Rising stars in Portugal - Lusitano FC

MarcxD

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, cheltenhams_biggest_fan said:

Oh cool! :)

Is that something you can do in game? Or do you need an editor or something? 

You don't need the editor, there should be an option to set a nickname for the player. I don't have the game loaded so I can't say exactly where that option is located, but it's easy to locate after clicking on the player.

On 19-4-2018 at 12:36, Sheriff7 said:

4th in European coefficients amazing! :applause:

Definitely, thanks. Winning the EL and making it to the CL final the year before was very helpful, hopefully we can get back to that level this season

November 2031

Za392Z8.png

Yet another perfect month, always lovely to see some big wins as well, especially in the Champions League.

KhEN72E.png

Still on top, obviously.

LxWpcTy.png

Interesting to see Miguel Herrera here, I'm not sure if I'd seen before that he was the Porto manager now. He was my rival in the AFC save, as PSV manager IIRC.

December 2031

december.png

consecutive_wins_record.png

Couldn't quite keep up the winning streak but still another good month.

CL_group.png

We still managed to finish first.

CL_Draw.png

Next up... Atlético. Slight sense of deja vu.

december_league_table.png

9 points lead at least on everyone, Porto now in the winning mood but still those 10 points are a big lead.

End of year so awards time as well.

guambi_african_xi_of_the_year.png

guambi_african_midfielder_of_the_year.png

This was nice to see but we've seen this before.

cristina_world_xi_of_the_year.png

cristina_world_player_of_the_year.png

cristina_world_player_of_the_yar_2.png

This though, this is new! Awesome. No Ballon d'Or yet, another thing to strive for.

1 hour ago, oriole01 said:

Wow, awesome to see your guys rake in the biggest awards in the game. Hoping you can finally vanquish Atletico and keep moving forward in the CL.

Definitely, I actually got the achievement for that so it hadn't happened during the AFC save. Cheers!

January 2032

january.png

consecutive_league_wins_record.png

Awesome. Another perfect month including a fantastic revenge on the first month of the season by beatin both Porto and Benfica - the latter 7-1!!!

january_league_table.png

Record early title possibly?

manager_of_the_month_january.png

Another manager of the month award, if I wouldn't have gotten it for this month...

players_of_the_month_january.png

And two of my players praised as well.

transfers_outgoing.png

Three players outgoing -- Mesquita was third best striker, Alves a promising but at 24 years of age now just was never going to make the first team realistically and Rainha was another midfielder - the best at the club for many years and perhaps still was so when I sold him, but he was also the player who I have shown before not showing up for training - he has done that a lot and also for matches and I was getting tired of it, whatever I did, warning him or making him pay he wouldn't stop so I just decided to sell him. 

transfers_incoming.png

I replaced Mesquita with Rodrigues, who was on my shortlist for a while - a promising Cape Verdean striker (although he's since made Portuguese his primary nationality), he has done very well for himself this season and his limited fee made it very appealing to sign him, as far as abilities he's better than Lopes actually. Of course it will remain to be seen if he can actually perform but at this moment in time 12M is kinda meaningless.

February 2032

IIaZxci.png

And... another cup final lost. Against a team we just beat 7-1. Okay. We also lost the win streak. Got back to form though, and managed to beat Atletico in the first leg, away as well.

VCKJ0Ug.png

Continuing on...

cXDeyfv.png

And another manager of the month award.

Youth Intake 2032

Pz6wUz4.png

One of the weaker intakes in many years, only the Diogos are getting contracts.

9IFKJKm.png

A midfielder, not exactly the position that needed improvement either. But I'll take it.

h8dehC5.png

And Carlos, an AML. That's better, and he's not looking terrible to start out with.

March 2032

0gJuPqp.png

Lost the first leg of the cup semi final but should still be able to make the final -- but much more importantly, we smashed Atletico at home.

of6J4JA.png

EiVSeRq.png

Up next: the other team from Madrid.

UdGhgg2.png

Cristina got himself another award, his second consecutive best Portuguese player award.

April 2032

4CENHAj.png

Ouch, two losses against Real Madrid makes for another disappointing CL end and I honestly don't know how we lost 5-1 to Rio Ave.

AVPkV8p.png

V3MULnj.png

coRf1pt.png

Nonetheless, another title win and #1 spot in the Portuguese hall of fame.

TTvYHh5.png

We did get another Youth League win, 7-0 in the final !

Cv83nZd.png

Even though we lost 5-1 still got another manager of the month award.

