for some advise on how to fix this and makes changes to all my other schedules :)

Thanks in advance

That's great advice. But what do you mean by 'For now, in order to tune down the workload you might consider adding a small (f.e. 0.2 of 0.5) negative value into the user preferred focus box' and how do you do it? Thanks

When you are typing numbers into the user defined section of the spreadsheet, you can add in negative numbers, e.g. -2, and the worload will go down on the right hand side. If you increase, say, strength by 1, you could reduce two other training areas (eg ATT and Ball Control) by -0.5 each to compensate, thus leaving the overall training workload roughly the same.

I think that's what DocSander was saying :)