[FM24][HELP]Random and Small Skinning Questions

TCSSkin

4 minutes ago, Bruno Faccini Santoro said:

I have been trying to change some colors to have a semi-functional light skin while I can't find a good one. In the Squad screen, I've managed to change the colors of the "Name" column through the fg color name parameter in the settings file, but the remaining columns are still white. How can I change the color of these other fields?

Reveal hidden contents

skin.png

If you are wanting to use a light skin or attempt to make a light skin, then what I have done for the past 2 versions of FM is to use @michaeltmurrayuk light base skin that he created for FM22. While this is not 100% complete and there will be some white text around, it is a good start and the main panels and text are black. You will just need to change the version number in the skin config file to 24.0.0

https://community.sigames.com/forums/topic/559996-fm22skin-light-skin/#comment-13355038

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, Alexpuk2002 said:

If you are wanting to use a light skin or attempt to make a light skin, then what I have done for the past 2 versions of FM is to use @michaeltmurrayuk light base skin that he created for FM22. While this is not 100% complete and there will be some white text around, it is a good start and the main panels and text are black. You will just need to change the version number in the skin config file to 24.0.0

https://community.sigames.com/forums/topic/559996-fm22skin-light-skin/#comment-13355038

Thank you for your suggestion, but I don't think it completely solves the problem. I've tried changing the version of Mustermann's light skin to 24 and the set pieces tab is missing, for instance. I'm afraid other older skins would have similar issues. 

Besides, after spending a few hours with this .XML file, I really would like to know what am I missing. 

3 minutes ago, Bruno Faccini Santoro said:

Thank you for your suggestion, but I don't think it completely solves the problem. I've tried changing the version of Mustermann's light skin to 24 and the set pieces tab is missing, for instance. I'm afraid other older skins would have similar issues. 

Besides, after spending a few hours with this .XML file, I really would like to know what am I missing. 

No problem, unfortunately until someone recreates a light skin and has gone through every single panel then there are always going to be certain areas that still have white text. I think some areas are hard coded and cannot be edited which is a pain. 

Question:

Is there a way we can make the active player instruction for passing visible? Currently the white text listed under Passing Directness in the Player Instruction shows the "offset" compared to the active Team Instruction. 

I would love it if I could know how short/direct each player is passing. For earlier FMs, SI did not set global passing for different mentalities/styles and now we have things like Play Out of Defence.

I don't mind using the tools available to me to set and tweak the tactics, but it makes no sense that the skin would not show what the current level is set as. 

Hi there,

I kinda like this years default skin, but I would only like to change 3 things, but I don't really know how, so I would appreciate if anyone could help me.

1. I would love to have a header that is fully colored with the teams colors, not this transparent thing with a little bit of the team colors on the left.
2. I want my sidebar to be in the teams colors as well.
3. I want a transparent background (well, boxes to be transparent, so that I can have a custom background)

I'm guessing that all of this should be possible, but could also be to hard for me to do since I have no knowledge at all in skinning. (I can edit the xml's a bit, but editing the boxes etc. is a no no for me :D )
Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I actually made it work.

Edited by Firehouse

8 horas atrás, Alexpuk2002 disse:

Light skins are a bit of a pain to get working 100%. I have been using light skins since FM 2005 and have tried to keep them going for my own use since they were discontinued in FM19 I believe. While it is possible to change the background to white and text to black, the main issue I keep coming across is that it is really difficult to find all the areas where the text needs changing to black.

@michaeltmurrayuk was the main person who used to create light base skins that we could edit, but he hasn't been active for a few years now which is a big loss. 

Due to the shear amount of work involved in creating a light base skin and the time it takes, I don't think this will happen again. I do wish SI would create a light and a dark skin within the game like they used to instead of just using one skin, but this doesn't look like it will happen either.

