Winter update out for Fmm

• SI Staff
13 minutes ago, Cothucotchy said:

Where can I find a changelist regarding fixes and improvements? 

There are way too many changes to even begin to assemble a vaguely coherent changelist.

• SI Staff
7 minutes ago, Lillywhite Dean said:

Does it include a fix for the player ratings bug?

There is some tweaking to ratings - mainly for DM's, but there are also tweaks for various other aspects and not just 'visibly' where certain players naturally get slightly higher ratings because well they do in real-life (ie. strikers get higher ratings than goalkeepers and thus are man of match players more often etc.) the game is tweaked to ensure that this doesn't penalise them unduly in terms of reputation adjustments etc. ... all this is ludicrously complex I'm afraid.

52 minutes ago, Marc Vaughan said:

There is some tweaking to ratings - mainly for DM's, but there are also tweaks for various other aspects and not just 'visibly' where certain players naturally get slightly higher ratings because well they do in real-life (ie. strikers get higher ratings than goalkeepers and thus are man of match players more often etc.) the game is tweaked to ensure that this doesn't penalise them unduly in terms of reputation adjustments etc. ... all this is ludicrously complex I'm afraid.

I was thinking specifically about how the game doesn't seem to recognise poor performances i.e. my team could be hammered 4 or 5 nil, or it could suffer from a late collapse (throwing away a 3 goal advantage with 15 minutes to go), or someone could be issued with a red card, and yet my players won't have ratings less than 6/10.

I’ve just put a couple of hours into the new update and the 2 things that have me questioning why atm are why can’t we dictate training for players we’ve loaned out anymore? Basically now all CD will train aerial, all BPD passing, Midfielders passing, attacking midfielders movement and strikers movement for their entire loan development period and their positional training is limited to their natural position. That’s going to make developing youth to suit your system much tougher now. Also, why does 90% of my squad now stay on 99% stamina no matter how much rest they get? 

Apart from that I haven’t really noticed much else yet tbh. Still an absurd shots on target to goal ratio for all the teams I’m totally dominating. First round of league cup and I have 32 shots with 18 on target to my rubbish opponents 3 shots with 1 on target and yes I lost 1 - 0.

• SI Staff
32 minutes ago, Lillywhite Dean said:

I was thinking specifically about how the game doesn't seem to recognise poor performances i.e. my team could be hammered 4 or 5 nil, or it could suffer from a late collapse (throwing away a 3 goal advantage with 15 minutes to go) and yet my players won't have ratings less than 6/10.

Ratings below 6 in most papers and such aren't 'that' common - six is considered a 'below average' performance, to get a 5 or below generally you have to be pretty dire ...

In game terms an average of 6.8 (for most positions) is average although goalkeepers tend to rate below this level fairly easily (which the game takes into account). If a player is below that level then its a point of concern for their consistency or just general ability ... if they're below 6 then put them out of their misery please and stop playing them ;)

If a player has an average above 7 then its a good sign for their ability and performance being of a standard which is good for your team as a whole - that being said some players can perform well and arguably be a liability because they're lazy or too aggressive (ie. a creative midfielder might make goals but fail to defend and make your team concede) ... also some players might be sub-par but great leaders. In otherwords its the team performance which matters and some people contribute in different ways to others.

• SI Staff
13 minutes ago, WelshLen77 said:

I’ve just put a couple of hours into the new update and the 2 things that have me questioning why atm are why can’t we dictate training for players we’ve loaned out anymore? Basically now all CD will train aerial, all BPD passing, Midfielders passing, attacking midfielders movement and strikers movement for their entire loan development period and their positional training is limited to their natural position. That’s going to make developing youth to suit your system much tougher now. Also, why does 90% of my squad now stay on 99% stamina no matter how much rest they get? [/quote]

You'll find that mid-season if the club and player is fairly active then they'll always have slight wear and tear come January simply because they're playing a lot; this is pretty normal and in real-life its one of the reasons why larger squads rotate players at times.

Apart from that I haven’t really noticed much else yet tbh. Still an absurd shots on target to goal ratio for all the teams I’m totally dominating. First round of league cup and I have 32 shots with 18 on target to my rubbish opponents 3 shots with 1 on target and yes I lost 1 - 0.

Sorry to hear you lost, but it sounds like they sat behind the ball and counter attacked or scored from a set-piece, its fairly rare but does happen in real-life, especially in cup competitions where there is a large discrepancy between teams.

