FM Touch Apple Arcade - Where Is The Love?

Less than two weeks from release and still no feature information for FM Touch on Apple Arcade. Even FM Console have had their information by now.

I’m just glad its back after a year hiatus, I just hoped this time would be different but looks like the same old left in the corner vibes!

Disappointed.

8 minutes ago, Desmond Richardson said:

Going to jump in before the tags :D 

Just like Jon Snow - I know nothing! I promise... 

😂

I know you are limited by what you can say, but can you appreciate how it looks to the consumer to have no information about a product that comes out in less than 2 weeks? 

The FM Touch player base felt like we were outsiders, the forgotten ones previously; particularly with the last minute announcement that there was no FMT22. 

Imagine our excitement this year to hear it’s returning as an Apple Arcade exclusive. The expectation that SI and Apple would surely be marketing this, pushing ready for November 8th… 

And then nothing. Just feels disappointing already and the game isn’t even out yet. 

25 minutes ago, BuryBlade said:

😂

I know you are limited by what you can say, but can you appreciate how it looks to the consumer to have no information about a product that comes out in less than 2 weeks? 

The FM Touch player base felt like we were outsiders, the forgotten ones previously; particularly with the last minute announcement that there was no FMT22. 

Imagine our excitement this year to hear it’s returning as an Apple Arcade exclusive. The expectation that SI and Apple would surely be marketing this, pushing ready for November 8th… 

And then nothing. Just feels disappointing already and the game isn’t even out yet. 

What I will say is we did have feedback over the past year or so in regards to what is now Console, Touch and Mobile, that we weren't active enough within these spaces across our content and our social channels. We take this type of feedback seriously and I feel like (others may feel differently) that we're making good progress on this.

It's an exciting time of the year for all of us as we eagerly await news of our preferred platforms of choice etc. Please keep your eyes peeled on our socials and if you're not already, join FMFC for exclusive content too.

I appreciate the response and your thoughts. If we were still 1-2 months out from release, I’d agree.

I’m delighted the game is back, but I do marketing/hype could have been better considering release in 13 days. Little and often is usually best in social/marketing. 

That said, full fat FM is obviously the main product and moneymaker, so it’d be silly to expect Touch to be marketed ahead of this. 

2 hours ago, lola 10 said:

Even though we have no information on touch yet do we know if it’s out on November 8th like the full fat game?

1 hour ago, ollie_davis said:

Yes it is

Well, Apple Arcade has it listed as ‘Expected Nov 8th’ - the expected part sure seems to give them wiggle room if the release is delayed. (Tin foil hat well and truly on!)

1 hour ago, lola 10 said:

So on Apple devices there will be fm mobile and fm touch ?

That's correct. You'll be able to purchase Football Manager Mobile from the App Store, and you will be able to access Football Manager Touch with an active Apple Arcade subscription. 

I’d be surprised if it differs much from the console version and new features. One thing I’m confused about are the 2 different looking skins from screenshots on Apple Arcade. One has the neon pink font (from FM22) and one has the sky blue (From FM23). Makes me question if it’s a build from last year that wasn’t released and instead delayed until this year. That or it’s just 2 different skins? 

examples here:FF16BE9A-A54F-4553-9AEB-6BE89A8E060C.jpeg.cd9940ecff0d9c3781c9abcc7a51a795.jpeg8002B175-6B88-491F-AB21-C6364DE70EB6.jpeg.a166d5a7048b0b65ff86ba8571afb8bd.jpeg

On 28.10.2022 at 11:45, ollie_davis said:

Will today be the day we get news?

otherwise it won’t be till next week, which is only a week (hopefully) from release…

Another week and no news for touch version, god help us :ackter:

6 hours ago, grade said:

Another year... :( the same old story...

I give up.

This has been the worst year for me as an FM Touch fan. After the shambles of last year and no game, there was renewed hope with it being an Apple Arcade exclusive. But here we are just 7 days from ‘expected release’ and we have next to zero information. 

I have no hope whatsoever that the product that gets released is going to be in a playable state (think every single release and major bugs)

2 hours ago, BuryBlade said:

This has been the worst year for me as an FM Touch fan. After the shambles of last year and no game, there was renewed hope with it being an Apple Arcade exclusive. But here we are just 7 days from ‘expected release’ and we have next to zero information. 

I have no hope whatsoever that the product that gets released is going to be in a playable state (think every single release and major bugs)

We have praise, when its do. Its going to be playable.

