has anyone been able to set up a custom all star game?

Ilici Man

I got it to work in FM20 but the issues were that the All Star team players were all generated . I logged it for 3 years as a bug and you can guess from there what didn't happen . 

Edited by alian62

There are weird flags and stuff you'll randomly find like "get all-star opposition" under the "teams" entries. But combining them all with all the various stage rules and competition type never worked for me either. I wonder if there's some kind of coding like with national team selections being tied in there, as it kind of functions in a similar way

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, themodelcitizen said:

Can you get picked as coach? Do the players get "called up" a couple of days before? Gonna experiment with it myself, cheers though, this is promising. I don't think those settings worked in past editions but maybe none of us had the right combination

I haven’t actually tried in game testing as manager, just been holidaying to make sure everything works. Players get selected maybe 3-4 days prior to the game

16 minutes ago, themodelcitizen said:

Mine's still calling up fake players but I'm sure I'm missing a step somewhere. Does the comp itself (K-League or Thai top league or whatever) have any settings adjusted?

That why I gave up years ago . Only gets fake players.  Numerous bug posts to SI resulted in no replies so they are not interested or it's a very low priority . 

I would say its in the editor for future releases and is probably missing codes at this point . 

14 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

Mine's still calling up fake players but I'm sure I'm missing a step somewhere. Does the comp itself (K-League or Thai top league or whatever) have any settings adjusted?

Havent changed anything in the competition settings. It seems the All Star Competition doesnt have to be special, but the All Star Team seems to be the key. Thailand and Cambodia have all star teams as default in the database, for Vietnam i have used the K-League All Star team

Yeah I tried duplicating an existing All-Star team, that doesn't seem to work. Interesting, though, if we can repurpose some of the hard-coded ones...  just means you'd sacrifice being able to have it in both (i.e. it sounds like you've effectively sacrificed the K-League All-Star Game for your created Viet one). But Cambodia and Thailand aren't in there by default, right? You had to make them as custom leagues? Maybe I can use one of those and just leave a disclaimer that it's incompatible with that country having one

18 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

Yeah I tried duplicating an existing All-Star team, that doesn't seem to work. Interesting, though, if we can repurpose some of the hard-coded ones...  just means you'd sacrifice being able to have it in both (i.e. it sounds like you've effectively sacrificed the K-League All-Star Game for your created Viet one). But Cambodia and Thailand aren't in there by default, right? You had to make them as custom leagues? Maybe I can use one of those and just leave a disclaimer that it's incompatible with that country having one

Yeah so i've used the K-League All Star comp (136411) and All Star team (45015548) for Vietnam

Thailand have an All Star comp (23341966) and team (23341952) in the database

Cambodia i just used their League Cup comp (23263188) for the All Star comp, they have an All Star team (23348937) in the database

Hello guys, if it can help, I was planning to create a UEFA All-Star Game.

4 teams representing the top four European leagues (Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga). I started experimenting, and at the moment, I've created only 2 clubs.

The trick is not to duplicate an existing All-Star team. I managed to recreate the "Premier League All Stars" and "Serie A All Stars" by modifying two extinct all-star clubs from Greece (Greeks, Foreigners). The competition works (I copied the MLS All-Star Game), and the players from their respective leagues are selected. However, unfortunately, there isn't a precise criterion, and the players chosen the first time tend to stay for a long time, even after changing teams or the nation of the league.

maybe some configurations need adjusting (Players -> All Star Team Rules), but I must say this is the most successful attempt among all the ones I've made over the years.

That's fascinating. Has anyone got it working by taking players from a cup competition instead of a league? Like, "FA Cup All-Stars" for example? I'm using a specific cup and want to draw the All-Stars from the cup instead, as the league itself is inactive. I was using the extinct Thai and Viet All-Star teams but they still drew fake players, I figured it was because I was pulling from a cup comp instead of the league (although I tried a few different settings that way).

@Dygon There's an All-Star rule that's something like "allow previous players" right? Maybe they specifically added that in to counter All Star teams regularly picking the same players over and over. There are criteria like "potential ability" and "competition stats" you can tell it to pull players by, which is interesting if it works

This lot might be interested in a working All-Star function:

5 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

That's fascinating. Has anyone got it working by taking players from a cup competition instead of a league? Like, "FA Cup All-Stars" for example? I'm using a specific cup and want to draw the All-Stars from the cup instead, as the league itself is inactive. I was using the extinct Thai and Viet All-Star teams but they still drew fake players, I figured it was because I was pulling from a cup comp instead of the league (although I tried a few different settings that way).

