Wallace v Roberts 2009

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

November

Blyth 2-0 Alfreton (BSN) -

A comfortable win gave us a promising start to the month. However Karl Nash would be ruled out by injury for most of it now after being injured in this match.

Gillingham 3-0 Blyth (FA) -

Despite the scoreline our players played very very well and we were very unlucky not to get at least a consolation goal. Not to mention the 70 odd thousand pound profit we made from this game.

Farsley 1-0 Blyth (BSN) -

A game in which we never looked like winning, as soon as Farsley took the lead we never looked like scoring.

Blyth 0-0 Redditch (BSN) -

Our third successive game without a goal, it was a draw, but a point is better than nothing.

Blyth 1-1 Newport County (FAT) -

Phil Russell's late late equaliser kept us in the FA Trophy, we would have to play a replay in the near future.

Newport County 0-1 Blyth (FAT) -

It was Phil Russell who scored again against Newport County, this time to win the match and put us through to the next round.

Stalybridge 0-0 Blyth (BSN) -

Another poor attacking display, however we were sound defensively and i'm pleased with the point.

Table - Despite dropping out of the play-off places we are still only a few points away from them.

Goals seem to be at a premium for both teams. Is that just down to having poor strikers or is it something that's been toned down in 09? Was a rare occasion either side didn't score at least 3 goals in the games played last time out.

Could be do to with the fact the 'physical' stats have all been improved by quite a bit?

Guest roberto922

It doesn't matter who I sign in my game theres only one player I have that can score regularly, I'm in BSN with Leon Constantine who looks quality and he can't even score :mad:

It doesn't matter who I sign in my game theres only one player I have that can score regularly, I'm in BSN with Leon Constantine who looks quality and he can't even score :mad:

I went through a phase of not playing any attackers just because they weren't scoring.

December

Blyth 1-0 Solihull Moors (BSN) -

A nice comfortable victory over a team rather familiar with the Northern Monkeys ;)

Workington 1-1 Blyth (BSN) -

A fairly good game in which we could have won, but a point wasn't all that bad a result.

Blyth 1-0 Banbury (FAT) -

We won in the FAT first round in a slightly unconvincing victory, however a win is a win.

Blyth 3-2 Droylsden (BSN) -

A great victory, which came with an especially from Karl Nash.

Burscough 0-0 Blyth (BSN) -

A bore draw, but again, a point is a point.

Table - Back in the play-off places, but it's all looking very tight at the top.

January

Blyth 2-1 Leigh Genesis (FAT) -

Another win puts us through to the next round of the FA trophy.

Blyth 2-3 AFC Telford (BSN) -

When we scored to make it 2-3 I was almost certain that we'd get an equaliser but it just never came.

King's Lynn 1-0 Blyth (BSN) -

Our second loss on the trot, this time we failed to score at all which was very disappointing.

Blyth 2-0 Fleetwood (BSN) -

A win to end our win-less run of 2 games, might not sound like much, but a win was needed to maintain our high league finish.

Hucknall 0-2 Blyth (BSN) -

A good victory for the side in a tough away game.

Blyth 0-0 Crawley (FAT) -

A poor game will result in us having to play a replay.

Table - Still in a nice comfortable position, with a game in hand to all the teams above us.

February

Braintree 1-1 AFC Wimbledon

Even game here and I guess a draw was a fair result.

Braintree 0-2 St. Albans

Totally outplayed here, would like to forget about it.

Dorchester 1-1 Braintree

After conceding an early goal we equalised thanks to our youngster Ollie Hedge.

Braintree 3-3 Eastleigh

Should have won it but for one man on their team.

Fisher 0-1 Braintree

Fantastic result against a club that has brought us many memories. Braintree manager Danny Roberts was spotted celebrating late into the night and was involved in an incident at Fishers stadium involving the champions league trophy, a yellow liquid and an unfortunate tour guide.

Weston-Super-Mare 2-1 Braintree

Luckily got a goal in the end but we were always going to lose.

Squad

League Table

Done March as well but haven't done the update, will do it tomorrow. Think I am halfway through April on the game though

March

Braintree 0-3 Bishop's Stortford

Completely outplayed there with a very dissapointing result.

Worcester 1-1 Braitree

Looked over after they scored in injury time but Martin Henry scored in the last minute of injury time to get us a point.

Braintree 2-3 Welling

Poor game after taking the lead, made worse with the sending off.

Bath 2-2 Braintree

Great, if a bit late comeback and we were happy to take a point.

Squad

League Table

Hey sorry to do this but can I move my go? I have the next season after Paul but I've realised next week is when all my essays are due in rather than the week after :( and with lack of internet over xmas I won't be able have a go until January. So anyone who wants next go with the monkeys let me know

February

Crawley 3-1 Blyth (FAT) -

We were heavily defeated in the third round replay, it was disappointing to go out, but at least now we could focus on the League.

Southport 0-0 Blyth (BSN) -

Another draw in a game which we could and should have won, however as i've said many times this season, it was a game on another day we could have lost.

Blyth 1-1 Hyde (BSN) -

I was convinced when we equalised we were going to go on and win the game 2-1, but that winning goal just didn't come.

Blyth 2-1 Harrogate (BSN) -

Nearly blew it, however Russell's goal to put us back in-front won us the game.

