The totally *not* official Advanced Access Speculation of FM24 - This time it’s speculative

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, KingBuzzo15 said:

I'm gonna fix Utd then dominate like it's the 90's. Whilst listening to 90's alternative music, as I do every year.

Or I'll probably be sacked by xmas.

@jeffers89 is the same, although he usually is sacked by 1st November. Then ends up in some Dutch league and wins everything in the game. Don’t ask how he does it as I haven’t a clue. 

1 minute ago, gunner86 said:

I do like the sound of those blizzards.

And America does go nuts for it's sport. Went to my first Baseball game in April, had a cracking time.

Used to watch baseball in Korea fairly often. I say watch, what I really mean is drink beer and eat fried chicken.

2 minutes ago, gunner86 said:

I do like the sound of those blizzards.

And America does go nuts for it's sport. Went to my first Baseball game in April, had a cracking time.

Ironically, I’m hoping to go to my first Man City game next season. Any advice on navigating England? 

1 minute ago, Domoboy23 said:

I get bored of Civ 6 the more it goes on. Hard to keep track of my cities!

It's the glacial slowness I can't stand, and if I don't play for 2 days, I completely forget what I was planning in the first place

Just now, gunner86 said:

It's the glacial slowness I can't stand, and if I don't play for 2 days, I completely forget what I was planning in the first place

Yeah same, if I leave it a while I forget where I was or what I was trying to don.

1 minute ago, PGHJuice said:

Ironically, I’m hoping to go to my first Man City game next season. Any advice on navigating England? 

Avoid Manchester

Edited by bigmattb28

Just now, bigmattb28 said:

I feel there won't ever be a time where I eat enough
Apples Basket GIF - Apples Basket Fruit - Discover & Share GIFs

Idk if anyone else here does it, but I quite like to eat apple and cheese together - they actually taste great together

3 minutes ago, Karnack said:

Lots of SI-staff today! 

It's either them deciding on a post by post basis whether they will shut down this thread for good or its a sign.

I think it's a sign! BETA IS COMING!

I think for everyone's mental health it best be closed.

i don't watch gaming youtube videos, not because i hate peoples who makes them, i just want to discover the games by myself.

This is such a good feeling.

I have nothing against youtubers getting alpha version, this is how it works nowadays. 

No need to hate anyone, this thread is only about love.

15 minutes ago, samrnpage said:

If there is no twitter post by 5pm today, it isn't today. Not enough staff on the forum either. It's a shame I thought it was certain to be today

Not necessarily.  The twitter post and launch happened around 8pm a couple of years ago.

1 minute ago, Staf9 said:

i can understand the frustration but they are very clear about it every year, they have a general idea when they want to release it and if its ready they will do it on that day but if they told you it would be on the 19th at 6pm and something went wrong that delayed it would you be calm and accept it or would you be angry as you planned time off around the beta release??

I think most people would be understanding as long as it was communicated clearly and effectively enough beforehand.

The issue is that there are no competitors with a product anywhere near as good as theirs (which is a complement and a credit to them btw), so there is no incentive for them to improve customer engagement.

If there were 2/3 different highly competitive products in the field, you can bet that they would be communicating constantly with their customers, because they couldn't afford such complacency.

It's a constructive criticism that's all, and not an unreasonable one. There were people in here on Monday and Tuesday all day waiting for the beta. Presumably there was no chance of a release on those days. Would it be horrendous for someone in the know to inform their loyal customers that it wasn't going to be ready? I really don't think so.

1 minute ago, PGHJuice said:

The North is generally a pretty sound place to be honest, everyone seems to love Manchester. And largely they seem to be good people (Don't tell anyone I said that). Stay away from Newcastle though, those guys are nuts.

Just now, gunner86 said:

The North is generally a pretty sound place to be honest, everyone seems to love Manchester. And largely they seem to be good people (Don't tell anyone I said that). Stay away from Newcastle though, those guys are nuts.

We're not nuts, we're just a bit misunderstood

4 minutes ago, kiwityke1983 said:

Used to watch baseball in Korea fairly often. I say watch, what I really mean is drink beer and eat fried chicken.

They've made some changes to speed the game up, so it's actually pretty watchable. One beer was £11 though, and it was cold, which was felt antithetical

Just now, Espeo said:

Oh good! Most people I've met thought I was weird doing it

Get a plain Digestive biscuit, put a little bit of peanut butter on the flat side and then add a few chunks of apple on top. Thank me later. Works with cheese instead of peanut butter too. 

Just now, gunner86 said:

Also I've toured Old Trafford before and also been to watch a friendly match back in like 2011/2012 too, it was actually a really fun experience but when I was watching the match, because of how big the stadium is, we were really high up and could barely see anything. Really fun time though, but uhhh considering where I live (the south of England, not anywhere near the north), we traveled like 7 hours to get there (motorway was hell) and like another 9 to get home. All in 1 day. Not a good idea lmao

2 minutes ago, metal_guitarist said:

Get a plain Digestive biscuit, put a little bit of peanut butter on the flat side and then add a few chunks of apple on top. Thank me later. Works with cheese instead of peanut butter too. 

Ooh, I'll have to try that