Knap - FM24 and FM23 FM22_FM 21 - FM 20 -FM 19 Tactic List

12 minutes ago, FMBevan-Smith said:

Do we just have to accept ridiculous scoring games in FM now? Or is it just me? Games are always 4-2 or 5-2 etc. Very rarely low scoring games. No matter what I do with the tactic. I'll pretty much always concede and often the opposition's only chance. 

All tactics I've tried so far are like this. I've tested about 4 different tactics with Southampton. I've done well, but have always conceded, on average, around a goal a game and more often than not scoring 100+ goals within a 46 game season. 

For me, it just takes the realism out of the game. 

I'd like a strong tactic that isn't OP. 

Its not the tactic, its FM24. due too GKS reactions are totaly 0 ,u will see a couple of high scores. i ve watched a tournament yesterday in every match we had like 10 goal /game..insane.

• Replies 37.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Il y a 10 heures, murmoose a dit :

Struggling to find a consistent away tactic as Liverpool a few seasons in.  Barely pick up points against the top four and against big champions league teams away in later stages. Picking a good tactic and going balanced doesn't seem to do much. What's everyone using?

Home tactics are perfect - rotate between 'HGF 451 MC P107 ALL CUPS' and 'WOF 451 ATT TH P94 FA'

Yeah exactly the same for me 

I use ME24WOFKNAP41131MCMCP102ALLCUP

Home games are perfect with this tactic but struggle a lot away. Against big teams I know automatically it's a defeat I just try to not take a lot of goals, but even against small teams I struggle to win every away game and they are too effective, every shot is dangerous with those teams

I try defensive, balanced and positive away (cause I play offensive at home), it's never working against big teams, sometimes against small. 

I also try the OIs cause I didn't use it at first but didn't see an improvement

I still try to see what could work 

Hi there, thanks so much for these tactics and other guidance such as shouts etc. Just wondering on the attributes section can I check two things:

• I assume the items outside the brackets are the main ones to look for and the ones inside the brackets are nice to have?
  • You note the ones inside the bracket are to train. Should I be training the weakest attribute first or making a decision (i.e a tiny striker isn't worth training jumping)

Thanks!

5 minutes ago, Heywood JaBlowme said:

ME a bit harder now? At least we're losing to teams we're supposed to be losing to now.  

It's weird in FM24. It looks like IF/IW/W are not crossing to the striker but cutting the ball back to the edge of the box to your CMs/IWBs just like in FM22. I guess this is SI's way to limit strikers racking up 80-90 goals a season. I also notice some odd behaviour from defenders just standing around and not tackling when an opposing player dribble straight at them. In some occasions my player will surge forward with the ball and then just stop to let opposing defender take the ball.

It's very frustrating

Edited by sugarbear0511

17 minutes ago, sugarbear0511 said:

It's weird in FM24. It looks like IF/IW/W are not crossing to the striker but cutting the ball back to the edge of the box to your CMs/IWBs just like in FM22. I guess this is SI's way to limit strikers racking up 80-90 goals a season. I also notice some odd behaviour from defenders just standing around and not tackling when an opposing player dribble straight at them. In some occasions my player will surge forward with the ball and then just stop to let opposing defender take the ball.

It's very frustrating

Having similar experience with strikers and cutbacks, also central play and killer balls seem to have regressed quite a bit which harms quality and variety of chances (esp for the striker). Not the most enjoyable ME for my tastes atm.

3 minutes ago, kandersson said:

Having similar experience with strikers and cutbacks, also central play and killer balls seem to have regressed quite a bit which harms quality and variety of chances (esp for the striker). Not the most enjoyable ME for my tastes atm.

what frustrates me the most is the defender bug which is similar to last year and it's not the quality of my defenders either. They're not best in the world but if we're (premier league side) having these problems playing at home against a league 2 side, something is up.

On 12/11/2023 at 22:33, knap said:

@Fuel

What do you need to know?

I was wondering if I need to add the set pieces myself or I can import the routines? I tried downloading and importing the .fmf file but my game just does not see it in the folder it was downloaded too.

10 hours ago, kandersson said:

Just won a match 11-0 with literally everyone scoring except the goalkeeper  and... the striker :D. Might as well try strikerless... Any chance of a 41230?

Yeah, I'm seeing this to, got trouble getting even Harry Kane to score and have him 7+ ratings, while the rest of the team is scoring so easy and have good ratings. tried ton of formations

2 hours ago, DavyDepuydt1 said:

Yeah, I'm seeing this to, got trouble getting even Harry Kane to score and have him 7+ ratings, while the rest of the team is scoring so easy and have good ratings. tried ton of formations

I'm afraid it's a trait of current ME regardless of tactics and formation. A big striker on near post corners should do though :D. I have tried 3430 strikerless above and the style of football seemed more enjoyable for me so will give it a go. Had lots of success in FM21 with a strikerless 41230 (and AMC scoring at very high rate :D) hopefully FM 24 can be similar.

@knap thanks for all the tactics. I'm having a great first season right now using your MC 451 tactic with newcastle but I'm having a difficult time against weaker team that sit in low block 7-0-2-1 formation. I try lowering the tempo and turning on 'work ball into box' to be more patient and dominating possession but it's still not very consistent and I'm getting quite a bit of 0-0 even 0-1 losses against this negative formation. Do you have any suggestions?