8.0.2 Feedback Thread

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by daztomo2k8:

Just plaid 1st game of the season with Arsenal and beat aston villa 4-0, i immediately look at man utd's result which reads wait for it.... 10-1 against middlesbrough

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Someone comfort me by saying that this is not the way things are going everywhere with this patch.

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm liking the patch. To be fair I liked it beforehand as well but the game does feel a lot...'smoother' for lack of a better word. Good work SI! Thanks.

I've not tried it with a new game, I'm continuing with an older one, but it seems fine to me. I've had to tweak my tactics but then thats to be expected with the changes to the match engine. If you have stuck with tactics that worked pre patch I'm guessing that there's a chance you may become a little unstuck, hence some of the high scores. I was shipping more goals than normal until I tweaked things (Turkey 7 - 2 Scotland!) but once you make the changes I think it's fine.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lamaros:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by daztomo2k8:

Just plaid 1st game of the season with Arsenal and beat aston villa 4-0, i immediately look at man utd's result which reads wait for it.... 10-1 against middlesbrough

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Someone comfort me by saying that this is not the way things are going everywhere with this patch. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've not seen it and have had a fair few 0-0s and 1-0s, especially away from home.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gazzamcg:

For me, this game has turned into a joke now.

This version has been absolute pants, anyone with experience of FM knew this patch couldn't save FM '08.

When will this current version end ........ FM '09 I hear you say ??????

I DOUBT IT. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So i take it you will be buying CM then...? Or FIFA manager......

You know you will buy FM 09, just like most other forum members.

There are obviously still issues but i think its a bit harsh to say the game is a 'joke'

My first impressions of the match engine are that it is improved although I didn't have many gripes in the first place, I always found watching the matches enjoyable. I would agree though that there are less clear cut chances which makes it a lot more realistic.

A big problem for me that I didn't realise was associated to the patch was player statistics declining all of a sudden. I have a striker who I really improved over the last year and suddenly he is almost useless again and I couldn't afford that to happen, especially with my two main strikers just getting injured.

Board confidence not being changed (according to the change list, although I'm praying it has been fixed) is a real disappoint to me because I consider that a game-stopping problem, when I can come a point off winning the Scottish Second Division and lose the play-off final and initially have the board tell me they are pleased I won promotion when I hadn't and then tell me they are disappointed I only bravely avoided relegation when I had finished a point off top. I could have been sacked despite drastically over-performing because of a silly errors. It's the same with mid-season expectations if you take over a new job and are instantly told you should be performing better. If you take over a club who expects promotion when they are bottom of the league halfway through the season you can win 15 straight games only to lose the next and get sacked and that means I find myself unable to take over a club mid-season, which I used to enjoy doing.

This is the only real gripe I have in an otherwise fantastic game. I'm nowhere near as bothered about the fact the regens might not be as good as the players they replace because at least that potential issue affects every club on the game equally. I would be so pleased if SI could try to iron out the board confidence bugs over the coming weeks because then it really would be a pretty much perfect game for me.

After all, they must have to work on the errors in the system to perfect it for FM09 so if they manage it then surely they could make those changes downloadable on this game without hindering the progress they plan to make on 09 because to me it's the only real issue remaining.

Top work on making the substitution change in the Premier League. Don't play there much myself but that really is a great addition that few were expecting.

Yeah I just want to apologise if I sounded overly critical because I love this game and there is no competition at all and I can't imagine how much work goes into coding all this stuff, especially the match engine. I think SI have done a great job making so many changes in this patch even with the Defoe error which is easily amendable, I'm just saying that considering Confidence was arguably the main new feature added this year it is stupid having it there if it doesn't work properly and hinders the game so if SI do find the time to make adjustments it would be great to see them release solely just a patch with the amendments to the Defoe problem and some ironing out of confidence.

Fantastic besides that icon_smile.gif

Havent got round to playing any matches yet but i was suprised to see some people left out of the game i.e. Martin Jol, Jurgen Klinsmann (who is actually confirmed to take over Bayern at the end of the season)

The January transfers being made before the start of the season is also going to be annoying if Anelka scores a hat trick past me!!!

Thanks for all your hard work SI, if people dont appreciate then screw em!

i think the patch is flawed.

firstly, defoe transfer. i know what you're going to say, fix it yourself. fact is, there are 10000000000000 FM players, so i'm sure it'd make sense for 1 person to fix it and upload it. i think thats just laziness and lack of committment.

secondly, player stats. elano is overrated. silva is overrated. daniel alves is overrated. lots of the inter team are slightly overrated (watch their last 5 games). ronaldihno despite poor form has been overrated. michael johnson is overrated for what hes shown us so far this season.

i love the fact you watered down players stats so that teams aren't super-unbeatable BUT to not waterdown some players stats makes them way too good.

as a loyal FM fan, i hope you release a patch to stay faithful and committed to your faithful and committed customers. and i hope you release the editted patch sooner rather than later because there really are not many problems.

if you haven't fixed confidence, thats a little lazy but its okay i guess. also, random stat dropping is dumb. a player will be on form, full fitness and drop stats. then he'll never gain them back.

fix these please ASAP. i love the idea of watering down stats but apply it to everyone!