Top Giant Killings in FA Cup

PS - If you're continuing an existing (particularly long-term) save then some things to do with AI club improvements to how they approach transfers and balance their squads will take a while to filter in and improve in your game for obvious reasons.

2 minutes ago, Marc Vaughan said:

You'll find that mid-season if the club and player is fairly active then they'll always have slight wear and tear come January simply because they're playing a lot; this is pretty normal and in real-life its one of the reasons why larger squads rotate players at times.

I’m talking about from the start of a new save to December of the first season. 90% have been stuck on 99% stamina since day one including player that haven’t played a game.

3 minutes ago, Marc Vaughan said:

Sorry to hear you lost, but it sounds like they sat behind the ball and counter attacked or scored from a set-piece, its fairly rare but does happen in real-life, especially in cup competitions where there is a large discrepancy between teams.

Top Giant Killings in FA Cup

Oh I agree it possible but very rare ...unlike on FMM where it is a regular thing especially the opposition scoring with their only shot on target and quite often the person who score has terrible stats against my world class team. Also why does my keeper keep getting a 7 match rating although hes conceded from the only shot on target?

I’ve been on the fence about buying this years version, mainly because a lot of people say the game is too easy, have difficult levels been tweaked in the latest update? Too many back to back promotions would bore me, I sometimes like a relegation battle, beleive it or not, just as exciting as fighting for promotion etc.

6 hours ago, Marc Vaughan said:

Ratings below 6 in most papers and such aren't 'that' common - six is considered a 'below average' performance, to get a 5 or below generally you have to be pretty dire ...

In game terms an average of 6.8 (for most positions) is average although goalkeepers tend to rate below this level fairly easily (which the game takes into account). If a player is below that level then its a point of concern for their consistency or just general ability ... if they're below 6 then put them out of their misery please and stop playing them ;)

If a player has an average above 7 then its a good sign for their ability and performance being of a standard which is good for your team as a whole - that being said some players can perform well and arguably be a liability because they're lazy or too aggressive (ie. a creative midfielder might make goals but fail to defend and make your team concede) ... also some players might be sub-par but great leaders. In otherwords its the team performance which matters and some people contribute in different ways to others.

We must read different papers! I find player ratings under 6 to be quite common tbh.

This is the type of thing that I don't understand. Only 3 of the 11 players for UFA had a below average performance (if a match rating of 6 equates to below average) yet they were hammered 5-0. How can 8 players be awarded 7/10?

Screenshot_20190306-222535.thumb.png.279c4ac4ebe02fc8ce801ec590df5d2d.png

Updates not great, got transfer listed players with no interest in them no matter how low the fee and players not leaving once the fee and personal terms are agreed, just says everyday the deal can now be completed. Very buggy update 

I just played a season and it seems to be ok towards January my players were constantly tired and I had some injury issues which coste the league but I still managed to win the Europa League

Did a quick simulation with Liverpool and just holiday’d through half the season from August to December to get an idea of what’s been fixed. 

Fitness: Seems like fitness has finally been adjusted and is now a lot more realistic. Plenty of players were below 85% fitness around November/December time. 

Transfer window: Unfortunately the transfer window still seems quite broken.

- Still not able to include clauses when you sell a player after multiple clubs have made a bid. This was an issue that was apparently being solved. 

- Still able to recall a player from loan even if a recall clause wasn’t inserted. 

- Still not receiving offers for some players listed for loan even if they’re a decent player e.g. listed Woodburn for loan and received no offers. 

I understand that you can’t list every single bug that’s been fixed but surely some of the major fixes could be listed? Is anybody from the team able to give us a bit more information? I’d mainly want some details about fixes regarding transfers & loans e.g. are bigger clubs actually going to be interested in signing my key players now? Feels like I’m automatically playing on easy mode when I’m never receiving offers for key players or having them hand in transfer requests. 

• SI Staff

Did you start a new game or continue an old one? - if you have an old game then it might take a while for any issues 'in the system' to resolve themselves (ie. if a transfer with an issue is present already behind the scenes (ie. a club has decided on an offer etc.) then it will still have the pre-update data.

If you don't think this is the case please let our tech support know especially if you can provide examples and save games.

• SI Staff
1 hour ago, DarJ said:

I just played a season and it seems to be ok towards January my players were constantly tired and I had some injury issues which coste the league but I still managed to win the Europa League

Yeah things are fairly challenging if you're in Europe with a small squad - if you have a large squad on the other hand you have to try and keep them all happy ... 

