[Released] FM2010 Sound Pack

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How can I tell if I've installed it properly? Is there something that will stand out in this sound pack as compared to the one that comes with FM? I did not hear any PA announcement at all during a match. This was referred to in this thread. Anything else that I should be "listening" for?

You really need to watch extended ot a full match to get the full efect. Watching just key means that you miss most, if not all, of the new sounds.

If you don't hear tannoy announcements when a substitution is made (certainly on extended highlights, not sure about key highlights) - then you haven't installed it properly.

I must have spent hours wondering what language that announcement is made in. Do you know, Bennico?

No, have not heard any PA announcements on goals or substitutions. I don't think I installed it correctly as I am not that familiar with WINRAR. I even deleted the 09 version and the FM10 demo to start over from scratch. The reason I got rid of '09 was because I had WWSM09 (Yes, America) and the sounds seemed to be going to that folder instead of FM.

Going by the instructions in this thread, I did not get a "copy" option after right clicking on the highlighted items, events or default. I wound up dragging the folder from the sound pack to override the folder in FM. It did ask me if I wanted to overwrite the 80 files that were there, I said yes and proceeded to see that all 165 files (sound waves) are in the default folder. I did the same with events.

Tried to use the "extract" and the "wizard" but kept coming up with a wrong path.

Any thoughts?

If you don't hear tannoy announcements when a substitution is made (certainly on extended highlights, not sure about key highlights) - then you haven't installed it properly.

I must have spent hours wondering what language that announcement is made in. Do you know, Bennico?

It's just the language of muffledness :)

That would be a fantastic idea! I can't believe it never occurred to me! :rolleyes:

A close member of my family has spent the last month seriously ill in intensive care, but I really should sort my priorities out and get back to the sound pack, then no one would have to waste their time reading the topic for a fix to this life altering critical error.

In the small amounts of time I've had free to play the game lately, I have also noticed a few tweaks I wish to make to a couple of the sounds, and I will fix the issue you mention (which incidentally has still not even occurred for me yet) for Version 2, which will be released as soon as I can find the time, between work and family commitments.

Thank you. :)

Touchy aren't we?

I offered advice without emotion. I clearly do not know you so have no way of knowing your personal circumstances so no need for the attitude. Grow up.

I wish your family memebr all the best, get well soon.

• 2 weeks later...
is there anyway to change the volume of these sounds? or the sounds in fm?

Yeah in Preferences, under Display & Sound, there should be a slider adjusting the volume :thup:

anyone got the team and player chants working? Also, I tried to replace the FM_kickoff_whistle.wav with a different tune, started a new game, it played out perfectly in my first match ( an internal friendly match) and then in the following matches the sound just stopped to show up.. kinda weird...wondering if it has something to do with the sound cache...?

• 2 weeks later...

To those that have downloaded this pack, what type of difference is there compared to the original sounds? Are there more specific team and/or player chants?

Okay, guys I'm not 100% sure that this fixes the problem, but it should. I followed Nova's instructions on correcting the error (I only moved each 'sound file reference' to its own line) and uploaded it for anyone who wants it.

You can find the file for download here: [url=]http://www.4shared.com/file/154674186/b4527374/match_sounds_fixed_.html[/url]

Let me know whether it works for you or not.. :)

Btw, you need to use Winrar or any similiar application to extract the file.

Kind Regards

Albert

Has it fixed the problem?

Has it fixed the problem?

Not sure if that file fixes the problem, but by doing what Nova said

It sounds as if it is a Config Command String that is wrongly typed or placed - having just looked at the match_sounds config in Notepad i can confirm the error:

"MATCH_SOUNDS:: play()-Unrecognised sound id string-SOUND-LIGHT_GROANS-OPPOSITION"

Is because the Command String is NOT on its own line, they are side-by-side. This can cause errors, i noticed a few command lines are side-by-side, these must be on top of each other like:

SOUND_LIGHT_GROANS, "FM_crowd_light_groans", 0, 1, 2, 0

SOUND_LIGHT_GROANS_OPPOSITION, "FM_crowd_light_groans", 0, 4, 2, 0

Do this for ALL match_sounds in the config file that appear side-by-side. This should stop any errors poping up.

I did this myself and i have not had one crash or array out of bounds message since.(On all patches)

So yeah it fixes it. :D

I just wanted the poke my head in here and thank the OP for his work on the sound package. These kinds of efforts are great about the FM community :thup:

Btw, we're looking into adding support for multiple chants for individual teams for the next patch, so you can expand the sound packs to feature not just one chant per team but multiple different ones.

