Postal Strikes, Orders Shipping, Steam, when will I get my game - OFFICIAL

Yay one of the two copies of FM I ordered from Zavvi arrived today, in a rather naff jiffy bag. The problem was who should have it me or my friend? Thankfully there was a compromise that left us both happy for the day, where I kept the instruction book and registered the game through steam, so not requiring the disc, and as he doesn't have an internet connection to register the game, I gave him the disc to play it.

When my copy arrives when ever it does I shall be keeping the disc and case from that, and giving him the instruction booklet from that one.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

huge shock, and this will upset a lot of european based people - the copy of FM10 I ordered off Zavvi on the 28th just turned up in my letterbox this morning - in New Zealand! (tuesday morning NZ time). Yay!

absolutely stoked - only problem is I'm going to have to wait at least 8 hours to play it, as I'm off to the races for the day!

Zavvi get two thumbs way, way, up from me!

Just ordered my copy of FM10 off Amazon, has anybody else purchased their copy off there? and did the postal strike effect the delivery in any way?

Thanks

Jordan.

Nah Amazon don't use Royal Mail. Well unless you chose Super Saver Delivery which I think they do use them for that. I ordered mine 1st class from Amazon and got it on release day via DHL.

huge shock, and this will upset a lot of european based people - the copy of FM10 I ordered off Zavvi on the 28th just turned up in my letterbox this morning - in New Zealand! (tuesday morning NZ time). Yay!

absolutely stoked - only problem is I'm going to have to wait at least 8 hours to play it, as I'm off to the races for the day!

Zavvi get two thumbs way, way, up from me!

Hope that means mine turns up in Oz today then..... Real Zeal, where in NZ are you, some city as your postal distribution?

Nah Amazon don't use Royal Mail. Well unless you chose Super Saver Delivery which I think they do use them for that. I ordered mine 1st class from Amazon and got it on release day via DHL.

Cheers, Yeah i used first class aswell. Ordered it tonight so should recieve it fairly quickly?

yeah... but being in Adelaide, I always get stuff a day after people in the Eastern states get there stuff... still anytime before the weekend and I'll be happy

From what i can work out is that Sydney is the main Distribution centre so depending on how long a letter takes from Sydney to you place should be the extra amount of time to wait, for Brisbane its a day, but as with you, by the weekend is fine by me

For all those who ordered via HMV "Priority Delivery" (some joke that), an update.

I received the email to say it had been dispatched on 27-10-09 and delivery expected 1-2 days via Parcelforce.

Until today, the tracking details refused to show any progress.

That is because the parcel only entered the mainland yesterday (2-11-09) and is out for delivery today.

If that is what HMV call Priority Delivery then I would hate to use the normal service.

I already bought a copy of FM10 from GAME store, so then one from HMV will be getting returned to them for a refund - they are not keeping my money for such shoddy service.

For all those who ordered via HMV "Priority Delivery" (some joke that), an update.

I received the email to say it had been dispatched on 27-10-09 and delivery expected 1-2 days via Parcelforce.

Until today, the tracking details refused to show any progress.

That is because the parcel only entered the mainland yesterday (2-11-09) and is out for delivery today.

If that is what HMV call Priority Delivery then I would hate to use the normal service.

I already bought a copy of FM10 from GAME store, so then one from HMV will be getting returned to them for a refund - they are not keeping my money for such shoddy service.

Exactly what I came on here to write.

I suggest anyone experiencing this calls and complains, I did and got my £3.50 for 'priority' delivery back.

thats 2 days in a row i've been buzzin about finally gettin to play it then been shot down in flames. seriously regret not just buying it from steam, i'll be downloading mine on steam anyway when it arrives. would have saved all this hassle for the sake of an extra £5!

I still haven't received mine in Belgium from Zavvi.

It was dispacthed on the 28, last Wednesday, and it usually take 3 days for orders to arrive here. I suppose that since there were two days of strike last week, I shouldn't expect it until tomorrow, maybe Thursday due to some backlog.

I still haven't received mine in Belgium from Zavvi.

It was dispacthed on the 28, last Wednesday, and it usually take 3 days for orders to arrive here. I suppose that since there were two days of strike last week, I shouldn't expect it until tomorrow, maybe Thursday due to some backlog.

I still didnt get mine here in Prague. I bought from HMV and it was dispatched on 27... :(

God, how dumb are Zavvi? I finally got a PROPER respons from them about my payment problem that kept coming back. So I contacted my bank and it turns out it has nothing to do with them but rather Zavvi never sent the CVC2 code back to the bank, making them rejecting the transaction! This little "ban" should be lifted today though so I can finally buy the thing. Suppose this is the first and last time I order from Zavvi...that is if the payment goes through this time.

God, how dumb are Zavvi? I finally got a PROPER respons from them about my payment problem that kept coming back. So I contacted my bank and it turns out it has nothing to do with them but rather Zavvi never sent the CVC2 code back to the bank, making them rejecting the transaction! This little "ban" should be lifted today though so I can finally buy the thing. Suppose this is the first and last time I order from Zavvi...that is if the payment goes through this time.

This is absolute nonsense, whoever told you this at the bank is telling porkies. You can debit a card without the 3 digit code from the back, it just wouldnt be secure so the bank would charge an extra 1% to the vendor to process it. Clearly nothing to do with Zavvi, banks lie when they make mistakes.

This is absolute nonsense, whoever told you this at the bank is telling porkies. You can debit a card without the 3 digit code from the back, it just wouldnt be secure so the bank would charge an extra 1% to the vendor to process it. Clearly nothing to do with Zavvi, banks lie when they make mistakes.

Well exactly, it isn't secure. That is the reason they are blocking the transaction. Usually when I shop online I would have to use a security code (other than the 3 digit from the card) in order to complete a transaction, this wasn't given to me when I pre-ordered the game from Zavvi, my guess it was because it didn't ask to withdraw money instantly maybe. But it still remains, Zavvi never sent the code from the back of my card back to the bank, so they were unwilling to let it pass. I've had NO problems ever in the past to shop from Swedish, UK or any other country...

Even Zavvi used the term "possible fraud activity" before I contacted my bank, meaning, the bank might be stopping the transaction cause they might assume it could be fraud. Especially when someone is trying to charge my card without the CV2 code.

Well mine was dispatched 5days ago and it's still not here yet. To top it all off, my mate(rival) who i play fm network with (rivals since champion manage 2 - 95/96 has been putting in some serious hours(60hrs) of practice. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I still haven't got a straight answer out of Parcel Force yet as to where my copy is. They claim to have delivered it on Thursday last week, but as far as I'm concerned, they didn't (I was in all day, and didn't hear a thing). Parcel Force apparently need to ask the driver what he's done with it, but wouldn't you know it, he's on annual leave til the end of the week... GRRRRRR!!!!

I can't really ask GAME (who I bought it from) to provide a replacement until I get confirmation from Parcel Force that they have definitely lost it.

In the meantime, I've been getting plenty of stuff asking me to pay bills and stuff. Why can't they be the ones that have been lost?

still havent got mine from Zavvi... would love it before the weekend.... dont like my chances.....

anyone in Australia lucky enough to get there's yet?

Got mine today from Zavvi. I'm in Sydney.

I only just moved back here after 3 years in Townsville. Hating the traffic but the shopping's good. I think it was FM08 that arrived a week late IN THE SHOPS up in Townsville.

It's more third world than Sheffield up there.

Archived