I am sure there will be a light skin released at some point, but these just take longer to create than the dark skins

IMO it should be like your phone or apps: dark mode and light mode.
Some kind of switch that ou click and the game change colours

On 07/11/2023 at 10:56, PIKO said:

Hi, I'm trying to get the matchday background to show the stadium backgrounds that are included in the backgrounds megapack.

I found this old thread that put me on my way:

But I can't seem to get it to work. Can someone spot what the problem with the code is?

Thanks in advance.

From what I gather it actually is loading the background, but it is overlayed by the dynamic screens, such as the locker room and the press conference background. Haven't figured out how to disable them as of yet though :/

EDIT: disregard, somehow I did it, although I'm not sure myself what fixed it. Hope it never breaks haha :D

Edited by PIKO

12 horas atrás, renato. disse:

UCSampdoria_Encontros2.png.db1341da9678db9e45d463b89be96fff.png

Anyone knows how to change the month separator colour between each month from black/transparent to another solid color?

I've been looking for a solution to this for ages, really. I've already looked through all the possible panels and nothing, not even a snippet to try to customize. I think it's something HARD CODED, unfortunately.

If anyone knows or finds out, I'd really appreciate knowing as well, please.

Edited by lugui

6 hours ago, Alexpuk2002 said:

Also, does anyone know which panel or code controls this section that I have highlighted in the red box?

Screenshot2023-11-08at15_29_34.thumb.png.a57ca95d4521a311801c1a5b11c4a8d6.png

I would say this 'team hierarchy player details panel' when you click on the player. And try to check the 'team chemistry hierarchy panel' rather. 

12 hours ago, Alexpuk2002 said:

again. I do wish SI would create a light and a dark skin within the game like they used to instead of just using one skin, but this doesn't look like it will happen either

i have raised the issue skinners have and the desire for a base light skin to return from fans to SI face to face, but it was late in 24's dev cycle, so maybe we can hope for 25 😂

22 minutes ago, ItsComingHome said:

what setting controls the colour of clickable links?  most in the SAS24 are bright green. I amended the "custom skin colour" in the default game settings but that has no impact. 

Try to find this '<colour name="link_button_inbox"   value=""/>' in the settings.xml file and change the value of the colour. 

Or similar colours related to the link buttons.

2 minutes ago, Jamie Aubrey said:

This is what I'm working off of but I can't find what I need, if I copy the code you provided it just shows the stadium as a full page image 

thats very odd. but try this then - i can't say something has ben changed, but not what i'm aware of

54 minutes ago, snowofman said:

thats very odd. but try this then - i can't say something has ben changed, but not what i'm aware of

I copied that code over and all it did was add the city name and nation, I've checked my city packs and everything seems to be find

Only thing I can think of is to just replace outside stadium packs with city pics and hope that works

image.thumb.png.e89451da8eb5bc729c4a632b5f7447b1.png

2 minutes ago, Jamie Aubrey said:

I copied that code over and all it did was add the city name and nation, I've checked my city packs and everything seems to be find

Only thing I can think of is to just replace outside stadium packs with city pics and hope that works

image.thumb.png.e89451da8eb5bc729c4a632b5f7447b1.png

i have no answers for you sadly.

Hi everyone. I'm trying to mixing my own kinda favorite skins to something as suit but right now I'm struggling the last little thing and it frustates med. I'm wondering where/ or how i can edit in a pitch down low in the left bottom corner, I have the follwing xml.file under panels/player? Something as conflict or how can i fix it? Maybe there is some information as I'm missing to give here?

Let me know then,

Thanks in advance..

image.thumb.png.51c0d97cd133ab2bacb6bb74229fce80.png

player positions indicator small horizontal.xml

1 hour ago, Berra said:

Hi everyone. I'm trying to mixing my own kinda favorite skins to something as suit but right now I'm struggling the last little thing and it frustates med. I'm wondering where/ or how i can edit in a pitch down low in the left bottom corner, I have the follwing xml.file under panels/player? Something as conflict or how can i fix it? Maybe there is some information as I'm missing to give here?

