Official Oxford United Thread: 8.0.2

dexta200

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Dale0718:

Celtic, i just downloaded Genie Scout and i tried to load my game but it says something about it not being valid. I also unticked the compress saved game thing, any suggestions?

Oh sorry I have no idea which version of genie is it?

well done lads lol nice league tables, good to see you tearin up the league, just started my oxford game again, looking for better success this time, here are my transfers, bearing in mind sabic is coming soon where do i need to improve?

http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/nn268/jesseince/?act...squarepremoxford.jpg

it alwasy seems impossible to me to get estrada and jose san roman, damn work permits

ill try danny rado and leigh mills, any other suggestions please as im looking for a team that can dominate, got 26 thousand left?

Sweet-Zombie-Jesus - What club is Oliveira from? as the same regens are made in every game....although there PAs will of course vary.

Oh and can i ask how you got work permit fro Gavish mate? I've been trying to get him for ages!

regens are different in each game mate, for example sao paulo could have a regen called fernando and in your game someone else, its totally random in each game, true that about gavish, never gets a work permit, same for estrada and jose san roman!

Just got a cool hard million for my 56goal striker of last season....he was very good, but he's 28 and with that kinda money I can buy in some brilliant young talents!

Just looked at those LB's and none of them seem to want to come. I've offered for cristea though. If he declines is there anyone else i could look at signing for Jan?

icon14.gif

So im now in 29th Jan 2008 sitting 1st! Only loss so far this season came against Liverpool in the 4th round of the FA Cup, they beat me 2 - 1!icon_frown.gif

Ebanks-Blake has been unbelievable this season. So far in all competitions he has played 36 games and scored a whopping 47 so far this season. I know people have had sucsess with him but anyone had him this good? The closest players to him in terms of goals are Frutos(10) and Salomonsson(8).

So im top having lost none and drew once! If i keep it up I will smash the recordicon_wink.gif

everyone seems to be doing ok at the moment, i didn't have enough time to play fm today as i went to see my local side Cambridge United beat Burton in the BSP play-off semi-final.

i was part of pitch invasion at the end icon_biggrin.gif

should be able to play tomorrow icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Recky_D:

everyone seems to be doing ok at the moment, i didn't have enough time to play fm today as i went to see my local side Cambridge United beat Burton in the BSP play-off semi-final.

i was part of a pitch invasion at the end icon_biggrin.gif

should be able to play fm tomorrow icon_biggrin.gif

Zombie no problem mate did you use it? and how did you get on?

Recky - i been to see cambridge a few times because my uncle lives there glad they won icon_biggrin.gif

Zombie also it always happens you get players that are too good for the club and everyone who plays for oxford knows that Ganea, Sburlea etc would never go to oxford its just luck really, my chairman in last game sold 3 of my best players and you just gotta put up wiht it really its part of being a small club if a big club wants a player they are almost certain to get them mate. dont quit though!!

nope sold him 1st season 210k got the Danny Rose from Spurs on loan and hes amazing! have you still got him?

from originals i have Foster, Quinn, Legister and Odubade only Foster plays and only when people are injured!

So now I'm finally on track with my first decent Oxford game. 10 played, 8 wins, 2 draws. My starting 11 first season:

gk: Monin

dl: Gourville

dc: Nemeth

dc: Oponga

dr: Stankov

dmc: Svensson

dmc: Soley

amc: Chipciu

amc: Salomonsson

amc: Nylen

st: Sburlea

Some pretty good backups too:

dl: Tierney

dc: Sabic

dr: Riley (loan)

dmc: Ojigwe

st: Ceesay

I also have a central defender named Curbelo joining mid-season. Looks classy as hell.

Looks like easy street going to League Two. Then I guess it will be tougher...

Just a little update for the end of my second season in the Prem.

After a disappointing start to the campaign I managed to stuggle through and get into the Uefa Cup by finishing 6th place so in the end I was happy.

I've just brought some new players all on free transfers which I was surprised by!

Screenshots to follow later on today.

I think you might be quite surprised to.

I'm delighted with my signings for the beginnign of the second season icon_smile.gif Got some real quality midfilders in that I feel could probably quite easily play in the championship....expecting to walk league 2 icon_smile.gif

OUT:

Fernando Pierucci = 1m!

Danny Rose = 10k

Stephane Oddet = 10k

Ben Hunter = 50k

James Clarke = 5k

Stephane Maurel = 10k

Elvis Hammond = 5k (got on a free last seaosn and didn't play at all, rubbish)

IN:

Vitaliy Fedoriv = 16k

Tomas Pekhart = Loan (Parent)

Troy Archibal-Henville = Loan (Parent)

Liviu Ganea = Free

Anthony Scribe = 5k

Oded Gavish = 1k

Craig Cathcart = Free

Spillane Michael = 8k

Sabrin Sburlea = 190k [Looks fantastic]

Antonio = 525k [My expensive brazilliant wonder kid!]

Canavan Niall = Free [Very high PA - random?]

Contract/Work Permit, possible signings:

Dominique Scholten = 150k [Looks to be a massive signing if we pull it off]

Vladimir Gagloev = 120k [Very promising youngster, couple of caps short of WP though :S]

Hire the coaches and offer them as assitant managers then when they sign offer them contracts as coaches. There is a thread about it in the tactical forum I think.

when did you all sign seyfo soley? it seems impossible for me to sign him in the 1st tranfer window of the 1st season. my wage budget is around €2.1k, he is always demanding about €2.7k - 2.9k/w.

At the end of October in my first season and i am killing the league.

Got a game in hand on everyone else and i am top of the league and with 5 points clear of York.

Ebank's-Blake is the top scorer with 21 goals in 17 games, Glad i have got him all season. Just about to play Ashford in the 4th round qualifier.

Archived