All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Have been playing other games for the past few weeks and when I come back to FM, I had the same question. Thank you for this post. And thank you for your answer.
  3. Tuesday 13th January 2032 Viking Board | Expectations | Youth Recruitment -- Board Expectations -- -- Youth Recruitment
  4. Tuesday 13th January 2032 New Eliteserien Season -- -- 2032 Season - Eliteserien Preview -- Viking's Fixtures (in full)
  5. @_JHTB_ more good success, what formation are you playing? You seem to be getting a lot of goals from it, something i cant manage with a world class striker.
  6. A combination of things, mostly: - Reporting bias: You're more likely to report frustrations rather than joy. Or in other words: You winning the EPL with Luton first season is a reason of joy (and not a possible game flaw). But you conceding off few shots is immediately foul at play. - Match engine not being actual football, but an approximization. - AI match management trying to replicate actual managers, but also not being the "real thing". On older releases, even top teams would often "park the bus" from kick-off, leading to more statistically one-sided matches all by itself -- thus increasing the number of matches where a team eventually scores from few shots all by itself. You can't avoid that entirelly. Every shot, however poor, is a chance at a goal. Probabilities and all. Even on releases where it was super easy to completely dominate the pitch and possession, you're going to concede at some point. Opposition may be awarded a few set pieces still every other match -- and by match day 7, 8, 9, it would happen: goal. - More importantly though: Actual managers eventually adapting -- and not letting 11 out of 11 players bomb forward 24/7 whilst belting continue to get to the end results ASAP. My point still stands: Anybody of this who cannot do this to the AI ever is a bad player. Anybody who sees these perceived anomalies more in own results than in AI managed top teams, is a bad player (or in the best of cases triggering a marking bug the AI doesn't). The notion that the AI were cheating needs to be challenged at any point. Because if it were to improve to challenge the better players , the "cheating claims" would be all over the place. And the "Anomalies" happening even moreso. Imagine AI managers being able to "read" where the space to exploit is in the match play, visibly, same as a better player can. And there's always gonna be space for as long as it's not possible to cover every inch of the pitch at all times (which it isn't in-game also). In theory, an AI aware of the space inside the ME would be possible, as SI could code the AI to "read" the positional heatmaps in a match analysis. That'd be good for the better players. But would make everybody claiming to be cheated quit the game and never come back as a paying customer. So a no-go for SI. Good for some. Bad for others.
  7. It may also not be that the PA is wrong (although it probably is and often relates to their initial CA or personality i think). It could also be that the distribution of attibutes for those players is just right for the roles played and makes them better players than ones with higher PA. I have had players with 2.5 stars who are more consistant with higher ratings then others with 3.5-4 stars, usually with my ass man telling me to sell them as they are not good enough!
  8. As I said above, there is a file that limits banned names, but if the user has removed it, then things can happen. If the user haven't, then this is a candidate to be added to that list. (Unless that name is plausible for Dutch people, hell they have Jizz Hornkamp and Tiny Cox as examples of a names that doesn't ring well in English....)
  9. It restricts what team a human manager can manage. If you don't want any restrictions, select "All". Do note that the leagues loaded will also affect this, so you can't manage in a league you haven't loaded. I think it's mostly used for network saves where you want to restrict everyone to a certain country.
  10. Hello, Just after some advice please as to how long the pentagon challenge can roughly take to complete. Conscious that we are now half way through May and it’s not something I want to leave unfinished before FM25 is released. Really want to avoid a situation where I have not completed the challenge but FM25 is on the horizon. Any help is much appreciated.
  11. Agree. Both cartoonish faces and ridiculous names are bad. (Yes, we can use AI faces and edit names but we shouldn't have to compensate for such low standards).
