Sports Interactive Community

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Nice one! You must've been buzzing off of a late league win like that!
  3. Closing this, because OP has had several threads on this already.
  4. Das kann natürlich verschiedene Gründe haben. I denke aber es ist schlicht so, dass das Netzwerkmodul vor 20 Jahren noch ganz anders programmiert war und es auf neuen Geräten nicht mehr läuft.
  5. Care to add anything more than that?
  6. My previous Sunderland save. In season 1 I stumbled on a newgen GK who my scouts rated as being League 1 standard already at only 16 years of age and with potential to improve massively. I snapped him up, threw him straight in to the first team and he did the job brilliantly. Two years and two promotions later we were in the Premiership and he was still my first choice, he kept on improving and my coaches opinion on his potential kept on improving. At this point he was rated as being a decent premiership player and with potential to improve much further. The thing is that by this point he was starting to attract attention from a host of big clubs and he was getting a bit unhappy with staying at the club. However when we were in the Championship I signed him to a 4 year contract and so whether he liked it or not he was staying until a club met his £80m release clause! The problem that I was of course going to run in to was that if nobody met it then he wasn't likely to sign a new contract and I would lose him on a free but I decided to take that gamble. I figured that if we did well then we could push up the league far enough that when he was in his final year he would be happy to sign a new contract, and we did really damn well. Survived comfortably in year 1, mid-table in year 2 and in year 3, the final year of his contract, we were pushing for a Champions League spot and I was planning to start contract negotiations when he had about 7 months left on his contract, leave him as much time as possible to see that the club could match his ambition but sign him up again before any other club could make a move and offer him a contract. Now for the screw up... When January rolled around I was pretty much just skipping through between games, I wanted to finish the season and was holidaying between matches. One day I arrive back for a match and when skipping through the news saw that Arsenal had a bid accepted for him and he'd agreed to join them. As his contract was near an end his value was plummeting and my assistant had accepted an offer of £7m! A player who had previously been valued at around £35m, with a release clause of £80m and who was the best player in my team by a country mile sold for £7m. I rage quit the save and started a new game. Two things that make it even worse. 1) After I quit that save I went and loaded a slightly earlier save from a few weeks before, and found out that at that point he was happy to sign a new contract so I could have easily wrapped him up with a new deal. 2) I checked his PA. It was 184. So I lost a keeper who had the potential to be one of the best in the world for bloody £7m.
  7. I've found lowering my macbook's resolution has helped HUGELY - not perfect but it works as a short-term fix
  8. Interesting topic and one that has me stumped. Having grown up through so many managerial masterclasses I can find admiration through most ranging from Mourinho to Keegan tbh. If I had to pick a few it'd be a quad-brid (ah new word) between Mourinho, Benitez, Klopp and Guardiola. I think they've had the most influence on myself tactically. No matter what club I am at I can draw inspiration from those managers.
  9. Saudi Persistence After bids from Al-Hilal and Al-Nassr made big bids for Haynes and Pesir, they changed player once again as Al-Hilal stuck in a bid for Karikari. Of course I'm going to reject it, he's worth more than the money being offered to me in terms of his nationality (Ghanaian) and position he plays (DM). Ultimately if he, Haynes and Pesir want more money, that's not a problem as I can offer them up to just over £40k per week if I need to.
  10. Hi there! First of all, I love the skin. I was wondering if there's some way to display the flags only in certain places like player nationality (every place that displays the player's nationality), nation information (but not in places like next match or fixtures), etc. I want the other places to have the FA logo which I have from a logopack. Also weirdly the Netherlands and Gibraltar have a logo instead of a flag in some places and I can't seem to change that.
  11. 2026/27 End of Season Review Only two other teams finished with a positive goal difference, and it was only with +1 & +2 GD! Overall Best XI 2026/27 Best XI Farouk Origi (YP2a) Hugo Ndikumana - Mark Odula (YP7b) - Bineyam Bertrand (YP6n) - Emmanuel Mbakiyé (YP3e) Khalid Nouruddin Ndayisenga (Y Cécé Nkurunziza (YP6a) - Israel Ayele (YP2p) Ashenafi Aubert (YP8c) Bernard M'Banza (YP8a) Abdulkadir Ahmed Onyango (YP5a)
  12. How do you justify many of the other individual training focuses if that's the case?
  13. Ole Gunnar Solskjær. No, just kidding ;P, My manager idols are Klopp and SAF.
  14. More players leaving the club with the most notable one being Morris who was our starting goalkeeper in the last three editions. We now have 3 decent young Gk so decided to give them a chance and cash in on the player.
  15. I don't see hows that's relevant information for our gaming experience, but I guess FM needs to align to the political correctness promoted by the ministry of truth. Oh well, back to regular footballing business.
  16. Even more insane is that table. Win 50% of games and take title. Look at Bayern down in 8th. Wacky season indeed with an exciting finish no doubt
  17. Maybe someone else who plays fm18 could try your save to see if they experience the same (I don't).
  18. Can I please get some feedback on this one. Thanks!
  19. Same, within matches still unplayable even at very low, hope we get a fix soon
  20. Think it would be helpful if more intelligence could be applied to financial state if club. Most of reports in financial section seem vague. Would be nice if you had ability to identify key areas that can be improved upon. to boot, a locked staff member who could offer more analysis on situation. ”stop adding appearance fees in contracts. We spent $x this month in that area.”
  21. Hey Guys, Still waiting a solution, any news or at least a prevision fix to become FM playable again? After Winter Update, Mac users are more time facing lagging and problems than enjoying Winter Transfer Database... This is sad. Thanks,
  22. I am sure SI do their best to solve the issue, but I don't like the lack of information and communication. They just ignore messages from us, that don't see any improvement with the beta patch.
  23. Surely that argument applies to a lot of the individual focus options? Corners? Passing? Attacking movement? End of the day practice will never be the same as a match. You can of course still improve at Crossing, Dribbling, even Heading at least as much as you can the other options available. It's a poor design decision to leave several of them out.
  24. I can't help feeling we've had this debate before. In fact, we've had it more than once. We've certainly had it at least three times. The truth of the matter is that some player attributes cannot physically be trained alone. Dribbling around a bunch of cones serves no real purpose. Neither does crossing to a penalty area full of cardboard cutouts, or adapting a tennis ball launcher to train up your heading. If you want to work on a player's dribbling, crossing, heading, whatever... you can tailor your training schedules to work on that. For example, I noticed recently that some of my defensive players were lacking composure, so I set my training schedules up to work a bit more on this aspect of their game (plus some other relevant mental attributes). The changes weren't dramatic, obviously, but I could still see they were having a positive effect. Though changing your mind will be nigh on impossible, I'd like you to - at the very least - see where some of us are coming from, and move on. I'm sure none of us really want to be debating this again two or three months from now.
  1. Load more activity
  • Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?