The Danny Roberts Challenge : Difficulty GODLIKE (Part 3)

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All is ok. FM08 has recognized that the patch has been installed, despite the fact it said there was an error. The game is loaded, and Andrew Smylie is alive and kicking. Its now 2.30 - so I can't imagine I'll do much with him today, but by 9pm tomorrow, I'll have 4 days off of work :D

In this current season, Smylie has been plagued with injury, and only has 119 goals with about a 1/4 of the season left. He's 134 away from his first 1,000 goals though. Hopefully, if he stays fit for the rest of the season, he could possibly get another 40-50 goals. He's achieved his current 119 goals in only 34 games, leaving him with an average goals to game ratio of 3.5.

I've got 13, possibly 16 games left in the season, so yea, 150-160 total goals for the season is the aim for the big man.

• 2 weeks later...
Nep, after Smylie retired (if you play that far), can you leave the game to holiday mode with tactics/players chosen. I believe your next gen striker will easily go past 2000 even on holiday mode :D

The only reason I'm still playing this save, is because of Smylie :D

jeez, that lad is a monster. After looking at this thread I went back to look at my game, and found that a recently retired superstar striker of mine (I'm still playing FM06!) retired with 969 goals, as an AC Milan player. Oh if only he hadn't been somewhat injury prone. I think that's the closest I'll ever get to completing this challenge.

jeez, that lad is a monster. After looking at this thread I went back to look at my game, and found that a recently retired superstar striker of mine (I'm still playing FM06!) retired with 969 goals, as an AC Milan player. Oh if only he hadn't been somewhat injury prone. I think that's the closest I'll ever get to completing this challenge.

FM06 :cool:

Still my fave ever FM / CM. Gareth Black scored over 1,000 for me in FM06. :D

• 5 weeks later...

Good luck DG. In FM08 - I guess it was easier. Although, the Kerrison thread in the T&TT forum suggests that kind of goal tally is possible in FM09 too. So stick at it. Key attributes in the NI2 / NI1 / NIP and literally speed, finishing and composure. If you've got a player with good attirbutes in those areas, He'll easily bag 40+ goals a season.

Archived