  12. Dec 1st 2030 We're getting closer to what's sure to be a pretty eventful winter transfer window, so the board decide to give us an early Christmas gift and add €3M to our transfer budget, raising it to almost €33M. Nothing too big, but every little bit helps. * * * 1.FSV Mainz 08 (12th) vs. TSV 1860 München (3rd) (Bundesliga, 13/34) Entering the final month of the year with a game against a team we seem to love drawing against. Four of our last five meetings have ended tied, which shows how much trouble they usually give us. Doesn't help that they have two ex-Lions in their squad with Da Silva and Maldini, although the latter will miss out today due to injury. On the other hand we haven't lost against them in eight games, so there's that too. A toughie, but one we should win regardless if we're to keep pace with Bayern and Dortmund. * * * MAINZ (4-2-3-1): Senne Lammens (GK); Joe Scally (DR), Alejandro Valle (DCr), Mathias Farnes Gabrielsen (DCl), Joao Conceiçao (DL); Bledian Krasniqi (MCr), Florent Da Silva (MCl); Tanguy Coulibaly (AMR), Joni Zakashvili (AMC), Noel López (AML); Alessio Besio (ST) 1860 MÜNCHEN (4-1-3-2): Tom Kretzschmar (GK); Lukas Hauptmann (DR), Niklas Lang (DCr), Arnau Casas (DCl), Alex Ball (DL); Thiago (DM); Maximilian Schulze (MCr), Juan David Palomeque (MC), Matías Miranda (MCl); Rodrigo Caraballo (STr), Vedat Özcan (STl) * * * The players look really up to it today, and within seconds Caraballo is already trying to get a shoot in from close following a great low cross by Schulze, only to see it blocked and cleared away by Valle. Another play down the right flank ends in a header by unlikely target Miranda and a good flight by Lammens to claim the ball, and in the 8th minute we change sides so Ball can cross towards Schulze's head, prompting another save by the keeper. We're looking really good going forward today, though, and our high pressing is helping us recover possession very quickly. Nine minutes in we generate danger again, this time with a through ball by Caraballo that Özcan wastes with a wide finish. One minute later another rush through the center ends with Özcan shooting straight into Lammens' hands, and then a low cross by Palomeque leads to a narrowly wide finish by Schulze. It's a miracle we haven't scored yet, but that ends in the 16th minute: forward pass by Özcan towards Caraballo, the false nine drops to the right side of the box, then crosses low so Palomeque can tap it in easily and finally give us the lead. Two minutes later Hauptmann finds Caraballo again in a very similar position and although his cross is deflected away by Lammens this time it doesn't go too far, since Palomeque gathers it and passes it into the net to complete a quickfire brace. We don't stop there, though, and in the 20th Valle has to rush to clear the ball off the line after Schulze lobs it over the keeper in a one-on-one situation. We do slow down things a tad afterwards, though, keeping control of the game but being a bit more cautious going forward now. Mainz don't seem to have an answer to us today, and time passes as we keep hold of the ball and wait for another chance to open up. It finally comes in the 37th, with Miranda finding Palomeque's run through the center and only Lammens' timely save preventing a hattrick for the midfielder. The keeper has more work to do four minutes later, first blocking a powerful header by Schulze, then stretching his body to stop Özcan's finish on the bounce, and finally tipping over Casas' header in the corner kick that follows. Fourth time's the charm, though, and with the defense trying to get out of the cave Miranda recovers the ball and crosses towards the far post so Özcan can head it in unopposed and score the third. But one minute later Kretzschmar makes an uncharacteristic mistake when starting play, passing it to an unaware Lang and allowing Noel López to steal it, combine with Besio, and easily finish to make it 1-3 in Mainz's first chance of the game. Then, in injury time, Ball goes two-footed on Scully to try and win the ball back and the referee doesn't hesitate to show him the red card. Javorcic quickly replaces Caraballo, and what had been complete domination and a result to match suddenly looks very different. HALF TIME - 1-3 And it gets worse: two minutes into the second half Coulibaly goes down inside the box while chasing what looks like an inconsequential cross, and VAR cuts in to point out a push by Javorcic: penalty kick, and Coulibaly