Official Oxford United Thread: 8.0.2

dexta200

try esmir sabic?

or andrei Cordos

or loan in Leigh Mills mate.

Trent Elrich just got his first goals for the club in a 2-1 win against Brentford he got both and hes cut his hair haha! that puts me 26 points ahead with a game in hand 26 wins out of 26 icon_biggrin.gif

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by dexta200:

well done mate! that mcgoldrick might be another one to add to the list!

just had a look at him and looks pretty good!

loaned him in because ebanks-blake didn't want to join me, and he scored 30+ goals in a season on loan when i was swansea

nice Gaz hope he gets you the same for Oxford!

that is a tough group Sparky oh well its never going to be easy!

good luck.

won my game in hand against Notts County 3-1 goals from Sburlea and 2 from Ganea!

puts me 29 points clear after 27 games icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by dexta200:

try esmir sabic?

or andrei Cordos

or loan in Leigh Mills mate.

Trent Elrich just got his first goals for the club in a 2-1 win against Brentford he got both and hes cut his hair haha! that puts me 26 points ahead with a game in hand 26 wins out of 26 icon_biggrin.gif

Just managed to get Sabic now, Signed for a 18k fee but paid 12k now.

CB is sorted and so is the team. Quinn and Willnott(sp) will be good back ups when they are both back from injury.

Also got cover in all positions. Just got a win against my mates team forest green on the net game which i am glad about. played 3 and won 3.

sparky

alright mate, i got my tactic of briz and has worked excellent for 3 seasons now unchanged, helps you keep the ball with short passing and creates alot of chances. Wouldnt feel right for me to send it coz its not my tactic icon14.gif ill ask him when he pops up mate

I'm sure my mate is cheating..

But thats not stopping me from winning and having a game in hand on the others and if i win that i go 4 points infront of 2nd and 3rd place teams.

Just finished my last match winning Grays 4-1. Farsley is my next game. I'm getting like 5k a week when i play at home in revenue which if i keep this up will help me loads with cash for next season.

sparky thats it mate, but its got set team instructions in order for it to work well, works a charm

5 games into the champiosnhip, won 2 drew 2 lost 1, still have 1 mill to spend, cant wait till next year when my 3 top quality regens come in

ok, well the other tactic which i had success with is ypresfr's tactic, have you tried this one mate? uses a target man and focuses on the attacking midfielders being encouraged to joinn the front 2 whilst two anchor men sit back

Hi guys! Cba going through all of you individually but you all seem to be doing fine.

Sparky, I'll send you my 4-4-2 and Tom's 4-5-1 sort of thing is pretty good as well, I'm sure he won't mind if I send you that as well.

alrite matt icon14.gif couldnt give us a hand mate lol i got 1.9 mill to spend in the championship icon_eek.gif was expecting more, im desperate for a new centre back and a right back but undecided as to who to get, any suggestions, what you think of john halls?

sparky no worries mate

im hardly shining, not too bad of a start to the champiosnhip, ive pretty much been out playing teams, the quality of my attackers is great but im lacking in defence, put it this way im still playing jack clarke centre back lol

dont panic aout being 19th, just dont be as bad as derby, changing tactic can usually help the players recindle form

Hmm, I guess i was a bit optomistic. icon_eek.gif

John Halls is okay and full backs are always a bit of a problem area. Jose San Roman is great but he probably won't get a wp, worth a shot tho. You may have to get a loan in or someone older.

DC is slightly easier, Obama from a Spanish club is great, as is David Yepes and Humberto Mendoza. David Duquesnoy, Sashi Chalwe and Makonese (Zimbabwe) are all quite good and cheap to boot. icon14.gif

Will Nylen be a good signing? He is coming on Jan 1st.

At the club he is at he played 9 and scored 6. Don't know where he is playing though. But which postion would suit him most?

I would be playing him at ST atm when he comes seen as Coulson's loan deal expires in Jan.

