The 2018 FMCU Awards -Awards Night

deltablue

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

giphy.gif

I am high on life! Zoom Zoom!

Thanks everybody for following my plethora of careers this year, seeing you all enjoy them makes me want to play more and more! I'd like to say that there'll be less next year but we all know that won't happen.

My parting words?

Look what happens when you put 3 upfront. :rolleyes:

giphy.gif

Wow! Even before I opened the voting I had a feeling this was Makoto's year, but I didn't quite expect such dominance. He was bound for 4 awards at least from early on,  it being just a matter of whether he'd hold on to a narrow journeyman lead (which he did), or push ahead of ManUtd1 for Best Poster (which he was so close to sharing). To give an idea of how epic his performance was this year, here is last year's top 5 (which what I thought was a crushing domination for ManUtd1)...

ManUtd1: 47
Makoto Nakamura: 20

Box2Box: 20
Jupjamie: 12
PH71: 12

And here is this year...

Makoto: 70
ManUtd1: 18

Deisler: 15
Jimbo: 13
FFA: 12

2 hours ago, deltablue said:

Alright, lets dive straight in with the new Best Story category

pp169b.thumb.jpg.69efddd27ba13912d268d92f31a26d8a.jpg

Jimbo's thread

You might have a high powered rifle luv, but abbreviating my thread name is bang out of order in these circumstances. I would say pistols at dawn but you might have an advantage so I will let it slide on this occasion. 

So a recap of the winners:
Best Newcomer: Fer Fuchs Ake
Best Retro Career: Super Caley (Withnail)
Fountain of Youth: Makoto's Cornish thread
Best Story: Hans Kaiser: Baldness Uber Alles (Oriole)
Best Journeyman: Makoto's Asian thread
Best Thread Name: Jimbo's really long one
Best Team: St. Buryan (Makoto)
Best Poster: ManUtd1
Best Thread: Makoto's St Buryan
Best Manager: Makoto

Just now, deltablue said:

So a recap of the winners:
Best Newcomer: Fer Fuchs Ake
Best Retro Career: Super Caley (Withnail)
Fountain of Youth: Makoto's Cornish thread
Best Story: Hans Kaiser: Baldness Uber Alles (Oriole)
Best Journeyman: Makoto's Asian thread
Best Thread Name: Jimbo's really long one
Best Team: St. Buryan (Makoto)
Best Poster: ManUtd1
Best Thread: Makoto's St Buryan
Best Manager: Makoto

Congrats, all (and thank you!).  A great year on the forum!  I expect nothing less next year!

[Lots of green arrows, 2 red arrows.]

That's the sort of overall reaction I was hoping for, although I respect those of you who don't agree with me.

[All red arrows.]

[Morale goes to ****.  Gets sacked after losing at home to @Makoto Nakamura's Koninklijke.]

1 hour ago, deltablue said:

And the winner is, pretty comfortably: Jimbo's Thread!

Jimbo's thread: 8
War! Huh! Waalwijk It Good For? Absolutely Nothing!: 3
Super Caley: 1
“Winning Isn't Everything - Rubbing It In The Faces of Your Opponents is Also Important”: 1
Kidthekid’s Jamaican Me Crazy': 1
Jupjamie, San Marin-oh no, not him again...: 1
Makoto's That's the way (uh huh, uh huh) I Koninklijke it (uh huh, uh huh): 1
You know what really grinds my gears? When people say pacifically when they mean specifically: 1
wynter - [FM18] 12 Years A Slav: 1
Noikeee’s “Ruining Football: 1
Frauding a nation: 1
Smp, on top of the weld: 1
Pheelf: Dilly-dallying with the Dollybirds: 1
The Circle of Fitness Activists – Noikeee: 1
Ich Bin Ein Fraud-liner: 1
What do you call genetically modified corn? I suppose it's still corn-ish: 1

I can't believe that you didn't even use the full name in this category. :lol:

By the way, I think we have all been a little serious this year and the list of thread titles was no way as good as in recent years or I wouldn't have won. 

As an aside, I voted for "Mod Requests" as a protest vote and I think this inspired thread might have a chance of a few more nominations next year if we don't pull our fingers out. 