himself buries it from the spot. Now things do look quite worrying indeed. We still create sparks whenever we're allowed to go on the attack, though, and in the 54th it's Javorcic who finds Schulze completely unmarked with a cross from the left, although the midfielder can't find a way past Lammens in the end. Neither does Miranda with a direct free kick two minutes later, but at least we're now controlling possession and keeping the ball away from our goal, which is the objective. Meunier and Neves give us some oxygen in midfield after replacing Schulze and Miranda, both tired and likely to start again in three days against Augsburg. We keep the ball and let the clock tick the minutes away for a while, with Mainz showing little to no intention of contesting our ten-men domination. Their next chance doesn't arrive until the 78th, a good passing play that ends with Krasniqi breaking into the box but failing to produce a credible finish, making it easy for Kretzschmar. The keeper also does well to block a more dangerous finish by Noel López three minutes later, then Casas blocks a dangerous attempt inside the box by Coulibaly. We're finally being put under real pressure, but thankfully it ends there: the final ten minutes plus injury time bring no further scares, and we manage to stumble our way past the finish line with our lead still alive. * * * 1.FSV Mainz 08 2 (Noel López 43, Tanguy Coulibaly 47p) TSV 1860 München 3 (Juan David Palomeque 16 18, Vedat Özcan 42, Alex Ball sent off 45+1) - - - Man, we sure love making things interesting, huh. A game that seemed to be headed towards an easy 0-4 or 0-5 demolition after forty minutes suddenly turned into a grindfest due to three almost consecutive brain malfunctions by our defense. We responded well in the second half and kept Mainz mostly out of the game despite being down a player, but seriously, let's not do this again. Ever.
  13. Today
  14. Pre season friendlies are rarely a good hint on how the team is performing. I try and offer my thoughts: on first sight it looks straight forward and like a good setup but if I imagine the roles and where they are, when play breaks down the issues are really difficult. Both WB(A) are pushing forward in a line of four with the forwards, the DLF(A) is dropping into AM but will drive forward again as soon as possible. The AP(S) is the only central player offering passing options. The BWM will be an option at times but he will be out of position a lot as he is charging opponents. the DM(S) will be an option behind. You want to play in a midblock and charge forward as soon as you win the ball but I don’t see that happen because when you retreat into a midblock, two strikers, both WB and the BWM at times will be out of position. you need to cast a web of players which makes it very hard for the opponent to penetrate into final area. maybe a DM and two central players are a better option, maybe dialing down the WB is an option too. maybe WB(S/D) and an attacking MC like a mezzala or MC(A) and a DLF(S) could help to bring more out of the shape.
  15. FM23* Deportivo Armenio Season 2 – 2024 – First Division Surprisingly good and surprisingly unlucky second season. Let’s dive in The season preview said that we would finish dead last with 1000-1 odds of winning the title. As a dumb man once said, so you are saying there is a chance. The season started with the league cup. Going into it I thought we would struggle with relegation in the league, so I decided to keep rotating in the league cup, making sure everyone is as fit and as happy as possible. And then we started winning games, ten in total out of the 14 we played, beating even the great River . Got my hopes up, thought that we would get a legit trophy in our first season as topflight club. And you can guess what happened. We lost on penalties in the first playoff round after having like 2 xG. Good performance in the League Cup led to a new contract! And I also rejected Argentinos Jrs. Our start was brilliant, with a win against Boca . They really screwed up their preseason, playing with low sharpness against us. Throughout the league season, especially in the ringer that was August we kept performing well. We stayed up in the league without any issues, finishing 11th. I should be happy with that, especially since that guarantees continental football (money+rep boost), but we could have finished higher. The xG gods were not on our side. We conceded 36 goals while our xG against