League Cup Update

Just been knocked out of the league cup 3rd round with a 4-1 loss to Blackburn at Ewood Park

going to have to win the FA Cup if i want UEFA Cup football next year

just wondering if anyone could give me tips on players to sign second season, 1st in league 2... future transfers in are czaplinski and turnbell for goalkeepers, and ganea as a striker... i definitely need a left back as i don't have one in the whole team (1st, reserves, and under 18s) also i just wanted to sign other players to help me get promoted.

For League 2:

DR: Gunter, Riley, McKenna (can be had for free as well), Possebon, Zakuani, K Lee (All loan)

DL: Victor Diaz, Tierney, Sebastien Dubarbier, Franco Miranda (Permanent). Lyskov, Bertrand, K Lee (Loans)

DC: David Yepes, Valery-Nahayo, David Duquesnoy, Chalwe, Cordos, Obama (Permanent) Cathcart, Edgar, Evans, Hobbs, San Jose, Miki Roque (Loans)

MR: Salomonsson, Elvio Martinez, Weirauch (Permanent) Djeziri, Barcham etc (Loans)

ML: Estrada, Sebastien Dubarbier (Permanent). Adam Johnson, Maghoma (Loan)

MC: Bernardo, Elvio Martinez, Mark Davies, Richard Hughes, Ionescu, Gilberto, Dinis (Permanent). Guthrie, Moses, Bostock, Wright etc (Loan)

FC: Sburlea, Vokes, Ellington (Permanent) Ebanks-Blake, Ched Evans, Hoskins, Harsanyi, Chris Martin, Charlie Sheringham, McGoldrick (Loans)

Look for regens as well. Good luck in the league proper mate. icon_smile.gif

I'm thinking of giving the Oxford game a miss for a while I'm finding it way too dificult now in the Premier League, nothing is going my way. Everything I do it just fails.

sparky

try not to give up mate, u took oxford to the prem, treat it the way im treating the premiership, a year to get some cash for the next season, each year my bank balance increases and tbh if i went up this year id have about 5 mill to spend, 2 more years and youll be rolling in money

Thought I'd update you all on my first season as it draws to a close:

We've won the leauge with 9 games to go!

AlreadyWon.jpg

And Here's our greatest result to-date, it was a bit of a fluke to be honest, but FA Cup 6th round here we come!

portsmouth.jpg

ypresfr Yes I have tried both tactics still no good. Just dont know what else to try.

I might give it till the end of the season but the way I'm going at the moment is gonna get the sack!

jess boi This is my 2nd season in the Prem the first one I finished 4th so I did get the money to spend but still no good

While i am waiting for my mate to come on to carry on the net game what i am going to do is start as Oxford myself so i have 2 saves with them.

Took all the players ive been told to get on here on board and hopeful of signing them for this save.

Wish me luck guys!

Hoping we can go the wole season undefeated in the league, we've definately got the best squad but afew of the macthes have been VERY close calls with me throwing 5 players upfront to try and steal a last ditch goal.

oh and Dani Rado is simply amazing, my personal player of the season by miles...he takes my set peices and scores a hell of alot of freekicks,

Minimal_Fuss, brilliant mate, 126 points to best remember. icon_smile.gif

Sparky, give it til the end of the season mate and make a decision then. icon14.gif

Craig, good luck mate, nice to see another victim of the Oxford addiction. icon_biggrin.gif

good luckminimal fuss

ok i just want to get something cleared up, something ive struggled with in this oxford game is the fact that i started the database with a medium one, i keep deciding to carry on but then i think well liviu ganea is not even on my game lol i never had the chance to sign any of the players in the first season that were recommended due to the naff medium databse lol im also struggling to find regense anywhere other than brazil, a re start maybe and hopefullly an oppertunity to do better than the playoffs each season could see me better of financially in the long run, bit of an essay but basically confirming im starting a new oxford game icon_biggrin.gif quite looking forward to it actually

Archived