The FM23 Youth Academy Challenge

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't think I'll continue with Cottbus, just not falling in love with it... Might need a break from the challenge, or at least try to find a team that really grips me. Not sure yet.

8 minutos atrás, XaW disse:

Don't think I'll continue with Cottbus, just not falling in love with it... Might need a break from the challenge, or at least try to find a team that really grips me. Not sure yet.

I ve been there. :( Hope you can find something.

1 hour ago, XaW said:

I feel this too. I'm reaching that point in Bulgaria that I reached in Portugal and Hungary where I can't break the dominant team(s) and it's giving me the itch to start again. I've never managed outside Europe on any FM going back to CM01/02 but I'm really tempted to give Brazil a try.

Welcome to my new Challenge - Senegal the start of a multi-fm challenge across Africa, if I fail I move on but the aim is to tick off as many as possible over the next ..... years. My Ivorian save was corrupted for some random reason so I am hoping this does not plague me again

1.PNG.0e56c19dd22be9c92a84423761c8cf75.PNG

2.PNG.730bb97be8057982e8d081580edfbfcc.PNG

4.PNG.cf78c81166e0389dc37f9a65ccb6a9c0.PNG

5.thumb.PNG.022b940fe9b788647dc92e9b709a375d.PNG6.thumb.PNG.c993c1674d7c25d86496b464e40d4262.PNG

Senegal's top league is currently ranked 29th so one of the lower ones in this journey, and we start in the lowest of the low the only 4th tier in the database, is any of these lads know how to kick a ball I will be shocked. Released 8 players on arrival to trim the squad of the worst of the worst personalities. Going to be an interesting ride. 

3.PNG

I have some questions.

Is it allowed to make a second human trainer for my second team?

Also in my second team were some players without contract that just in the second season appeared. They got promoted in the first finish league and i think they came while i was still in charge with transfers.  Without contract but not greyed out but in there history was just Jazz pori II and no other club. I didnt use them and released them. Did i fail the youth challenge?

I have been reloading for hours and hours to get my chosen team in Denmark "Boldklubben 1908" but no luck.

I will instead rejoin the challenge with Brønshøj. Last time i went to a match with them IRL you could buy glass bottle beers. So there are some fun memories from this club and their loyal (semi drunk:cool:) fans.

Heliopolis SC - Season 4

spacer.png

*Tournaments:

It's been a really disappointing year, we never competed for promotion. In the cup we had little luck facing the mighty Al-Ahly in the first round.

spacer.png

*Youth Intake:

While we didn't get any youth "star" this year, we do have a lot of interesting youngsters adding to the squad rotation.

spacer.png

spacer.png

*Transfers:

spacer.png

Santa Cruz FC - Brasileiro Serie C

1866441987_SantaCruzhire.png.9ab237cd8c3510fb23ec73e2595e618c.png=

I've decided to take a short break from my Bulgarian save to scratch an itch I've had for some time. I mentioned a few posts back I have never managed outside Europe in over 20 years of playing FM but something about Brazil has been tempting me for some time now. I've taken over at Santa Cruz FC who were promoted into Serie C, which is the lowest playable tier out of the box. They seem fairly well set up, with a huge 55,000 all seater stadium and above average youth recruitment always a plus for this challenge. We have a decent sized squad of 22 players but 5 are over 35 with 3 of those already announcing retirement at the end of the season, meaning I'll be looking to the intakes fairly quickly.

The interesting part of this challenge for me is that I know absolutely nothing about how the Brazilian structure works. From what I've seen so far I start the season with a State Championship against other local teams ranging from Serie A to amateur, then I'm entered into the group stage of a local cup (Copa Nordeste) alongside the national FA cup style competition that seems to be a straight knockout. If we progress through all that it could be 20 games before the league even starts! Serie C has 20 teams but from what I can tell we only play each other once. Then there's some sort of playoff for promotion with the bottom 4 being relegated. Really looking forward to it, can't wait to try and unearth the next Ronaldinho or Neymar.

hireprofile.thumb.png.098eb9946123be410d19931ac628efbb.png

Its been a long, long time since I played FM alot and my greatest achievement was completing the San Marino Challenge back in FM12.  Beating England in the WC final 3-2 in 2050 (I think).  I had a huge thread over in the stories section of the forum.  So my wife got me fm23 for christmas and I've been playing about with Man City and a top level career learning the ins and out. I have owned other fm's but haven't had huge time with them since about 2016.  This should be fun.  After digesting a ton of youtube and tactical forum content I'm ready for a challenge.

Foolishly I've picked England, I say foolishly because whilst its probably the toughest to work up the leagues, its probably the one that will be strongest and easiest to win the CL from.  But alas I ain't simming another year for somewhere else.

