[FM20][FM21][FM22][FM23] Calcio

zlatanera

6 minutes ago, WilsonJuve said:

Jeez! I would rather be in NYC that at huddersfield in the championship. A 28yr old rugani just left Juventus for Monaco for £9m MADNESS

Very strange that your fees seem unrealistically low while mine seem unrealistically high...

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Weston said:

Very strange that your fees seem unrealistically low while mine seem unrealistically high...

Mine actually seem pretty realistic. Them ones I mentioned were the minority. I only seen them as they were on my shortlist.
90F3148FD9480257347C740B494D3EC33664DDF7

4 minutes ago, WilsonJuve said:

Mine actually seem pretty realistic. Them ones I mentioned were the minority. I only seen them as they were on my shortlist.
90F3148FD9480257347C740B494D3EC33664DDF7

Wow, I have much higher fees than those:

image.thumb.png.c297c00743775c58aa798299cb7a65f7.png

image.thumb.png.e485566b502cc2959cbc920693c1301d.png

image.thumb.png.bbd8c25d746bc00d30ea3a801df12c7b.png

3 hours ago, Adzke said:

I will certainly keep you guys updated, as I'm starting off now. I remember when Mastour was supposed to be the saviour of AC Milan and Italian football in general, he almost never played a professional game in his life, it seems.

Definitely remembered the buzz when first making a name for himself.

Goodluck!

1 hour ago, WilsonJuve said:

Yeah yours seem crazy these are my other seasons. As I said I beleive there pretty accurate.
9ADA5DAD7E0A8610B36610EC1B2845A4D5FDA3A03ECECE61A73A593EA22DF6367A1F239B43A96E9BA8FB16A6C2A2228A9462A2E546E980954D8340B2

I see now you use GBP and I use Euros and I don't know what conversion rate the game uses, so it's hard to compare.

Just confirmed it and there's a minor bug in FM20 where your transfer budget can go missing.

Spoiler

1505430109_Screenshot2020-04-1205_52_32.thumb.png.322cb951bf7993c0a7fc2a35414184a9.png

So, this offer was made on July 1st. I thought there was no progress because Brescia hasn't decided yet, and after 2-3 weeks I had forgotten all about this as I focused on the Europa League Qualifiers.

This was left untouched until I noticed my budget was missing by £3m on the 20th of August, and this transfer wasn't in the transfer centre anymore.

I had just sold the last two of my overage players in the u20s and wanted to see how much budget I have accumulated, when to my horror I only have £800k (supposed to be £3.8+m).

Upon googling, missing transfer budget can happen as well when you asked your board to finalise a transfer when you're just short of the finances required. When the board rejected the request and the transfer cannot proceed, you will lose whatever left of your budget because of this bug.

1 minute ago, quee said:

Just confirmed it and there's a minor bug in FM20 where your transfer budget can go missing.

Hide contents

1505430109_Screenshot2020-04-1205_52_32.thumb.png.322cb951bf7993c0a7fc2a35414184a9.png

So, this offer was made on July 1st. I thought there was no progress because Brescia hasn't decided yet, and after 2-3 weeks I had forgotten all about this as I focused on the Europa League Qualifiers.

This was left untouched until I noticed my budget was missing by £3m on the 20th of August, and this transfer wasn't in the transfer centre anymore.

I had just sold the last two of my overage players in the u20s and wanted to see how much budget I have accumulated, when to my horror I only have £800k (supposed to be £3.8+m).

Upon googling, missing transfer budget can happen as well when you asked your board to finalise a transfer when you're just short of the finances required. When the board rejected the request and the transfer cannot proceed, you will lose whatever left of your budget because of this bug.

Can you use the editor to put it back?

Just now, Weston said:

Can you use the editor to put it back?

I don't have it since I decided against using it for Buffon. I have restarted anyway, which annoyed me.

I'm not even sure I want to buy that player in the first place! :D He does look good in my save and would follow Cistana's footsteps.

The one thing that really annoyed me is that I missed out on this goal being 'officially' scored in my save :(

FM20 is the first time I started using Inverted wingers/forwards (always preferred wingers before), and this was the first time my player ever scored a goal like this :(

Edit: Apologies for the poor quality, had to choose the lowest quality and converted it to meet the max limit allowed here. Will try to redo it with a better quality.

Edit: Just replaced the video with a slightly better one (just about!)

Edited by quee

4 hours ago, Adzke said:

The same with Palermo. Are they always promoted to Serie C in the second season? 

You can always do the save and reload trick just before the new season is generated. Not sure the exact dates for lower leagues but in Serie A I believed it is the 29th June? You save and reload until Palermo appeared in Serie C. Not sure how far back you need to save though. (a day or a week)

4 hours ago, WilsonJuve said:

Pietro Pellegri joined NY Red Bulls in the second season for a mere £2m and is still there 4 seasons later.

I nearly signed him in the transfer window on deadline day but realised it was a panic purchase so stopped myself. 

