The Danny Roberts Challenge : Difficulty GODLIKE (Part 3)

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It has been modified a little bit to accomodate an ageing Keirrison and to try and get it away from the reliance on a targetman because neither one of the two I have upfront now is a targetman. It's also given them more creative freedom, and a few minor things like that.

Just as a quick update from me, FC United and Bernard Brennan. The Irishman is now onto 297 goals for club and country at the age of 25. At this rate, he'll score 891 goals if he plays until he's 35 and keeps scoring at that rate. I doubt that he'll reach that tbh, but if he has a few of monster seasons like he had the season before last, he might be in with a shout :D

'Mon Bernard, to 500 and beyond :D

Edit: And the 300 is up :D

If you play it right, train him right during pre-seasons etc like I've done with Keirrison, there's no reason he couldn't still keep putting in relatively good performances. Keirrison is edging ever closer to 34 on my game, but I decided to slow my game a bit to accomodate his lack of pace, push him further up the pitch. Last season he had his best year yet, scoring 170 goals literally being 1 goal off a 3 goals per game ratio, if you only count the games he started (I subbed him on when he was on his way back from injury last season) he would have broke the barrier for the first time in his career. Although this season he's become a bit slower again over the summer, he's still got 36 from 20 games so far.

I missed what was probably Keirrisons two best years of his career had he been under my management, will definitely be at his most lethal from about 27 - 29 and really just keep plugging away at it.

Leigh Stones also passed the 300 goals mark in his last game, currently averaging 1.78 goals per game so far over his career. If he keeps that up for another 16 years, 65 games a season then he should score another 1,851 goals lol. Although if he keeps up his rate of last season of 2.3 goals per game, which he should be staying around as he comes into his prime, he should score 2,392 lol. I think thats quite an accurate prediction of the scope he will be in by the time he's 35 if I get that far. Somewhere between 2,100 and 2,700 goals lol.

Yeah. Brennan's been playing better than ever this season and is on course to break his record of 75 goals in a season :D He's got 46 from 36 games so far and we've got around 30 games left in all comps, assuming i get to the finals of everything. A change in tactic from 4-4-2 to 4-2-3-1 has helped him as he is now the lone striker, meaning he scores more goals than ever :D

I've begun toying with a similar system for Stones when Keirrison finally decides enough is enough. Also considering droppng Keirrison back since he has reasonable creativity, and using him to feed the ball through to Stones, because all too often I'm seeing him fail to beat the defender now. It is a shame when a player you like so much begins to fade.

Also, how does your chance creation go with that type of tactic, I notice my team are a lot more clinical, get 5 chances, score 3 or 4. But I'm used to seeing a team create 20 - 30 chances a match sometimes score 2 - 3 sometimes score 9/10 lol.

I imagine so :D

When I was doing the San Marino challenge I was happy when I got a player to 200 league goals, but I think this guy could make it there in about 6 good seasons. With any luck there'll be others with a chance too, as I'm dominating the league (88 points out of a possible 90 for the past two seasons)

Svec (that's the player's name btw, he's Czech) is currently rapidly closing in on 100 for East Belfast. He's on 96 at the moment.

And goals #98, #99 and #100 come up with a hat-trick in our first league game, a 6-1 win over Newry. That's 22 for the season so far and we're only in October.

Surprised Nepenthez hasn't been back to knock us all back in line getting dreams of our own strikers becoming legendary lol. If I get to be England manager soon enough I do think I'll be able to get an absolutely massive amount of goals, because so many of Englands games are against such low opposition he could score a rediculous amount.

Svec's just soared past 200 goals for East Belfast with 6 goals in a 10-1 win over Bangor. He's now 23, so he still has a chance, especially if he keeps up this scoring rate (46 goals in 27 appearances this season). He is currently on 204 goals.

Shame that's happened to Nep, and lets hope he makes it Kro it's good to see more people getting close to it, it has added something to my save for me to see how many goals I can amass from my strikers.

I have been told by apple I'll get my laptop back in no more than 14 days, otherwise they will replace it, with all my files and folders transferred onto the new one. They did, however, say it was 14 working days :(

For a change, damn the weekends to hell.

