dafuge's FM10 challenge

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This ending is more than exciting. im currently 8th im 3 points away from playoff spot, i have one game in hand and having no 19 home and 21 away for the last 2 games of the season!!!

I have not lost my last 6 games! fingers crossed that i reach the playoffs with this form!

Well we won promotion through the play off final as we comfortably beat Tamworth 3-1, we pretty much dominated from start to finish & they only posed a threat when switching to a 424 formation just before they scored, however they didn't create much else after they got there consolation goal. Really happy with my team and only feel I need to upgrade in 1 or 2 areas for next season, of course if some top quality players become available they will be approached.

Play off final

Player stats for the season

Transfer history for season

Ok, thanks. I might as well give it a shot for a while anyway as it'll be worth it. I live about 5 minutes walk away from the ground ;).

yer im not sayin its impossibel its just really really really unlikely altho if you holiday through 2 or 3 seasons they might have more chance of coming up at the 2nd or 3rd season

Well we won promotion through the play off final as we comfortably beat Tamworth 3-1, we pretty much dominated from start to finish & they only posed a threat when switching to a 424 formation just before they scored, however they didn't create much else after they got there consolation goal. Really happy with my team and only feel I need to upgrade in 1 or 2 areas for next season, of course if some top quality players become available they will be approached.

Play off final

Player stats for the season

Transfer history for season

congratz on promotion from the bsn good luck in bsp

Smithers - Oxford City - Blue Square South - 2010/11

An encouraging first season, significantly dampened by our atrocious form in the spring/summer where we won just 3 of our last 18 games. At our best we were playing like Arsenal, producing fast, fluid counter-attacks which tore the opposition apart; at our worst we were getting embarrassed by our Under 18s. Even so a safe mid-table position was better than I expected, as we were predicted 22nd, and if it wasn't for an incredibly unlucky dip in form, we could quite easily have challenged for the play-offs, seeing as we were 3rd in mid-January.

League Table

Changing Positions

FA Cup run - a competition I severely underestimated, and should have put a lot more effort towards. Our replay against Hemel Hempstead was a result of me playing my reserves, and because of the shortness between each game we weren't fit enough to recover.

FA Trophy run - the same can be said for this competition. Although the board didn't care what we achieved in it, I still feel I should have tried much harder.

Transfers - pretty much our whole first team comprised of new signings, who in general did fairly well. Standouts were Solomon Shields, Rossi Jarvis and Pavol Suhaj. I was disappointed to lose Craig Faulconbridge but I just couldn't meet his high wage demands.

Squad - my player of the season would have to be Solomon Shields, who was an absolute phenonemon in midfield scoring a load of outrageous goals, and creating many good chances too. Lee Steele did well up front, establishing a decent partnership with Pavol Suhaj, but it was defensively where we fell down. Turley made far too many mistakes, and the 2 full-backs Andrew Thomas and Sacha Opinel were responsible for conceding an excessive amount of penalties. Our centre-backs were decent, as was our midfield where the combination of 3 central-midfielders proved to be extremely effective early on in the season. Special praise must be given to Jermaine McSporran for being the only original member of the squad to regularly hold down a first-team place, and Ryan Jarvis for being nominated for Player of the Season.

Finances - high wages brought us further in debt as the season progressed, but thankfully the board began to regularly inject more cash to add a sense of stability. Friendlies, cup runs and sales will have to be used more effectively next season to remain in the black.

Aims for next season:

- primarily challenge for the play-offs; we proved we could do it this season, we just need that extra bit of quality, consistency and depth to stay at the top

- sort out the tactics / stop conceding so many goals - from the table it's obvious our principal problem is at the back, as only Thurrock let in more goals than us. Either the solution to this lies in the tactics or new players, but it's definitely an area to focus on.

- focus more on the cups, especially the FA Cup than the league

- get a decent parent club - although we've got Oxford Utd, and they've been promoted to League 2, we need a better team to utilise the loan deals.

- sell all the unneeded players who are increasing the wage bill

Getting promoted has helped me a great deal in signing a few players I have tracked all season, first in was goalkeeper Bo Antal who has been without a club all season since Watford released him. Also coming in was Troy Archibald-Henville who was also without a club all season after being released by Tottenham. I also snapped up French defender Vincent Fernandez just before the play offs after he became interested in signing for us, again he was without a club all season after being released by Blackpool. I have a couple of more targets but right now we are right upto our limit on wages so the board refuse anymore signings, a shame as a Bulgarian centre back who recently accepted a trial had also accepted a contract only for the board to cancel the deal, maybe next season ...

Does anyone make sure that all their players can play more than one position with accomplished for it?

I make sure I do to cover positions, and it can save money.

E.G one of my centre backs is a competent striker, so I am going to turn that into accomplished, as a defender/striker is decent to have.

You are doing pretty good Daf :thup:

This ending is more than exciting. im currently 8th im 3 points away from playoff spot, i have one game in hand and having no 19 home and 21 away for the last 2 games of the season!!!

I have not lost my last 6 games! fingers crossed that i reach the playoffs with this form!

I won the first game 5-1 and the next game ended 2-2 and we were terrible. So this season ended up with a 4th place(number 6. has as many points as me so very lucky) and a playoff spot !!

I wont be able to play the playoff for the next couple of hours, but ill get it done tonight together with my season summary

Stupid question but i have forgotten how to make a word clickible that sends you to a link, much like Carshalton in the post above

When you go to reply, click the world that has a paperclip on it after highlighting the text you wish to turn into a link.

Stupid question but i have forgotten how to make a word clickible that sends you to a link, much like Carshalton in the post above

From the opening post:

How to Add Links

At the top of the forum, go to 'quick links' then 'edit options'. At the bottom, select 'enhanced interface' and save the changes. This will give you access to the extra posting tools that make it easier to post links. Once you've done this, highlight the word you wish to turn into a link, then use the link button (looks like a little globe) to paste in the direct Url to your screenshot.

after a bad game at home in the Playoff semifinal where we only managed to draw 1-1 i was actually still confident that we would move on to the final Second leg as always we played much better away than home an we are in the finals!

The final will have to wait though, now i really need to get going :p

OK i have decided after 8 hours worth of reloads to go with Horsham so here is my new

If anyone is interested and tells me how i also have saves for the following teams

Horsham

Oxford

Billericay

FC United

Tooting & Mitcham

Tiverton

Nantwich

Guiseley

Bedford

And Canvey island

We are highly inconsistent. I think it is due to my tactics but we are great against strong teams and poor against weak teams. We have the 3rd best goal difference in the league but sit in 10th position.

Just beat the team in 1st 5-2 then followed it up with a 1-0 loss to the team in 23rd :mad:

Most people won't be able to help you with staff members Tugsafc as I imagine they can only find regens for the most part, my ass man is pretty rubbish in all honesty, infact the 2 coaches I have are dreadfull but nevermind when you get to league 2 things can really start to be sorted out

Hendon are 33/1 and rated as an outside chance for promotion, in reality my only aim this season is to avoid going back down again & I believe I have the quality to come mid table and possibly be near the play offs if everything goes well. If I could just find a real class defensive midfielder I'd be more confident but unfortunately the ones of ability I like just aren't interested in signing for Hendon just yet.

Archived