4 hours ago, WilsonJuve said:

Well managed to sign Odegaard after his loan deal for £43.5m potentially raising to £56m Im very happy with that. Upon joining his value has shot up to £69m and he is still only 24.

I had Odegaard at Vitesse last year or the year before. Managed to keep extending his loan deal. Amazing. 

AC Milan: Season 2 - Transfer Window Update

If you recall, we finished in 2nd place behind Juventus and therefore will be playing Champions League football so there was a need to get more squad depth and also the task of replacing Ibrahimovic, who, despite his age and lack of pace, could still pull magic out of his hat when required.

Obviously, there’s been movement with players coming in and some leaving.

First, lets look at those who departed:

GK Reina - £750k to Guangzhou (massive wages for a back up!)

DC Gomez - £2.6m to SEP in Brazil.

AM Calhanoglu - £18.5m to Guangzhou 

AM Halilovic - £3.9m to Olympique Marseille

Incoming:

The one they didn’t want: With Zlatan retiring I needed to recruit another (preferably veteran) striker to sit alongside Leao and after trawling through scout reports I find an intriguing player who I thought would do fit the bill perfectly. Creative, good work ethic, good finisher, can play any role as a striker. However, the scouts didn’t rate him. At all. 

I did some more searching and couldn’t find someone as good (on paper) for anywhere near the same money. So I decided to take a risk and signed him. The board were NOT happy and neither were the fans. OOPS. Time will tell....

Stevan Jovetic from AS Monaco - £8m.

The one they loved: Now, I’m not going to lie, I’ve been after this guy for a while and tried frantically to sign him in my Rennes save earlier on FM20. Now I’m at the mighty AC Milan I finally have the clout to do it.A player who can play as a central midfielder or an attacking midfield. Amazing technique and work ethic, still young and fantastic pedigree. When i first enquired about this player they wanted £62 million. 

Donny van de Beek from Ajax - £30m

A touch of Brazilian flair at the back: I know all about this guy from my Rennes save. A sold central defender who is comfortable on the ball and likes to bring the ball out of defense when the opportunity arises. I’m sure he’ll do a good job and can step up to Champions League level.

Lyanco from Torino - £7.5m

Summary: Very pleased with these pick ups. The jury is definitely out on Jovetic but I think he’ll be a positive addition to the team. Van de Beek can play ANYWHERE in midfield and will be the best player on the team.

It was hard to resist the urge to pay £30-£40 million for players as i wanted to make sure i had all bases covered, but obviously, Van de Beek should be well worth it.

I was planning on signing Viktor Fischer but Liverpool and Real Madrid were in for him so didn’t want to get into a bidding war for a player with potential injury issues. 

I also planned on picking up another young striker but they money being talked about was ridiculous, so I opted to keep Colombo, one of our promising youth products around to be the fourth striker and I’ll ensure he gets as much game time as possible when we have a decent lead etc...

Looking forward to seeing how this season plays out. Well, I WAS until i saw the champions league group draw....

F08952F8-5C95-4D53-8A3C-C432F197B28C.jpeg

950C82CE-8310-40F7-A98E-890BD80787E0.jpeg

9F95BC43-A2C1-4698-9DB3-840CCFB88703.jpeg

Edited by Matt_1979

34 minutes ago, Matt_1979 said:

I did some more searching and couldn’t find someone as good (on paper) for anywhere near the same money.

My scouts just recommended me Jonas Wind, who's a DLF. Looks good but his report is incomplete.

54 minutes ago, Matt_1979 said:

Viktor Klassen

Is this a regen? Couldn't find him in my game.

Btw, great signings, especially Lyanco and van de Beek. I'm jealous now that you got Lyanco :D

Jovetic should be familiar with Italy, at least that should help him.

3 minutes ago, quee said:

Is this a regen? Couldn't find him in my game.

Btw, great signings, especially Lyanco and van de Beek. I'm jealous now that you got Lyanco :D

Jovetic should be familiar with Italy, at least that should help him.

Viktor Fischer!!!!!

Was getting him and Davy Klassen mixed up! Amended in post!!! 

12 hours ago, Matt_1979 said:

I had Odegaard at Vitesse last year or the year before. Managed to keep extending his loan deal. Amazing. 

Yeah he performed well for me and at that price I couldnt turn it down. I will tell you something I have noticed on my save....the AI squad building is insane for once.

I think I might have broken the save by getting all those players on frees from Watford. Sure, we had a pretty easy schedule to begin with, but we are topping the league after 5 games and it's crazy as I'm not by far a tactical genius. I am going to continue a bit more until we at least met some of the "7 sorelle" and see how it goes. Contrary to popular believes if its to easy I might lose interest in the save. :)

Serie-A-TIM_-Profileb3670b074073dd3e.png

7 minutes ago, Muttley84 said:

I think I might have broken the save by getting all those players on frees from Watford. Sure, we had a pretty easy schedule to begin with, but we are topping the league after 5 games and it's crazy as I'm not by far a tactical genius. I am going to continue a bit more until we at least met some of the "7 sorelle" and see how it goes. Contrary to popular believes if its to easy I might lose interest in the save. :)

Serie-A-TIM_-Profileb3670b074073dd3e.png

Give it till mid-season and if you’re still on top then yeah... may be too easy. 

