FAO westy8chimp: Kane Wins Golden Boot, Equalling Pelé's Record in 1958

Arsene Wenger, Yerry Mina, Westychimp, the People Who Complained About VAR, random jocular Jocks, Set Piece Truthers, People Who Thought We Should Start Welbz* 

Can you hear me Westy? Westy YOUR BOYS TOOK A HELLUVA BEATING! YOUR BOYS TOOK A HELLUVA BEATING!

*these people may not have existed

41 minutes ago, Citizen Kane said:

Good symmetry, this England side is much more similar to Brazil 1970 though 

The 1958 team were better than the 1970 since in 1958 we had 3 of our best players ever: Pelé, Garrincha and Nílton Santos.

Just now, georginho_juventusygr said:

Yes, great achievement. Kane will surpass Pelé in 2022.

He will probably never surpass Pelé, but it's nice England managed to have a top scorer for once, shame he didn't manage to score more than 6.

I think it's easy to slam him for it and the vast majority of the goals were tap-ins/penalties, but I think considering his role in the team he did well to get that many. I'm not sure what exactly Southgate has him instructed to do, but he was dropping so much deeper and coming out-wide a hell of a lot more than I've ever seen him do for Spurs. Think that overall it seemed to work as it got us through the tournament, but think he could've easily ended the tournament in double figures if we had the players to play to his strengths like Spurs do. 

Surely he will queitly refuse the trophy out of embarrassment? 

Terrible performance throughout the world cup, i'm glad we are more civilised with Colombia, so wouldnt want him killed, but a good booing countrywide for a season should put him in his place 

16 minutes ago, The Rebel MC said:

Double figures have a word :D

No reason why a striker of his quality couldn't get double figures in the games we played if we could actually create from open play. I think one of Southgate's strengths was perhaps clocking on that we were pretty poor from open-play, so along with having Kane drop deep to help out, he focused heavily on set-pieces to make us a massive threat from set-pieces. 

We were also helped by utterly moronic defenders not clocking on that pulling shirts from corners would be punished by VAR. 

Just now, PaulHartman71 said:

No reason why a striker of his quality couldn't get double figures in the games we played if we could actually create from open play. I think one of Southgate's strengths was perhaps clocking on that we were pretty poor from open-play, so along with having Kane drop deep to help out, he focused heavily on set-pieces to make us a massive threat from set-pieces. 

We were also helped by utterly moronic defenders not clocking on that pulling shirts from corners would be punished by VAR. 

What's the record for a golden boot winner from the world cup?

On 15/07/2018 at 19:34, PMLF said:

He will probably never surpass Pelé, but it's nice England managed to have a top scorer for once, shame he didn't manage to score more than 6.

"Probably?

He will never surpass Pele.

1 hour ago, Sons FC said:

"Probably?

He will never surpass Pele.

Surpass as in score more goals in the WC.

He already has 6, Pelé scored 12.

In theory he can still surpass Pelé's goals.

45 minutes ago, PMLF said:

Surpass as in score more goals in the WC.

He already has 6, Pelé scored 12.

In theory he can still surpass Pelé's goals.

Ahh, goals. Thanks PMLF. I see what he means.

Archived