new patch - 9.2.0 - general overview

Hate it i was winning games really well with Man utd in 9.1 i beat liverpool 5-0 at home newcastle 5-1 and portsmouth 5-1 i had scored 34 goals in 10 games and had only lost 1.

Now no one in my team can score since i updated it, had players like ronaldo putting shots wide from 4 yards!. First game i played i had 11 shots 9 on target and 3 clear cut chances and the game ended 0-0.

The second game against PSV i 1-0 because none of players could hit the back of the net bearing in mind i beat them 4-1 at home i had the chances but they were either going wide or just being hit straight at the keeper.

The last game i played before the patch was against Portsmouth (5-1) and now after the install i havent scored in 2 games and getting 7 clear cut chances between those to games f-ing ridicoulous!

Hate it i was winning games really well with Man utd in 9.1 i beat liverpool 5-0 at home newcastle 5-1 and portsmouth 5-1 i had scored 34 goals in 10 games and had only lost 1.

Now no one in my team can score since i updated it, had players like ronaldo putting shots wide from 4 yards!. First game i played i had 11 shots 9 on target and 3 clear cut chances and the game ended 0-0.

The second game against PSV i 1-0 because none of players could hit the back of the net bearing in mind i beat them 4-1 at home i had the chances but they were either going wide or just being hit straight at the keeper.

The last game i played before the patch was against Portsmouth (5-1) and now after the install i havent scored in 2 games and getting 7 clear cut chances between those to games f-ing ridicoulous!

i dont want look like a moaner though lol so im hoping it will get some postive feedback to give me some restored confidence in this game again!

I reckon more long term testing is needed to verify but my first game out with the new patch was leg one of the first knock-out round in the CL against Roma, away. I scored first with a fantastic through ball to striker #1 in the 76th minute who received the ball on the left hand side of the area and instead of running wide as I have noticed strikers loved to do before the patch, he made a few yards wide and then promptly cut inside, leaving his marker wide, then proceeded to steer it neatly past the keeper. I went defensive and in extra time I was amazed when they got a free kick on the right hand edge of the area and sent their goalie up. I didn't even know this was possible. One of my defenders headed the free kick away, straight to striker #1, who held the ball up and flicked it right into the path of striker #2 rushing forward from a defensive position. He ran with it a few yards and launched it towards the empty goal on the other side of the pitch...an "incredible 40 yard strike".

Priceless.

I'm not convinced either. Played 5 games now with 9.2.0.

My strikers seem to creat more ccc but they still score verry difficult. In my Everton game vs man city and chelsea I dominated and had both 6 ccc and no goals. Vs Sunderland same thing, 9 ccc and only in the (!) 92 and 93 minute I scored. The 4th and 5th game vs portmouth and Club Brugge (CL) same old, same old. In both games me being the better team, even tried to chance my formations in the second halve but not being able to get the ball in the net.

I've always enjoyed the CM/FM games a lot but since last year its getting verry frustrating to play this game. It always seems like you play the game while your handbrake is pulled up. You just know that something is out of place when you dominate a game and have 8 ccc and in the last minute you get 0-1 behind. It happens irl too but in FM08/09 it seems to happen way to much and SI can't seem to admit/fix this.

I'm not scoring any more but my strikers are getting better ratings, which is fair because I use a lone target man in a 4-3-3 and my strikers generally play well (a lot of key passes and high pass completion). Now they're finally getting the ratings they deserve.

This is good for their morale and my relationships with them - it sucked having to criticise them every match just because the game was rating them unfairly.

Not that I want to put a damper on your success but 34 goals in 10 games is HIGHLY unrealistic. :eek: No team has ever scored at that rate in the EPL over an extended period. Sure it is entirely possible to play a few games and get 5-0, 5-1 and 5-1 but that is bound to be an anomaly and should not be the rule to keep the game realistic.

If I were the coders of this game I would "force" your team to not score after that kinda run just to keep things in check! :rolleyes:

As for 1-0 against PSV...what exactly is wrong with 1-0? Did you win? You don't exactly describe the circumstances that game was played in...was it a knock-out round in the CL? If so surely it stands to reason that if you beat them by a big margin in the first round, YOUR team might be complacent in the 2nd and not put the required effort in whilst they (specifically speaking about their goalie) would be fired up immensely. :confused:

I'm not scoring any more but my strikers are getting better ratings, which is fair because I use a lone target man in a 4-3-3 and my strikers generally play well (a lot of key passes and high pass completion). Now they're finally getting the ratings they deserve.

This is good for their morale and my relationships with them - it sucked having to criticise them every match just because the game was rating them unfairly.