In my season Juve started off slow and then put an insane run together and teams like Sampdoria and Roma also dropped few points for a long spell. 

Edited by Matt_1979

On 10/04/2020 at 15:21, quee said:

DLF? Did you mean DLP?

I'm set on playing him at RW, he's dangerous when watching him play but his ratings are not aided by the ME (lots of shots straight to GK=lower ratings).

Might try him in CM next season if I get him back in.

:D

Sorry, ofc yes. He is doing really good for me there. Comes deep to get the ball. 

He got good stats for it aswell.

image.thumb.png.67ed26a3a4ef09d7ad0ff423bf33857d.png

11 minutes ago, n1mez said:

Who made this goal?

It was Kurtic, 0-2 down in the first 15 minutes, Gervinho scored in the 20th minute before Kurtic dramatically equalised in the 89th minute. My first comeback in this save at that point, away from home too (at SPAL)!

:D

January season 2, Serie B - Nicolò Vallocchia continues his adventure, though I worry he may not have the quality to carry on in to Serie A.

Spoiler

20200411131003_1.thumb.jpg.26bdd1626179ffb3705a609be80bdc10.jpg20200412173050_1.thumb.jpg.401cc40783bef9d774a7e9cd4392e391.jpg

Surprised to be told I could bring Pellegri in on loan while in C/B - did so and he couldn't hit the side of a barn, terrible. However I decided this was form rather than a lack of class and renewed the loan for the second season. He's rewarded my faith so far.

Spoiler

20200412170208_1.thumb.jpg.df146e589c0d7cc49f31f4e7fe2f85a8.jpg

Edited by Stackalee

1 hour ago, Stackalee said:

January season 2, Serie B - Nicolò Vallocchia continues his adventure, though I worry he may not have the quality to carry on in to Serie A.

Reveal hidden contents

20200411131003_1.thumb.jpg.26bdd1626179ffb3705a609be80bdc10.jpg20200412173050_1.thumb.jpg.401cc40783bef9d774a7e9cd4392e391.jpg

Surprised to be told I could bring Pellegri in on loan while in C/B - did so and he couldn't hit the side of a barn, terrible. However I decided this was form rather than a lack of class and renewed the loan for the second season. He's rewarded my faith so far.

Hide contents

20200412170208_1.thumb.jpg.df146e589c0d7cc49f31f4e7fe2f85a8.jpg

How you doing in the league? Very good loan for serie C and B. I find loans a easy way to move through the lower leagues my Monza save we won both leagues first time of asking and had a decent serie A finish first season. 

2 minutes ago, WilsonJuve said:

How you doing in the league? Very good loan for serie C and B. I find loans a easy way to move through the lower leagues my Monza save we won both leagues first time of asking and had a decent serie A finish first season. 

Yeah top, the only teams that have really been an issue are those who clearly have far better players than me and still insist on playing really, really defensively (Cagliari, Verona and Brescia). 

Also the rudeness of getting promoted and having to play games against Juventus U23 is an outrage.

7 hours ago, Matt_1979 said:

AC Milan: Season 2 - Transfer Window Update

If you recall, we finished in 2nd place behind Juventus and therefore will be playing Champions League football so there was a need to get more squad depth and also the task of replacing Ibrahimovic, who, despite his age and lack of pace, could still pull magic out of his hat when required.

Obviously, there’s been movement with players coming in and some leaving.

First, lets look at those who departed:

GK Reina - £750k to Guangzhou (massive wages for a back up!)

DC Gomez - £2.6m to SEP in Brazil.

AM Calhanoglu - £18.5m to Guangzhou 

AM Halilovic - £3.9m to Olympique Marseille

Incoming:

The one they didn’t want: With Zlatan retiring I needed to recruit another (preferably veteran) striker to sit alongside Leao and after trawling through scout reports I find an intriguing player who I thought would do fit the bill perfectly. Creative, good work ethic, good finisher, can play any role as a striker. However, the scouts didn’t rate him. At all. 

I did some more searching and couldn’t find someone as good (on paper) for anywhere near the same money. So I decided to take a risk and signed him. The board were NOT happy and neither were the fans. OOPS. Time will tell....

Stevan Jovetic from AS Monaco - £8m.

The one they loved: Now, I’m not going to lie, I’ve been after this guy for a while and tried frantically to sign him in my Rennes save earlier on FM20. Now I’m at the mighty AC Milan I finally have the clout to do it.A player who can play as a central midfielder or an attacking midfield. Amazing technique and work ethic, still young and fantastic pedigree. When i first enquired about this player they wanted £62 million. 