Dunno if you saw my prediction further up Nep, but working out how many Stones has scored so far, and how many he is likely to score across his career - he could well end up with nearly as many as Smylie lol. Stones started this season well, but then Keirrison seemed not to like it, and again after looking like he may be on his way out, decided to start scoring for fun again. In about fifteen games his goalscoring went from about 1.2 a game to over 2 a game lol.

It'll be good to have a frequent user of this thread back as well lol.

Good stuff santy. I'd be amazed if someone came close to Smylie's tally, especially in the English leagues. Well played...!!! [**Sercretly thinks, holy crap, I'm now going to have to find myself a 4,000 goal kind of guy :D :D**]

I'm counting down the day's 'till I get my laptop back now mate. Really can't wait..!!

Stones is a freak of nature, as I said when I saw he had the potential to be better than Keirrison I immediately began focusing intensely on his training. Admittedly its down to training him as a defender and midfielder as well, but by the time this guy hits the end of his training at 24/25 he'll have already been under it for 10 years which will allow me to shape him perfectly. His finishing is 20 and his pace is 18/19 so he's always going to be dangerous, but he seems to be passing to Keirrison far too much and not shooting as much as he was earlier in the season lol; one stat which is really promising though is his natural fitness being 18, he should be able to go the distance and not fade away in his early 30's.

To keep him at this level of scoring though, its evident I need to keep bringing in players who are in their prime to keep up the best levels of serivce to the frontmen. Obviously this is very expensive, I need a new CM and RM next season, which will cost about 100m unless the two I'm trying to train actually come good lol.

How rich are you side anyway, must surely have accrued some pretty decent amounts of money to improve your squad and get some talented youngsters in to really get the best out of Smylie in his twilight years lol.

yeah santy, having quality around the field was a major factor. The re-train thing is a good idea. I didn't do it with Smylie, but have done with Youth Player 1 [Who had over 500 goals age 22 IIRC].

I don't have an amazing amount of money, tbf. About £70,000,000 in the bank. Reason being, Champs League is the only competition the earns me money. My payout bonus for winning everything else, is more than the actual prize money for winning it :D [Except All Ireland Cup, but even there, I only make around £150,000]

I get a lot of gates, but ticket prices are so low in N. Ireland, that even if I fill the stadium in a non european tie, I only get a few hundred thousand. With the wages I pay some players [up in the £30,000 a week mark] - I struggle to make money. The only other source of income I have, is the 50% sell on fee with players I sell. And thats a gamble, because they may never move again, or just leave on a free.

It's not michael stones, its a regen called Leigh Stones. I have the benefits of having made a lot of money through transfers in the early seasons of the game, buying cheap and selling for nice profits. I suppose I also have an upper hand in terms of scouting, 22 scouts around the world mean I'm cherrypicking the best talent I find. That, and I have coaches on more than 30k a week lol.

Before this season, I had 3 years of insane spending lol

2019/20 I spent £201m on transfers (£33m out)

2020/21 £202m on transfers (£8.5m out)

2021/22 £116m (£77m out)

2022/23 £2.4m on players in (£88m out)

My tycoon takeover in 2020 was what made the crazy spending possible. At the end of this season I'll put up screenshots of my Keeper, Defence and Midfield so you can see whats supporting the front two. Obviously Stones will be in with the updates lol.

Strange thinking you can have been so successful and only have 70m in the bank, thats a tenth of my bank balance, and even away from the £500m spent on players, my board spent £250m last summer on building a new stadium.

Svec just got past 300 for East Belfast, with 4 goals in a 6-1 win over Institute. His season has been hampered by injury, but he still has 54 goals and we're in March, so maybe he could sneak up to 70, which would be good.

Must be nice to have all that money :D

It'll take me YEARS before I have that much, but then I guess, its all relative. I play in a league where no player is valued more than £1,000,000 - so I can literally afford all of the best players in the league. On top of that, all the players that are interested in me, I can get cheap, and they're way above the league standard. OBviously the only issue is, this means I can't compete on the Champions League front on a regular basis, I just have to get lucky.

Well depending on how many countries you loaded players from, there may be a good case to spend a few hours (I have been known to spent 12 hours without processing a day - not all at once - just scouring for players lol) if you don't have enough scouts. It'd be good to see how many goals you could get from a striker if you had some world class regens in the 150 - 200CA/PA brackets lol.