Let me know then,

Thanks in advance..

image.thumb.png.51c0d97cd133ab2bacb6bb74229fce80.png

player positions indicator small horizontal.xml 5.36 kB · 1 download

Try to edit line 5, you have a bordered box here with a bordered box appearance here. Or try to take the default 'player positions indicator.xml' file, there are more than only this small horizontal in default files. Maybe they will work here better. 

Edited by keysi

Hi guys ! 

i'm still trying to develop new version of the skin Electric Panther and i'm on a feature to allow the user to choose between number attribute or bar attribute. On the player overview no issues its works well but i'm trying to go in the same way in player comparison. i tried to add an other tab but only one works, i tried a selector and it seems it could work but the pop up button is unavailable maybe anyone have an idea here please ? 

Here a little screen below and the code of the part of player comparison panel and the selector code.

<container class="grootabs" id="mcbc" appearance="" default_item="OvrC" changed_event="dese"  save_session_state="true" height="40" navigation_container="true">

<!-- The overview panel is an xml file only and doesn't do anything clever except contain some more panels -->
				<container id="OvrC">
					<translation id="title" translation_id="323122" type="use" value="Overview[COMMENT: Player comparison type header]" />
					<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="0" apply_to_children="true" />

<container file="player/player comparison overview" id="over" hidden="true" />
				</container>

<!-- The attributes comparison panel is similar to the one found in person profile -->
				<container id="AttC">
					<translation id="title" translation_id="323123" type="use" value="Attributes[COMMENT: Player comparison type header]" />
					<layout class="arrange_vertical_attachment" alignment="top" offset="0" gap="0" />
					<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="0" apply_to_children="true" />

<container class="client_object_viewer_selector_panel" id="comp1" file="player/groot/selector/big/player comparison attribute selector panel" minimum_width="300" default_width="-2" priority="2">
						<integer id="default_for_unemployed_managers" value="attr2"/>
						<integer id="default_for_international_managers_other_team" value="attr2"/>
						<integer id="default_for_everyone_else" value="attr2"/>
						<integer id="default_for_versus_mode" value="attr2"/>
					</container>

</container>

and the selector code

<panel>
  <container id="SUBP" class="inner_subtle_box" >
    <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" apply_to_children="true" inset="0" />
    <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="0" />
  </container>

<widget class="popup_button" id="popv" auto_size="horizontal" height="20" click_event="msis" appearance="buttons/custom/customise panel/button" fixed="true" prme="false" navigation_focus_target="true">
    <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="left,top" inset="6"/>

<!-- This is a bit clumsy but I can't think of a better way without using equally clumsy code -->
    <!-- Animation to 'hide' the widget by drawing it out of the clipping area -->
    <!--<animation class="translate_animation" trigger_id="hidden" trigger_value="false" start_value="100.0,0.0" end_value="100.0,0.0" duration="0.1" end_mode="hold_end" apply_to_mouse="false"/>-->
    <!-- Animations to move it back and fade it in when moused over  -->
    <!--<animation class="translate_animation" trigger_start="msen" trigger_end="msex" start_value="-100.0,0.0" end_value="-100.0,0.0" duration="0.01" end_mode="hold_auto_reverse" apply_to_mouse="false"/>-->
    <!--<animation class="fade_animation" trigger_start="msen" trigger_end="msex" start_value="0.0" end_value="1.0" duration="0.4" end_mode="hold_auto_reverse"/>-->
  </widget>

<widget class="player_attributes_comparison_panel" id="attr">
    <translation id="title" translation_id="323123" type="use" value="Attributes[COMMENT: Player comparison type header]" />
    <record id="object_property" get_property="objt" set_property="objt"/>
  </widget>

<widget class="player_attributes_comparison_panel" file="player/groot/attribute/player attributes comparison panel" id="attr2">
    <translation id="title" type="use" value="Bar Attributes" />
  </widget>

</panel>

Thanks by advance guys for the help

image.png

10 minutes ago, Grootinho said:

Hi guys ! 

i'm still trying to develop new version of the skin Electric Panther and i'm on a feature to allow the user to choose between number attribute or bar attribute. On the player overview no issues its works well but i'm trying to go in the same way in player comparison. i tried to add an other tab but only one works, i tried a selector and it seems it could work but the pop up button is unavailable maybe anyone have an idea here please ? 