I play two kinds of formations, a type of 4-4-2 and a 3-4-3 with a lone striker that I employ whenever playing against teams employing lone strikers. I ALWAYS used to get fantastic ratings for the lone striker pre-patch. The "bad" rating transferred to one of my midfielders. :o

I thought that the long balls played from the GK, creating one-on-ones, were supposed to have been fixed. Yet this happends between 5-10 times in every single match I play regrdless of d-line, mentality and closing donw settings( have not tried putting them all on the very first notch and have no intention to either). Have just seen 3 goals scored form those one-one-ones yet though, played about 10 matches ( i.e 50-100 one-on-ones )

Do I have to start a new game for this to work ?

I ALWAYS used to get fantastic ratings for the lone striker pre-patch.

I assume he was scoring well?

Mine don't score much - we've played 5 games this season and neither has scored a goal yet. My strikers look like this:

Games Goals Assists MoM Rating

..4(1)....0........1.......1....7.03

..1(4)....0........1.......0....6.83

Before the patch they would've played nearly the same but with ratings of between 6.00 and 6.50. Certainly no Man of the Match unless they scored a hattrick.

Not that I want to put a damper on your success but 34 goals in 10 games is HIGHLY unrealistic. :eek: No team has ever scored at that rate in the EPL over an extended period. Sure it is entirely possible to play a few games and get 5-0, 5-1 and 5-1 but that is bound to be an anomaly and should not be the rule to keep the game realistic.

If I were the coders of this game I would "force" your team to not score after that kinda run just to keep things in check! :rolleyes:

As for 1-0 against PSV...what exactly is wrong with 1-0? Did you win? You don't exactly describe the circumstances that game was played in...was it a knock-out round in the CL? If so surely it stands to reason that if you beat them by a big margin in the first round, YOUR team might be complacent in the 2nd and not put the required effort in whilst they (specifically speaking about their goalie) would be fired up immensely. :confused:

i completly understand where your coming from and no, i dont expect to win every 4 or 5-0 because that is unrealistic.

I just find it really strange for my team being on a hot streak, 9 points clear in the league now and from the moment i update it i cant score at all. Im making plenty of chances and quite a lot of CCC's just seems a bit of a coincidence if you know what i mean. but then again you cant prove it can you lol

I assume he was scoring well?

Mine don't score much - we've played 5 games this season and neither has scored a goal yet. My strikers look like this:

Games Goals Assists MoM Rating

..4(1)....0........1.......1....7.03

..1(4)....0........1.......0....6.83

Before the patch they would've played nearly the same but with ratings of between 6.00 and 6.50. Certainly no Man of the Match unless they scored a hattrick.

Yip, he was/is scoring well. In a lone striker formation (not within any kind of 442 framework) a lot of the attacking burden is placed on the striker meaning he gets more shots whilst in flat 442 frameworks this is shared with the midfield, i.e. less shots as a percentage of total.

However, this is highly dependent on actually getting your lone striker to make clean breaks and for this you need midfield instructions that promote this. No good in having a lone striker constantly getting passes when overwhelmed by defenses.

As for your stats....I doubt you are ever going to get good ratings with a striker that mostly plays as a sub [ 1(4) ] and 4 or 5 games is quite a bit too few to judge I would say.

From what I have experienced, the MoM is decided not by who does the best in any particular game, but who affected the outcome most. For example, I have had occasions where I sent a striker on as sub in the 80th minute who did NOTHING but supply a key through ball against the odds to someone who scored in a tight game against fabulous opposition. We end up winning 1-0 and either the goal scorer or the supplier gets MoM.

i completly understand where your coming from and no, i dont expect to win every 4 or 5-0 because that is unrealistic.

I just find it really strange for my team being on a hot streak, 9 points clear in the league now and from the moment i update it i cant score at all. Im making plenty of chances and quite a lot of CCC's just seems a bit of a coincidence if you know what i mean. but then again you cant prove it can you lol

I understand, it does seem like a bit of a strange co-incidence.

Yip, he was/is scoring well. In a lone striker formation (not within any kind of 442 framework) a lot of the attacking burden is placed on the striker meaning he gets more shots whilst in flat 442 frameworks this is shared with the midfield, i.e. less shots as a percentage of total.

My 4-3-3 spreads the attacking load amongst the striker and midfield.

In 5 games we have taken 35 shots at goal, only 4 shots have come from strikers.

The other shots have been taken by:

DR/L: 1

DC: 1

DM: 2

MC: 12

AMR/L: 15

In my last game, where we scored 2 goals for the first time this season we had 10 shots, with zero taken from the blokes playing in the striker position. Yet in 89 minutes the starting striker had a 7.6 rating from 7 key passes, 3 runs and an assist.