What's the status lousy regen stats/youth development? Any chance of finally having a world-class player in 2020? There's no mention of it in the change list. I would've preferred to wait until march if it meant this was fixed.

I appreciate the match but I feel there's too many pointless changes (anything interface related, anything news related) where the programmers could've been assigned to something more meaningful.

From what I've seen, the only changes worth mentioning are:

-match engine improvements (remains to be seen, but can't really damage the game)

-weaker gray teams (I can finally stop wishing to draw the likes of Inter rather than Spartak Moscow)

There are more FM players than people on the planet!! Wow, that's some marketing team you've got!!

Defoe is unfortunate and easily explained. Someone read per instead of after. I'm sure he feels terrible about it.

The player attributes are totally subjective, based on your and nobody else's opinions of certain players. Not a bug, nor laziness. Just a difference of opinion.

FRED development is yet to be proved. It takes longer than a few games to understand how it works, or how it has changed. It might well be that players were developing overly fast prior to the patch, and the patch has evened things out once more.

Confidence might well be too big a change to work into a patch. I can say for sure that SI aren't lazy.

The number was obviously exaggerated to illustrate a point.

Its subjective that Elano is better than Ronaldo, Messi, Ronaldihno and Kaka? I don't think so. I know theres defending, but anyone who thinks Elano or Silva are as good IRL as they are on the game are idiots (if compared to say the stats of cristiano ronaldo).

I love the fact SI have put down players stats but leaving out Elano is ridiculous since hes shown this season that hes also very inconsistent in big matches.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Aaron_AO:

secondly, player stats. elano is overrated. silva is overrated. daniel alves is overrated. lots of the inter team are slightly overrated (watch their last 5 games). ronaldihno despite poor form has been overrated. michael johnson is overrated for what hes shown us so far this season.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Form and ability are seperate. So if a player doesn't do well for a few, or even five games it doesn't always mean they aren't as good as once thought, just that they are going through a bad patch. Ronaldinho has the potential on the day to be a great player. There's no denying his technical ability and creativity, but whether this comes to fore is down to form, tactics, a little bit of luck and the opposition.

And as mentioned, a lot of it is personal opinion in regards to whether a player is overated. Has there ever been a version of FM/CM where someone has piped up and said a player is overated?

Personally I don't mind if a player is overated here and there. It happens and it doesn't stop the game being fun for me. Specially seeing as if you play long enough it won't matter if a player is overated. My current game has gone on for so long that Elano isn't even in it icon_biggrin.gif

A player here and there isn't going to make much of a difference in my opinion. If you find it is then...well there is the editor. I doubt there's going to be another patch, but if there was I'd rather SI spent there time looking at things other than some players being overated. Specially seeing as if they did make the changes someone else would pipe up saying that they were now underated. SI can't win on that front, but then they don't have to. Thats what the editors is for after all.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wwfan:

FRED development is yet to be proved. It takes longer than a few games to understand how it works, or how it has changed. It might well be that players were developing overly fast prior to the patch, and the patch has evened things out once more.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

um, regens were developing way too slowly before this patch

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Aaron_AO:

The number was obviously exaggerated to illustrate a point.

Its subjective that Elano is better than Ronaldo, Messi, Ronaldihno and Kaka? I don't think so. I know theres defending, but anyone who thinks Elano or Silva are as good IRL as they are on the game are idiots (if compared to say the stats of cristiano ronaldo).

I love the fact SI have put down players stats but leaving out Elano is ridiculous since hes shown this season that hes also very inconsistent in big matches. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think your making a bit of a fuss about a minor issue.

You said it yourself.Its subjective. In my opinion, Elano is overated in Fm but come on.....it is something that you can change yourself if it is bugging you. No pun intended.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kill Rock Stars:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wwfan:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

um, regens were developing way too slowly before this patch </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not for everybody it seems. Read the threads.

Its subjective that Elano is better than Ronaldo, Messi, Ronaldihno and Kaka?

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I hate to be a pedant icon_smile.gif but yes, it is subjective. You might have lots of people agree but then it's just popular opinion, which is inherently subjective, not universal truth.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to have a go and say that Elano is or isn't better than some of the players you've mentioned. It's just in the grand scale of things it is something that can be fixed by the individual as they see fit, not something SI needs to wade in and sort out.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> I love the fact SI have put down players stats but leaving out Elano is ridiculous since hes shown this season that hes also very inconsistent in big matches. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There's a big match, hidden I think, that effects player performance. So as with form, confidence and what not, a player with good stats isn't ensured a good performance. Stats are what level they COULD perform to, not WILL. If you see what I mean.