• SI Staff
4 hours ago, ChrisTD said:

Updates not great, got transfer listed players with no interest in them no matter how low the fee and players not leaving once the fee and personal terms are agreed, just says everyday the deal can now be completed. Very buggy update 

Can I have this save game please - email it to marc.vaughan@sigames.com and I'll take a look asap, let me know which players to look at (same thing with any other issues you might be having).

Also please let me know is this a 'new game' or an existing save ? (as mentioned elsewhere existing saves might still show issues for a while until existing data is updated).

5 hours ago, Marc Vaughan said:

Yeah things are fairly challenging if you're in Europe with a small squad - if you have a large squad on the other hand you have to try and keep them all happy ... 

Something strange that happened was I played Donnarumma as my fist choice goalkeeper but I decided to give another young goalkeeper I had chance to play in Europe so the next message that came the next day said that Donnarumma was unhappy because he's not a first team player but that was the only game he missed till that point 

• SI Staff
1 hour ago, DarJ said:

Something strange that happened was I played Donnarumma as my fist choice goalkeeper but I decided to give another young goalkeeper I had chance to play in Europe so the next message that came the next day said that Donnarumma was unhappy because he's not a first team player but that was the only game he missed till that point 

If you have a save file from just before that match in Europe that would be much appreciated. We'll be able to look into this then. 

13 hours ago, Lillywhite Dean said:

We must read different papers! I find player ratings under 6 to be quite common tbh.

This is the type of thing that I don't understand. Only 3 of the 11 players for UFA had a below average performance (if a match rating of 6 equates to below average) yet they were hammered 5-0. How can 8 players be awarded 7/10?

Lazio have an average player rating of 6.9% and UFA have an average player rating of 6.6%

You'd expect a team losing 5-0 would receive lower avg ratings than 6.6

• SI Staff
14 hours ago, Lillywhite Dean said:

What was the score at half time?

2 hours ago, Sebastian Szlenkier said:

What was the score at half time?

The 1st half ended 4-0. So UFA's 2nd half performance was significantly better.

However, they still lost 5-0. Parking the bus at 4-0 down in an act of damage limitation still doesn't justify these match ratings in my opinion. If you look at a recent real-life example of Manchester City 6 - 0 Chelsea. Manchester City scored four goals in the 1st half and two in the 2nd half. The player ratings judged by the Evening Standard has four players with 5/10, three players with 4/10 and four players with 3/10 (the Independent and TalkSport also give ratings below 6). 

The other issue I have is if I was the UFA manager, I wouldn't be able to discipline my players for losing so badly because everyone has ratings of 6s and 7s.

• SI Staff
5 minutes ago, Lillywhite Dean said:

The 1st half ended 4-0. So UFA's 2nd half performance was significantly better.

However, they still lost 5-0. Parking the bus at 4-0 down in act of damage limitation still doesn't justify these match ratings in my opinion. If you look at a recent real-life example of Manchester City 6 - 0 Chelsea. Manchester City scored four goals in the 1st half and two in the 2nd half. The player ratings judged by the Evening Standard has four players with 5/10, three players with 4/10 and four players with 3/10. 

The other issue I have is if I was the UFA manager, I wouldn't be able to discipline my players for losing so badly because everyone has ratings of 6s and 7s.

This is something we are aware of, next time you come across something like this could you please save a PKM and send it to us? This will benefit us greatly in trying to sort this issue. Thanks :) 

• SI Staff
1 hour ago, Weller1980 said:

Lazio have an average player rating of 6.9% and UFA have an average player rating of 6.6%

You'd expect a team losing 5-0 would receive lower avg ratings than 6.6

Yeah I agree - this is more what I've seen in my matches, some will get reasonable ratings perhaps even 'good ones' (say a keeper who has had an exceptional game but no cover might get a 7, a creative player who scored a couple might get an 8 etc.) ... but mainly sixes with a couple of 7's perhaps and one or two below ... the attached game was exceptional because my team is punching above their weight and wasn't expected to win (I was 1 down just before half-time ...

Image-1.jpg

PS - As sebastian indicated if you have anything you think is wrong as always please send it along and we'll do our best to try and tune things. My 'pink eye' is on its way to clearing up now and I'm nearly back to full-speed after a week of peering at the computers through cloudy vision (double difficult because I haven't been able to wear my contact lenses and so have been wearing glasses which gives me a massive migraine).