@Dygon There's an All-Star rule that's something like "allow previous players" right? Maybe they specifically added that in to counter All Star teams regularly picking the same players over and over. There are criteria like "potential ability" and "competition stats" you can tell it to pull players by, which is interesting if it works

This lot might be interested in a working All-Star function:

So many possibilities if the correct options were available in the editor. I can't imagine it would be that hard to do. 

Could be possible to do something like that but taking the best players from a nation or a local region instead of a league? Like an actual national? In this way we could get unlimited national teams :o

so, i've done some testing and yes, reusing existing all star teams seems to be the solution. though i'm still having plenty of trouble with it. 

i tried a game between last year's champions and an all star team and i can't find a way for the all star team not to select players from the champions too. another issue i encountered was that players out on loan abroad, also seem to be selected.

i also tried a tournament between 4 regional all star teams but, regardless of the options i tried to set for the teams to get their players from, only one out of 4 teams actually uses real players and the ones it uses have nothing in common with the filters i set for it. (i've tried to test it by setting it to pull players from some lower divisions only but it uses first league players)

i'm adding the db i am using 

oly4.fmf

so, quick update. 

i have managed to set up an all star game between locals and foreigners. seems to work fine though i think i might need to see what happens when players have dual nationality

i have not been able to set up an all star game between the last year's champions and an all star team. i just can't figure out how to get the all star team to not select players from last year's champions. players selected like that were unavailable for both teams

i'm trying to set up a regional tournament of 4 all star teams but, so far, i'm encountering a strange issue. if i use "best local region teams" to define the player pool, it seems to work fine with 2 teams but, as soon as i set up the third all star team, the rules start to be ignored and i see players selected from the wrong regions. i'm gonna try and see if i can use another option to get this to work

latest version (in the 4 team tournament 2 teams are still the copies, i have not moved all star teams from other countries):

oly8.fmf

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone! I'm glad to know that my tests have helped other editing lovers.

I'm updating you with another discovery... using an extinct All-Star competition (beyond the teams) makes the tournament features more stable.

I tested by renaming the Greek All-Star, turning it into a Cup of Stars that, based on the results of the custom league I created, picks more or less the best players of that season.

You obviously need to set the items well in the rule PLAYERS - "All-Star Team Rules". The options that gave me satisfactory results (with the All-Star Team having a functioning player change) are where I checked:

• pick manager for team
  • pick player using competitions stats
  • don't use players selected before

max squad size: 18

• domestic average rating
  • ignore condition

then in the "squad selection rules" section, I added the "goalkeeper in squad" rule value: 2 - criteria: more than.

My "Major League" competition includes 24 teams divided into 2 groups of 12. My need is actually to have two All-Star teams that compete (like the first editions of the MLS All-Star), based on the results of Group A and Group B.

Here I still encounter some difficulties because the competition cannot understand how to divide the statistics of teams that belong to one group rather than another. So, you might see coaches and players selected in both teams.

To overcome this problem, perhaps you should create statistics that differentiate the two competitions, so you have 2 different statistics based on the average ratings and performances of players and goals scored.

Instead, as for making the All-Star Team of the Major League meet the All-Star Team of the Minor League, I haven't encountered problems of this kind.

Another very interesting function was trying an international tournament where I managed to have the All-Star Team of my league participate against normal teams like Barca, Real, PSG, and Juve. Registering the team directly in the TEAMS - Registered Teams panel.

I tested only one season, and it works, more or less capturing the players who stood out in the regular season of the league (although it doesn't reflect the TOP 11 that is awarded).

It's crucial that there are end-of-year awards in your league. This way, it will be easier for the algorithm to extrapolate the players' average. So, various awards like "best goalkeeper" or "best defender" will help you.

• 3 weeks later...

I have had some success with this and managed to make a version that has a PL all-star team V another selected team, I am currently making the Isle of Scilly League, they have an XI team playing a mainland team in the UK for this trophy below, however even with the same settings used for the PL allstars, the players in the League are not selected, and it uses greyed out randoms, any thoughts, the cup is at the start of the season, do i need to add some average ratings for the previous year. 

lyonesse cup a4 scaled 

5 minutes ago, Coxbox said:

I have had some success with this and managed to make a version that has a PL all-star team V another selected team, I am currently making the Isle of Scilly League, they have an XI team playing a mainland team in the UK for this trophy below, however even with the same settings used for the PL allstars, the players in the League are not selected, and it uses greyed out randoms, any thoughts, the cup is at the start of the season, do i need to add some average ratings for the previous year. 

lyonesse cup a4 scaled 

This is the problem that no one has solved

On 09/02/2024 at 00:50, Coxbox said:

lyonesse cup a4 scaled 

have you created the all start team yourself or have you just renamed an existing extinct all star team? you should just rename an existing one from south korea or china or australia or somewhere else.