If you lower stats for all games to take into account the odd big game the player will be in then they will flip and become underated if they are overrated surely?

The thread in which people are complaing their regens/FREDs are going down in ability. If they were excellenet prior to the patch, it woul dsuggest to me they were developing quickly. Could be putting two and two together and making five though.

Link

I have never seen any major issue with training. I think there is a level of sensitivity between too light training (that can hinder development) and too heavy training (that makes your players too tired and likely to get injured). Striking the balance is crucial, and probably too sensitive, but I believe it can be done.

The thread in which people are complaing their regens/FREDs are going down in ability. If they were excellenet prior to the patch, it woul dsuggest to me they were developing quickly. Could be putting two and two together and making five though.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

there was a very long thread that someone did a couple of months ago that looked at the development model for players, and found that their ability always advanced too slowly - you'd get some players who were quality by the age of 23/24, some who peaked later, but you'd never get players who peak very early - such as fabregas and michael owen in real life, for example

someone from si said that for the patch they'd be looking to vary it a bit, so that whilst most players still get close to their best by age 24-ish, you would see a few players peaking early, which would be good for realism, as well as for people who rely on youth. i didn't see a single youth regen marked as a wonderkid the entire time i played 8.01, so hopefully this has changed a bit for 8.02

I've never personally had a problem with regens. My current game is in 2021 and there are a lot of good players, and a reasonable amount of good young players.

Here be some links to some of my players. Obviously, just in case some one jumps in, just because regens are fine on my game for me doesn't mean they are for everyone icon_smile.gif

2019/20

2018/19

2016/17

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nelsonmcjones:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Peljam:

I hate to be a pedant icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You big fibber! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Got me there icon_wink.gif

I also seem to have miss counted in my last post. Hmm, may be time for sleep soon.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kill Rock Stars:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

there was a very long thread that someone did a couple of months ago that looked at the development model for players, and found that their ability always advanced too slowly - you'd get some players who were quality by the age of 23/24, some who peaked later, but you'd never get players who peak very early - such as fabregas and michael owen in real life, for example

someone from si said that for the patch they'd be looking to vary it a bit, so that whilst most players still get close to their best by age 24-ish, you would see a few players peaking early, which would be good for realism, as well as for people who rely on youth. i didn't see a single youth regen marked as a wonderkid the entire time i played 8.01, so hopefully this has changed a bit for 8.02 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I hope so too.

I have seen two or three people deeply analyse training (and its bugginess), and go into great detail, but i haven't ever been 100% convinced by any of them. I have my own method which seems, thus far, to improve players in the manner I expect.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by celtic_fc:

is there anyway to uninstall the patch? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And you've given it how much time??? Talk about a lack of critical reflection!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">And you've given it how much time??? Talk about a lack of critical reflection!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The only problem i have with the patch is that on my save game my player attributes are dropping considerably since i installed the patch. Since i don't plan to start a new game anytime soon as i was enjoying my current save, i'd be better on 8.0.1. I wasn't slating the new patch in any way, only asking a question.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Peljam:

I hate to be a pedant icon_smile.gif but yes, it is subjective. You might have lots of people agree but then it's just popular opinion, which is inherently subjective, not universal truth.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to have a go and say that Elano is or isn't better than some of the players you've mentioned. It's just in the grand scale of things it is something that can be fixed by the individual as they see fit, not something SI needs to wade in and sort out. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In reality it might be subjective, but the numbers favor Kaka. In the game it is NOT subjective, therefore if the numbers are going to favor anything it should favor the majority. Kaka should be better than Elano.

And it shouldn't be up to the individual to 'fix'. We buy the game to play it, not to drawl through the database. Most people wouldn't touch the database at all.

Having said that, I don't think it's a huge deal. The game is not going to mirror reality, thought it tries. If it is a little off at points, well, we expect that. Elano being better than Kaka is not going to ruin the game.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lamaros:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Someone comfort me by saying that this is not the way things are going everywhere with this patch. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Its taken me a while to figure out the screen shots malarky but here goes... http://img127.imageshack.us/img127/1313/101ve3.jpg

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to have a go and say that Elano is or isn't better than some of the players you've mentioned. It's just in the grand scale of things it is something that can be fixed by the individual as they see fit, not something SI needs to wade in and sort out. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In reality it might be subjective, but the numbers favor Kaka. In the game it is NOT subjective, therefore if the numbers are going to favor anything it should favor the majority. Kaka should be better than Elano.

And it shouldn't be up to the individual to 'fix'. We buy the game to play it, not to drawl through the database. Most people wouldn't touch the database at all.