Donny van de Beek from Ajax - £30m

A touch of Brazilian flair at the back: I know all about this guy from my Rennes save. A sold central defender who is comfortable on the ball and likes to bring the ball out of defense when the opportunity arises. I’m sure he’ll do a good job and can step up to Champions League level.

Lyanco from Torino - £7.5m

Summary: Very pleased with these pick ups. The jury is definitely out on Jovetic but I think he’ll be a positive addition to the team. Van de Beek can play ANYWHERE in midfield and will be the best player on the team.

It was hard to resist the urge to pay £30-£40 million for players as i wanted to make sure i had all bases covered, but obviously, Van de Beek should be well worth it.

I was planning on signing Viktor Fischer but Liverpool and Real Madrid were in for him so didn’t want to get into a bidding war for a player with potential injury issues. 

I also planned on picking up another young striker but they money being talked about was ridiculous, so I opted to keep Colombo, one of our promising youth products around to be the fourth striker and I’ll ensure he gets as much game time as possible when we have a decent lead etc...

Looking forward to seeing how this season plays out. Well, I WAS until i saw the champions league group draw....

F08952F8-5C95-4D53-8A3C-C432F197B28C.jpeg

950C82CE-8310-40F7-A98E-890BD80787E0.jpeg

9F95BC43-A2C1-4698-9DB3-840CCFB88703.jpeg

Hi. What skin is this? I like the name and number on the back of the shirt. Is this the only difference to the normal skin? 

1195003669_ZParmaCalcio1913_logo-400x400.thumb.png.57760c795e6d7f4faaddf2bb33ec4028.png

Fifth update.

Summer Transfer Window 2020

Transfer History

Spoiler

Transfer Budget given: £5.93m

Revenue %: 70% (85% after request)

927281318_Screenshot2020-04-1301_41_12.thumb.png.34e08826f6692107881fa5e11b21db51.png

Transfers Out

Spoiler
  • Lots of players from the u20s leaving, with some of the overage players bringing a small amount of income.
  • From the first team:
  • Machin £2.2m (pre-arranged before my arrival)
  • Laurini £550k (valued £1.5m)
  • Sprocati £1.9m at value
  • (Both Laurini and Sprocati were arranged by mid-June since there were two incoming transfers with time sensitive deadlines and we needed the extra budgets)
  • Dermaku £2.2m at value
  • Barilla £2.4m at value
  • da Cruz £3.6m (valued £3.2m) - he had a good season at Sheffield Wednesday

Transfers In

Spoiler
  • Sepe, Kurtic, Karamoh, Inglese, Pezzella were all loans made permanent, pre-arranged before my arrival.
  • Cistana £3.8m (relegation release clause, was valued at £6m+ I think)
  • Hernani £3.7m (optional fee from the pre-arranged loan before my arrival, was valued £7m+ I think)
  • Both Cistana and Hernani were confirmed in June, due to Cistana receiving a new contract offer and Hernani's optional fee expiring when his loan finishes)
  • Sugawara £2m (valued at £1.2m) - late signing after my scouts discovered him at the Olympics.

• Laurenzi £1.2m and Tolomello £525k were both signed from my affiliate, Trapani. In my first season, one of my club vision was 'Sign players from lower divisions'
  • So, I had set my mind on signing these two to fulfill those club vision, and providing some options for the future.
  • Turned out, in the second season, that part of the club vision was removed by the board (I had missed this :D).
  • Still, quite happy with these two. Won't be major potential players but hopefully can be part of the squad in the future.
  • Both 18, Laurenzi is a left-footed CB and Tolomello can play anywhere across midfield and is 'Hard Working Midfielder'.
  • Tolomello scored like 3 goals in 4 games in the playoff matches that I attended when he was still 17, which helped made my mind up about signing him. He played almost 30 times in Serie B as a 17 years old! His potential is only 3 stars, though, but I think he can develop a bit further.
  • Karaangelov was recommended by my analyst team, and I didn't scouted him until full knowledge, decided to sign him as he was free and at 18 he can develop a bit more in the u20s and provide more bodies with all the departures.

Loans

Spoiler
  • Decided to bring in Esposito for two years and senior affiliate, Inter, was more than accommodating :D
  • As shown by the dates, Martinelli was a late discovery by my scouts during the Olympics (just like Sugawara). Decided to bring him in for two season as well and he's now one of my permanent targets for the team I'm building. Long term replacement for Gervinho, if things go well.
  • At the end of July, I checked Radu again and surprised to see then that he was available! Another two seasons loan coming in.
  • With Radu coming in, Sepe went the other way to Inter. This was by necessity, as I will mention the reason below.
  • Parma received a younger goalkeeper, who plays the sweeper keeper role,  +£100k per month, +£5k p/w wages in the exchanges. Happy with that.