Was this implemented in the latest patch? And if so, will this pack be updated to take advantage of the change? Fingers crossed!!

how can i uninstall this? my game started being dumb after i installed this :(

Did you back up the default sounds/sounds config file before you installed the sound pack? Which was advised to do in the read me installation file.

If so just delete the Sound Folder/sounds config file, and put your default Sounds folder back there and Reload skin on confirm in the game and it should be back to the default sounds.

Thank you very much, there's nothing wrong with the sound but the game started switching to windowed mode by itself and it started giving me some weird warnings...

Yeah there is a problem with the config file, which was causing array out of bounds warnings. Mine went into window mode too everytime it did this.

Anyway Nova spotted the problem with this where you had to make a small change to the Config file and it sorted it. Some one as uploaded the fixed file so you don't have to fix it yourself.

If you install that, you should not have any more errors. :thup:

Hey, Great work mate thanks so much for that.

I just have a small question, in the matches even on full view all i seem to hear is the barmy army song and Your not singing anymore after a goal. Im doing a liverpool save so was wondering if you can change the frequency that the songs come in because hearing Liverpool Liverpool Liverpool would be great as it never seems to come up.

Cheers,

TRR

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone!

I'm new to the forum and tell them I do not speak Argentine then the English language very well. I wanted to ask if I can add songs to the fans in Argentina and if I can put advertisements while this game because I could see him out there. Thank you very much brothers. I expect quick response.

I want to know anything more if you can add songs, nothing more. It's simple. Thank you.

Ok, but I don't know the answer, no one else is replying to you, so maybe you should ask your question in the editors hideout as I suggested and gave you the link for.

I want to know anything more if you can add songs, nothing more. It's simple. Thank you.

Yes, you can add team chants and player chants. To do this you need to find out the Unique ID for the player or team you want to add a chant for.

To do this, on FM go into Prefrences/Display&Sound and tick 'show Unique IDs' and click confirm. The unique ID numbers for players and teams will be at the top of the screen, next to the team/player name.

The sound file needs to be a wav sound ".wav"

So if i wanted to add a team chant for Burnley(unique id 622) I would create a wav sound file ".wav" then rename the file "FM_tm_622".

Then drag that sound file into the sounds folder. (programfiles/SI/Fm2010/data/sounds/default)

Then open the 'match sounds.cfg' with notepad or word pad.(programfiles/SI/Fm2010/data/events/match sounds)

When you open it with Notepad, right down near the bottom of the file you will see some lines like this

SOUND_TEAM_CHANT, "FM_tm_603.wav", 0, 1, 2, 0

SOUND_TEAM_CHANT, "FM_tm_630.wav", 0, 1, 2, 0

SOUND_TEAM_CHANT, "FM_tm_650.wav", 0, 1, 2, 0

SOUND_TEAM_CHANT, "FM_tm_671.wav", 0, 1, 2, 0

SOUND_TEAM_CHANT, "FM_tm_676.wav", 0, 1, 2, 0

SOUND_TEAM_CHANT, "FM_tm_680.wav", 0, 1, 2, 0

SOUND_TEAM_CHANT, "FM_tm_688.wav", 0, 1, 2, 0

SOUND_TEAM_CHANT, "FM_tm_708.wav", 0, 1, 2, 0

SOUND_TEAM_CHANT, "FM_tm_713.wav", 0, 1, 2, 0

Just add a new line there, with the correct file name,so for Burnley i would add this line

SOUND_TEAM_CHANT, "FM_tm_622", 0, 1, 2, 0

Then click 'File/Save' at the top of Notepad and re-start FM, and at random points when you get a corner in the Match Engine you should hear your team chant. You don't hear that often, maybe once every 2 games or so.

For players its exactly the same as before, but you name your wav sound file

FM_pl_unique ID Number here

And add a line like this to the match sounds file

SOUND_PLAYER_CHANT, "FM_pl_unique id number", 0, 1, 2, 0

I'm not sure if the player chants work as i have not tried them, but if they do work, you should hear your player chant after that player as scored a goal...