3 hours ago, ollie_davis said:

FM21 wasn’t playable after release either because of that youth bug, otherwise I’d still be playing it

For me playable is hitting continue and the game process everything fine without an error or bug.

Yours and BuryBlade bugs depends on each user patience to pass that annoynce of the game.

@Neil Brock maybe you can to our rescue, once again. :D

Edited by grade

12 minutes ago, grade said:

For me playable is hitting continue and the game process everything fine without an error or bug.

Yours and BuryBlade bugs depends on each user patience to pass that annoynce of the game.

@Neil Brock maybe you can to our rescue, once again. :D

Fair enough - for me, I literally couldn’t manage a country after about 10 seasons unless I loaded that nation and after 1 season I could only get regens from 1-2 countries! 

1 minute ago, richardbeckensall said:

Apple Arcade is £4.99 a month in the UK, so to play just this game is going to cost £59.88 for the year versus £36ish for the standard laptop version. Is that correct?

That is correct

1 hour ago, richardbeckensall said:

Apple Arcade is £4.99 a month in the UK, so to play just this game is going to cost £59.88 for the year versus £36ish for the standard laptop version. Is that correct?

Yes, but their argument is you aren’t just getting FM but all Apple Arcade games.

also, if you get a new Apple device, you get three months free Apple Arcade and tbh, I’d probably cancel come June / July anyway until the new one comes out unless I’m really into me save.

SI wouldn’t have brought it back had it not been for Apple, so I don’t mind paying £5 a month for it. 

Think about it from this angle...you start a save on your iPad through Arcade and you're about to go on holiday irl. Whilst you're at home you can (hardware permitting!) cast your iPad screen onto your Apple tv or any smart TV and actually watch your Touch games through your TV. If you're too engrossed into the save and it comes time to go on a long trip...you can disconnect...save game...go on your journey pull out your mobile and log into Arcade and continue the save in the exact same way you would on your iPad. I'm really looking forward to actually having a 3D engine game on my phone for the first time!

I honestly can't wait. It's amazing to hear that FM Touch is a) back and b) on Apple Arcade. What a way to celebrate my 30th year of the game (from Champ Man 1993 to now - man I feel old!)

At this point don't really care, about any more announcements. They can announce a freaking Editor for this mode, I simply don't care.

Nothing was posted here, just on the FMFC site, who... I simply forget that it actually exists. Don't know why SI keeps insisting in funneling these announcements, through a death site, that provides nothing more just a justification to play a multiplayer mode. When they have perfectly good home here.

But what truly shocks me, yet again, the announcements for touch, were hidden... no link to these forums at all... Was it released on Twitter that they made Arcade/Touch announcements?

I don't get it... at all! To be fair, I'm sick and tired what do SI want from this game mode. If by what Miles (it was posted here by Neil, because for some reason Miles didn't) said last year, if you want to drop it this mode, drop it already. And be done with it already.

Stop doing stuff like this announcing things quietly 4 days before release to FM Classic fans. It ain't right.

Edited by grade

Amen @grade

I get full fat is their money maker, but surely the absolute lack of/abandonment of Classic/Touch/Xbox Edition/Arcade Edition/Whatever it's called this year marketing can't help it. 

It feels like they had a fixed term contract to make the game and it's coming to the end of it and SI just cba with it anymore (which is daft, given the effort put into the game. Hell, if I worked on it I'd be really annoyed at how it's sold).

I'm going to use my Apple Arcade trial to play it on my phone, but I think that might be it for me and CM/FM.

New video and screenshots on Apple Arcade. Not much but it’s something. Almost certainly no squad planner in Touch. 

If I worked at SI and had been on the FMT project team all year, I’d want to show off/market what I’d been working on. Almost feels like it’s an afterthought and that it’s going to be a one and done year with Apple. 

26 minutes ago, BuryBlade said:

New video and screenshots on Apple Arcade. Not much but it’s something. Almost certainly no squad planner in Touch. 

If I worked at SI and had been on the FMT project team all year, I’d want to show off/market what I’d been working on. Almost feels like it’s an afterthought and that it’s going to be a one and done year with Apple. 

The strangest thing is that nobody from SI can explain it! Nobody every explains what their strategy actually is regarding Touch…

IMO the whole thing needs a shakeup, including the main game. I wonder if they worry more people will love Touch if they advertise it, seen as the Full Fat game is like a fulltime job nowadays.

1 hour ago, BuryBlade said:

Yeah shame no squad planner.

Hopefully will be 5 nations we can load, not 3.

more annoyed we won’t be able to add graphics - which I appreciate isn’t necessarily SI’s fault