25 minutes ago, Sebastian Szlenkier said:

This is something we are aware of, next time you come across something like this could you please save a PKM and send it to us? This will benefit us greatly in trying to sort this issue. Thanks :) 

I do have the PKM which is here:

Lazio v Ufa.pkm

And just a reminder that I have previously provided examples on this.

In fact Alari mentioned in this thread a potential wraparound for this issue.

17 minutes ago, Marc Vaughan said:

Yeah I agree - this is more what I've seen in my matches, some will get reasonable ratings perhaps even 'good ones' (say a keeper who has had an exceptional game but no cover might get a 7, a creative player who scored a couple might get an 8 etc.) ... but mainly sixes with a couple of 7's perhaps and one or two below ... the attached game was exceptional because my team is punching above their weight and wasn't expected to win (I was 1 down just before half-time ...

PS - As sebastian indicated if you have anything you think is wrong as always please send it along and we'll do our best to try and tune things. My 'pink eye' is on its way to clearing up now and I'm nearly back to full-speed after a week of peering at the computers through cloudy vision (double difficult because I haven't been able to wear my contact lenses and so have been wearing glasses which gives me a massive migraine).

I bet you're playing this on iOS!

I never get games where players receive the kind of ratings those Leeds Utd players did.

• SI Staff
12 minutes ago, Lillywhite Dean said:

I bet you're playing this on iOS!

I never get games where players receive the kind of ratings those Leeds Utd players did.

Hmmm interesting comment - I presume you're on android then?

(that is actually incredibly useful to know, in theory both platforms should perform identically (obviously) ... but its possible there is a nuance between them which would explain why I'm scratching my head at present ... ;) ... by default I've done most of my play on my iPad recently (because its bigger than my android phone and my sight issues, which are thankfully clearing up :D) ...

• SI Staff
23 minutes ago, Lillywhite Dean said:

I do have the PKM which is here:

Lazio v Ufa.pkm 24.56 kB · 1 download

And just a reminder that I have previously provided examples on this.

In fact Alari mentioned in this thread a potential wraparound for this issue.

Think that's a slightly different issues, largely regarding ridiculous scorelines. This one is specifically about the match ratings within a game. The PKM you provided is very useful and could help us a lot, thank you very much :) 

9 minutes ago, Marc Vaughan said:

(that is actually incredibly useful to know, in theory both platforms should perform identically (obviously) ... but its possible there is a nuance between them which would explain why I'm scratching my head at present ... ;) ... by default I've done most of my play on my iPad recently (because its bigger than my android phone and my sight issues, which are thankfully clearing up :D) ...

I am on Android. Check this out:

Which relates to this:

19 minutes ago, Sebastian Szlenkier said:

Think that's a slightly different issues, largely regarding ridiculous scorelines. This one is specifically about the match ratings within a game. The PKM you provided is very useful and could help us a lot, thank you very much :) 

The thread actually covers both unrealistic match ratings and unusual scorelines.

For example:

• SI Staff

Yeah the tippy scorelines I've tried to resolve this version through some balancing issues (and fixing one wrap around I found in a variable) ... its always a challenge though as obviously I don't want to prevent high scoring games happening, just have them happen 'realistically' ... thanks for the pkm I' going to load it up in a moment ..

Just to throw my 2 cents worth in here. I’ve found (iOS/iPad player) that match rating isn’t about the players full 90 minute performance but their last 20-30 mins. Can’t tell you how many games I’ve taken a 4-5 goal lead for the opposition to score 2-3 goals in the last 3rd of the game and their gk/defence rating shoot up and my gk/defence rating plummet. Regularly beat teams 5-2/4-2/5-3 but the opposition players rate higher than mine especially gk & defensively as no matter what I do in this game I regularly concede lots of silly late goals. 

• SI Staff
12 minutes ago, Lillywhite Dean said:

@Sebastian Szlenkier @Marc Vaughan

Not sure if you want me to start a new thread on the bugs forum but here is another pkm file.

Screenshot_20190307-164811.thumb.png.d0cc9fc87a261b389073bc2dcd2e3374.png

Cagliari v Lazio.pkm 24.7 kB · 1 download

Thank you very much :) That's very helpful

On match ratings, something I have found is that it doesn’t factor in your opposition. Chelsea losing 1-0 to Huddersfield should lead Huddersfield having many players in the team of the week and having high ratings as that is a massive scalp and ratings should equal that to Chelsea’s if they win against Huddersfield 5-0.