Here a little screen below and the code of the part of player comparison panel and the selector code.

<container class="grootabs" id="mcbc" appearance="" default_item="OvrC" changed_event="dese"  save_session_state="true" height="40" navigation_container="true">

<!-- The overview panel is an xml file only and doesn't do anything clever except contain some more panels -->
				<container id="OvrC">
					<translation id="title" translation_id="323122" type="use" value="Overview[COMMENT: Player comparison type header]" />

<container file="player/player comparison overview" id="over" hidden="true" />
				</container>

<!-- The attributes comparison panel is similar to the one found in person profile -->
				<container id="AttC">
					<layout class="arrange_vertical_attachment" alignment="top" offset="0" gap="0" />

<container class="client_object_viewer_selector_panel" id="comp1" file="player/groot/selector/big/player comparison attribute selector panel" minimum_width="300" default_width="-2" priority="2">
						<integer id="default_for_unemployed_managers" value="attr2"/>
						<integer id="default_for_international_managers_other_team" value="attr2"/>
						<integer id="default_for_everyone_else" value="attr2"/>
						<integer id="default_for_versus_mode" value="attr2"/>
					</container>

</container>

and the selector code

<panel>
  <container id="SUBP" class="inner_subtle_box" >
    <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" apply_to_children="true" inset="0" />
    <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="0" />
  </container>

<widget class="popup_button" id="popv" auto_size="horizontal" height="20" click_event="msis" appearance="buttons/custom/customise panel/button" fixed="true" prme="false" navigation_focus_target="true">
    <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="left,top" inset="6"/>

<!-- This is a bit clumsy but I can't think of a better way without using equally clumsy code -->
    <!-- Animation to 'hide' the widget by drawing it out of the clipping area -->
    <!--<animation class="translate_animation" trigger_id="hidden" trigger_value="false" start_value="100.0,0.0" end_value="100.0,0.0" duration="0.1" end_mode="hold_end" apply_to_mouse="false"/>-->
    <!-- Animations to move it back and fade it in when moused over  -->
    <!--<animation class="translate_animation" trigger_start="msen" trigger_end="msex" start_value="-100.0,0.0" end_value="-100.0,0.0" duration="0.01" end_mode="hold_auto_reverse" apply_to_mouse="false"/>-->
    <!--<animation class="fade_animation" trigger_start="msen" trigger_end="msex" start_value="0.0" end_value="1.0" duration="0.4" end_mode="hold_auto_reverse"/>-->
  </widget>

<widget class="player_attributes_comparison_panel" id="attr">
  </widget>

<widget class="player_attributes_comparison_panel" file="player/groot/attribute/player attributes comparison panel" id="attr2">
    <translation id="title" type="use" value="Bar Attributes" />
  </widget>

</panel>

Thanks by advance guys for the help

image.png

i had a similar problem in the in match widget at the bottom, it was fixed by locating the correct class.. so i would try and fidde with the classes

but you might need to run it throught another file where the class is and then from there call your comp file

thanks for the answer snow :) i saw what you mean, i had this issue you mention when i add player stat in club overview but this time is a bit different i think cause we can see on the screen the selector work and show the selected widget just i cannot change to up the other widget (which is exactly the same)

i love Si skinning issue but i'm at the end of the way on this one :'( 

think i understand how it works only tab which work have specific id for comparison if you add a tab with another id its broken. So probably we couldn't have several options and it couldn't work as i though :'(

7 hours ago, rushdengooner said:

@TCSSkin How 'easy' is it to do this? Would I need Photoshop or is there a site I could use?

