The totally *not* official Advanced Access Speculation of FM24 - This time it’s speculative

• Administrators
Just now, bigmattb28 said:

In the old days we had to get the beta speculation thread to a certain page number

If it goes over 255 then it goes back to page 1 and you have to wait all over again, I'm afraid.

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, bigmattb28 said:

In the old days we had to get the beta speculation thread to a certain page number, and had to post a specific amount of gifs and Chuck Norris joke, but the FM gods haven't told us those numbers yet, so we've just gotta keep fighting the good fight until they deem us worthy enough

In that case...

image.gif.76f664442fd91cf642b57d52f36cef51.gif

So we all know today IS the day, now we need to speculate on the time, I'm hoping for a 9am kick off because that would be 24 hours since the YouTube Alpha videos went live, I'm expecting a late kick off though, maybe around 5pm

3 minutes ago, Lucas said:

If it goes over 255 then it goes back to page 1 and you have to wait all over again, I'm afraid.

But you have the power to stop that page reset ever being a thing by releasing the beta :brock:

1 minute ago, Weed07 said:

So we all know today IS the day, now we need to speculate on the time, I'm hoping for a 9am kick off because that would be 24 hours since the YouTube Alpha videos went live, I'm expecting a late kick off though, maybe around 5pm

Someday-soon GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

4 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I read this and take it that you're saying it's a possibility that we could get to 255 pages the beta is that far off...

My mind, soul and spirit has been destroyed by this thread!

Just now, Domoboy23 said:

My mind, soul and spirit has been destroyed by this thread!

Yet like an ex lover you can't let go of, you come crawling back every day....

Edited by bigmattb28

"Could those who know far more about this sort of thing than I provide a summary of evidence as to why today is likely for the BETA to drop?"

Previous versions of beta (I think on 3 occasions) were dropped on a Thursday.. among with other reasons I can't recall.

Edited by Goateelord

Just now, c0nn0r said:

Hope it’s today so we can play the beta. Part of me hopes it’s not today because it would kill the “it’ll be released when it’s ready” belief with it looking like today was decided beforehand as the beta day. 

Today is international beta day, so it's coming today

2 minutes ago, rdbayly said:

Could those who know far more about this sort of thing than I provide a summary of evidence as to why today is likely for the BETA to drop?

Because it is. 

Also Epic games briefly showed todays day for early access. Also Alpha videos dropped yesterday. Also if not today then likely Monday. Also if not today I think people will riot. Also because I said so.

9 minutes ago, rdbayly said:

Could those who know far more about this sort of thing than I provide a summary of evidence as to why today is likely for the BETA to drop?

Thursday is the most common day.

They won't release on a Friday or Weekend

Monday would be exactly 14 days before the expected release (and if it goes past Monday it would be the shortest beta ever).

18 minutes ago, Lucas said:

You wouldn't want to moderate that now would you?

(Make them push it)

7 minutes ago, bowieinspace said:

Last year the alpha videos came out on YouTube the day before the beta im pretty sure. I checked Zealand’s channel and his video released on the 19th, beta on the 20th. I remain confident today is the day.

I’m ready 

It has to be!

2 minutes ago, kiwityke1983 said:

Thursday is the most common day.

They won't release on a Friday or Weekend

Monday would be exactly 14 days before the expected release (and if it goes past Monday it would be the shortest beta ever).

It has previously released 13 or 12 days before the full version dropped. 

14 minutes ago, c0nn0r said:

Hope it’s today so we can play the beta. Part of me hopes it’s not today because it would kill the “it’ll be released when it’s ready” belief with it looking like today was decided beforehand as the beta day. 

It's definitely decided before hand. They don't just coincidentally get it ready approximately 2 weeks before each year. Plus the things like the YouTube and twitter etc need to be arranged. Also they have to balance it out between creating hype. Giving enough time for beta players to play, but not long enough that people binge it and then refund it (with steam, you can play as much as you want and refund it at any time in the beta. Because it's beta, the 2 hour rule does not apply)

Edited by trevjim

11 minutes ago, c0nn0r said:

Part of me hopes it’s not today because it would kill the “it’ll be released when it’s ready” belief with it looking like today was decided beforehand as the beta day. 

It's such an obvious fiction IMO if you think about it logically for more than a few seconds

what company releases a multi-million pound product on a whim... precisely zero.

SI are no different.

1 minute ago, c0nn0r said:

It has previously released 13 or 12 days before the full version dropped. 

The shortest I'm aware of was 2021 at 14 days. When did it drop as late as 12-13?