Official Oxford United Thread: 8.0.2

dexta200

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by dexta200:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Celtic 08:

Try and get Paul Caddis as right back Tom he's got bags of potential IRL and in game

right back im actually okay with for once lol! i have my 192 PA regen Rodrigo icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>RB has always been my weak area in fact the whole right side has must be cause i'm left footed and prefer the left side icon_razz.gif

Oxford 2-1 Barnet (Sburlea, Soley)

Chester Lost!!!!

you know what that means!!!!

woopwoopee9.th.jpg

33 games gone and im already promoted this is amazing!!! now to win the league by as many points as possible and maybe a 100% perfect season? icon_eek.gif

My fourth save. In each save I used/am using different tactics.

My first save I played 4 seasons. Got promoted every season except the 4th season when I lost in the Championship playoff final game to Nottingham Forrest on penalties. I concluded it was because I didn't have Ganea so I set out on my path to aquire him in subsequent saves.

My second save I played 3+ seasons. Again, got promoted every season. In my 4th season things fell apart because the tactic I was using conceded 4 goals per game. Again, I failed to get Ganea in this save.

My third save I played 1+ season. Managed to finally get Ganea.

For some reason I just decided to start my 4th Oxford save right after I got Ganea to test out new, more awesome and dominating tactics.

After some 15 games on my first Oxford save I have a few recommendations:

amc Tiberkanine (spelling?) Anyone else tried him? Looks great to me.

dr Pieter-Bucko (sp?)

dl/wbl/ml Calin Cristea - I used him a lot in higher leagues and he looks like a sure bet for Oxford

Also, many of the recommended signings on this thread represented good value for money (Salomonsson for free et cetera).

If someone could sum up the best free/cheap signings that can be brought in upon startup it would be greatly appreciated. 8.0.2 only please.

Great thread btw!

Originally posted by skogmantore:

dr Pieter-Bucko (sp?)

dl/wbl/ml Calin Cristea - I used him a lot in higher leagues and he looks like a sure bet for Oxford

Also, many of the recommended signings on this thread represented good value for money (Salomonsson for free et cetera).

If someone could sum up the best free/cheap signings that can be brought in upon startup it would be greatly appreciated. 8.0.2 only please.

Great thread btw!

Robin Nylen from Hollviken can be bought for nothing

don't know how much he is or if he will come first season but Jakob Johansson is doing the business for me in league 2 and only cost me 8k

Originally posted by Gazza D:

i signed someone called nik omladic from rudur (v) even though he scored 27 less goals than david mcgoldrick he still picked up fans player of the season

however i did use him in AM, so that could explain the lack of goals

Originally posted by skogmantore:

dr Pieter-Bucko (sp?)

Great thread btw!

both of these i brought in on frees:

Ibrakovic is a good, young right back

Jamie Stevens from crawley is a good centre back

To be more specific:

What are your most successful free/cheap signings on the following positions, available on the first transfer window? I am not too keen on loan signings btw.

I have put in what I found most recommended on this thread so far.

gk: Scribe (will he sign 1st season?)

dr: Anaclet from original squad seems alright

dc: Esmir Sabic (everyone's favourite)

dl: Calin Cristea (not based on this forum, my own experience only)

mc/dmc: Seyfo Soley (will he sign?), Robin Nylen?

amc: Tiberkanine (my own experience only), Salomonsson, Karmi Ait Fana?

fc/st: Bas Savage? Sburlea seems to expensive and I guess Ganea won't be interested until season 2?

This is a compilation of players recommended on this thread. Which ones can be signed 1st season? Which ones are the highest performers?

Adilson

alex fernndez

andrei Cordos

andrew barcham

anthony scribe

bas savage

ben hunter

Calin Cristea

Cristian Fernandez

danny rose

David Faderne

david gray

emil salomonsson

esmir sabic

Guy Melamed

Ian ashbee

Jacques maghoma

james clarke

john ruddy

Johnatan Estrada

kabamba musasa

karmi ait fana

Leandro de Oliveira

Liviu Ganea

Ludovic Mar

magnus svensson

marcus stewart

matt duke

Matt Green

Mehdi Makhloufi

onandi lowe

Paul Tierney

Peter-Bucko

rhys williams

Robin Nylen

Rodrigo Faria

Sabrin Sburlea

sammy monin

serginho from milan

seth johnson

Seyfo Soley

Tiberkanine

tresor kandol

Ibrakovic

Jamie Stevens

I know I am asking a lot, but I think there is enough experience on this thread to help me out.

I'm playing a huge database (do a search there's a thread on how to unlock huge DB again), with Germany, Spain, Scotland, England, Italy & France playable (as i find you tend to get MORE quaility regens in leagues that are active), and have all players loaded from Brazil/Arg aswell.....hopefully I'll start t find some juicey regens.

But for now, I'm off to smash that 126 record!

Originally posted by Minimal_Fuss:

skogmantore:

My best signings by far have been-

Esmir Sabic

Magnus Svensson

Stephane Demoulin

Fernando Pierucci (52 goas this season!)

and the very best is Dani Rado

Many thanks for the "best of"-list and the screenshots.

Anyone have a longer "best of"-list for first season signings?

Who are worth keeping from the original squad. So far, the toughest one to replace seems to be dr Anaclet.

Would this be a good (and realistic?) setup for first season, using Kimz tactics? Help me fill in the blanks and suggest where I can do better.

gk: Scribe (too exepnsive/not interested 1st season?)

dr: Anaclet (or could I do better?)

dc: Sabic (seems obvious)

dc: Cordos (too expensive 1st season?)/Makhloufi ?

dl: Tierney/Ludovic

dmc: Soley/Magnus Svensson?

dmc: Dani Rado

amc: Emil Salomonsson

amc: Tiberkanine (my own scouting, I really want someone cheaper)

amc: Need more attacking mids!

fc: Bas Savage (surely I could do better?)

GK: Scribe wont come, John Ruddy on a free season long loan is great, i also got Luke Steele.

DC: Leigh Mills on a free season long loan.

DR: Mohamed Haddadou has been good for me.

FC: Ben Hunter

I'd play Rado AMC and then get both soley and svensson for the DMC slots.

Originally posted by Minimal_Fuss:

GK: Scribe wont come, John Ruddy on a free season long loan is great, i also got Luke Steele.

DC: Leigh Mills on a free season long loan.

DR: Mohamed Haddadou has been good for me.

FC: Ben Hunter

I'd play Rado AMC and then get both soley and svensson for the DMC slots.

Again thanks Fuss! After reading some of your posts, I'd really like to hear your thoughts on what would be the best (realistic) starting lineup (all positions) going in to first season.

Is the tactic available on a download?

Oxford finished 7th in League 1 under new management, as I was busy leading Spurs to victory. Will go back to original save and see if I can better 7th.

I used loan from Arsenal for GK and Scribe an Eros 2nd season.

Sorry i haven't been on here in a while, the football manager website wasn't opening for me the last 3 days icon_frown.gif

anyways, i got promoted from league 1 via playoffs and won my fist game of the championship 4-0. I brought a regen from gremio for £1,000,000 and his PA is 199 icon_eek.gif

Also, Ganea is banging in the goals, with a hat-trick in the 4-0 win and he got 43 goals in 42 games in league 1 icon_biggrin.gif

Gazza D - cheers mate!

Sweet-Zombie-Jesus - who is Oliveira and what clubs he from?

briz_lad - there's alot of info on rasing youngsters in the FAQ/GUIDE at the top of the forum.

Archived