May 2032

xCZ51wF.png

Went well and then that final. :ackter:

3gGqK7l.png

In the league we ended up with a lead of 21 points and 109 goals, not that bad! 

VlctLpz.png

One more manager of the month award at the end of the season as well.

Season Review 2031-2032

season_review_31_32.png

Very strong in the league but disappointing elsewhere. Two more lost finals.

best_eleven_31_32.png

Cristina once again the highest average rating but AML Pulido remarkably close. 

overall_best_eleven.png

Nogueira getting to the 500 games mark next month, that's huge. Lopes now over 300 goals... 

squad_31_32.png

Rui Cristina under contract to 2036. PSG can keep offering, he'll stay. Barros has shown another year of strong development. Some players star ratings have slightly decreased but that will be down to Cristina and Barros becoming world class players. All players have pretty much long-term deals.

equipo_do_ano.png

Pulido_CL_XI_of_the_year.png

6 of my players in the team of the year, including Mem Rodrigues who had done very well for Braga in the first half of the season and okay for me, he needed a bit of time to adapt, after the first 5 or so performances he got started and did well.

No Cristina in the CL team of the year, but Pulido was listed.

As for the individual awards...

Cristina won CL Midfielder of the seasonPlayer of the year2nd best player in Europe

Guambi had the most assists

Nogueira won GK of the year

Pulido won young player of the year

I did not win manager of the year, that honour went to Rio Ave's Hagi.

Pre-Season 2032

predicted_3rd_wtf.png

Somehow predicted to finish third...

transfers.png

No incoming players, and one big sale in Tafili, the 30-year old left after the 3 seasons I had in mind for him to stay at the club.

pre_season.png

We had another strong bunch of friendlies and then we screwed up another final.

CL_Draw.png

Ouch, PSG in the group. Should still be able to comfortably qualify for the next round though.

August 2032

august.png

Sporting kept us from winning again, but otherwise a strong start to the league.

august_league_table.png

Rivals already dropping points.

I also won another manager of the month award but since they are now so prevalent it's getting too boring to show them every time!

September 2032

P08Mn9D.png

What an amazing month, 5 big victories and no goals conceded... including two CL wins. West Ham also beat PSG at home so things aren't looking bad for first place.

dBO7Ldz.png

Obviously still in first, Sporting still unbeaten and Braga keeping up pretty well.

5nBlVTf.png

First match as Portugal NT manager went pretty well as well.

Looks like you've established Lusitano as the biggest side in Portugal. Not sure what's going on with the cups. It feels almost as if your side has some sort of mental blockage in knockout competitions, because otherwise you're smashing it. Sooner or later the CL will come too, once you fix that.

Good luck with the national team, take good care of it. ;) 

22 hours ago, noikeee said:

Looks like you've established Lusitano as the biggest side in Portugal. Not sure what's going on with the cups. It feels almost as if your side has some sort of mental blockage in knockout competitions, because otherwise you're smashing it. Sooner or later the CL will come too, once you fix that.

Good luck with the national team, take good care of it. ;) 

Yeah, I don't know. A few players aren't the best at key matches - not that many and not the most important players, but perhaps something to take some more note of in the future when selecting teams. 

18 hours ago, john1 said:

Good luck with Portugal ;) 

Thank you

2 hours ago, himan said:

It's time to take the CL title this season!

I agree.

October 2032

a1ex6eD.png

Not the best month, two losses in the league. But we were able to beat PSG in the CL!

4oyWtCM.png

Still in first, but a lot of teams are close now.

yhZxuwc.png

Two more wins with the Portuguese national team, we have qualified for the semi-finals of the Nations League.

13 hours ago, rodesire said:

Are there no good targets to splash out on or you just happy with your squad?

Good question. I'm still keeping to the limitations I set myself in the first post and there are very few players I can sign that will actually improve the squad, which is why there has been very limited transfer activity.

November 2032

kA4dz0g.png

Defeated by PSG but not terribly so, by winning against Rapid Wien we have secured first position in the group with one more game to go. We only just managed to draw against Porto in the league, not fantastic.

JcxR9SV.png

Dropped down to third.

9ot8G8f.png

Two more games with the national team, couldn't win all games in the nations league group in the end.

December 2032

december.png

A perfect month, we needed that. 

december_league_table.png

Back into first, but only because Sporting has a game more to play. The top of the table keeps on being exciting, at least for the moment. I'm not happy with the points we dropped so far, of course, but it's good to see some real competition.

cl_group.png

Remarkably PSG wasn't able to beat West Ham in both of their meetings (a loss and a draw) so we comfortably won the group.