I really love the WTCS skin, but the background is the only bit that's frustrating me now.

depends how good you are at Photoshop

28 minutes ago, Lumitchski said:

What skin is this mate? I love the stadium background in the match day! 

It’s a collection of panels (mainly from Sas) added to the default skin and then a background pack added.

The stadium only comes up like that when viewing the game after it’s played. It’s not there during the match as far as I know but I play on 3d highlights so that might be why.

I like to play FM with no real player pictures - just the blank silhouettes. 

In previous versions of FM, I used to extract the graphics folder and delete all the player pictures in the players folder, leaving only the config files and the default silhouettes.  I would then place this players folder in the graphics/pictures folder of the skin i was using. This does not seem to we working this year. 

I tried replacing the graphics.fmf file in the main game folder with my edited graphics folder and this seems to remove all the faces but leaves a blank space instead of a silhouette.  Players that never had a real photo still show silhouettes however.  Does anybody have any suggestions?

Hi, where can I find what controls the data hub and squad planner icons on the sidebar? I can see it should be -> skin/panels/menubar but I can't extract them from anywhere using the resource archiver. I'm using the old mod for the sidepanel which didn't have the squad planner and data hub yet, so these icons are just white and not the secondary team color, so they are impossible to be seen when the team color is white.

https://imgur.com/NAHGkHb https://imgur.com/h9AjKov

Edited by Firehouse

1 hour ago, Firehouse said:

Hi, where can I find what controls the data hub and squad planner icons on the sidebar? I can see it should be -> skin/panels/menubar but I can't extract them from anywhere using the resource archiver. I'm using the old mod for the sidepanel which didn't have the squad planner and data hub yet, so these icons are just white and not the secondary team color, so they are impossible to be seen when the team color is white.

https://imgur.com/NAHGkHb https://imgur.com/h9AjKov

sitoolkit.fmf/skins/fm-widgets/graphics/icons/16px

oh - it's the sidebar sections i believe you were looking for

Yeah, the sidebar sections. I don't think it has anything to do with the graphical icons, it's just that the .xml files for squad planner and data hub are missing. And since I'm using the sidebar mod from few years ago, those two things weren't the part of the game then. Now I tried to find those .xml files in the base skins or other people skins, but nobody has them. To mod the sidebar, I had to put files into 'skin name'->panels->menubar.

As you can see, the icons are there on the sidebar, but those two don't get recolored into secondary team colors as they should.
I'm a bit lost here.

EDIT:

Actually, @snowofman you were actually big help for me. I found the icons I was looking for, and I copied one of the .xml's that were good and just replaced values to match data hub/squad planner.
The only problem now is that since I copied the id's of finances, it now says Finances for Data hub on the sidebar. If I could just learn how to find translation_id= for data hub/squad planner (or if someone would be kind enough to tell me), I would fix the problem.

Edited by Firehouse

12 minutes ago, Firehouse said:

Yeah, the sidebar sections. I don't think it has anything to do with the graphical icons, it's just that the .xml files for squad planner and data hub are missing. And since I'm using the sidebar mod from few years ago, those two things weren't the part of the game then. Now I tried to find those .xml files in the base skins or other people skins, but nobody has them. To mod the sidebar, I had to put files into 'skin name'->panels->menubar.

As you can see, the icons are there on the sidebar, but those two don't get recolored into secondary team colors as they should.
I'm a bit lost here.

EDIT:

Actually, @snowofman you were actually big help for me. I found the icons I was looking for, and I copied one of the .xml's that were good and just replaced values to match data hub/squad planner.
The only problem now is that since I copied the id's of finances, it now says Finances for Data hub on the sidebar. If I could just learn how to find translation_id= for data hub/squad planner (or if someone would be kind enough to tell me), I would fix the problem.

Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2024\languages

there is a language file here with id's etc