Squad Registration Problems

Spoiler
  • So, when I signed Esposito, and we had to register for our first games of the Europa League qualifiers, it came to my attention that my u21s have to be registered!
  • This was an oversight on my part, as I had forgotten about having to be at the club for two years to qualify for u21s non-registration in European Competition.
  • In the first team, only Adorante qualified without having to register, with Palmucci, Diakhate, Espinoza, and Esposito all having to register.
  • After giving it much thought, I registered all the senior players (since they are most likely to be unhappy to be left out) plus Palmucci, as he's someone I want to play often this season.
  • This means Esposito had to sit out the Europa League this season, as when Martinelli arrived, I chose him to be included instead.
  • This was also the reason why Sepe had to go out on loan, if not I would have just keep him as backup for the season. I wouldn't sell him this season since he just joined Parma permanently and I'm trying to do a loyal and logical way of dealings with transfers.
  • Players missing out: Colombi (3rd GK), Sugawara (late signing and no space left), Diakhate, Espinoza, and Esposito.

Summer Transfer Window Review

Spoiler

Overall, I'm pleased with how it went. Though, with my oversight in regards to the registrations for the Europa League, I was unable to balance out the team better since there would not be any space left at all to register them, without upsetting those to be left out.

My defence is a bit unbalance at the moment, with only 3 players able to play at LB! Pezzella (1st choice LB), Gagliolo (1st choice LCB), and Darmian (1st choice RB)! :D

For RB, meanwhile, Darmian, Sugawara, Iacaponi, Cistana, Bruno Alves could all play there! :D

Nobody in the u20s and u18s are ready to step up for the LB position, and Laurenzi, despite being a left-footed CB, doesn't have LB as one of his other position. Though, in desperate time, he would be the next in line! :lol:

Next update: Europa League Qualifiers and the month of August!

Edited by quee

35 minutes ago, quee said:

1195003669_ZParmaCalcio1913_logo-400x400.thumb.png.57760c795e6d7f4faaddf2bb33ec4028.png

Fifth update.

Summer Transfer Window 2020

Transfer History

Hide contents

Transfer Budget given: £5.93m

927281318_Screenshot2020-04-1301_41_12.thumb.png.34e08826f6692107881fa5e11b21db51.png

Transfers Out

Reveal hidden contents
  • Lots of players from the u20s leaving, with some of the overage players bringing a small amount of income.
  • From the first team:
  • Machin £2.2m (pre-arranged before my arrival)
  • Laurini £550k (valued £1.5m)
  • Sprocati £1.9m at value
  • (Both Laurini and Sprocati were arranged by mid-June since there were two incoming transfers with time sensitive deadlines and we needed the extra budgets)
  • Dermaku £2.2m at value
  • Barilla £2.4m at value
  • da Cruz £3.6m (valued £3.2m) - he had a good season at Sheffield Wednesday

Transfers In

Hide contents

Reveal hidden contents
  • So, when I signed Esposito, and we had to register for our first games of the Europa League qualifiers, it came to my attention that my u21s have to be register!
  • This was an oversight on my part, as I had forgotten about having to be at the club for two years to qualify for u21s non-registration.
  • In the first team, only Adorante qualified without having to register, with Palmucci, Diakhate, Espinoza, and Esposito all having to register.
  • After giving it much thought, I registered all the senior players (since they are most likely to be unhappy to be left out) plus Palmucci, as he's someone I want to play often this season.
  • This means Esposito had to sit out the Europa League this season, as when Martinelli arrived, I chose him to be included instead.
  • This was also the reason why Sepe had to go out on loan, if not I would have just keep him as backup for the season. I wouldn't sell him this season since he just joined Parma permanently and I'm trying to do a loyal and logical way of dealings with transfers.
  • Players missing out: Colombi (3rd GK), Sugawara (late signing and no space left), Diakhate, Espinoza, and Esposito.

Some good deals in there. Worked with Martinelli and Esposito at Monza and they were amazing in not only helping me through the leagues but also our 8th place finish before I left. REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO YOUR NEXT UPDATE! 

As for me I have just started my 2nd season at Napoli. I know it will not go as good as the first when we cleaned up trophy wise. Only five games in and we are winning but not playing the with the same dominance. Goals this season are to find players who can take over for Manolas and Kouliibaly at CB and Allan and Fabian in CM. I did make one good transfer which was Milik to Inter for £62m. He was one of my best strikers but at 29 that money would not come around again. Managed to bring Moise Kean back to Italy from Everton for £50m raising to £76 so really £14m after the Milik sale. And he has scored 8 in 5 so far and at only 23 I believe is a long term option. 

2091928623_ZParmaCalcio1913_logo-400x400.thumb.png.43027d980c39eaad808531c7a90c3399.png

Sixth update.

