The Danny Roberts Challenge : Difficulty GODLIKE (Part 3)

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haha, don't be sad about that. I've had more fun with this save, than with any other I've ever played. And its still challenging, because I can't go much in Europe still. Only 1 win, and not many times that I've advanced from the group stages. I doubt I will again this season, so yeah... I've still got something to aim for.

Guest roberto922

Don't you get bored in the league games though? Or do you just sit there counting Smylies goals? :D

Its fun. And its getting harder, due to the fact the other teams are advancing. I get annoyed when he doesn't at least hit a hat-trick :)

I aim to get like, 1,000 league games unbeaten, I aim to take every record (like, most league titles etc) - and then I'll go back over the FM08 records thread, and see if I can take as many as possible :D

Just thought I'd give a quick update on Zullo.

Club

255 goals in 255 games

Country

53 goals in 41 caps.

Total

308 goals in 296 games.

Still undecided whether he can do it. He really could be doing better in the league, so if he can improve that, he could easily get 60+ goals a season.

How old is he now d-mac?

The thing with players is, as well, is if that they're still playing regularly when they're old, (like 33+ ) - They wont retire. Wallace played his last game aged 37 for me, and he finished 21 full seasons as a player. So if you keep Zulio playing even when hes past it just to grab an extra few goals per season (maybe, 20 goals or something) - he could easily reach big numbers.

Also, I put wallace on Pens and FK's for the last 8-10 years of his career, even though he was pants at them. HE still scored around 5-8 pens and 3-5 FK's per season.

Can he hit the 191 goals needed this season coming in your opinion Nep?

I had said no. But now, barely half way through the season he has added the following :

International : 7 Goals.

Club : 133 Goals. (In 35 Games)

So he's now 51 club and country goals away from 2,000. With another 3 International games before the season is up, and a minimum of 25 Club games (And a maximum of 34 Games) - He could easily, EASILY do it. He's been playing exceptionally this season. I've made a few changes to my squad, and to my tactics, and I seem to be destroying every team now. (Even in the Champions League).

How old is he now d-mac?

The thing with players is, as well, is if that they're still playing regularly when they're old, (like 33+ ) - They wont retire. Wallace played his last game aged 37 for me, and he finished 21 full seasons as a player. So if you keep Zulio playing even when hes past it just to grab an extra few goals per season (maybe, 20 goals or something) - he could easily reach big numbers.

Also, I put wallace on Pens and FK's for the last 8-10 years of his career, even though he was pants at them. HE still scored around 5-8 pens and 3-5 FK's per season.

He's 25,and he is my regular free kick and penalty taker, so is getting around 15 goals a season through that. I'm starting to worry about keeping him though. He won't renew his contract, and at a value of 20.5mil, it would be absolutely stupid to let him go on a free. He's still got 2.5 years left, so hopefully he'll renew.

Hey Jimbo, whats up my friend? Yeah, still on FM08 I'm afraid. I've a thread over in the careers section that follows this, the YPP thread and Gundo's Challenge thread, all balled up into 1. Maybe you can give it a look some time to see how the career is going :D

Unbelievable. I would've laughed if he had scored 1999 goals, been played in on goal and then...

"FM.exe has encountered a problem and has to close. We apologise for the inconvenience. Save game corrupt."

In all seriousness, what an achievement.

Well played.

Unbelievable. I would've laughed if he had scored 1999 goals, been played in on goal and then...

"FM.exe has encountered a problem and has to close. We apologise for the inconvenience. Save game corrupt."

In all seriousness, what an achievement.

Well played.

I'd die :D

Although, I have back up saves ;)

Very nice Nep :thup: What's your next target?

Cheers. Next target, 3,000. If he gets 3,000 - The next target is to get a player to score 1,000 and get 1,000 assists. [Which Youth Player 1 is well on his way to doing]

5000 goals ;)

Haha, I wish. That would be a 5 goal per game target on an average 50 game per season stint, over 20 seasons..!!!

Fantastic achievement Nep!

Out of interest, what was the final score in that game?

5-3. Smylie finished with a hat-trick in that game. He's now only 15 goals short of his 2,100th Knockbreda goal :D

jeez, that lad is a monster. After looking at this thread I went back to look at my game, and found that a recently retired superstar striker of mine (I'm still playing FM06!) retired with 969 goals, as an AC Milan player. Oh if only he hadn't been somewhat injury prone. I think that's the closest I'll ever get to completing this challenge.

it's only six months later, but I've now actually read the rules and realised - I DID IT!!! I didn't think international goals counted, but 160 of those puts my bro here up to 1129. WAHOOOOOOOOOOOO.

somewhere, on some hard drive sitting inside a broken computer - hopefully to be back in use soon - I've got his final profile image and career record. For now, http://i33.tinypic.com/2rf8r54.jpg that profile when he still had four good years left in him is all I've got. Some notable things that I recall are that I signed him on the cheap as a wee boy, he was my first choice guy for a ridiculous 21 years, his highest average rating was in the year of his 37th birthday, and after a fairly average final season he did what every good legend would do and scored a hat trick in the Champions League final. If only he'd been able to take free kicks he'd surely have hit 1000 at club level alone too. I tried to see if he could defy that stat, but he just sent everything ballooning wide and over. :'(

Good stuff. His international record is crazy. I have something a little better than that, from FM06...

TooManyGoals.jpg

SecondCount.jpg

He had already scored over 1,000 goals [And in Prem, too] - it was my greatest ever FM06 save. Him and some other guy were scoring demons. Anyway, thats Blacks international records. Not bad, eh :D

Archived