However, this is highly dependent on actually getting your lone striker to make clean breaks and for this you need midfield instructions that promote this. No good in having a lone striker constantly getting passes when overwhelmed by defenses.

I look for back-to-goal target men to play up front in my team. I play ball to feet for one of them and mixed delivery for the other. They both hold up the ball.

With my wingers getting forward often and with free roles and high mentality it allows the striker (lower mentality) to drop into space and receive passes without the defence closing him down straight away.

As for your stats....I doubt you are ever going to get good ratings with a striker that mostly plays as a sub [ 1(4) ] and 4 or 5 games is quite a bit too few to judge I would say.

While you're right about 5 games being too few to properly analyse the statistics, there's still a trend visible, and we play the same way every time.

As for that sub, he's our best striker and our captain. He started the season on the bench because the other bloke played so well in the pre-season and kept on performing. But I started him in that last game (where we scored 2 goals) and that's where he picked up the 7.6 rating despite making no shots.

From what I have experienced, the MoM is decided not by who does the best in any particular game, but who affected the outcome most. For example, I have had occasions where I sent a striker on as sub in the 80th minute who did NOTHING but supply a key through ball against the odds to someone who scored in a tight game against fabulous opposition. We end up winning 1-0 and either the goal scorer or the supplier gets MoM.

Good point. I found with the last patch that is was invariably the scorer, not the assister, who got MoM.

My strikers have been scoring abit more, Arshavin mostly, rounding the keeper at every occassion. :D No idea if it's a PPM for him, didn't occur to check.

I had a terrible own goal but it was a one off so I'll forgive it, Cech miskicked a clearance to Carvalho and ran after it to recover it, Carvalho whacked a clearance (going for a corner or something?) and it hit Cech and went in. If it happens again I'll be furious.

Guest ViG19801

I'm dominating games a lot with nearly 20 shots sometimes but my strikers no longer score. Well, my team no longer scores - it's not just the strikers. Feels like FM08 all over again.

know what you mean about fm 08. ah remember the days when if you'd assembled the best team in the world you'd actually be successful and in the league you could hope for a 100goal season!? cant get past 60 goals now its pathetic. goal difference is only good because my defence and keeper are.

My strikers gets good ratings but now it's my MCa who always gets bad ratings. Even star players like fabregas and xavi:( anyone have this problem??

Same for me. I play with 2 MCa's behind a lone striker. They used to be the source of many goals and great ratings. Now they are pretty much worthless. Less goals, ratings in the 5s quite often if they don't get on the score sheet.

The tough part is figuring out whether I need to change my tactics post-patch, since I know they worked before for my attacking mids. Or are the ratings for MCa's now broken?

Incredibly frustrated. Also had to do a lot of tweaking to stop letting constant through balls get through my defense.

I've been having the same problem with strikers. Now its like there's a pane of glass on the goal line. My strikers have yet to beat a goalie 1 on 1. It's like their shots are heat seeking the keeper. And any time they manage to beat the keeper, the shot hits the crossbar or the post. My leading scorers are my wingers.

The worst of all, patch notes said that they fixed contract problems for the 16 year olds. Within the first week of a new game, I signed a promising 15 year old scottish striker to a full time contract once he turns 17, and a week later he left for a contract with another team.

I've been having the same problem with strikers. Now its like there's a pane of glass on the goal line. My strikers have yet to beat a goalie 1 on 1. It's like their shots are heat seeking the keeper. And any time they manage to beat the keeper, the shot hits the crossbar or the post. My leading scorers are my wingers.

The worst of all, patch notes said that they fixed contract problems for the 16 year olds. Within the first week of a new game, I signed a promising 15 year old scottish striker to a full time contract once he turns 17, and a week later he left for a contract with another team.

it could be that smth went wrong with your patch. try to download it again. i'm not sure if you need to reinstall the game or just overwrite the patch.

I thought that the long balls played from the GK, creating one-on-ones, were supposed to have been fixed. Yet this happends between 5-10 times in every single match I play regrdless of d-line, mentality and closing donw settings( have not tried putting them all on the very first notch and have no intention to either). Have just seen 3 goals scored form those one-one-ones yet though, played about 10 matches ( i.e 50-100 one-on-ones )

Do I have to start a new game for this to work ?

This.

This just ruins it for me.

• SI Staff

Regarding the goalie long balls, in beta testing for 9.2 this was probably the most talked about issue, and the consensus was that we had reduced it drastically by the time 9.2 was finished.