was 26. This was really apparent towards the end of the season, the last 5 or 6 games when every time a team had a highlight it was a goal. With more luck next year and internal growth, I could see us crack 50 points and potentially sneak into Libertadores. Hopefully games like this won’t happen that often next season As is tradition in the Argentine calendar, the first bit of big news we get is the Youth Preview. Similar to last year we were promised a total of 3 really talented players. While its always great to get really talented strikers and wingers, since their usually fetch the biggest sale values, I was really looking forward to a young and talented GK, since my two first team GKs are both 2,5 stars. But four months later, it was a bit of a different story. From the intake we got, there are 4 players that are really (based on the PA projections) worth talking about. Two elite talents were Lucas Barone and Roberto Dahan . Barone is most likely the promised elite winger, eventho is natural position is a striker. My Staff also see him as a winger on attack and its easy to see ways, technically and physically gifted with poor finishing, he is much more suited to beating his man and crossing it. Will need to improve his anticipation so he doesn’t stray offside all the time. Half Argentine and Half Israeli, Dahan is a versatile prospect with a lot of upside. He can already play three positions and has the broad attribute spread to contribute to all three of them once he develops. Currently being trained as a AMC on Attack. Fairy determined personality is ok, but the training scores are in the 9s and I’m optimistic he can fulfill his potential. We also got two top talents in Luciano Vitiello and Leonardo Suarez. Our half Italian goalkeeper looks like your run of the mill sticks to the line goalkeeper. I prefer a sweeper with good distribution, but he is really turns out to be a 4 star or better player I would be very happy to make the switch. Suarez is such a weird player. Given his professional nature, I’m sure he will fulfill his potential. But most of the attributes look really poor. Twenty-one of them are 5 or below! But he will be an absolutely amazing dribbler. Hopefully he turns into a rotation option inverted winger who just dribbles a lot, gets fouled around or inside the box and makes the easy pass to the open man. If not, he can switch to futsal. The leading scorer was once again Pio Bonacci with 16 goals. Most creative player was Luis Olmedo my starting MR, who had 9 assists, one assist more than last year’s leader Rios. My starting Mezzala Nicholas Sanchez was the best rated player with 7.19 I have two big focuses for the next, my third season with the club. The first is to give all my attention and focus to the Copa Sudamericana. I want to try and win it because the winner gets a total of 8 million euros, with the majority of that being the reward for the winner (5 mil). I know it’s a long shot, but it’s the best option I currently have to get out of the red financially. The first division has helped, and the board keep injecting cash, but we are still around 2 million in the red. This means that no upgrades are available. The second focus are Gustavo Marchesin and Martin Estevez. The latter was at the club when I joined. I didn’t pay too much attention since he was a 3,5 star potential. But he really improved. Currently a 2,5 CA in multiple roles both as MR and MC, with a 5 star PA which he could realistically hit if he keeps improving like he has so far. A very technical, talented passer with great natural fitness and aggression, fine mentals and average at best physicals, he could be the starting Mezalla for a few years to come. Marchesin replaces Nakache as my backup right winger. The most talented player of our first intake is already a 2,5 CA winger and youngest player to ever make an appearance for the club. He featured in the first team last season making 9 appearances for us, mostly in the League Cup. I plan to give them 20-30 minutes every time we have a favorable result and start them whenever the regulars aren’t available. Given their personalities and our improved coaching staff, I am very hopeful that they will become starter caliber players by the end of the season.
  16. I’m guessing that you have a higher reputation, therefore he expected you to pay more, plus Elche most likely offered a higher squad status I’d post it in the bug forum, it’s hard to see how that is working as intended.
