Official Oxford United Thread: 8.0.2

dexta200

Originally posted by jaaaws:

when did you all sign seyfo soley? it seems impossible for me to sign him in the 1st tranfer window of the 1st season. my wage budget is around €2.1k, he is always demanding about €2.7k - 2.9k/w.

Offer him a trail first and then when he comes offer him contract. He will want about 1.1k, He did with me anyways.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Craig_R.U.F.C:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jaaaws:

when did you all sign seyfo soley? it seems impossible for me to sign him in the 1st tranfer window of the 1st season. my wage budget is around €2.1k, he is always demanding about €2.7k - 2.9k/w.

Offer him a trail first and then when he comes offer him contract. He will want about 1.1k, He did with me anyways. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's exactly how I signed him too. A very good deal.

As promised here is my transfers for the new season but only so far

but first here is the league table

leaguesm1.jpg

leaguesm1.45a115b915.jpg

Transfers

transfersnc4.jpg

transfersnc4.df2e1651bd.jpg

What you think? I'll post my sqaud soon but its massive need to do some more wheelings and dealings first.

Well ive finally finished my first season:

bluesquarepremierstagesar5.th.png

My tactic that i used for most of the season:

oxfordunitedoxfordtactiat7.th.png

The FA Trophy Final:

rushdenvoxfordsplitviewur8.th.png

The Seatanta Final:

wokingvoxfordsplitviewah8.th.png

Best player by a mile:

sylvanebanksblakeprofilzr4.th.png

Anyone got any ideas of where i need to improve for next season and what players i should try and get?

Hi guys, sorry not been on much, had speaking tests today, yesterday and the day before. icon13.gif

Anyway everything looks good:

weebob, depending on how good your DCs are you may need to replace them. If so, Andrei Cordos, David Yepes, Obama etc. all good. Try and get Bernardo from Cruziero to replace Magnus Svensson who may be getting a bit too old. Else try and get the same loans as last season... and ofc Ganea! icon_biggrin.gif

Sparky, OMG, Veloso and Fazio on a free! Fazio has a £14 mill release clause on mine and I thought I was lucky, some fantastic deals! Would be great if you tell me how Fazio does: cheers! Squad looks fantastic anyway: a title challenge is certainly on the cards! icon14.gif

If anyone else has anything desperate that I've not bothered to reply to (laziness icon_rolleyes.gif), just give me a shout and I'll do my best. icon_smile.gif

ypresfr - I normally try and get bernardo but for some reason now you cant buy him for 100k he is always worth above a mil on mine so cant get him. My DCs i think are good enough for league 2 but I will look to replace my whole defence if i can. Ganea went to Sparta Prague instead of us which is utter mince!! Got Musasa coming in tho, he always does good for me! I will try out those players you suggested...cheers!! icon14.gif

Hey Frazza! Good choice mate: welcome!

GK: Get someone on loan (Forecast was good for me, also Preston Edwards). Scribe when you're in League 2.

DR: Loans are he best option if you want another try Zakuani or Chris Riley on loan. Ibrakovic is pretty good if you want permanent signings.

DL: Paul Tierney comes highly recommended, also Ludovic Mary from some obscue French team as well as Cristian Fernandez. Calin Cristea is another if you can get him.

DC: Sabic is fab. Andrei Cordos and Mehdi Makhloufi would also be good signings. Loans also great eg. Leigh Mills

MR: Salomonsson is a must buy, good enough for the Championship imo. Get him and you're sorted.

ML: Johnatan Estrada can come in Jan after his loan finishes and comes highly recommended. Ditto Robin Nylen and Erik Grendel.

MC: Soley is fantastic, scores heaps from the corner bug as well. Devineau is another French youngster. Magnus Svensson is old but still pretty good. Tiberkaine and Dani Rado also great. Loans are very useful, Maghoma and Josh Wright are great ones.

FC: Loans are fantastic here for first season. Harsanyi, Coulson, Ebanks-Blake and Charlie Sheringham all rip up the BSP. Permanently David Faderne, Ben Hunter and Bas Savage are good as well. When you get into League 2 Ganea is god! Sburlea also good.

Also get a parent club, great loans available. I would try and sell as much of the original squad as poss except possibly Rose, Anaclet Ledgister (the Champions League hero!) and Foster.

Good luck mate: enjoy! icon_smile.gificon14.gif

Pretty good first half of the season then...

premjanseason7iw7.jpg

Doing a Tom it seems. icon_biggrin.gif

Here is my tactic:

oxfordtacticjanseason7fq9.jpg

I have to say I can't take the credit for the tactic: direct all praise to Tom (dexta200). Only 19 games to win for the perfect season! icon_biggrin.gificon_smile.gif

I've been keeping tabs on how everyone's doing in here, looks like a good game, may give it a go when I'm done at Lyon, anyways been treading through and can someone point me in the direction of this tactic that most people are winning 100% with please. The one pictured in ypresfr last post.

Thanks.

so it isnt! its actually a very similar formation to what i use now, seems alot of the big tactics use this these days!

I'll give it a rip anyway, hit the midseason rerank and things r getting harder.

is this tactic in the tactic forum??

Im gonna start an Oxford Holiday game and would love to use this formation as it looks the business.

If you could email the address in my profile or post a link up that would be superb.

This thread is brilliant and has sucked me into your world. I hope I can get a bit of success just like you guys.

Rob, nah it's not in the tactics forum mate, it's dexta200's that he's only just created. He should put it in there if enough people have success with it tho imo. I'll e-mail it to you, good luck with the game. icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by ypresfr:

Rob, nah it's not in the tactics forum mate, it's dexta200's that he's only just created. He should put it in there if enough people have success with it tho imo. I'll e-mail it to you, good luck with the game. icon_smile.gif

Sweet. Thanks mate. When I have done a season or so I will post up my results and squad etc etc.

Thanks for doing that bud, appreciate it.

now, lets get this bad boy fired up and get a new game going.

Rob, you need to have a least 1 DC that's good at heading, if ou use the corner bug stick that guy at DLC. As for the striker it doesn't really matter, mine (Ganea) has better heading attributes but Ebanks Blake is much better speed wise and also does brilliantly. It is preferable that your two wingers can swap flanks and are two footed, but that doesn't really matter.

Gazza, fantastic result mate, Ganea and Ebanks doing the business again! icon_biggrin.gif

in my first month in league 2, i won manager of the month winning all six games, ebanks-blake won player of the month scoring 5 in 4, and grendel won young player of the month, with average ratings of 7.50 from six games

Archived