[FM23] Canadian Megapatch (w/ proper 2024 CCL format)

On 09/01/2023 at 17:35, marshallherald said:

Hey boss this is sick, can anyone help me setting this up in fm23? I've downloaded the zip, just not sure how to get it into fm. Thanks

image.png.63f3e12c5f2d177ee0fdd7060aaba219.png

Go to where you installed FM23 on your PC and then make sure you have it under the editor data. Then after you load fm23 and start your career you click the football manager 2023 in the top right corner make sure the files are check marked like in the example below and hit confirm

20230112015205_1.jpg.3656c92f9a96fb32bad5b420bbf3ce32.jpg

When you get to this screen make sure you click on the drop down screen like in the example below and select the lowest league that way all leagues are loaded

20230112015510_1.jpg.b4cfa9fd6c2da7c2187cfa91ae1beefd.jpg

I hope this helps

Edited by Fmfan00

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Tytantinese said:

Holy mother of databases.

I really am excited to get this loaded up and play through it. In the middle of an HFX save, so really wish I would have stumbled onto this sooner, but oh well. 

At least now, you know he does this every year :thup:

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, dino88 said:

hey any news on the us file with the ncca added? it seems as if that topic has been deleted again lol

Will just have to wait. Maybe he is gonna start a new thread with a release or something. Is the Discord still active?

33 minutes ago, themodelcitizen said:

I'm sure he's aware of and working on whatever compatibility issues arose with the latest patch, along with the BCL1 team rebrand. Have some patience guys 

What info needs to be fixed and I can help help fix it… besides the rebrand what else needs to be fixed..

• 1 month later...

Hi all, sorry if this is a dumb question as I'm new to the editor, but has anyone been able to verify this patch through the latest version in the editor? It seems to be freaking out about being down a team in the CPL but when I try to add register Vancouver (my guess as to the problem at least) instead of saying you have 7 and need 8 teams, it's now saying you have 8 teams and need 9?

7 hours ago, goatmealcrisp said:

Hi all, sorry if this is a dumb question as I'm new to the editor, but has anyone been able to verify this patch through the latest version in the editor? It seems to be freaking out about being down a team in the CPL but when I try to add register Vancouver (my guess as to the problem at least) instead of saying you have 7 and need 8 teams, it's now saying you have 8 teams and need 9?

There have been some issues with update files in general since the winter update. However, the fact that, when you add a team, both numbers go up seems to indicate that Edmonton are being counted somewhere. Looking at the file, there could be 2 Vancouver FCs after the winter update as SI added one to replace Edmonton, and @yellowsweatygorillacreated one before the original file was released.

It's unverifiable unless FCE (and ofcourse my now duplicate van fc) is removed - because of some hardcoding they did with the Canadian Championship. It's really annoying that the continental competitions (which Can Champ counts as because of the 3 MLS clubs) have to be in a separate file so I can't fix it by changing that competition. I haven't yet released a fix, because unfortunately since the winter update, my file even if I fix the verification issue has been crashing consistently in 2029. I am still troubleshooting, but the good thing is that now L1Alberta has been announced I can fit that in too before re-releasing. Will keep people posted.

3 hours ago, yellowsweatygorilla said:

It's unverifiable unless FCE (and ofcourse my now duplicate van fc) is removed - because of some hardcoding they did with the Canadian Championship. It's really annoying that the continental competitions (which Can Champ counts as because of the 3 MLS clubs) have to be in a separate file so I can't fix it by changing that competition. I haven't yet released a fix, because unfortunately since the winter update, my file even if I fix the verification issue has been crashing consistently in 2029. I am still troubleshooting, but the good thing is that now L1Alberta has been announced I can fit that in too before re-releasing. Will keep people posted.

Saw something about that the other day but I don't know a lot about it, looking forward to it. Hopefully, SI will be able to sort the crashing issue out soon.

So good news, not sure if it was changes on my end or a patch for FM, but the game no longer crashes. I've put in L1 Alberta, updated the Canadian Championship and CPL .. I intend to put in the real CPL schedule for 2023 and will hopefully release the file at the end of the week.

On 13/03/2023 at 22:07, yellowsweatygorilla said:

So good news, not sure if it was changes on my end or a patch for FM, but the game no longer crashes. I've put in L1 Alberta, updated the Canadian Championship and CPL .. I intend to put in the real CPL schedule for 2023 and will hopefully release the file at the end of the week.

Bless :applause:

31 minutes ago, yellowsweatygorilla said:

Winter 2.0 Update:
-New CanPL playoff format, game now starts in 2023 with FCE removed
-Real fixtures for 2023 (though some may be moved due to V-Cup)
-L1AB added, and changes to other L1C clubs

http://yellowsweatygorilla.com/2022/11/11/canadian-megapatch-2023/

You, Sir, are an absolute legend. Thanks for all the hard work you have put in.