Having said that, I don't think it's a huge deal. The game is not going to mirror reality, thought it tries. If it is a little off at points, well, we expect that. Elano being better than Kaka is not going to ruin the game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If a person complains about player attributes and then cant be bothered to open the editor for 5 minutes to change them then its just tough.

And tbh, he wouldnt need to 'trawl'. How many Elanos is their or Manchester Citys?

If there's one thing I don't like it's how much tactics need to change, as in, I haven't won a game since the update.

Before it I was comfortably in the top 3 and was happy with my tactics, which were effective and tweaked to match any situation. It irks me greatly that an update should force me to reconsider entirely how my team lines up :S

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Diego_Werderdona:

If there's one thing I don't like it's how much tactics need to change, as in, I haven't won a game since the update.

Before it I was comfortably in the top 3 and was happy with my tactics, which were effective and tweaked to match any situation. It irks me greatly that an update should force me to reconsider entirely how my team lines up :S </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This would surely depend on how logical the tactics are in the first place. If they are logical in real football terms, then they should work beter, as long as the engine is better. If they aren't logical then they should work worse, as long as the engine is better. However, if they are logical and working worse, then the engine is worse.

It is up to you to subjectively decide which of the above applies to your tactics.

As a very general response, I am unhappy with the drastic stat changes for many of the top class players. I've spent an hour looking through player profiles from the top leagues to notice the huge decrease in attributes.

I do realise people will tell me to use the editor to change this, but, quite frankly, editing players on this scale would take hours upon hours, when I would rather switch back to the 8.0.1 game and enjoy myself. But each to their own.

i am not enjoying the patch as well. I was sitting on 2nd place, and now seem to be getting crushed left and right. One game I lost 5-1. Another I lost 6-4. Prior to the patch my games were close, such as 2-1, maybe 3 goals scored on one side. It seems that if I want an even sliver of a chance at winning I need to pull drastic measures; such as going into full attack mode. The tactic I had been using previous...throw it out the window. I dont mind having to change my tactic, that is expected...I simply dont expect to be crushed as I have been.

In addition also, I have noticed two of my players who are experiencing drastic stat loses.

I am seriously deliberating wether to put the game on hold until some sort of fix comes up. It's unfortunate also because I was just getting into a great season and my struggling club was right on the cusp of securing promotion.

there are many responses in China that the player's data is changed unreasonable in 802 version. Some guys in their league plays very well. but the data isn't rise, but falls down. Why??Didn't SI modifiy players' data according to thire performance in their league???I was so confuse and so disapointed to this 802 update.Take a player for example: mancini; Don't him play very well in Roma???

When I fix the Jermain Defoe problem, how do I save over the official 8.0.2 database? I don't see how. If I just save it as a new one, and choose it when I start a new game will it still have all the fixes that are on 8.0.2? Match engine etc.

Ty.

To the whingers about some players stats and ability (e.g Elano).. you're playing a computer game, and the setting is that you start working as a football manager in an imaginative 2007/2008 season. IMAGINE that Elano finally got all his potential out and is blossoming into one of the worlds finest footballers - all the biggest clubs are drooling and the Real Madrdid president election is all about signing Elano icon_wink.gificon_biggrin.gif now go get laid or play FM, life is beautiful.

Not happy at all....at least regarding spanish league. SI fixed the registration bug, but on the other hand, broke B teams.They are now full of players who shouldn't be there (Jorquera, Gurpegui, etc...and a lot of player older than 30 years)

C'mon guys...it worked prior to 8.0.1 and has been working since 06, what's gone wrong with the patch?

Too many goals from long ranges

Thats the only grudge i have against this patch. before this I was having an incredible season. Defence was on top of its game, consecutive cleansheets. But now I cannot go 2 games without conceding a scorcher from 30 yards.

Is there a workaround for this too?

what threads? link please, because all i've seen on here prior to version 8.02 is people complaining that their regens were developing too slowly </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My regens were developing brilliantly pre-patch, on installing 8.0.2 their attributes have dropped immensely, and it's ruined my long-term career game completely. Utterly demoralising to see the youngsters I've painstakingly reared for Eeter in the Premiership getting worse by the day.

Well Season 33 for me is about to start and the following has happened, found it a bit easier to get players in and played theee games (pre season) with the scores of

8-0

1-1

5-0

so okay by me so far.

Also like I've said I've played 32 full seasons and enjoyed everyone, fine there may be problems but not enough for me not to play the game

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by hehehemann:

Is it me or has the option in tactics to choose a free kick or corner taker for the left and right of the pitch missing? I can only choose left side. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry for this post..It was down to the skin I was using (Flex2008 Right) not showing the split to drag into the right side.

Alright guys, is anyone having problems with possession, I find I am playing a high defensive line with high closing down with a big team, only for my team to stand and watch as the opposition pass the ball between 2 of their players.

One of the matches resulted in a 3-0 win for me, I had 39% possession. Surely this is not right still?

Archived