Mind you, for the NI leagues, I imagine all players around that mark would appear as 7 star so you wouldn't be able to judge the reports as well lol.

I know I'm bored of it now, it was alright at first and a bit different from the default skin, but its a convenient one with all the icons in the kind of places I like them lol. Although when its like 1am, you have the forums open and FM its a tough transition from forums to game lol. Since FM07 I haven't been able to find a skin I really like, I've never been a big fan of the paler ones like the way the game is shipped.

Yea, I got around the problem by getting a lamp next to my desktop lol. Had to be done, because sometimes I'd have fallen asleep on the sofa at night, and before going to bed would save up and close, and it was painful to do lol. Not going to be able to get any further on my stoke save tonight though as I'm out so back to wimbledon on my laptop lol.

Wesley Ngo Baheng hardly likely to score a thousand goals, even in the blue square premier lol.

Despite Josef Svec spending most of last season injured, he still hit 33 goals, so he's onto 346 now, and I think that he could still get up to 1000, depending on how things go with his injuries for the rest of his career, as he still probably has about 7 years left at his peak and then another 5 years after that.

Well the 2021/22 season has come to a close, Stones hasn't been as impressive, but this year there has been a large amount of injuries - not to my forwards but throughout midfield. In addition to that, the sales of some more establish players to blood youngsters meant this season was never going to be an attempted record breaker, but one of 'steady' dominance of global football lol.

Leigh Stones 2020

Leigh Stones 2021

Leigh Stones 2022

2017 | Games: 12 (3) | Goals: 9 | Assists: 4 | MoM: 2 | GpG: 0.6

2018 | Games: 6 (16) | Goals: 23 | Assists: 1 | MoM: 7 | GpG: 1.04

2019 | Games: 17 (7) | Goals: 44 | Assists: 14 | MoM: 6 | GpG: 1.83

2020 | Games: 20 (3) | Goals: 34 | Assists: 9 | MoM: 9 | GpG: 1.47

2021 | Games: 65 (0) | Goals: 152 | Assists: 72 | MoM: 30 | GpG: 2.33

2022 | Games: 67 (0) | Goals: 112 | Assists: 54 | MoM: 24 | GpG: 1.67

Seems strange he's still only 19 - turns 20 in a few weeks, but with these 112 goals his career total has gone up to 374 from 216 appearances with 28 goals from 24 international games. Career average 1.675 goals per game. Stones seems to have reached the limits of his potential, so I don't expect him to improve a lot more although 20 finishing and 19 pace is far beyond what I expected when he arrived at the club with 13 finishing and 14 pace. The only disappointing things are the fact he doesn't have bravery and teamwork over 15, nor is he a good passer of the ball which I usually quite like my forwards to be in the 11 - 15 range for. If looking at this player to buy, I have to be honest I wouldn't buy him because he doesn't match up in all the areas I look at, so I'm rather glad he came through at the club and I had an injury crisis a few seasons ago lol.

Crazy work there, santy.

You could have a genuine contender for a 3,000+ goal striker here too :D - The only problems you may have, that I haven't, is the fact that age in N. Ireland isn't really a factor, because Smylie will still be better than most other players, even at 36/37 - where as Stones physical attributes, in a competative league, when he's older, could really harm his perfomances into his 30's

Great work though. Loving the career here.

Quick question here guys. I take it all the contenders take all the free-kicks and pens, but do you exploit the corner situaton with him too?

I must say, probably even more impressive than you actually getting to this sort of level is the fact that you are still willing to continue when to be honest it really can't be that much fun anymore as you are so dominant.

Well Keirrison is 34, and still managed 138 goals in the last season, and despite his injury last season when I said I thought it was the end for him, broke his goalscoring record getting 170 in a season (plus another 32 international goals taking him to 202).

Keirrison 2022

The premiership has been saturated by poor managers, meaning 99% of the time my team turn up and win comfortably. This last season I've managed to rake in a massive £443m in income, and make profits of £236m which should be enough to facilitate a large spending spree this summer to get players in their prime for another few years and add a bit of depth again to survive injuries which didn't really help Stones keep going on this year.

