[FM20] Voltaço

_Ben_

20 hours ago, _Ben_ said:

Just how good was my mentoring set up?

Just before resigning - I decided to take a sneak peak at the hidden attributes of my first team. I have not seen these before today and I must say that I am amazed by the level of them! @Jimbokav1971- I hope I've made you proud!

f8581c7c95c16918e685bdc6ff83c8aa.png

That's a thing of beauty. :applause:

• Replies 930
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2043 Update

9342651a78b2ccf21d6636498765a174.png

98106240b97b12eea71e31d7a5513d46.png

Another league failure and, surprisingly, the worst Carioca performance in at least ten years. Another Liberdatores victory is probably the only highlight of this season.

---

Joao is aging, but again, has shown his worth as he approaches his 950th career game, which is a huge achievement. Geilton is ticking along at Steaua, but isn't performing well. In some other moves - Romario Orlandelli, after 22 games in 3 years for Man City has moved to Burnley, Elias Custodio Santos has ended his pairing with other Volta-graduate Antonio Carlos but moving to Zenit for £17m and Isaac Ferretti also left Man City, to join Inter for £40m.

Edited by _Ben_

Cabral gone

a9d4c9912d236acd24638ed580cebd55.png

Just £47m (compare to £80m for a 20-year old striker with a 2-year loan back when I first sold him) for a peak Cabral sees him move to the blue side of Manchester - following in the footsteps of Isaac Ferretti, Romario Orlandelli and VInicuis in years before him. Despite scoring 28 times in 37 games during my last season - he's only scored 38 times in 94 games since then, with his drop off in form being totally alien to me, given how good he is.

That leaves the following players left at the club from my tenure:

72bd997f8d363039cdb3927ffd52551a.png

With Vini and Leonardo possibly going soon, too - that leaves just four players (and only Joao Fernando who actually played for me) remaining at the club in 3 years since I left - an astonishing turnover of more than 40 players leaving. It is certainly disheartening to see this club disembowelled but, like I've mentioned before, this save was all about the player and not the team - which is why I'm continuing to focus largely on where my players are going rather than crying at the state of the team!

2044 Update

af878f7684c552d8643cfbdaa84ea4f0.png

ac812c10cd2861444657a28b36dc22b6.png

Yet more domestic failures paired with another Liberdatores title - their third in a row since I left, taking them to five overall titles. The real test will be the CWC, held, again, next summer.

Joao is aging but is two games away from 1000 - with 650 goals coming in his 998 games across a wonderful career. It is clear that his scoring has dropped - from 0.71/game to nearer 0.65/game now but he's added assists to his game - with 56 of his 119 career assists coming in the last four years.

---

The crop of youngsters who I was developing before I left have all gone on to make moves and are progressing well:

5a97fda1034b22cce8246f0e90c2aafa.png

1000 games

ffd7f4be2067f4c15cbb761047a849ba.png

Joao Fernando marked his 1000th club game with a brace against Duque de Caxias. Interestingly, they have signed Hian Martins for £38m as a Cabral replacement - he was a player I saw when he first generated at Botafogo and I was interested in him, but felt that he'd stifle opportunities for academy strikers.

I have achieved this before, but only with a goalkeeper and only taking into account international appearances (which, being as he was at San Marino, was considerably easier) so this is a fantastic result.

2045 Update

Nearing the end of my time simming now...

577868a6125b06d7e397c2079f7ac6d8.png

4b66926d5a600e5574bcd454e0f9df30.png

Another disappointing Carioca State but Volta have finally ended their duct and won the league, although, it appears that it was only just! This has come at the expense of another Liberdatores title, as they lost 2-1 in the final to Gremio.

Joao had his quietest season to date and appears to be being pushed out a little as he nears retirement. I think that this sim will finish when he does - unless, of course, he goes on to become a manager...

Speaking of which:

d651208cebbf9a35b7702ab5a1fab781.png

Kayky continues to do well, whilst BMG had enough of Maicon before he moved on to Roma and, sadly, Edilson took a poor Vitoria side down.

17 hours ago, OlivierL said:

Superb save and thread, learned a lot !

Thank you! It's been fun and, even though my posting quality has fallen off a cliff of late, I have really enjoyed posting about the little extra bits that I've been learning.

Got something big lined up for FM21 so expect more of the same!

2046 Review

4ac0e1cdacef77cfa75e3b03ef54ead1.png

Back to the top, for another year. A second place Carioca State and a Quarter Final of the Liberdatores though are poor performances. Feeder club Barcelona (RJ), have made the biggest moves of all, but sadly, were relegated from Serie B this year.

Joao is slowly fading with, once again, his worst scoring season. He's on massive wages with 2 years left on his deal though so I envisage that he'll be a one club man, even if that does push forward his retirement due to not necessarily playing as much as he wants to.

My old staff are doing well, with Maicon in particularly proving his early-career doubters wrong with a good 68% win ratio from his first 50 ties as Roma manager.

dcd59989446fe52ecbde6edff627b60c.png

2047 Review

85449067ae9140038034cedcf9ce5f87.png

Another year done and another disappointing league for Volta, although they have managed to hold on for six years since I left and still be near the top of the league. Joao is winding down and has announced that he'll retire in a few weeks - but he's being asked to reconsider, so I'll await news on that.

e86711a99e4b958caeaa58e345a75da8.png

Managers are coming and going - Maicon didn't last long at Roma and Edilson moves to Osasuna, where he spent some time as a player.  

An absolutely mind-blowing thread. I'm going back to re-read it all. I found the statistical tracking and recording of players fascinating and it is definitely something I'll do myself once FM21 is out, so I'll apologise now for stealing one or two of your spreadsheets. Loved this and the Guadalajara thread - another one I keep dipping in to.

Bravo! :applause:

50 minutes ago, brookie1402 said:

An absolutely mind-blowing thread. I'm going back to re-read it all. I found the statistical tracking and recording of players fascinating and it is definitely something I'll do myself once FM21 is out, so I'll apologise now for stealing one or two of your spreadsheets. Loved this and the Guadalajara thread - another one I keep dipping in to.

Bravo! :applause:

Thanks!

I must admit that, since lockdown ended and my time has not solely been devoted to FM - the analysis and tracking part of my save has dipped but I've got some plans afoot for FM21 to sort that out!

Thanks for the post and I'm glad you've enjoyed both of my threads this year. This one has just one post left to finish it off now!

6 hours ago, _Ben_ said:

Thank you! It's been fun and, even though my posting quality has fallen off a cliff of late, I have really enjoyed posting about the little extra bits that I've been learning.

Got something big lined up for FM21 so expect more of the same!

any hints ? :)

Wow. Once again am speechless. Amazing thread. One for the Hall of Fame for sure!

You have taught me a lot in this thread and in Guadalajara thread, which after 15 yrs of FM one would be think would be a hard thing. Definitely one to look back at every once in a while

Finally able to comment on a few threads around here and very much enjoyed reading through this. Loved the way you structured your club and made me wonder what a club run with arrogant or temperamental coupled with Jimbo's style of play would look like :lol:

Thanks for sharing your save :cool:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 25/10/2020 at 23:52, _Ben_ said:

Just how good was my mentoring set up?

Just before resigning - I decided to take a sneak peak at the hidden attributes of my first team. I have not seen these before today and I must say that I am amazed by the level of them! @Jimbokav1971- I hope I've made you proud!

f8581c7c95c16918e685bdc6ff83c8aa.png

@_Ben_ my word what a save again!!thank you for all this content,massive helpufl..wonder if u can tell me how can u see these atts (prof etc)