CL_Draw.png

Up next - Chelsea. First time we'll be playing them, I think. PSV has managed to get into the last 16, a rare occurrence to see a club from outside the top 6 competitions.

800_games.png

I reached the 800 games landmark, would be cool to get to that 1K.

manager_of_the_month_december.png

I also was awarded another manager of the month.

Cumbe_african_xi_of_the_year.png

Cumbe_Candeia_Guambi_african_awards.png

Guambi_2nd_african_player_of_the_year.png

Cumbe, Candeia and Guambi are my players.

Cristina_2nd_fifa_world_player_of_the_year.png

Cristina_world_xi_sub.png

No consecutive wins in the player of the year award, but second place isn't bad either.

January 2033

january.png

taca_da_liga_win.png

taca_da_liga.png

Another perfect month and we finally won another league cup! It had been eight years... Also an important win over Sporting in the league.

january_league_table.png

More clearly in first now, but any drop in form can be lethal.

january_transfers.png

As far as transfers are concerned, there were a variety of offers for my players but I didn't let anyone go permanently.

Fonseca_player_of_the_month.png

manager_of_the_month.png

February 2033

IMA4XYr.png

A strong month, all things considered. When you look at the goalscorers you can see a new face showing up a lot, Coliba-Verda has developed very well so far and has started strong to his first team career.

ke54bQD.png

Porto keeping up.

KdEpDty.png

EG9ZTqv.png

Youth Intake 2033

14p5Axn.png

Not a bad intake at all, with 6 players joining the u19 team. The only thing is that three of those 6 are strikers. Like I don't have enough talented strikers already!

TIIeAEz.png

First up is this guy, quite a lot of work to be done still but not bad to start out with that finishing-first touch combination and pace.

C102j1T.png

A GK, we've also had several of those in the last couple of intakes. This might be the best one we've ever had though!

H9CkwHE.png

And I wanted to show this guy, his perceived PA is not very high but look at some of his starting attributes, I really hope he can prove my coaches wrong.

March 2033

4qUOMPp.png

A perfect month and through to the QF's of the CL.

DsmAcvz.png

Next up - Real Madrid again. Hope we can beat them this year..

XLX1ioz.png

Porto still keeping up!

GmrbDuV.png

Absolutely awful start to the qualifiers with Portugal, should've won both these games.

MP6Hxid.png

Nothing's lost yet but need to win the next games.

April 2033

0OPfKhQ.png

7zPt5wI.png

A good month, we kept on our winning streak in the league, beat Real Madrid in the Champions League and are through to the final in the cup! Next up - Man City in the CL, Sporting in the cup final.

NZxhsO5.png

Almost got the title now.

E6abDAe.png

sXzXhyL.png

May 2033

rGY8hYn.png

Almost that perfect may!!! Fantastic home performance against Man City, which was just enough to go through to the final after we were convincingly beaten in the 2nd leg. Those away goals... Three more wins in the league followed untill we played Bayern in our second ever CL final (5 years after the last one), and in the sixteenth season of this save I've finally achieved the first CL win. But it wasn't easy... extra time and an own goal...

vdp0s8n.png

4EyLD5w.png

hefjfF6.png

GiPXZmK.png

(Cup final to come in June, which might be tough since that same day the nations league semi-final is scheduled, so quite a few of my players will be gone)

June 2033

WgvKmtH.png

G3uVYuL.png

Even if we did play with a lot of the u19 team, we still managed to beat Sporting (who very well could've missed some of their own players as well) and thus won every possible trophy this season!

KkIHJKY.png

This got me in the European hall of fame.

Next up was Portugal, we had done very poorly in March but very well last year so I wasn't sure what to expect really.

aG3goNY.png

0eVShz1.png

I did not see this coming haha, we won the nations league...

lv5Fd7E.png

which got me in the worldwide hall of fame.

Following that we then absolutely demolished the two teams we faced in the qualifiers...

YfUhuNZ.png

Will need Poland to drop points at some point if we are to finish first in the group though.

Amazing season :thup:. Finally repaying the years of great football this side have given you with major success. Can't ask for much more than that. Are you planning on continuing and trying to win more big trophies or are you considering other options?

On 27-4-2018 at 15:34, Rikulec said:

:applause:

On 28-4-2018 at 02:39, kidthekid said:

Fantastic season indeed

On 28-4-2018 at 00:01, himan said:

Finally :D

Congratulations on the quadriple!

9 hours ago, oriole01 said:

Amazing season :thup:. Finally repaying the years of great football this side have given you with major success. Can't ask for much more than that. Are you planning on continuing and trying to win more big trophies or are you considering other options?

