Darius1998

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, RTHerringbone said:

Screenshot 2022-12-02 21.11.23.png

Argentina, England, France, Brazil should have an easy job.

Netherlands, Croatia, Spain and Portugals are favorites, but nothing is guaranteed.

I'd say that Argentina and Brazil are clear favorites of their parts of the bracket, Brazil being a tier above I'd say. They couldn't have asked for an easier path to the final, but still, it's the ultimate rival waiting in the semis, most likely.

Bottom half will be a mini-Euro, anything could happen.

France looked like the best team so far. Spain on the other hand is the best coached team, but with some glaring flaws.

England and Portugal feel like teams with overwhelming amount of attacking talent, held back by turgid style of play from their coaches.

Edited by GunmaN1905

2 minutes ago, Mahzun_Savas said:

England, Netherlands and Morocco finish the group stage with 7 points.

Goal Difference: England +7, Netherlands +4, Morocco +3.

Football's coming... to Morocco. :p

I wonder if these group defeats will help Spain and Brazil.

Brazil seem to think it is destined to be their year. They haven't really been tested, but a loss to Cameroon suggests the depth isn't there. It'll be interesting to see how they fare if they go a goal down in the knockout rounds. I have a sense they will be rather shell-shocked. 

Spain, similar. Found nothing when they really needed it in adversity against Japan. Perhaps a case of believing their own hype after the 7-0.

Edited by bolton1987

2 minutes ago, PMLF said:

For all the hype, Brazil scored only 3 goals in a relatively easy group, and lost a game (with reserves, but still…).

I guess you could look at it negatively and say the Brazil bench is apparantly weak. But of course the entire bench were playing. 

Just now, DJ said:

I guess you could look at it negatively and say the Brazil bench is apparantly weak. But of course the entire bench were playing. 

Given Brazil’s route, Brazil could still win in the end, but the squad do seem a bit overhyped. 

Just now, DJ said:

Fullbacks seem to be the only real weakness, apart from obvious lack of true striker.

Danilo already got injured, Dani Alves is there just to potentially get carried to a medala, so Militao has to play fullback.

On the left Alex Sandro's best days are long gone, Telles is average and got injured.

9 minutos atrás, GunmaN1905 disse:

Fullbacks seem to be the only real weakness, apart from obvious lack of true striker.

Danilo already got injured, Dani Alves is there just to potentially get carried to a medala, so Militao has to play fullback.

On the left Alex Sandro's best days are long gone, Telles is average and got injured.

Brazil could try playing with 3 CBs, I suppose...

6 minutes ago, shimera said:

Brazil could try playing with 3 CBs, I suppose...

Tite doesn’t like it much, though. But he could play Everton Ribeiro as left-back as that was his position back at youth level, and he played as left wingback under Paulo Sousa at Flamengo.

Edited by PMLF