Blyth 0-1 Tamworth (BSN) -

A loss which puts the cherry on top of a fairly disappointing month.

Table - Down to 10th with a game in hand, however we still look on for a mid-table finish, which would definitely be a good achievement.

Hey sorry to do this but can I move my go? I have the next season after Paul but I've realised next week is when all my essays are due in rather than the week after :( and with lack of internet over xmas I won't be able have a go until January. So anyone who wants next go with the monkeys let me know

according to the list 'ssestig' is next

according to the list 'ssestig' is next

from the first page

Northern Monkeys:

1. PaulHartman71

2. Blowcrapup

3. ssestig

4. rlipscombe

5. Canvey!! (just before Christmas)

6. bermybhoy (between Christmas and Jan 6, hopefully)

7. Jimbokav1971

8. robertlangman

9. chopper99

10. mocko666

11. Dava

12. NepentheZ

13. spartans5

i'm fine with that. to be honest i might need to slide down the list a bit too as my game is running REALLY slowly at the moment, so it would take me a while to get through the season. i'm working on getting the extra memory at the moment which should help.....

March

Hinckley 1-1 Blyth (BSN) -

A good draw in a tough away game, we did very well to hang on for the point as Hinckley had many good chances to make it 2-1.

Stafford 0-1 (BSN) -

To put it bluntly, it was daylight robbery :D

Blyth 4-1 Gainsborough (BSN) -

A very good second half performance inspired a memorable victory.

Blyth 0-1 Gateshead (BSN) -

Our first and only loss in March came at home to Gateshead.

Alfreton 1-1 Blyth (BSN) -

An own goal gave us a point to put the cherry on top of a generally good month.

Table - 7 games remaining and we are still a good outside bet on promotion, but a top half finish looks more likely at this moment in time.

April (With bit of May)

Blyth 1-1 Farsley (BSN) -

Another draw which gave us a nice point, these points really seem to be adding up

Redditch 0-0 Blyth (BSN) -

2 draws in as many games in April, which gave us a nice start.

Blyth 0-1 Stalybridge (BSN) -

A tough 1-0 loss in a game in which we never looked like winning.

Solihull Moors 0-2 Blyth (BSN) -

A win over the original Monkeys. Blyth proved that the new Monkeys are better than the old ones.

Blyth 4-2 Workington (BSN) -

A big victory for Blyth in one of the last games of the season

Blyth 2-1 Burscough (BSN) -

Despite going behind, we came back and won the match in style.

Droylsden 1-2 Blyth (BSN) -

Our final game of the season put the cherry on top of a very good first season

Table - In the end we narrowly missed out on a play-off place, but it was still a brilliant first season.

I'll do a proper update either tonight or tomorrow with the save game :thup:

End of Season Review

The season was one of a lot more ups than downs we went into the season optimistically and came out of it nearly getting into the playoffs which was very pleasing.

Squad - I didn't at first think the squad was capable of a mid-table finish and was admittedly expecting a relegation fight, however after getting a Goalkeeper on loan from Darlington and a back-up RB we still managed to finish 7th, which means in my opinion that the squad certainly plays better than what it looks like on paper. Jon Sayer is our key defensive player, and was probably our best player during the season. I was very impressed that in 53 games he was only booked 4 times, which for a defender is very good. He is still fairly young so presumably has a bright future in the game ahead of him, whether it's at Blyth or not. Stefan Jones was our key Goalkeeper, on loan from Darlington he was a lot better than our original Goalkeeper Trever Russell who nonetheless played 18 times anyway due to Stefan Jones picking up an injury. He was a very good Goalkeeper for us, and although he will never play for us again, he was a valuable part of our squad in our very first season. Phil Russell was our main striker this season, scoring 12 times. This may not seem like a lot for a top Goal scorer, but we've had goals from other players to. I think if he can continue to play he will score regularly and at 26 he is still yet to reach his pride. Karl Nash the very young Irish striker did very well to score 8 goals in 41 games and also secure 7 assists. At 17 he has a very bright future ahead of him and I think we can all hope he will continue to score regularly for the club. Finances. We had a relatively low wage this year meaning we consistently made profit, this was also helped by our FA Cup run including the 60K made from the game with Gillingham.

Tips for next Monkey:

1 - Sign a few players. I'd definitely sign a Goalkeeper or get one on loan again, as we really do need one as the Goalkeepers that started at the club were really not up to scratch. I'd also sign a Striker, as we didn't really have a star striker this season despite Phil Russell providing a few goals. I think there are other areas that could do with strengthening but you should definitely get a Goalkeeper and Striker first.

2 - Get rid of the players that we don't need. It may sound silly, but there are players in the squad that we really don't need and are un-necessarily adding to our weekly wages.

3 - Have fun. It's not all about getting results. Doing well is what we all want, but don't get to stressed if you go on a bad run or blow a possible promotion race. I was gutted when we get knocked out of the FA Cup in our final season in the original Monkeys, but I had hard games ahead of me so I couldn't afford to get down about it. So yeah, have fun as by the looks of it this time around we wont get to manage our teams that regularly

Bermy, add me to the bottom of the list please :thup:

Will start uploading the game in a bit

Archived