How has this 17 year old scored 40 goals in 17 games in u18

It looks like your u-18 manager is arranging friendlies. They don't usually think about against whom they should play. They arrange randomly anyone who is available so it's possible that they've been playing against some random lower-league youth sides.

And even if they are playing in 'regular' youth league they are easy to dominate with player's tactics and when you get decent youngsters. In general player will bring much more and much better youngsters than any AI controlled team.

2 minutes ago, Orion_ said:

It looks like your u-18 manager is arranging friendlies. They don't usually think about against whom they should play. They arrange randomly anyone who is available so it's possible that they've been playing against some random lower-league youth sides.

And even if they are playing in 'regular' youth league they are easy to dominate with player's tactics and when you get decent youngsters. In general player will bring much more and much better youngsters than any AI controlled team.

I had a look at the u18 fixtures and there is only the pre season friendlys which is 4 games, they score at least 3 to 5 goals a game in the league its only the u18 division 3 north east

With a strong youth team it is perfectly possible for a striker to  get this number, particularly against weak opposition.  If the youth manager also doesn't rotate the squad, he will always be playing and if he keeps fit, it can happen.

XG of 7 is pretty funny. U-18 isn't really as competitive as RL, so it's easy to dominate there. But your coaches also rate this kid at 2½ stars, indicating he's almost as good as your average first team player.

12 hours ago, Nacaw said:

XG of 7 is pretty funny. U-18 isn't really as competitive as RL, so it's easy to dominate there. But your coaches also rate this kid at 2½ stars, indicating he's almost as good as your average first team player.

He certainly not ready for the first team I play with a skin that hides the attributes so its sometimes hard to tell but I'm playing a       4-2-4 wide or a 4-4-1-1 I joined Newcastle they were already in championship with a premier league standard squad, I have muriqui who has 13 goals in 17 avg rating of 7.25 and pros of constant and likes big games and michy batshuayi [I got for free] 11 goals in17 games 7 avg rating and again pros of consistent and likes big games.

I have balogun on loan so he would be the 4th choice but dont need that rn

3 hours ago, marclogan19 said:

Get that boy in the first team, can't say he hasn't earned it

certainly not ready for the first team I play with a skin that hides the attributes so its sometimes hard to tell but I'm playing a       4-2-4 wide or a 4-4-1-1 I joined Newcastle they were already in championship with a premier league standard squad, I have muriqui who has 13 goals in 17 avg rating of 7.25 and pros of constant and likes big games and michy batshuayi [I got for free] 11 goals in17 games 7 avg rating and again pros of consistent and likes big games.

I have balogun on loan so he would be the 4th choice but dont need that rn

I remember getting beaten 0-20+ in a friendly when I was 16, the guy who arranged that friendly should have walked the plank. Their striker scored at least 10 ....

You get some pretty ridiculous scores in youth friendlies when teams are heavily unmatched.

32 minutes ago, potbellypigs said:

It's the over powered downloaded tactic you're telling the U18 boss to use.

Sounds like you haven't a clue on how to play FM so just say anyone that has any success must be using some sort of OP tactic \o/

23 hours ago, PandaIsland said:

I had a look at the u18 fixtures and there is only the pre season friendlys which is 4 games, they score at least 3 to 5 goals a game in the league its only the u18 division 3 north east

He's rated by your coaches as first team fringe standard (apparently at least Championship standard) and he's playing u18 football against players who will mostly have CAs around 50 . Bet some of his teammates are too good for the league too.

On 02/03/2021 at 22:18, Nacaw said:

Its almost certainly not an XG of 7, have a look at any u23 or u18 player and their XG will always match their assists - its a display bug. If its still not fixed it never will be.

Edited by qwertygod

14 hours ago, potbellypigs said:

It's the over powered downloaded tactic you're telling the U18 boss to use.

lol, thank you for thinking my tactic is that good, It is not downloaded and even if it was its not that bad. Im in the championship with a premier league standard squad, i joined them after they got relegated I have two different tatics and have played the game for about 20 seasons [including previous saves] I have watched many youtube videos podcast streams etc.

Why are people going on about tactics to explain this? This player is 2 and half star rated striker. A 2 and a half star rated striker banging in 2 goals a game at under 18 level isn't all that impressive, he's basically first team level. Most under 18 level players wouldn't be anywhere near that developed.

Edited by Dundalis