Has anyone lost their job due to FM?

i wouldn't say i've lost jobs due to FM as if there was no FM i would've taken the day off to play some other game instead...

but there have been quite a few times where i've had the intention to play a few minutes of FM before going to work/college & just decided to phone in sick.

*the green arrow directs me to the dole queue*

This used to happen to me on earlier editions. I would forget the time and be playign at like 3 or 4 am and then be tired the next day and not really efficient at work. I have to say lately it hasnt been the case but once this game is fixed then I guess the same will happen. :)

Spot on!! [For those in the know ;)]

I haven't lost a job but I can definitely say that FM has affected my career. If it wasn't for FM, I'd have been far more ambitious, and would certainly be a few notches further up the greasy pole. As it is, I do the bare minimum and save my mental energies for that which is more important in my life! I have no regrets :cool:

And they say football is a results business eh...if that were true good old To would have never been given his P45!! :D

You don't want to be near any greasy poles anyway mate, you made a good choice! :D

im worse, im skipping days at uni trying to get fm2009 to work for me, so i guess i might actually loose the whole degree when i start playing it...

i lost two jobs on it already, and nearly f*ked up my highschool on that, not to mention a girlfriend that i lost to it...come to think about it, if i put all the fm time together, i probably have about 20% of my life spent on it...well, im 26, divided by 5....SH*T!!!! that's over 5 years of playing time!!!! that can't be right...can it?

• 2 weeks later...
Afterall this game is highly addictive. Most mornings I play for a while before work and when its time to go, its very hard to turn it off and go out the door. You promise yourself you have time for one last game but it leads on and when you look at the clock you're very late for work.

Also you might decide to phone in sick, and play FM in bed all day and whilst phoning in sick your team gets a last minute goal to beat Man United at Old Trafford and you scream Yesssss!!! And then a second later realise you've just made a big mistake.

Has anyone been repeatedly late for work due to FM and has anyone been fired from their job due to FM?

I was told once, (by my wife) that I played CM00/01 too much, then I bought CM01/02 and well you can figure the rest out, LOL

• 6 months later...

I read a story on these forums, in which one blooke was so addicted he was playing on the way to work (he was driving) and had an accident that paralysed him.

And OBENG, he said nothing about money, just that your clearly not Curtis Obeng (See the C? Not K!) and you have a different D.O.B from him, not to mention Obeng's been released from City now

Being a postman i cant play before work but once my last letter is delivered its straight on it till as late as i can. Depends what mood the other half is in.

And as a postman, you cant play it during work ! :D

I never play the game whilst my other half is with me. I even ask her if she minds if i check my emails whilst she is with me.

I dont mind setting one game off in the morning before i go out tot work. But i get a lift, so i never run the risk of being late.

I'd like to think that it hasn't affected my GCSE'S but i did notice myself not playing it as much during the actual period of revision. I suppose it was worth as i got a gleaming report back so now i'm free to play it 24/7 as i get an extra month of before all the lower years are released. But, i'll find out in August.

I read a story on these forums, in which one blooke was so addicted he was playing on the way to work (he was driving) and had an accident that paralysed him.

And OBENG, he said nothing about money, just that your clearly not Curtis Obeng (See the C? Not K!) and you have a different D.O.B from him, not to mention Obeng's been released from City now

I was about to mention that story, although I don't remember anything about him being paralysed. As far as I know, the next thing he remembered was waking up a few days later in hospital with broken bones.

ouch but how could u play it goin to work?

Handheld version of the game (PSP)?

Personally, I have plenty of self control so I have no issue with trying to play it at work or anything like that. These days, because I write to FM games, there is even less playing going on, because the writing takes so long, and I can't progress the game until I finish writing up that section!

That said, I do spend far too much time on the forums here during work.

Few times iv been tired for school the next day because of transfer windows and when i have a big upcoming game... it payed off

City vs Utd on the last day of the league... same points but man utd had a better goal difference then me ended up beating them 6-1

wonder what the score would of been if i turned it off

i ended up winning the league

Handheld version of the game (PSP)?

Personally, I have plenty of self control so I have no issue with trying to play it at work or anything like that. These days, because I write to FM games, there is even less playing going on, because the writing takes so long, and I can't progress the game until I finish writing up that section!

That said, I do spend far too much time on the forums here during work.

I've played the handheld version and tbh i think its rubbish :p

ouch but how could u play it goin to work?

He had his laptop on the front passenger seat. As far as I can remember, he was driving to work and, because the road seemed clear, he felt that he could afford to look down at his laptop a few times...

He had his laptop on the front passenger seat. As far as I can remember, he was driving to work and, because the road seemed clear, he felt that he could afford to look down at his laptop a few times...

thats scary, i didnt know it could have that affect on someone

seriously it isnt that addicting , it depends though when i am really into a game i want to play it 24/7 but its not always that easy.

but i always tricked my mum into think im sick so i could stay and play fm which gave me a bad attendance record at school .

I never play it in the mornings as I leave it as late as possible getting out of bed but I do get a long lunch on a Friday when I come home and try and squeeze a few games in. I've been late back a couple of times but I always make up some crazy excuse to my supervisor that either makes him laugh or just shake his head in disbelief.

I never play it in the mornings as I leave it as late as possible getting out of bed but I do get a long lunch on a Friday when I come home and try and squeeze a few games in. I've been late back a couple of times but I always make up some crazy excuse to my supervisor that either makes him laugh or just shake his head in disbelief.

Next time just say to him/her ''football manager'' with a big grin and hopefully he/she will understand :D

Archived