Europa League Best Placed Qualifying Rounds

Game #1) Best Placed Second Qualifying Round First Leg - Home

Spoiler

555276339_Screenshot2020-04-0714_38_42.thumb.png.5e603f067c6e14c72233248eda87a3dc.png

1605832701_Screenshot2020-04-1302_41_08.thumb.png.e7f00f06304985e7fdcdcce748daccab.png

Game #2) Best Placed Second Qualifying Round First Leg - Away

Spoiler

853911873_Screenshot2020-04-1302_41_36.thumb.png.1e4a9597c2a8f85870859bdb7b26c7f5.png

Game #3) Best Placed Third Qualifying Round First Leg - Away

Spoiler

1973797141_Screenshot2020-04-1213_10_57.thumb.png.5ce73d50b6ba20091717d2f7493805dd.png

1085630177_Screenshot2020-04-1302_41_51.thumb.png.8b530cb3d1a9f2e8e78a66662984c869.png

Game #4) Best Placed Third Qualifying Round First Leg - Home

Spoiler

2028557557_Screenshot2020-04-1302_42_05.thumb.png.efdcafc28a722ad62aeedddc8b41558f.png

Game #5) Best Placed Fourth Qualifying Round First Leg - Away

Spoiler

1245248440_Screenshot2020-04-1217_28_55.thumb.png.2d5b16cfcbe3c9d7f82e8ab9b965856d.png

2017084857_Screenshot2020-04-1302_42_19.thumb.png.f142870a42c07ec69832fa101a8ed8b1.png

Game #6) Best Placed Fourth Qualifying Round First Leg - Home

Spoiler

1320578495_Screenshot2020-04-1302_42_31.thumb.png.fe11cb4b3f3138d0871cf3a1c91d0e2e.png

Did Parma made it?

Spoiler

1884807921_Screenshot2020-04-1220_26_47.thumb.png.5b805809f3749629842c4207d5dd03fa.png

783352682_Screenshot2020-04-1302_43_12.thumb.png.db9d7f00f19090ab8fbae429811a7793.png

829216902_Screenshot2020-04-1220_27_31.thumb.png.ebb21d93b475b588cdc6efa9be1a0018.png

1941561871_Screenshot2020-04-1220_25_43.thumb.png.9af3da198a2352cf9bfab49f6677bd10.png

Literally the last team out of the hat :lol:

What a ride! Some might call it unlucky run of draws in the qualifiers (it was!) but I actually really enjoyed it! 3 big teams and you can just tell the history when Marseille was our opponent back in 1999 since we last held the trophy! :D

Rangers wasn't as strong as expected, though. Frankfurt away and Marseille away could have gone either way.

Fixtures and Results - So far..

Spoiler

1967319961_Screenshot2020-04-1303_01_33.thumb.png.d3f3d728bc4dc22548cf8574be93942a.png

What about that form from Kulusevski? @ParanoidBuddha :D Think he would have done more if it wasn't for the red card and missing the home tie against Rangers, and I had to take him off after scoring against Marseille in the home tie as well, as he had received a knock. So, in total he would have missed around 60 minutes of action! :lol:

I rested him against Sampdoria (only Alastra kept his place) and he didn't recovered in time from his knock against Napoli. Basically I sacrificed Serie A in order to make sure I made it all the way to the Group stage :D

Luckily, after Napoli's game, there's an international break where we can rest and recover before starting again. Pleased with the start! (Despite the lost to Napoli! Gagliolo was injured, so Bruno Alves had to start - and he made 2 mistakes :lol:)

Serie A Notable Transfers

Spoiler
  • Dybala to Liverpool (£86m)
  • Milinkovic-Savic to Man Utd (£84m)
  • Skriniar to Barcelona (£64m)
  • Lukaku to Real Madrid (£61m)
  • Icardi to PSG (£60m)
  • Brozovic to Real Madrid (£49m)

• Chiesa to Inter (£46.5m)
  • Milenkovic to Inter (£39.5m)
  • Depay to Napoli (£34m)
  • Gabriel Barbosa to Milan (£33.5m)
  • Kessie to Juventus (£25.5m)
  • Digne to Juventus (£22.m)
  • Boga to Lazio (£20m)

It also seems that Lautaro Martinez and Luiz Alberto rejected their transfers, to Tottenham and Barcelona, respectively. I think it was £96m for Martinez and £64m for Alberto.

Inter definitely the biggest losers in the transfer window, though they did hired Simeone to replace Conte. Chiesa and Milenkovic were two good replacements, to be fair. So, it was a start! They did bought some other smaller fees transfers, Celik to replace Lazaro, Bruno Petkovic and Mariano on-loan to replace Lukaku, and they signed Tsitaishvilli for £23m @WilsonJuve

Next update: Mid-season break!

Edited by quee

15 minutes ago, WilsonJuve said:

Some good deals in there. Worked with Martinelli and Esposito at Monza and they were amazing in not only helping me through the leagues but also our 8th place finish before I left.

Thanks! For Martinelli, apart from his cool finish for his first goal, he hasn't done much yet. Though, to be expected as he just joined the squad from winning the Olympics.

Esposito will be hindered a bit in his development since missing out on European actions, but will try to compensate a bit in Serie A. The problem is, I really like Adorante :D So, Esposito will be second fiddle to him as well :lol:

17 minutes ago, WilsonJuve said:

REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO YOUR NEXT UPDATE! 

