Players on leadership courses.

I have a few questions about sending players on leadership courses.

1).  Can players be sent on leadership courses during the summer so that it doesn't affect their normal training during the season?

2).  What sort of player is likely to get the benefit from going on a leadership course?  Is it better if the player is a certain age, has a certain leadership attribute to start with, or has a certain type of personality?

3).  If the player does receive a boost in leadership, will the player potentially drop in other attributes due to the limited amount of CA points to go around?

I'd love to play around with this feature but there is literally no in-game information to indicate how this feature even works.

I’ve mostly avoided. I think the player type that makes sense is an older player (say 27 or older) that doesn’t have a lot of individual training benefits (he’s mostly the player he will ever be) and a plus personality. 

I cannot ever say I’d prioritize leadership over skill development time with a youngster.

I've had quite a few fail, but also if you send a player on a leadership / coaching course they can't rehab an injury for some bizarre reason. So I've stopped doing both (unless the player's retiring at the end of the season and I only have them around for Mentoring purposes).

Em 05/03/2019 em 14:54, MatchWinner disse:

So I guess nobody else has a clue how this works either...

This is the trouble when they introduce new features - they don't explain them properly so everyone just assumes the game is either broken and/or terrible.

it only takes to a no number of theories like those ones that exists for some aspects of the game. This, sometimes, is bad.

Wait I didn't realise it takes away from training time!?!?!

Training is something I always leave to assistant manager and coaches, always try to get the best I can and to be honest it's just not something I want to mess with since I have always surrounded myself with a staff who can develop players for me.

But sent a few of my young lads on my current save with Raith on these courses and they have all come back with improvements. I'm trying to do an academy save so my thinking was if I send them all young and over their careers by the time they are hitting peak I should have them all highly determined and a team of leaders willing to die for the cause.

I'm only 3rd season in though so no idea if it will work how I'm anticipating ;) 

• 8 months later...

Interesting comments on leadership. Leadership has evolved since I was taught it at the Royal Military Academy Sandhurst at the age of 20. Its changed from transactional to much more transformational leadership styles. You can see that in Pep and Klopp. 

As a leader it is about inspiring others that they want to follow you. And leaving enough capacity to be a leader of a team. Just wearing an armband does not make you a leader. 

it’s about make the right decisions in very binary situations. Having humility, courage, conviction and a high EQ. 

I work with a wide range of elite athletes, explorers and military on leadership where there is no room for error. 

Leadership can be taught but there are also natural leaders. I see Man Utd have identified an academy player as a potential leader along with Maguire

I'm not sure how it works either, have experimented it a bit though. I sent one player on a course which was apparently a succes. Didn't see a thing initially though, his attributes remained unchanged. Since the course he does have much better training scores though, so I guess one or more hidden attributes have changed and he leads by example on the training ground now.