Regarding the goalie long balls, in beta testing for 9.2 this was probably the most talked about issue, and the consensus was that we had reduced it drastically by the time 9.2 was finished.

I have also seen lots of those types of through balls after the patch.

Also my strikers still seem incapable of hitting a barn door from a yard away, even more so than in 9.1, and my midfielders are now next to useless unless they score. They were getting good average scores now they get 5's every game.

I really don't like the new patch to be honest not played FM since I played for a few hours with the patch Saturday afternoon. If I could go back easily I would.

My strikers gets good ratings but now it's my MCa who always gets bad ratings. Even star players like fabregas and xavi:( anyone have this problem??

Same here but for both of my central midfielders and they are good enough to play in the league above me. The only way they get ratings better then 6 is if they score.

I'll need to spend more time seeing what else I can change to get them working better. Of course I also have the problem of my strikers not scoring as well.

Same here but for both of my central midfielders and they are good enough to play in the league above me. The only way they get ratings better then 6 is if they score.

I'll need to spend more time seeing what else I can change to get them working better. Of course I also have the problem of my strikers not scoring as well.

See my thread, it may help http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=83545

The new patch has certainly made AMCs consistently have bad ratings in my experience.

It also seems that the infuriating business of getting 20 shots to the opposition's one and having them fly wide, be brilliantly saved, hit the woodwork, be kicked off the line, etc, thus losing by the odd goal has got worse since the patch. I know that this happens in rl games but not nearly so often as in this game. Overall, the patch has made the game less fun to play for me anyway.

Disappointing!

Well I'm disappointed to say this latest patch has let me down somewhat. Defenders seem to have become a good deal worse compared to 9.1.0, leading to very few clean sheets. I was leading the Prem after 25 games with just 11 goals conceded. In the 7 league games since the patch I've seen numerous defensive errors on my part to conceed 8 goals against the likes of Ipswich and Fulham. Only 2 of those games were clean sheets. In other games (Cup, CL) I conceed another 6 in 4 games. All in all I had 25 clean sheets in 41 games so far this season pre-patch, after the patch just 2 in 11 games, conceeding at 1.27 a game where it had 0.5 earlier.

This is all just very disappointing stuff. Particularly in the CL this is hurting me, as I've always tried to play as solid as possible to avoid conceding goals at home, a bit like United last season. After the patch this really exposes me as I easily conceed even at home now and it's making things extremely difficult.

Edit: I'm sorry, I wasn't even negative enough. This newest patch is atrocious! We're back at the 8.1 syndrome: creating a million fantastic chances and score a goal, while the opposition creates 2 silly chances which are both goals. End result: 2-1 defeat. It's more than a year later and you would've thought SI would've learnt from their mistakes. Guess again. This is ridiculous.

Well I'm disappointed to say this latest patch has let me down somewhat.

Edit: I'm sorry, I wasn't even negative enough. This newest patch is atrocious! We're back at the 8.1 syndrome: creating a million fantastic chances and score a goal, while the opposition creates 2 silly chances which are both goals. End result: 2-1 defeat. It's more than a year later and you would've thought SI would've learnt from their mistakes. Guess again. This is ridiculous.

Me too,

playing 9.2 is ridiculous.

i hope SI fix this problem, i dont wont play any more the game whit this very annoyng bug.

but i think why must wait 2 mount to see 9.3 patch.....

if there is no the third patch, SI must give us a possibility to play whit the previous match engine whit the 9.2 patch. whit match engine 9.1 the strikers are most realistic. dosent miss all the one on one clear chance......

Man I had this great tactic for 9.1, and now on 9.2 strikers don't score...

This is the first time I'm really dissapointed..

Couldn't play 08 because of this too. I'm back to 9.1.

But alas, that means more bugs. Wish I could have ME from 9.1 and bug fixes from 9.2

Me too,

playing 9.2 is ridiculous.

i hope SI fix this problem, i dont wont play any more the game whit this very annoyng bug.

but i think why must wait 2 mount to see 9.3 patch.....

I doubt will see another patch until after the transfer windows in Jan im hoping my tactic i uses in 9.1 works

I believe this is a classic case of throwing the baby out with the bath water.

By tweaking the long-ball-to-striker-then-one-on-one-with-the-goalie, SI has also effectively tuned down the rate of ALL strikers' scoring when going one-on-one with the goalkeeper.

The bug I am experiencing is higher rated teams coming from miles behind to win all the time.

And there is only one person in my team who scores, a lone striker. He has scored like 15 goals so far in my current season, leading by like 7 in the golden boot. He has easily scored 90% of my goals. NOT one other striker can score. I have tried everyone. If I win he scores all goals just about.

Archived