Well the main fun in it now, is to see whether I can get a striker on par with Nep's Smylie. During this stage in time, I hate starting new saves because FM10 is so close, so just pushing on with this gives me something to do. These two don't actually take free kicks, and I score very few from corners, if you look at the stats for both Stones and Keirrison, neither one of them is really set to do as good a job as CB's at challenging the keeper.

I put my tactics up and its been rather hit and miss for others, but ultimately the premiership does dilute enormously in my opinion, which means a team thats been together for numerous years, and is in a solid tactical mould will dominate.

Bernard Brennan - The Story so far :

2014/15 | Games, 25 | Goals, 29 | Assists, 05 | MoM, 09 | GPG 1.16

2015/16 | Games, 46 | Goals, 41 | Assists, 12 | MoM, 14 | GPG 0.89

2016/17 | Games, 56 | Goals, 54 | Assists, 10 | MoM, 14 | GPG 0.96

2017/18 | Games, 66 | Goals, 75 | Assists, 24 | MoM, 22 | GPG 1.14

2018/19 | Games, 63 | Goals, 53 | Assists, 16 | MoM, 15 | GPG 0.84

2019/20 | Games, 65 | Goals, 81 | Assists, 22 | MoM, 16 | GPG 1.25

Club Totals :

[brennan is now 26 Years Old]

Games, 321 | Goals, 333 | Assists, 089 | MoM, 090 | GPG 1.04

Ireland

Games, 37 | Goals, 26

Career Totals

Games: 358

Goals: 359

Assists: 89

MoM: 90

Seems Brennan could reach 500 career goals, which is a great achievement, just done a bit more counting up to see where Keirrison is and he's amassed 1717 goals. Given how relatively easy it is to qualify in south america for Brazil, I think another 2 seasons should see him to 36, nearly 37 and he will hopefully reach at least 2,000 goals before he calls it a day. Working hard on trying to persuade him to become a coach now because a player like this needs to stay in the game lol.

Seems Brennan could reach 500 career goals, which is a great achievement, just done a bit more counting up to see where Keirrison is and he's amassed 1717 goals. Given how relatively easy it is to qualify in south america for Brazil, I think another 2 seasons should see him to 36, nearly 37 and he will hopefully reach at least 2,000 goals before he calls it a day. Working hard on trying to persuade him to become a coach now because a player like this needs to stay in the game lol.

Forget 500 santy, me and big Bernard are going for the 1,000, no jokes :eek::D

EDIT: Add 3 more to that tally, he's scored a stunning hat-trick in the Community Shield in the first match of the new season :D

Brennan will get 800-1000 easily imo.

Quick question here guys. I take it all the contenders take all the free-kicks and pens, but do you exploit the corner situaton with him too?

I must say, probably even more impressive than you actually getting to this sort of level is the fact that you are still willing to continue when to be honest it really can't be that much fun anymore as you are so dominant.

Smylie takes Free Kicks, but not Pens. And I don't use the corner exploit either. Most of my goals from corners come from the Central midfielders.

Its not fun in some senses, expecially in domestic competition, but I still struggle in Europe. I also want the N. Ireland job, and am having a lot of fun trying to build a team made up entirely of my own youth products. There is much to keep me going in this game. I initally was going to retire when Wallace retired, but then Smylie was around, and now Dunlop, and great players just keep coming, that I really wish to see careers through with,

Same thing for me, when Keirrison left for Real Madrid I stopped playing the game for a while. I picked it back up to sign him to try and meet this challenge, and then I came across Leigh Stones so its what has added more longevity to it for me. I too still want the England job at international level, I can only hope sustained showing up of Paul Ince at major competitions will eventually get him sacked. Still, he has my Stones in his squad, pretty much carrying England on his shoulders at the moment.

Brennan will get 800-1000 easily imo.

It won't be easy, but i reckon you're right nep. He's still just 26, so he's got at least 10 more years in him. If he can get to around 100 goals for Ireland, he's got a chance tbh. If he does that and keeps his strike rate at around 80-85 per season for a few seasons, he could just about sneak the 1,000, which would be a phenominal achievement if he were to do it! :D

Nope, i don't exploit this as it takes the fun out of it. It also makes this more of a challenge as i want Brennan to get his goals normally and fairly. If i exploited the corner bug, he'd probably score around 100-110 a season as he's got high attributes in the right areas to be dangerous from corners.

Archived