Enjoy! Had to do a Europe League Qualifying specials :D

18 minutes ago, WilsonJuve said:

Managed to bring Moise Kean back to Italy

I just checked (totally forgot about him :lol:), he just joined Brighton for £13.25m in early August.

1 hour ago, quee said:

I just checked (totally forgot about him :lol:), he just joined Brighton for £13.25m in early August.

Some great results in the Europa :applause: good luck in the group stage. And how is that Moise Kean deal even possible :eek: in game his value is high and his stats are amazing! Never seen him go close to that heap in several saves. His ability makes him one of the best young strikers on the game. 

REGGINA 1914

The pre-season started of quite slowly, as I haven't made a single deal in the transfer market. Massimo Taibi (of former Man Utd glory) has signed some freebies for my U20 team, but otherwise the team is looking very strong in several departments, and I expect the current setup to be able to take us into the Serie B. I would have turned of transfer deals in the first window, but forgot to do so, that may have influenced my decision to not sign anyone as well...

The board are quite ambitions as there isn't any room for failure in the league, 

OQ5Atsp.png

As for my tactics, I'll be going with a 3-5-2, as I have 5 central defenders, and all my backs are natural as wingbacks. I'm usually very conservative in midfield with at least one MC(d), but with the block three at the back, I'll be going with a DLP(s)-BBM partnership there. I'm not quite decided on whether that means I should have one of my central defends on stopper duty, but that remains to be seen, I guess.

xchaPPb.png

As for my players, I'll be starting Hachim Mastour in attacking midfield. He doesn't look quite as good as my other option there in Nicola Bellomo, but I like a decent project, and Mastour seems to fit the bill. I'll be happy if his attitude matches his talent.

4i8txXd.png

Strange bit of business from Juve.

Spoiler

20200412195940_1.thumb.jpg.b1286e75f12ce8bdd07c2cf445ac0270.jpg20200412195945_1.thumb.jpg.2bfee5951c7dd11584067de50abbb00a.jpg

Kulusevski maybe not first pick for them but in good form and they accept approximately half his value to sell to Tottenham. He wasn't transfer listed or unhappy in any visible way either.

Speaking of Juve I was able to pick up Pietro Beruatto on a free and he's been a gem down my left flank in Serie B.

Spoiler

20200412224612_1.thumb.jpg.4991377a36ffc91f1e8f9ddd5aaafa0a.jpg20200412224810_1.thumb.jpg.7c234e9c5e7970b94c333d9386c260cf.jpg

Edited by Stackalee

3 hours ago, Stackalee said:

Speaking of Juve I was able to pick up Pietro Beruatto on a free and he's been a gem down my left flank in Serie B.

4 minutes ago, ParanoidBuddha said:

What a form :eek:

Do you play him as a winger or a fullback or wingback?

I hate to admit it but I do think fullbacks are a bit overpowered. I play a narrow diamond 4-4-2 (so really a 4-1-2-1-2) with my fullbacks set as attacking wingbacks and they run absolutely rampant. They're my star players.

Edited by Weston

4 hours ago, ParanoidBuddha said:

Screeeeeenshot please :D 

688810613_Screenshot2020-04-1309_55_01.thumb.png.1ce072fab93f4238148de27780fb1f3c.png

Here you go :D He's playing as IF-A. He failed in his training to 'dribble more often', and now I started him on 'place shots'. Maybe I should have put him on 'shoot with power'? I chose 'place shots' because I want him to score more goals like in real life, by curling it in to the far post :D

@ParanoidBuddha this is his best goal for me so far, a few days after starting 'place shots'. He scored a 'fierce shot' instead :lol: It is the first goal against OM in the 1st leg.

I'm having doubts now which one is more suitable to him, but also representative of his goals in real life. Thoughts?

Edited by quee

5 hours ago, ParanoidBuddha said:

Ridicolous how this game alwats destroys serie A teams 🤦🏻‍♂️

Forgot to mention: Caviglia joined Man Utd on free transfer from Juve, and Tonali joined Arsenal for £24.5m.

5 hours ago, WilsonJuve said:

Some great results in the Europa :applause: good luck in the group stage.

Thanks! Kulusevski's form made me all the more buzzing about it, tbh :D

5 hours ago, WilsonJuve said:

And how is that Moise Kean deal even possible :eek: in game his value is high and his stats are amazing! Never seen him go close to that heap in several saves. His ability makes him one of the best young strikers on the game. 

1437381748_Screenshot2020-04-1310_15_49.thumb.png.158a7f5489a27cb1d34ffb7f783d644c.png177620678_Screenshot2020-04-1310_15_40.thumb.png.58c8c27f7849e949e84f465ae61d310b.png

I guess Ancelotti didn't play him and transfer listed him? He only made 9 subs appearances.

Edited by quee

Before I start, I would like to write down a message of what I would like to do for my FM20 save. Just highlighting things I would do differently and what I'm planning (in my head!) how I would go about things next time.

