• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@Zerlon

Either the 424 or tactics tested with Everton or underdog HUB Test tactics

BEOWULF 424 IF VOL MHD P102 FA CC

BEOWULF BAL TIG 424 IF VOL P108 EC

BEOWULF BAL SP 424 IF VOL P107  CC

Hey Knap! I haven't played FM in a while and I want to come back to the game with an easy but quick holiday save with Manchester City. Which tactic would make Haaland score the most goals? Surely one of the 4231s?

Hi @knap, I already played 3 seasons with a 4-5-1, one with HGF 451 P101 FA CC and two with HGF 4451 IW P102 FA. Both good results.

Is it possible to mix them to make this tactic in midfield :

IW (At)                      IW (At)

MEZ (At)  CM (At)

DLP (Su)

Because I don't see this combination in any of your 4-5-1 tactic.

Hello All,

Newbie to FM23, I’ve managed to get free as part of my iPhone purchase. This is FM23 Touch and I was just wondering are there are tactics I can use? I understand this will have to be a manual process of copying the set up but querying if there are any tactics that work well

@Valencia CF AE

I had this testing ME with a non ME update.

Form just turned and Pool were started losing even home games 4-1.

I just re run season with same tactic and all was good.

You could try a team meeting to try and turn the form around.

@knap

Played 10 games after the update resulting in 9 loses en 1 win... how is this possible?! :( 

Before the update everything was just fine.

I did a teammeeting, but the results are stil verry bad.

I hope there wil be soon compatible tactics with the new update. 

Greetings Beekimov

On 08/05/2023 at 19:26, kandersson said:

Unlike real life Pep I prefer right on right and left on left as wingers are main source of attacking width though I've had success with a right footed AML + left footed SS/AMCL moving into channels

There are 2 versions of this tactics, are you using the older one or newer Knapp one? Point me to right direction if you can

@Beekimov

Wat tactic are you using

Is this your game version and ME 

Screenshot2023-05-11104147.png.4fc419acb53e6dcffbb5547d7c170f4f.png

If so ME has not changed.

Can you change Manager, retire and add new Manager exactly the same. Then use same tactic.

On 01/05/2023 at 20:21, kandersson said:

Only changed defensive set pieces as I was conceding above expected in Serie B otherwise it's default tactic

No OI

Side CB's cover a lot of ground both on and off the ball so it's important for them to have very good pace/acceleration plus stamina and work rate. They also run with the ball a lot and build from the back so they need decent dribbling, passing and vision otherwise they'll regularly lose possession and expose the team to counter. Think Gvardiol or Bastoni. Wingers are also important for defence as they track back and help covering the flanks. I tend to use wingers or classic brazilian attacking wingbacks with elite pace, dribbling and flair though decent stamina and work rate are a plus.

I also struggle to keep clean sheets and often concede a goal at the end of the game as players get tired though usually we're already up two or three goals. In these situations I'd use more defensive TI's to close out games (lower tempo, waste time, hold shape, regroup, slow pace down).

Offensively this tactic has been consistently amazing for me with the right players (fast wingers, creative playmakers at AMC's and fast striker)

Do you have the defensive setup? Or can you send us your edited version?

5 hours ago, vitoco77 said:

There are 2 versions of this tactics, are you using the older one or newer Knapp one? Point me to right direction if you can

The older one (balanced) ARGUS PEP 3241 P102

I didn't change anything except a couple of minor defensive set pieces changes that I've posted previously

Squad building and team/tactic cohesion are very important esp for defence. As always I strongly recommend fast players for DCR/L and AMR/L positions, they're all key for defence. Fast striker also a must

Btw updating patch mid-season can often lead to bad results even without ME changes (probably due to reset of morale or team cohesion) so there's also that!

Edited by kandersson

2 hours ago, knap said:

@Beekimov

Short test.  

Screenshot(585).thumb.png.8db94f82cebf55a60cfae582934ece2d.png

@knap Is this with the ME23.2WHEELSOFFIREKnap451IWP103ECCC tactic?

Played this morning 4 games (won 3 / lost 1 ) so maybe it has something to do with my team morale ;) 

I changed the mentality from balanced to Defensive, hopefuly this wil improve my results. 

Thanks knap for the short test :) 

Hey @knap. Love  your tactics so far, have tried a lot of them. 

Is there a tactic out there, a 4-3-3 or similar with Liverpool in mind that have Inverted Wing Back tailored for Trent alexander Arnold? would love to see how that would play out with your tactics. Any tips on how to best implement it?

All the best

@Trajanus87

Trent would probably act like a WB and IWB but FM is not really flexible enough.

Can use FM Scout for IWB Search, but an older tactic. You can try this tactic or the 451s above and see if you can see what yo want.  I do have an idea on how to make this work, so will try a few tweaks.

Screenshot2023-05-11230757.png.b78e89bf059cb6980ee5627170da00f4.pngScreenshot2023-05-11230952.png.8fd7ac1615d1baae21d0efba28cd5067.png

I am sure this has been asked before and I have seen the Attribute Weights file in the opening post, but I was wondering how you go about finding players for whichever of Knaps tactics you are using. I am in the 26/27 season and there are a few known players who are coming to the end of their careers and a lot more newer players coming through. I was wondering if you look for certain attributes for each position, and if using the Attribute Weights file, then do you go from say any attribute above a 6 listed in that file for the specified position?