  17. This is brilliant. The range of different ways people play FM is awesome.
  18. Season 2040/41 - Macclesfield FC - Championship A season back in the Championship was always going to be interesting to see if we were good enough to bounce back. It took a while before we found our groove and were hovering just outside the play offs for the first quarter of the season. We then hit some strong form around the midpoint of the year and hit top of the table however there were a lot of come from behind nuggety wins that werent all that deserved. Once we hit top, our form slowly dwindled and the question was then are we going to hold on to second spot. Our last 9 games of the season went like this LWDLLDLWL which meant we finished 4th. On the final day, we played Sunderland and were second by 1 point over them and West Ham. A draw wouldnt have been enough as West Ham won their game, but we also got smashed 4 - 0. We played Leicester away in the first Semi Final leg and lost that 2 - 0 and were looking all but out. However the home leg we rallied, with Andrew Rees 31D scoring a brace in the 10th and 14th minutes before getting injured for 4 weeks 5 minutes later. We scored a third just after the break to book ourselves a spot in the final, a remarkable turnaround after a disastrous couple months. A final against a West Ham team that we had lost twice two in the season with an aggregate score of 8 - 4. Make that 3 losses in the season with an aggregate of 10 - 4 as we didnt give the best account for ourselves in the final. We improved training facilities to reach Superb level, but kept getting knocked back to improve further and we finally hit Youth Rating 1 (after the intake came in). We were also taken over which didnt really impact us at all and the kept me in the top job so no issue there. At the end of the season, we moved into our new 21k capacity stadium, a couple weeks later they decided to expand the stadium by a further 6.5k seats and will be ready towards the start of the season which is great. We also had our first player poached from our youth squad - more upset about not having 'the tickler' in the squad Youth Preview Was not overwhelmed by the preview Youth Intake Was not overwhelmed by the intake either. Really not getting the talent coming through the club which will impact us soon Tommy Johnson 41A is the top of his class and hopefully he can develop into a first team player in the future. I will give him the time to develop as he is quite raw still. Fairly Sporting is not a great personality tho. Luke Ponde 41B is an aggressive tackling defender but is mentally weak with low determination. Willie Anderson 41B is probably the player that has more of a chance of playing first team football in the future. Lots of pace, good heading and good head on his shoulders for a 15yo.
  19. what does it fully do, (can't find much/anything online) if it works how I think is there a way to set it to multiple countries or leagues.
  20. Thanks guys. Yes, it is total madness! Poland was actually 2nd in the coefficient rankings for the season, which gave us an extra team qualifying for Europe this season! But even though we have 5 teams qualify for Europe, Legia were so poor that they missed out (by a point ). And Śląsk Wrocław were relegated! Just a crazy season overall.
  21. Haukar - Icelandic First Division (Season 4) Interesting season this was. We rotated a the squad a lot more this season than I did in the previous ones. We didn't make the promotion playoffs but we won the Icelandic Cup which means we're qualified for the European Conference Cup next season. Hopefully that means we'll make some money, we need it. Transfers: Youth Intake: Best new youth player: Next season's goal is the same as always, promotion.
  22. Yesterday
  23. January 2028 A long, tough month to start the new year as we played 8 games in four competitions: But first, transfer business... there was none. Media gossip about interest in our players came to nothing, no bids were received. And since no players left, we had no need - and no registration room - to bring in anyone else. On the pitch, we continued our imperious unbeaten run in the league - four games played, four games won, 10 goals scored, two conceded. We came close to an upset in the Supercopa, narrowly losing to Barcelona, and avoided an upset in the Copa del Rey as we crushed Mercia on their own turf. The Champions League was rather more interesting. A visit from Italian giants Inter had the potential to be a defeat but the visitors seemed only to have the ambition of not losing as they played virtually the whole match in a defensive stance. Fortunately, two goals in four minutes in the final quarter-hour gave us the win we deserved. Despite our excellent form, I fully expected us to return from Liverpool empty-handed but once again the team showed character and twice came from behind to secure a draw. We also had a good chance to win it in the final minutes as we found our DM Barranechea on the edge of the Liverpool box. He controlled it well, took a moment to steady himself, and smashed his shot against the post. Since we had already qualified for the Round of 16, I could afford to be philosophical about the miss. I've lost track of where our unbeaten run stands but it's probably around 60 games without defeat now, and the loss to Barcelona in the Supercopa is our only defeat of the season in any competition. In Europe we're not quite as convincing, as evidenced by draws against Juventus, Spurs and Liverpool. We continue to spread the goals around the squad - we've scored 64 goals in 21 league matches, and Strand Larsen is still our top scorer with 9. I have no idea how long we can keep it going, but we'll do our best.