1. Paying attention to the non-Eu rules. My squad building was affected because I tried to buy new players in advance and it doesn't really work when it comes to the next season's squad registration. Hence too many players brought in that can't play.

2. Reduced the numbers in the squad. In my earlier seasons, I usually used almost 40 players in the league!

3. In FM19, I tend to favour South Americans and Africans players a lot. In FM20, I might try to base my squad more on Scandinavians players, with a few SA and Africans mixed here and there. Just to reflect real life Parma, who have 3 Scandinavians players at the moment (Gagliolo, Kulusevski, and Cornelius).

4. I won't buy Tonali, Xadas, and Coetzee in FM20. This is for certain as they are FM19 more popular players and I don't want to keep using the same one all over again. Everyone else in my current save I might consider again.

5. Hidetoshi Nakata was one of my favourite player growing up, and his Parma connection was one of the latter reason why I followed Parma even more back then (I started following a few years before him joining). I might do signing an marquee Asian player as one of my FM20 save project. This is why Minamino signing for Liverpool excites me, as he will surely gets a stats boost, whilst he is closest in playing position (Nakajima is a winger, for example) and potentially be the player to follow in Nakata's footsteps. Failing that, I might also consider Lee Kangin as an alternative. Will see who else will appear as my option after scouting in FM20.

6. For my FM19 save, I had a much publicised failure in trying to get Buffon back, first as a player then as a coach. He ultimately retired in game. I would like to try this again for FM20, though I think it will be harder and more impossible as a player.

7. Usually on FMs, I liked to have brothers playing for my team, something that I haven't done in FM19. In FM20, I have already earmarked the Thurams brothers for this part of my project. Marcus was born in Parma as well, though not homegrown club (only found out about them in FM19 scouts reports). I still haven't given up hope of bringing Chiesa to Parma in FM19 (even he is close to retirement in the future) as another Parma's connection. Will look to repeat this as well in FM20. Not sure who else are in-game who have that connection to Parma's past?

8. Players that I would like to keep as long as possible and until their retirements in FM20 are Bruno Alves, Darmian, Iacoponi, Gagliolo, and Inglese. Hernani, Gervinho, Karamoah, and some of the others might be part of my long term squad depending on how they are in my first season.

9. Now, the most important part. I will do everything I can to make Kulusevski's stay at Parma permanent! This might be impossible in the next update, though, so I will look to bring him back sometimes in the future. I will break my transfer record and pay high wages breaking my self-imposed limit if I have to! :D

10. Buy FM20! 

So, I posted this in my [FM19] Parma Calcio 1913 - For Crociati's Sake! topic. I'll be doing a 2nd part of 'For Crociati's Sake! Part II' for FM20 :D

quee's FM20 Parma Club Vision

Lets have a look so far:

1. In progress.

2. In progress.

3. Unknown. At the moment, I don't have a particular Scandinavian in my mind that I want to sign (apart from Kulusevski and Gagliolo, already at the club of course. Cornelius have to fight for his place I'm afraid as he's not fitting in well at the moment. He have at least another 2 seasons with me (currently in his 2nd season on-loan and his next season after being made permanent - before I could think of selling him). I still tend to look for South Americans :D

4. Confirmed.

5. I now can confirmed Minamino is a possible target.

Spoiler

452576533_Screenshot2020-04-0721_12_24.thumb.png.49b0ef849578c2773ac7216374d20b3e.png

Unfortunately, didn't have the budget and his wage demands were predicted to be £100k+ p/w! He joined Wolfsburg for £13.5m. Might revisit him again as soon as my scouts discovered him! :D

6. Completed! :D Though, only for 6 months instead of the 12/18 possible months :(. He's a coach now with decent attributes. So, I achieved what I couldn't in FM19 on both fronts. Quiet happy with this! Acceptable!

7. On-going. Haven't discovered the Thurams in-game yet, and Chiesa just joined Inter.

8. In progress. All 8 players are still with Parma and are important part of the squad.

9.  Now, the hardest part for me, I think. Is it possible? I will try!

10. Completed! :lol: Initially regretted it because of the ME problems, but now I'm enjoying myself.

Overall, I'm pleased and on-course to meet all those things I set out 3 months ago! I just revisited my thread and re-read that post, had forgotten some of it. Luckily, hasn't strayed yet.

Might go back to my FM19 save in the future, as Caio Felipe (my best ever regen), is waiting for me :D

Edited by quee

6 hours ago, Weston said:

Do you play him as a winger or a fullback or wingback?

I hate to admit it but I do think fullbacks are a bit overpowered. I play a narrow diamond 4-4-2 (so really a 4-1-2-1-2) with my fullbacks set as attacking wingbacks and they run absolutely rampant. They're my star players.

That's as a winger, in the cm line. 

I've tried similar with a 41212 but if I remember right I ended up putting them on support just to try and stop their constant soft near post shots. I swear if you could get a FB who can actually finish in this match engine they'd score 30 a season.