[FM19] We beta Basque in glory!

Makoto Nakamura

Image result for Athletic Bilbao logo

Image result for San Mamés Stadium

db6841f9ffd10b7d333965ab3d809566.png

5e24f47d3b9338aaf3a69c2c6fa3e7f7.png

e774bd6e46e3e31c8769f4c771eabe6b.png

Welcome, to my first save of FM19, my beta save which will be a youth only challenge with Athletic Bilbao!

Whilst this may be youth only I have loaded Spain as playable and every other nation in Europe as view-only with a database size of 58,000 players to get a detailed level of European players, I will also be documenting any major transfers that happen during each transfer window.

The aim? Try and win silverware, develop Basque players, new and existing and see how far we can go before the Fraud Thread kicks off!

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is an absolute nightmare. I have started a thread with the same team as @Makoto Nakamuraon the same day as he has. :idiot:

On the plus side, he will probably get his 1st intake through at about the same time as I press continue for the 1st time and then he will be having stadiums names after him just as I am being sacked mid-way through the 2nd season. :lol:

What's that saying about "imitation being the greatest form of flattery"?

Yeah, well no. :cool:

cdec14496e52d93f122a953d3321ac7c.png

In all seriousness though, I would have picked someone else had I known you were also managing them, but maybe this is actually a good thing, (because I don't mind being shown up at all). :lol:

1 minute ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

This is an absolute nightmare. I have started a thread with the same team as @Makoto Nakamuraon the same day as he has with the same team as he has. :idiot:

On the plus side, he will probably get his 1st intake through at about the same time as I press continue for the 1st time and then he will be having stadiums names after him just as I am being sacked mid-way through the 2nd season. :lol:

What's that saying about "imitation being the greatest form of flattery"?

Yeah, well no. :cool:

cdec14496e52d93f122a953d3321ac7c.png

In all seriousness though, I would have picked someone else had I known you were also managing them, but maybe this is actually a good thing, (because I don't mind being shown up at all). :lol:

I have no downloaded tactics or instant result button, I'm just as likely to be sacked now! :lol:

Best of luck with your save as well! :D 

I like the look of Oihan Sancet - he has attributes in all the right places. That is the kind of player I would promote to the first team, to benefit from enhanced training and fast development, but I am like a Louis van Gaal madman. Villalibre is another player I like the look of, has the makings of a complete forward (passing the only weakness - but not too bad), but he is at a crucial age to develop and could benefit from a higher level of football.

8 hours ago, y0lo said:

I like the look of Oihan Sancet - he has attributes in all the right places. That is the kind of player I would promote to the first team, to benefit from enhanced training and fast development, but I am like a Louis van Gaal madman. Villalibre is another player I like the look of, has the makings of a complete forward (passing the only weakness - but not too bad), but he is at a crucial age to develop and could benefit from a higher level of football.

Both of them can definitely have a future here that's for sure, Asier Villalibre is the only reserve to make any first appearances and even then it's only been 2 but he did score a goal.

53 minutes ago, Minuy600 said:

I know it's a bit early to ask, but how's the first impressions? Anything that's significantly different to FM18?

I really, really like it so far, it's running very smoothly and looks great! :D 

11 minutes ago, DefinitelyTaylor said:

You’re winning the games you need to in order to stay competitive for the top four. Vamos Bilbao! :lol:

The points are most important, it doesn't matter how we get them! :lol:

Wow, you're really firing these updates out! Absolutely top result against Real Madrid and it seems you have the defence nailed - conceding very few goals. As long as you score the one to ensure you get the three points, it doesn't matter how many you score. :p 

6 hours ago, poobington said:

Lot of 1 nils. Looks like a defensively sound tactic! What have you gone for?

9ba760e3e7f87d836af505bf178d99c7.png

This is what we've been rocking recently. :)

5 hours ago, kidthekid said:

top work against Real Madrid

Cheers, kid!

5 hours ago, DefinitelyTaylor said:

Wow, you're really firing these updates out! Absolutely top result against Real Madrid and it seems you have the defence nailed - conceding very few goals. As long as you score the one to ensure you get the three points, it doesn't matter how many you score. :p 

And now the IR skins are out they should be even faster still! I like that after 17 games our very own Aritz Aduriz is the league's top scorer with 13 goals, 2 ahead of Diego Costa.

5 hours ago, Slipky said:

I'm going to enjoy this. Good luck Makoto! Following.

Thanks for following Slipky!

15 minutes ago, ManUtd1 said:

I see you've met @Makoto Nakamura... :D

:D

Has Aduriz been declining? He is kind of old but yet seem to fire an incredible amount of goals. Great result away at Barcelona. it is also interesting that Barcelona and Real Madrid are off the pace

3 minutes ago, makovn said:

Has Aduriz been declining? He is kind of old but yet seem to fire an incredible amount of goals. Great result away at Barcelona. it is also interesting that Barcelona and Real Madrid are off the pace

53112b407517dd6a7c715fececf81f1f.png

Declined a little bit but he's still going great!

Archived