The Danny Roberts Challenge : Difficulty GODLIKE (Part 3)

No shame in not completing this for once dafuge :thup: Even's a great player in his own right, nothing to be ashamed of, you've had 2 fantastic careers with FCUM and Dartford on FM09 :D There's always next year...

For once :D

I've only managed it once, on FM06 with Danny Roberts. I think I've said every year since that I'll never repeat it in England, I just can't score enough goals.

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As you can see from my location, Josef Svec is closing in on the 1000 pretty rapidly. I'll do a full update for the last two seasons when I've finished this one. I'm currently in March and somehow I've just beaten Valencia 10-6 on aggregate in the CL. Arsenal in the Quarter Final now :D

For once :D

I've only managed it once, on FM06 with Danny Roberts. I think I've said every year since that I'll never repeat it in England, I just can't score enough goals.

Whoops, thought you'd completed it more than once! :D You say that, but if FM10 is a goal-fest, it could happen...

Whoops, thought you'd completed it more than once! :D You say that, but if FM10 is a goal-fest, it could happen...

I doubt it, the game has become a lot more difficult and realistic since the goalfest of 2006, I'd imagine it will only get harder to do with FM10.

I'm amazed I've managed to do it with Keirrison, best I managed before was 600 with Aguero but that was using Kimz Tactics so never felt that great.

It still feels somewhat shallow though because when the premiership was still strong he scored 30 in his first season and 60 or so in the next, and then began some of the insane returns. I doubt I'll be managing it again next year, but it has been great that at least in one incarnation I've managed to get such a high rate of return from a striker in the premiership. He's already at 1600/1700 fortunately the south american qualifiers he scores like 5 - 10 a game against the majority of the sides there so his international tally goes up enormously during WC qualifying times. Out of the 14 or so years he's been scoring huge amounts, he's only been in the Brazil side regularly (ie more than 1/2 caps a year) for 9 years. So it's a shame he's missed out on so much more for Brazil.

Two seasons in one this update because I got on a real roll playing FM lately (I have swine flu so plenty of time to kill). You can see in my location just how close Svec is to 1000 goals for East Belfast, and he has done this without a single international goal to his name, and only 3 caps for the Czech Republic. In the 2031/32 season he scored 87 goals, taking his tally to 857 goals. He played every single one of our league games and scored 44, with 6 coming in our CL campaign and the rest coming from assorted cup competitions.

In the 2032/33 season he really came into his own again, and despite presumably being close to past his best, going by the last season. His partnership with Spence, who I will focus on later, really seemed to help him along and he scored 107 goals this season, taking him onto 964, only 36 away from the magical milestone. When he gets to 990 there will be a seperate post with descriptions of goals 990-1000. I think he deserves it :D

Svec Profile

Svec Season 1: 8 goals

Svec Season 2:78 goals

Svec Season 3: 158 goals

Svec Season 4: 248 goals

Svec Season 5: 313 goals

Svec Season 6: 346 goals

Svec Season 7: 443 goals

Svec Season 8 : 551 goals

Svec Season 9 : 675 goals

Svec Season 10 : 770 goals

Svec Season 11 : 857 goals

Svec Season 12 : 964 goals

Svec Summary:

Appearances: 643

Goals: 964

Int'l Caps: 3

Int'l Goals: 0

And now onto his strike partner, Paul Spence. He came through my youth system, and at 16 he was kind of a 3rd choice "bring him on to get experience" sort of player, and his 11 cup appearances resulted in 7 goals. After being introduced more to the league he made 31 appearances in total at the age of 17 and scored 11 goals. Then something happened and his scoring went haywire. At the age of only 18, he played 56 times and got 76 goals in his first full season as a first teamer. Then last season he went even better, scoring 83 in 63. He should presumably get the 1000 if I can hold onto him, but there are a stupid number of clubs interested in him, so I'll only bother with screenies if I hold onto him until he's 24/25 and any interest should wane.

Paul Spence summary so far (Age 19)

Appearances: 161

Goals: 175

Int'l Caps: 15

Int'l Goals: 5

He's probably got a fair shout at 1200/1300 I reckon if he stays injury free/plays until late 30s. I might switch him to left striker so I can get Spence to the 1000 quicker too as he has a big chance at hitting 1500 imo. If I do that then 1200 might be his limit.

I tried to do this challenge within the 1st few years and struglled the best i got was a young Irish winger/forward but he only got 700goal, with 970 assists

before i had offers of 7-8million for him and the board accepted them and he is currently playing for Sunderland

and in 31 games has 19goals and 24 assists - playing AML

so I was thinking whats the most assists one of your players have reached?

Then it was probably not his 500th goal?

It was his 500th goal for FC United, i calculated it! He's got a few more since then and the message didn't come up, so it may be that it just decided not to appear on this occasion.

If you look at the end of my location, you can see how many goals Brennan has scored for FCUM and Ireland :)

It was his 500th goal for FC United, i calculated it! He's got a few more since then and the message didn't come up, so it may be that it just decided not to appear on this occasion.

If you look at the end of my location, you can see how many goals Brennan has scored for FCUM and Ireland :)

Can't you see this on the Best Eleven?