Anyone else noticed it is alot harder to keep players happy? I have an old save and rotate when possible but after a few games I'm getting alerts saying X player unhappy at not planning. Example I dropped Sancho for 2-3 games played previously around 8-9 in a row he then said he was unhappy at not being in first team and now says he has lost faith in me?

9 hours ago, Green Arrow said:

Anyone else noticed it is alot harder to keep players happy? I have an old save and rotate when possible but after a few games I'm getting alerts saying X player unhappy at not planning. Example I dropped Sancho for 2-3 games played previously around 8-9 in a row he then said he was unhappy at not being in first team and now says he has lost faith in me?

I haven't noticed that yet and I've been rotating my team quite heavily.

I quite like the sound of it though. If the unhappy player's contact says First Team or Key Player then being dropped for 2-3 games would make certain personality types unhappy.

• SI Staff

Yeah if you've told someone he's a key player and he's not horribly unfit or injured then he will get unhappy fairly quickly ... the exact speed depends on his underlying happiness and personality ... some will be more patient than others, some are very intense.

Basically don't expect to be able to set your entire squad as key players and have a happy squad.

On 06/03/2019 at 17:18, Lillywhite Dean said:

I was thinking specifically about how the game doesn't seem to recognise poor performances i.e. my team could be hammered 4 or 5 nil, or it could suffer from a late collapse (throwing away a 3 goal advantage with 15 minutes to go), or someone could be issued with a red card, and yet my players won't have ratings less than 6/10.

There is some tweaking to ratings - mainly for DM's, but there are also tweaks for various other aspects and not just 'visibly' where certain players naturally get slightly higher ratings because well they do in  FileZilla Malwarebytes Rufus real-life (ie. strikers get higher ratings than goalkeepers and thus are man of match players more often etc.) the game is tweaked to ensure that this doesn't penalise them unduly in terms of reputation adjustments etc. ... all this is ludicrously complex I'm afraid.

8 hours ago, Marc Vaughan said:

Yeah if you've told someone he's a key player and he's not horribly unfit or injured then he will get unhappy fairly quickly ... the exact speed depends on his underlying happiness and personality ... some will be more patient than others, some are very intense.

Basically don't expect to be able to set your entire squad as key players and have a happy squad.

I have see the issue with players who's team status as backup and I play them rotation and still they get unhappy. Example in screenshot season of only really started and had game time I find players are getting unhappy quicker and it's harder to keep everyone happy. Unless I start switching the whole team every game not sure what to do

FM 2019 Mobile_2019-03-08-22-01-12.jpg

FM 2019 Mobile_2019-03-08-22-01-26.jpg

From what I'm reading it seems as if fitness is more realistic for the human controlled team now, but is the fitness of AI teams any better? Are we still seeing 10 injuries and the whole starting XI on 75% or is this rectified?

If so, has anyone noticed a change in the overall difficulty of the game? 

• SI Staff
5 hours ago, Green Arrow said:

I have see the issue with players who's team status as backup and I play them rotation and still they get unhappy. Example in screenshot season of only really started and had game time I find players are getting unhappy quicker and it's harder to keep everyone happy. Unless I start switching the whole team every game not sure what to do

FM 2019 Mobile_2019-03-08-22-01-12.jpg

FM 2019 Mobile_2019-03-08-22-01-26.jpg

The gentleman in question is 22 years old and while you are treating him correctly for being a backup but simply he is getting itchy for more, he's valued at 44m so I think its fair to say he has reason to think he's good enough to be more than just a backup ...

This will be  especially the case if you signed the player a few years ago as a backup when he wasn't 'as good' and that has now changed .... entirely up to you if you decide to stand in his way and force him to stick in that role, play him or let him move on .... all part of  being a manager I'm afraid, but from what  I can see so far that doesn't look like a bug really.

On 07/03/2019 at 15:09, Marc Vaughan said:

@Lillywhite Dean Didn't we establish some sort of difference between Android and iOS some time ago? I am seeing the same type of gameplay as @Marc Vaughan and I'm also on iOS.

I just can't remember where we discussed it though.

Edit: Nevermind. I found your thread where I posted some screenshots. I clearly see some difference in Android/iOS behavior.

Just now, MikaelS said:

@Lillywhite Dean Didn't we establish some sort of difference between Android and iOS some time ago? I am seeing the same type of gameplay as @Marc Vaughan and I'm also on iOS.

I just can't remember where we discussed it though.

Hi @MikaelS - Yes we did. I shared our post on this discovery in my reply to @Marc Vaughan

I think it's quite a significant find.

Archived