4 horas atrás, yellowsweatygorilla disse:

Winter 2.0 Update:

Fantastic work as always.

two questions, in the file are coming two continental files being a 2.0, should use the two files or only one? I saw in another topic an answer from you that you would take a look at the concachampions qualification of the teams from the Caribbean and Central America. 

Thank you very much for your work.

1 hour ago, WatsonFM said:

Fantastic work as always.

two questions, in the file are coming two continental files being a 2.0, should use the two files or only one? I saw in another topic an answer from you that you would take a look at the concachampions qualification of the teams from the Caribbean and Central America. 

Thank you very much for your work.

Well, that was a mistake. There should've been only the 2.0 one so just use that.

Unfortunately, I've been too busy to do the rest of the CONCACAF competitions

10 hours ago, UbiquitousHolomovement said:

Anyone else having trouble getting Vancouver FC's kit to work in the new update?

I tried renaming the file to the new ID number for VFC but still no luck. Any help would be appreciated.

Also does anyone know if VFC should have an Academy or not?

1679450447484827441576183314239.jpg

16794504698876218215369654306001.jpg

16794504890878792643234161605720.jpg

I don't know about the kit issue, but as far as academies go, half of the teams in the CPL don't have an academy side and, as such, @yellowsweatygorillahas set the database up to reflect this. As there has been no official announcement regarding a youth setup at Vancouver, one would assume that they don't yet have one.

14 horas atrás, UbiquitousHolomovement disse:

Anyone else having trouble getting Vancouver FC's kit to work in the new update?

I tried renaming the file to the new ID number for VFC but still no luck. Any help would be appreciated.

Also does anyone know if VFC should have an Academy or not?

1679450447484827441576183314239.jpg

16794504698876218215369654306001.jpg

16794504890878792643234161605720.jpg

kits working fine for me, you rename the id in config.xml too? 

<record from="2000238561h" to="graphics/pictures/team/2000238561/kits/home"/>
        <record from="2000238561a" to="graphics/pictures/team/2000238561/kits/away"/>

Em 17/03/2023 em 23:53, yellowsweatygorilla disse:

Well, that was a mistake. There should've been only the 2.0 one so just use that.

Unfortunately, I've been too busy to do the rest of the CONCACAF competitions

Ok, no problem about the file. 

Too bad, your CONCACAF file is very good, pity that SI does not help and fix the other competitions of central america and caribbean, but thank you very much for your file, thanks.

2 horas atrás, Fmfan00 disse:

as far as the main file goes the main file works but for the Continental file there's this error with 23.4

image.png.3f660975d003ea9328aaa02dcd85b1f3.png

This is very annoying, I think it is an error in the editor, I had some personal files and gives the same error, and has nothing to do with Iceland, do not know how to solve, the way and wait @@yellowsweatygorilla see if you can.

On 18/03/2023 at 02:15, yellowsweatygorilla said:

Winter 2.0 Update:

Sorry but the website posted seems to be down. Can you or someone upload the latest update to another host site? 

I was able to fix the  League 23.2 file in the editor and it's working fine!

Also, noticed you added the relegation/ promotion that's supposed to happen! Brilliant!

Edited by McBride

1 hour ago, McBride said:

I was able to fix the  League 23.2 file in the editor and it's working fine!

Also, noticed you added the relegation/ promotion that's supposed to happen! Brilliant!

so u were able to get it fixed with the iceland error that was happening with that file?

• 1 month later...
6 horas atrás, anitamui disse:

sorry for interrupting the silence 

but are you planning for real Caribbean Cup?

I am looking for something that reflects as close as possible all 5 competitions of Concacaf like this and I can't find it, I made a topic about it in the bugs section, where I got an answer that this is being looked at, my hope currently is in FM 24, I don't believe I can find more in FM 23 nor made by any creator, these days concacaf even brought more details about, the main competition was renamed even, if you want to see it there is a video about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAI506U2V-I

57 minutes ago, WatsonFM said:

I am looking for something that reflects as close as possible all 5 competitions of Concacaf like this and I can't find it, I made a topic about it in the bugs section, where I got an answer that this is being looked at, my hope currently is in FM 24, I don't believe I can find more in FM 23 nor made by any creator, these days concacaf even brought more details about, the main competition was renamed even, if you want to see it there is a video about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAI506U2V-I

I think you are looking for this. It has a realistic concacaf champions 

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 21/10/2023 at 08:18, Fmfan00 said:

those people who want to use a FM23 roster file in FM24 current working on fixing Canada database to include League2 Ontario for those who want to play it...

Curious how you got around the Can CHamp not working lol
 image.png.55b27415ebda6d0884ce3f6a7dd57e40.png

On 06/11/2023 at 18:14, LFCStevieG said:

Curious how you got around the Can CHamp not working lol
 image.png.55b27415ebda6d0884ce3f6a7dd57e40.png

basically what i did was i started the save in fm23... i saved it in fm23 and then loaded the svae into fm24.. its because of the changes in fm24 that u get that error or errors