Andrew Smylie - The Story so far :

2032 | Games, 45 | Goals, 85 | Assists, 13 | MoM, 20 | GPG 1.88

2033 | Games, 57 | Goals, 112 | Assists, 25 | MoM, 31 | GPG 1.96

2034 | Games, 61 | Goals, 156 | Assists, 31 | MoM, 38 | GPG 2.56

2035 | Games, 67 | Goals, 204 | Assists, 27 | MoM, 47 | GPG 3.04

2036 | Games, 53 | Goals, 190 | Assists, 26 | MoM, 37 | GPG 3.58

2037 | Games, 48 | Goals, 156 | Assists, 24 | MoM, 38 | GPG 3.25

2038 | Games, 62 | Goals, 228 | Assists, 34 | MoM, 50 | GPG 3.68

2039 | Games, 52 | Goals, 170 | Assists, 29 | MoM, 40 | GPG 3.27

2040 | Games, 61 | Goals, 181 | Assists, 38 | MoM, 47 | GPG 2.97

2041 | Games, 48 | Goals, 142 | Assists, 24 | MoM, 30 | GPG 2.96

2042 | Games, 58 | Goals, 158 | Assists, 25 | MoM, 41 | GPG 2.72

2043 | Games, 55 | Goals, 177 | Assists, 34 | MoM, 37 | GPG 3.21

2044 | Games, 60 | Goals, 185 | Assists, 35 | MoM, 41 | GPG 3.08

2045 | Games, 54 | Goals, 143 | Assists, 23 | MoM, 35 | GPG 2.65

2046 | Games, 59 | Goals, 159 | Assists, 30 | MoM, 36 | GPG 2.69

2047 | Games, 57 | Goals, 140 | Assists, 40 | MoM, 32 | GPG 2.45

2048 | Games, 58,| Goals, 122 | Assists, 32 | MoM, 34 | GPG 2.10

Club Totals :

[smylie is now 33 Years Old]

Games, 955 | Goals, 2708 | Assists, 488 | MoM, 634 | GPG 2.84

N. Ireland

Games, 106 | Goals, 62

*Smylie is now N. Irelands All Time Record Goal Scorer

Career Totals

Games - 1,011

Goals - 2,770

Assists - 488

MoM - 634

Attributes dropping like flies now. He had a great start to the season, scoring 60 goals in 18 games, but only managed 62 more for the rest of the season. He only needs 230 goals now. Next season, I'm going to keep him as fresh as possible. He will only be playing in the Champions League, NIP, All Ireland Cup, Semi - Finals and Finals of domestic cups. That means, he'll probably only play 40 games next season. So 100 goals is the target.

Unfortunately due to reformatting, Keirrison may never score another goal it depends on if the save will work and if I can get the authenticator to work as well because last time I tried to install the website wouldn't recognise my code at all.

Hawley has dissapointed this season and im sure he wont be able to get anywhere near 1000 goals :(

That's disappointing news kaNovi :( Would have been nice to have another contender in the running to complete the challenge, but it seems that this challenge has proved to be just too tough for the young man :(

One thing I'd love to have seen was Keirrison in the NI leagues for just one season - obviously no legitimate way to get him there but I can just imagine him going to town in a way even Smylie may have struggled to match lol. Still, im trying to get my save back on as I put all the old files on a partition before the reformat.

My Keirrison save isn't dead, it was intact in the partition so I was able to transfer it back over. 35 years old and because of a couple of niggles to Stones he has been the top scorer this year, averaging over 2 goals a game still 6 games to go this season so hopefully he will keep it up as there is time for it to go wrong. Obviously personal bias at play here, but Keirrison will always be the best to me for the obvious reasons he's done it at Stoke and at the top level for so long now.

Obviously Smylie is the name that will live long in the memory, and has achieved more - I'm hoping to rattle through a couple more seasons on FM before 10 comes out to get a bit more out of him.

Every year I think this challenge is going to be impossible and every year someone proves me wrong. How are people getting on with the FM10 demo? Anyone managed to get a striker scoring at a rate that is capable of reaching the 1000 mark?

I'm still playing FM09, may be for some while, in an attempt to Brennan to this magical landmark. With every game that passes, he looks more and more likely to complete it! :D

Nearly finished my current season, about a month left, he's on course for another 3 figure season :eek: :eek: :eek:

Guest roberto922
Every year I think this challenge is going to be impossible and every year someone proves me wrong. How are people getting on with the FM10 demo? Anyone managed to get a striker scoring at a rate that is capable of reaching the 1000 mark?

Seems a good mix between the freescoring 08 and the tougher 09, I thought there was no chance of someone getting it for 09.

Probably have to wait until the game comes out and we start seeing regens before we see a decent competitor.

I've loaded up the FM10 demo. I can't stand it. I've not checked out the game play yet, but the skin, and the UI is horrendous. They better have an amazing ME to make up for the lack of ascetics this year. I'll carry on with FM08 at the moment. I'll get Smylie's career out the way, then I'll consider moving on to FM10. :thup:

I've loaded up the FM10 demo. I can't stand it. I've not checked out the game play yet, but the skin, and the UI is horrendous. They better have an amazing ME to make up for the lack of ascetics this year. I'll carry on with FM08 at the moment. I'll get Smylie's career out the way, then I'll consider moving on to FM10. :thup:

There is an FM09 skin for it that will be available somehow if you prefer that.

Archived