Please do not make me Independent lines, Boca and River Plate of Argentina? Independent Id is 89 I think, after I make them I'll know how. Then I apply corresponding sounds

#

# CHANTS - Create a wav file of a generic chant for teams or players

# replacing the xxxx with the player or team id and it will play at

# appropriate moments during match play - eg "FM_tm_1100.wav" will play a chant

# for team id 1100.

#

SOUND_TEAM_CHANT, "FM_tm_602.wav", 0, 1, 2, 0 SOUND_TEAM_CHANT, "FM_tm_603.wav", 0, 1, 2, 0

SOUND_TEAM_CHANT, "FM_tm_713.wav", 0, 1, 2, 0 SOUND_TEAM_CHANT, "FM_tm_713", 0, 1, 2, 0

SOUND_TEAM_CHANT, "FM_tm_722.wav", 0, 1, 2, 0

SOUND_TEAM_CHANT, "FM_tm_602", 0, 1, 2, 0 SOUND_TEAM_CHANT, "FM_tm_603", 0, 1, 2, 0

SOUND_TEAM_CHANT, "FM_tm_630", 0, 1, 2, 0

SOUND_TEAM_CHANT, "FM_tm_650", 0, 1, 2, 0

SOUND_TEAM_CHANT, "FM_tm_671", 0, 1, 2, 0

SOUND_TEAM_CHANT, "FM_tm_676", 0, 1, 2, 0

SOUND_TEAM_CHANT, "FM_tm_680", 0, 1, 2, 0

SOUND_TEAM_CHANT, "FM_tm_688", 0, 1, 2, 0

SOUND_TEAM_CHANT, "FM_tm_708", 0, 1, 2, 0

#

SOUND_PLAYER_CHANT, "FM_pl_xxxx", 0, 1, 2, 0

#

Ah ok, i see what you mean. Yes so long as you have renamed the sound files for Boca and River Plate:

FM_tm_82
FM_tm_94

Then you would add these lines to the 'Match Sounds.cfg'

SOUND_TEAM_CHANT, "FM_tm_82", 0, 1, 2, 0

SOUND_TEAM_CHANT, "FM_tm_94", 0, 1, 2, 0

Like this

#

# CHANTS - Create a wav file of a generic chant for teams or players

# replacing the xxxx with the player or team id and it will play at

# appropriate moments during match play - eg "FM_tm_1100.wav" will play a chant

# for team id 1100.

#

SOUND_TEAM_CHANT, "FM_tm_616", 0, 1, 2, 0

SOUND_TEAM_CHANT, "FM_tm_622", 0, 1, 2, 0

SOUND_TEAM_CHANT, "FM_tm_602.wav", 0, 1, 2, 0

SOUND_TEAM_CHANT, "FM_tm_603.wav", 0, 1, 2, 0

SOUND_TEAM_CHANT, "FM_tm_713.wav", 0, 1, 2, 0

SOUND_TEAM_CHANT, "FM_tm_713", 0, 1, 2, 0

SOUND_TEAM_CHANT, "FM_tm_602", 0, 1, 2, 0

SOUND_TEAM_CHANT, "FM_tm_603", 0, 1, 2, 0

SOUND_TEAM_CHANT, "FM_tm_630", 0, 1, 2, 0

SOUND_TEAM_CHANT, "FM_tm_650", 0, 1, 2, 0

SOUND_TEAM_CHANT, "FM_tm_671", 0, 1, 2, 0

SOUND_TEAM_CHANT, "FM_tm_676", 0, 1, 2, 0

SOUND_TEAM_CHANT, "FM_tm_680", 0, 1, 2, 0

SOUND_TEAM_CHANT, "FM_tm_688", 0, 1, 2, 0

SOUND_TEAM_CHANT, "FM_tm_708", 0, 1, 2, 0

#

SOUND_PLAYER_CHANT, "FM_pl_xxxx", 0, 1, 2, 0

#

Ah ok, i see what you mean. Yes so long as you have renamed the sound files for Boca and River Plate:

Then you would add these lines to the 'Match Sounds.cfg'

Like this

Thank You!!

Emmm, FM_tm_89

FM_tm_89.wav??

Or no?

If you have named the sound file

FM_tm_89.wav

Then you would use

SOUND_TEAM_CHANT, "FM_tm_89.wav", 0, 1, 2, 0

But if you have a wav sound, and you have renamed it

FM_tm_89

The you would add the line

SOUND_TEAM_CHANT, "FM_tm_89", 0, 1, 2, 0

The reason some of the lines in the match sounds.cfg have .wav at the end of the file name,

is because the creater of the sound pack as named some of the sound files with .wav at the end of the sound file names.

By adding .wav to the end of file, this does not change the file to a wav sound, you need to use a audio editor to convert the file from mp3 to wav..

The sound chant will only play if its a wave sound.

45217127.jpg

Archived