Looking at the promoted teams I opted for the ones with the worst odds and thus...

Hired:

Spoiler

Hired.PNG.4d014cf93e6f533fe99b2f97da986892.PNG

With odds of 450/1 this should be a rough start.

Manager Stats.

Spoiler

GerMana.PNG.b9df8943e8c774801e937f098a7b4a22.PNG

Proof of Correct Option Settings:

Spoiler

optionsSetting.PNG.74e4ba740dd090cac19fab8aa10f93f1.PNG

Not sure what else to put here other than we're crap.

Facilities:

Spoiler

facilities.PNG.3eb6c6313c1dcec3346dbf195bc01373.PNG

Thats about it, wish me luck. I'll be sacked by November.

MIPW92l.png

2028/29 Season Review:

vL6G74R.png

YTj6Pph.png

I was hoping for more so this is a bit disappointing. There's a gap between us and the teams above us and one for all the teams below us. An early exit in Conference league was rough. A rec Card in the 2nd leg and we managed to hold on to penalties, but the keeper missed his. The red card struck us twice. 

xB7Ndxu.png

eIfU5bA.png

s5ldUsW.png

Y25B wouldn't resign and we just let the contract expire since I don't really need more money and figured I'd max out time with my best player. A slightly larger stadium is being built. Not really sure the benefit of just  under 3000. 

Youth Intake: 

HN03z1d.png

h9424KL.png

Another good crop of players, and the keeper is immediately going to push for starting.

2029/30 Season Preview:

3DnAU6s.png

Since the third has never been used I decided to make that the away this season. Third will just be plain white until it's ever used. 

Pbh78m5.png

wGH43JL.png

I suspect a similar finish in league, and hopefully making the league phase in Conference League. I'll be doing some tactic tinkering to see if there's more I can get out of the players and push higher.

Well I predicted November but I almost made christmas lol...

What can I say we had 8 non-grey players on the books in total and had at least 2 injured non-stop.  Starting every game with at least 5 1/2 white star grey players was quite tough and a goalkeeper who I think was a hologram didn't help.  The board then inexplicibly demanded I drop one of my only non grey players who was rated 5 star due to bad form and it all got even worse.  I really shouldn't have thrown that water bottle after the game vs Dover, thats when I lost all 8 people at the club.

In the end though it was probably the shortest and worst attempt at this challenge from anyone thus far in living memory and I walk away feeling like Frank Lampard.

sacked.PNG.700a1714774d338756ffea6f4709f32b.PNG

On course to finish the season with 6 points.

table.PNG.72873da4de175631aba8219c20c4b9d6.PNG

What a run of results...

730053625_thatstheendofthat.PNG.8c358540734d19c200adff438a637c56.PNG

Luckily for me, I have a week off work, so we go again.

Edited by P O\'D

10 hours ago, Libertine13 said:

But since my contract was up the board did pull me in for a chat. I basically had to beg to keep my job, which I wasn't happy about doing but fortunately I'm still here. I'd have been devastated to be sacked after one poor showing in the top division!

Enjoying your NI progress! Glad you've got an understanding board that has let you survive relegations, makes for a more realistic rise through the leagues. Makes me think SI tweaked this in the updates as it was brutal at the start of this cycle. I'm still salty about my first run in Luxembourg when apparently 1000-1 odds meant I should have kept the team up...

Quick question as I'm unsure on the rules, seeing Belgium wasn't completed I decided to give it a try despite the bug and this happened.  I imagine Lokeren is against the spirit of the challenge?

Lucky.PNG.f5d66d422133b427b3c6fc7b38e70f8c.PNG

Edited by P O\'D

5 minutos atrás, P O\'D disse:

Quick question as I'm unsure on the rules, seeing Belgium wasn't completed I decided to give it a try despite the bug and this happened.  I imagine Lokeren is against the spirit of the challenge?

Lucky.PNG.f5d66d422133b427b3c6fc7b38e70f8c.PNG

As long as it fits the rule "with a previously unplayable club", you can use it.

The downside is that you might have a board with high hopes for your first season.

1 minute ago, The7Striker said:

As long as it fits the rule "with a previously unplayable club", you can use it.

The downside is that you might have a board with high hopes for your first season.

Thanks dude I might do it so I last more than 25 games this time.  Just wanted to double check.  Might offset the cash bug in Belgium too.

MIPW92l.png

2029/30 Midseason Review:

B6oQUtB.png

As I stated in the preview I planned to do some tactical tinkering. The results have been a bit mixed, but I'm at least learning some things that don't work. I'm still pretty confident we'll finish top 5, but if things look dicey I'll switch to old ones which would be good enough to finish 5th I believe. 

Intake Preview:

0qxxwTD.png

I don't really need another keeper, but all the other A's and B look good to me.