FMStories.co.uk

Terk

OK, we're very near to launch time now for www.fmstories.co.uk, I anticipate the site going live either tomorrow or Tuesday. But I do have the forum ready. Unfortunately, it isn't (yet) the forum I wanted due to issues with my hosting service, due to them claiming (wrongly) that the package I signed up for doesn't support MySQL and therefore I can't set up the database that an advert-free board on our own domain (such as SMF or myBB) requires.

Given that, I have set up an account with InvisionFree and the board is up and running. It's got an advert banner at the top of the page, but it'll do for now. If you do post any of your writing there, I strongly suggest that you keep a back up on your hard drive as I won't be able to transfer things across as/when a different board gets set up. Of course, if people like what is running now, there may be no reason to change it.

Anyway, the forum is up, so for those who want to, FMS Community Forum.

I think the news will be of most interest to Paris Hilton's Lover, who, if I remember correctly, was eager to post an EHM story.

OK, so I've needed something to distract me from things going on at home, so I've ploughed through a lot of work today and I'm happy to release the first version of the FMS website. It's very much a work in progress and updates will be made both Monday and Tuesday, and then on a regular basis after that. Once I've got all the information I want up there, I will work on a redesign, what is there currently was just a quickly put together job in order to get the show on the road.

So, I present to you, FM Stories

The site has been tested in IE8, Firefox v3 and Chrome, so you shouldn't have any usability problems. I haven't tested on Opera or Safari because, basically, I couldn't be bothered. Oh, and it was optimised on a monitor using 1024x768, so if it looks small on your screen, that's your fault for having a better monitor than me. Also, version 2 will be optimised for a display of probably 1280x768.

Don't like the reference to the aborted multiplayer games. Reads like a dig at the people who tried to set them up, none of whom did so in an effort to be anything other than positive for the forum.

Don't like the reference to the aborted multiplayer games. Reads like a dig at the people who tried to set them up, none of whom did so in an effort to be anything other than positive for the forum.

Written by Raptor. I wasn't around much during the whole UCMS era.

OK, so the various pages for the awards rolls of honour have been uploaded and are correct up to (and including) the 2009 awards. They include (where possible) links to each of the award winning stories, so if you fancy reading some old stuff then that's the place to head until I can get all of those stories into the archive.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I want to draw people's attention to a possible threat. I went to look at some of the past Awards and each link I clicked on tried to infect my laptop. It was the only page I had running in Firefox at that time so I know it isn't another website trying to do it to me.

I want to draw people's attention to a possible threat. I went to look at some of the past Awards and each link I clicked on tried to infect my laptop. It was the only page I had running in Firefox at that time so I know it isn't another website trying to do it to me.

I use Firefox and have never encountered this.

Right, done a quick look into it, and there does seem to be a potential problem with the archive pages that I have from the ZelenaZvezda site. It seems only to be affecting those pages, but there does look to be a potential malware problem from a site called bestfindahome.cn

The google diagnostic came back saying the following,

Safe Browsing

Diagnostic page for bestfindahome.cn

What is the current listing status for bestfindahome.cn?

Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm your computer.

What happened when Google visited this site?

Of the 55 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 0 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2010-01-02, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2010-01-02.

This site was hosted on 3 network(s) including AS17431 (TONET), AS21740 (ENOMAS1), AS15379 (XCALIBRE).

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?

Over the past 90 days, bestfindahome.cn did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.

Has this site hosted malware?

Yes, this site has hosted malicious software over the past 90 days. It infected 50 domain(s), including lewdhosting.com/, kolkatapropmart.com/, liftncarry.net/.

How did this happen?

In some cases, third parties can add malicious code to legitimate sites, which would cause us to show the warning message.

Next steps:

Return to the previous page.

If you are the owner of this web site, you can request a review of your site using Google Webmaster Tools. More information about the review process is available in Google's Webmaster Help Center.

So it seems from that report that there is malware content on that site but it isn't downloaded without user consent, so nobody should have been infected simply by visiting these pages; certainly I sweep my PC every other day for malware and suchlike and nothing has been reported from those pages which are stored on my C drive. If you have been in any way infected or attacked then I apologise profusely, I am currently in the process of taking the entire site down whilst I convert all the html files that I got from the ZelenaZvezda archives into PDFs. I've done a quick test on this and it seems to solve the problems.

So FMStories.co.uk will be unavailable for the next wee while, I don't know how long this will take me but I hope I can have it back up in a couple of weeks.

No problem, I really appreciate you bringing it to my attention, mark. Last thing I would want with this site is to cause anyone any problems, and it's been a back burner project to convert everything to PDF anyway, so it just makes me get on and do it :thup:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Almost. I very much expect to have the site back up and running by the end of next week at the latest. I've got a session planned for the weekend which should see the last of the story conversions done, then it'll just be link checking, etc, before putting it back up.

Glad to hear it mate, i shall hopefully be contributing my first story in this forum soon. Doubt anyone will bother reading it though. What are the general rules for posting in this forum, anything different to the others?

Glad to hear you'll be contributing a story, and I'm sure people will bother to read it. The forum rules can be found here.

Look forward to reading your story :thup:

There are rules at the top of the page.
Glad to hear you'll be contributing a story, and I'm sure people will bother to read it. The forum rules can be found here.

Look forward to reading your story :thup:

Thanks chaps, had a read and i think my story coincide with the rules. I will be sending you a quick PM though Terk regarding how i will write the story just to make sure its 100% fine, only i really dont want to post it in public else it will give it away straight away! :D

Cheers.

Archived