1 hour ago, pheelf said:

I've read the whole career and this has been seriously impressive especially when you factor in the restrictions you placed on signings. Congratulations on the quadruple.

Thanks guys!!

As far as the future of this save and thread is concerned, I will go on for the time being - to win the club world cup, go on with the youngsters at the club and perhaps go for the #1 most reputable club in the world...

After that I will likely try and win some things with the Portuguese national team.

Season Review 2032-2033

season_review_32_33.png

A near perfect season, finally.

best_eleven_32_33.png

Many of the usual faces, just Rodrigues as main striker, even if I am already thinking about moving him on.

best_eleven_overall.png

Nogueira has now passed the 500 games mark, Lopes 400. Impressive stuff and they show no signs of stopping... the only issue for Lopes is the real competition from young strikers coming through the intakes, but as long as he keeps performing when called upon there's no real reason for me to let him go.

Squad_32_33.png

The exciting thing about the team is the youth - they can stick together for many years as the only player over thirty years is Nogueira and as GK he should stay at this level for a few years more.

CL_dream_team.png

equipo_do_ano.png

More of my players in the CL dream team than in the team of the year of the league, remarkably. Especially our defense dominant in both.

CL_awards.png

CL awards also show our dominance, 3rd best GK, 2 of the three defenders, all midfielders and best forward.

Cristina got awarded third best player in Europeand had the most assists in the league

Bernardo Freitas won young player of the year

Nogueira won GK of the year (again)

No seasonal manager award for me, as has been the case for a couple of seasons now. Oh well.

Pre-Season 2033

predicted_1st.png

We are finally predicted to finish first in the league!

transfers_33.png

No incoming players, but there are some noticeable sales. I decided to sell Rodrigues when Real Madrid came in for him, there are so many awesome young strikers at the club that he was just blocking. Another striker was also sold in Bernardo to Feyenoord and AMC Maralhas was let go as well. Just some players that were decent but had reached their peak.

pre_season.png

The friendlies went okay, would generally like to see bigger wins but we didn't concede any goals. The Portuguese and European supercup finals were the same... we were beaten domestically but did manage to win the European supercup for the first time.

Seixas is a name you might see more often, one of those young strikers.

injury_cristina_pre_season_33.png

Very annoying to see the best player at the club get heavily injured.

CL_group.png

The CL group is kinda crazy. We should still qualify, as right now we shouldn't really be afraid of any team. But still, wow.

August 2033

august.png

A perfect august, with a ton of goals remarkably from Diogo Garrana, the back-up AMC that has to play now since Cristina is injured.

august_league_table.png

Setubal has done even better than us, and Benfica also still unbeaten after four games.

august_manager_of_the_month.png

august_player_of_the_month.png

Justified award for Garrana I would say... 7 goals!

September 2033

september.png

Another strong month even though we did drop our first points of the season. Won against Chelsea in the CL thanks to a marvelous 4 minute hattrick from Seixas.....

september_league_table.png

Setubal keeping up, good for them. Sporting, Benfica and Porto all 3 points behind.

september_portugal.png

Two more qualifiers with the Portuguese national team, demolished San Marino as you would expect but had a little bit too much trouble with Ireland.

september_portugal_group.png

Poland still perfect, so second place seems more and more likely.

Such a dominant performance early on :applause:CL group is bad but seems like you got it.

I noticed your backup GK is at max CA at 24yo, you got any youth coming there there or maybe you'll be dipping into transfer market for that?

4 minutes ago, rodesire said:

Such a dominant performance early on :applause:CL group is bad but seems like you got it.

I noticed your backup GK is at max CA at 24yo, you got any youth coming there there or maybe you'll be dipping into transfer market for that?

Thank you!

Good question, I got a very good young keeper from the last intake, so I think I'll keep the Licaj as back-up keeper until he can make the step up, although there are other young keepers as well at the club. Honestly for some positions it's getting a bit overcrowded with how many youngsters there are - and not a lot for other positions. It's what you get when you focus on your own youth I guess.

October 2033

9jVnlc8.png

Another strong month... beating Porto and another CL win. Dropped some more unnecessary points as well though.

dXkkfvr.png

Setubal still keeping up! 

NItJXNz.png

I got another manager of the month as well.

HL9J814.png

Very important win over Poland with the national team...

stGf22X.png

And since Poland were also kept to a draw by Ireland we are now in first! Need to win our final two games but since we'll be playing Azerbaijan and San Marino that should be really easy.

Archived