Thanks anyway, (but I was obviously after the longest thread title and feel cheated that it hasn't been created for me). :idiot:

Before I sign off, there's something I want to say that I've been keeping in for all these years and I think is about time I opened up about. I was inspired by the anxiety diaries thread, and Abulezz opening up about his troubles a couple of years ago, so I finally feel able to 'come out' and tell you all that I'm autistic, as difficult as it sometimes still is to mention specifically and to see being discussed.

That's given me a very strong emotional bond with my careers and players, as you can tell from all I write about it (almost always missing something out as well). It can give me a bit of a lift when things are going well, though sometimes it can be difficult to play if I'm in a stressed state of mind and things aren't going so well in-game. That's why I love actually being a part of something on here, with FM and FMCU being a rare thing in my life that seems to give me a sense of purpose and achievement, especially as I've always been so much more comfortable interacting online with the written word (that I have plenty of time to compose) over an 'on the spot' real-life conversation.

Doing the awards in particular is very hard work (especially as I feel the need to have enough planned in advance, rather than being able to be socially spontanious) and something I wasn't sure I was capable of doing effectively at first, but also very rewarding, and it helps a lot that you guys provide so much for me to work with when it comes to being able to engage and make my own contribution.

Anyway, time to head off for the night (a bit later than usual for me). Thank you all for another wonderful year. I just hope people can step up and give Makoto (and to a lesser extent ManUtd1) more of a challenge next year ;)

3 minutes ago, deltablue said:

Before I sign off, there's something I want to say that I've been keeping in for all these years and I think is about time I opened up about. I was inspired by the anxiety diaries thread, and Abulezz opening up about his troubles a couple of years ago, so I finally feel able to 'come out' and tell you all that I'm autistic, as difficult as it sometimes still is to mention specifically and to see being discussed.

That's given me a very strong emotional bond with my careers and players, as you can tell from all I write about it (almost always missing something out as well). It can give me a bit of a lift when things are going well, though sometimes it can be difficult to play if I'm in a stressed state of mind and things aren't going so well in-game. That's why I love actually being a part of something on here, with FM and FMCU being a rare thing in my life that seems to give me a sense of purpose and achievement, especially as I've always been so much more comfortable interacting online with the written word (that I have plenty of time to compose) over an 'on the spot' real-life conversation.

Doing the awards in particular is very hard work (especially as I feel the need to have enough planned in advance, rather than being able to be socially spontanious) and something I wasn't sure I was capable of doing effectively at first, but also very rewarding, and it helps a lot that you guys provide so much for me to work with when it comes to being able to engage and make my own contribution.

Anyway, time to head off for the night (a bit later than usual for me). Thank you all for another wonderful year. I just hope people can step up and give Makoto (and to a lesser extent ManUtd1) more of a challenge next year ;)

Welcome to the club of autistic people with anxiety, delta. We've both probably been way nervous doing this, you for organizing and me for making lame jokes, but one thing's for sure: You've been excellent all throughout and that deserves at least a proper pat on the back.

Now I hope that wasn't creepy.

2 minutes ago, Minuy600 said:

Welcome to the club of autistic people with anxiety, delta. We've both probably been way nervous doing this, you for organizing and me for making lame jokes, but one thing's for sure: You've been excellent all throughout and that deserves at least a proper pat on the back.

giphy.gif

Joking of course :brock:

3 minutes ago, Minuy600 said:

Not in the slightest. Keep on dude!

10 minutes ago, deltablue said:

First of all -- thank you for all that you do on here, most of which we never see.  

More importantly, thank you for sharing with us.  That couldn't have been easy, and I (for one) appreciate the trust and candor.  Being a part of this community means different things to each of us.  But at the heart of it, we're all here to support you (and each other) in this mad love we have for a computer game -- today's shenanigans in particular.  And, more importantly, as people get to know each other better over time, those bonds grow stronger, as does the support for whatever else is going on in our lives (even if it is subtle and indirect).  You're a huge part of that, brother, in every respect.  Again, thank you.

Finally...I'm pretty sure that sound was you throwing down the gauntlet in that last sentence...time to step up our game, fellas.

giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095bc10e4a4c62344a77

Archived