  24. Season 2024 / 25 - 2. Bundesliga July 2024 So technically we had our first game of the season at the end of July and with a threadbare squad I was worried, especially given we were away to recently relegated Heidenheim. Incredibly we took the lead through Ravaglioli and held on until half time. Absolute scenes. However, second half they absolutely battered us and levelled it up on 55 mins. Just as we'd looked to have done enough to hang on a winner five minutes from the end gave the home side a deserved win but we'd put a good account in. I think my assistant summed it up well enough with this little gem in game: No kidding. His position should probably be the bench at this level. August 2024 Transfers Thankfully we did manage to get these lot in after the opener against Heidenheim: Unbelievably, we actually paid a fee for a player and signed two strong looking defensive players with Premier League pedigree. What is happening! Permanent Deals Cheikhou Kouyaté (free) looked like he'd be a great defensive screen and was really pleased to get him in; was one of those signings that happened thanks to a player / coach role. David Karavatakis (£7.5k). We actually paid a team a fee for a player. Whilst checking out some of the Oceanic u21 squads Karavatakis caught my eye as he was wanted by a couple of clubs; then saw he had a release fee clause of £7.5k. Actually looked like he had a bit of potential as well and would definitely do a job in our team at the moment. Eliaquim Mangala (free) was another one that would give us great experience and quality in the team. I felt it was key to get some old heads in amongst the young loan squad we had built. Loans Yacine Chaib was signed a bit blind as he was a French u21 international in their first team. I was hoping for a bit more quality but he'd do. Francis Onyeka looked like he'd really develop into a top player but to be honest he was another that didn't look quite up to the mark for the second tier at this stage. John Mellberg was one I'd been keeping an eye on and having seen (and managed him) before was happy to pick him up as a good CB option. Johaneko Louis-Jean was another blind one from the French u21. Not a huge wage but there was a fee to be paid to supplement his loan. Not hugely excited by him but we had to chance it on a few of these players given there isn't enough money to even scout in some cases. Dane Scarlett was a really interesting one. The Spurs youngster had been hailed as a huge prospect a couple of years back but hadn't really kicked on yet. Given we had no loan fee to pay we'd take a chance. Kian Fitz-Jim. Really liked this one, he's versatile and has been another player I've really got a tune out of in recent FM games. Elione Fernandes-Neto looked class and would help us shore things up as a ball winner in the middle. Was really looking for a replacement for Rzatkowski and hopefully he'd fit the bill. Christian Cugnata was another blind punt at full back and again as per the theme, didn't fill me with confidence as a first team option. Last one in was Felix Hagmann who was cheap enough (wage wise) and was importantly another body at full back to give a bit of depth. Results Paderborn at home showed the gulf in class; we were properly second best and it was youth prospect Faruk Esmeray who got our consolation. We then proceeded to beat top flight Werder Bremen in the DFB Pokal; Ejaria and Canpolat put us ahead and despite being absolutely roasted all game the visitors could only pull one back and we'd made it through to the next stage! Karlsruhe was a hard fought game and we went ahead on 53 mins thanks to a Zeroli header from a pinpoint Canpolat (better stop slating him) delivery. Unfortunately the vistors equalised on 86 mins and we'd missed a great chance to get our first win of the league season. St Pauli was a rollercoaster. Home side looked in control at 1-0 but Ravaglioli and Canpolat scored late on to give us the lead and what looked likely the win. 93rd minute, sloppy defensive play and Eggestein slotted home the equaliser. Kaiserslautern was the third draw in a row where we'd conceded another late goal but this one needs a bit more detail. I have no idea how we even held on as long as we did but after two red cards in the first half we played most of the game with 9 men. Cracking point in the circumstances. Table Squad, Thoughts and Predictions A lot of positives in the opening few games despite not managing to get a first league win. We'd had to forge a whole new squad together and most of them were loans in giving us a feel of a Watford side before the English loan system got tightened up. Squad (end of August 2024 window) Starting eleven (end of August 2024 window) We'd go with a positive approach but a little more conservative with Kouyate as the DM / Anchor. We could switch up as games went on to a more 4-2-3-1 setup should there be an opportunity to seize goals in a game but we had to accept we'd be second best in a lot of these fixtures and had to setup accordingly. Predictions (2024/2025 season) The bookies had us down as relegation certainties but I'd be hopeful of dodging the relegation mix-up altogether. Hopeful was probably the key word there. My Prediction: 15th Place Media Prediction: 18th Place
  25. It's all explained here There was also a cut off date too iirc
  1. Load more activity