Rising stars in Portugal - Lusitano FC

MarcxD

November 2033

iSWudPM.png

Another good month, the big wins are a lacking a bit this season but as long as we keep winning...

hpTKaFb.png

Setubal dropped away thanks to a loss against us and another one, Sporting closest rival at 5 points now.

mUWvwUS.png

YAYJlE2.png

Perhaps expected even more goals in these wins, but at least we got the wins and qualified.

P0sAvxV.png

Poland ended up as the best #2 out of all the 10 groups, so they qualified as well. (top 3 best second placed teams qualify now, no more play-offs)

FqisZ7T.png

The 2034 world cup will be held in China.

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

December 2033

december.png

december_club_world_cup_win.png

Strong way to finish off the year -- we won every game and the club world cup !

december_cl_group.png

Very very comfortably in first in the CL group...

december_cl_draw.png

Man Utd up next, I don't think we have faced them before, remarkably. (Looked it up and we played them 5 times before. Lol. Forgetful)

december_league_table.png

Thanks to the CWC some games behind the rest, but still in first. Sporting on a run now though.

Some African awards as each year, but most interestingly are two other winners:

december_seixas_golden_boy.png

december_cristina_world_player_of_the_year.png

Another world player of the year award (although he did not win the other world player award) for Cristina and Seixas has been awarded the golden boy already, after only half a season in the first team.

January 2034

january.png

january_taca_da_liga_win.png

Perfect start to the new year, only conceding two goals... and we won the taca da liga again!

january_league_table.png

Unbeaten season possible?

janjuary_manager_of_the_month.png

january_transfers.png

No big deals (although Real Madrid tried to buy some more of my players), just some outgoing loans.

February 2034

february.png

Another fantastic month, we beat Man Utd 2-0 away and won all league games easily enough.

february_unbeaten_record.png

february_win_record.png

This shows how crazy this season is going.

february_league_table.png

16 points lead now... 

february_injury_silva.png

Disappointingly one of the best players at the club will likely miss out the rest of the season, I hope he gets fit in time for the world cup. The game's revenge that I didn't sell him to Real Madrid perhaps, who offered about 50M up front (to max 80M)

february_cristina_player_of_the_month.png

february_manager_of_the_month.png

March 2034

march.png

Well, not sure what happened here. Went from winning everything for months on end to not being able to win one and lose two league games in a row... it's not like we played badly, we still dominated but couldn't finish the chances. At least we did qualify for the next round in the CL.

march_cl_draw.png

PSG up next... and an all-Portuguese QF elsewhere.

march_league_table.png

Still 11 points ahead.

march_portugal.png

Two friendlies with the national team, my ass man arranged the opposition, perhaps could've done with a higher standard. Decent wins that don't mean anything.

Regarding last season: Nice to see you finally winning the CL and with a magnificent season all round. Congratulations!!

This year it looks like you were well on course for something similar until this weird last month. Still, even if the chance of an unbeaten season in the league is gone, you're in all competitions. You can do this, come on Lusitano!

15 hours ago, rodesire said:

Dafuq happened in march?  You've been so dominant i started snoozing and then, boom!

A combination of bad luck, some injuries and some players losing their form... 

2 hours ago, noikeee said:

Regarding last season: Nice to see you finally winning the CL and with a magnificent season all round. Congratulations!!

This year it looks like you were well on course for something similar until this weird last month. Still, even if the chance of an unbeaten season in the league is gone, you're in all competitions. You can do this, come on Lusitano!

Thank you! 

March was weird, hopefully we can get back to form right away.

April 2034

april.png

So, this was a really weird month. After having trouble with scoring we scored 32 goals in 6 games, of which two were against PSG, one against Benfica and one against Sporting. Also, the aggregate score against PSG was 9-7. And then we went on to lose 4-0 to Belenenses.

???

Honestly sometimes I'm just along for the ride in this game and have no idea what's going on.

Facing Porto in the semi-final and going well so far..

april_league_table.png

title_win.png

Anyway, the title is ours once again.

The main disappointing thing this month was an injury in the semi-final against Porto.

cristina_injury_post_porto.png

At least he won't miss the world cup, maybe he'll make the champions league final if we qualify.

Two more things --

youth_league_win.png

The youth league is ours again, after Benfica won it last year.

900_in_management_april.png

Also I reached the 900 games milestone. I'm definitely not going to stop here until I reach 1K.

May 2034

may.png

Even more injuries (GK Nogueira, for instance) made things hard, too hard in the end. Poor performance in the cup final and Man City just was too strong for us. Two lost finals :(

Two goals in the same minute from Coliba-Verde by the way.

final_league_table.png

Another convincing league win, we should've been able to get the unbeaten season really.

manager_of_the_month_may.png

I did win a final manager of the month award as we did win both league games.

u19_title_win.png

Another u19 league win as well.

Season Review 2033-2034

season_review_33_34.png

Very strong season in the league, and really all competitions. A whole bunch of injuries and just not quite being able to keep up our form until the end of the season made sure we couldn't do a clean sweep of trophies. Still pleased with how we performed, and we go on to be one of the biggest clubs in the world. 

best_eleven_33_34.png

Three strikers listed - Seixas with 30 goals, Coliba-Verde with 19 and Lopes with 17. Other noticeable performances from Cristina as always, Barros with the most apps and Garrana on the bench.

Best_eleven_overall.png

Cumbe, Barros and Cristina in the 300+ club, Nogueira will reach 600 next season.

squad_33_34.png

Excluding the loanees and any u19 players who played a few minutes at the end of the season, this is the squad. Some things need improving, especially the central defense where the back-ups are a big downgrade. Barros signed a new 5-year deal but he is now on the highest wage yet and Cristina will likely need a higher wage for him to agree to a new deal next season.

Seixas won the CL Golden Bootwas named in the CL dream team, and was named the CL forward of the season.

Cristina was named best player in EuropeCL midfielder of the season, (but not in the team of the year).

[Edited for Portuguese awards:]

equipo_do_ano.png

Gil Pulido won young player of the year and player of the year

I got myself another manager of the year award.

World Cup 2034 Squad and Friendlies

Portugal_squad.png

6 of my players and two former players make for a heavy Lusitano presence but none that really don't deserve to be in the squad, although perhaps Lopes is not, purely ability wise, up to the standards of the rest of the team. But his performances, always scoring when called upon, make him a good back-up option.

Some of the best players:

Portugal_squad_GK_1.png

portugal_squad_MC_1.png

Portugal_squad_AMC.png

Portugal_squad_winger_1.png

Portugal_squad_striker_1.png

Portugal_squad_striker_2.png

portugal_pre_tournament_friendlies.png

Two decent wins where I made sure everyone got match fit and not too tired.

First up -- Holland. 

20 hours ago, kidthekid said:

Great season, unfortunate with the injuries late in the season

Thank you. At least we were up there, you can always lose a final. 

1 hour ago, Dexter_Morgan said:

Great to see you improving all the time and getting the CL :applause:

Cheers!

World Cup 2034 Group Stage

Group_game_1.png

A really good start to the world cup in the toughest group game even though perhaps we weren't even the better team. 

group_game_2.png

A more convincing win in the second game, should've been 4-0 up after 16 minutes but 3-0 was okay ;)

group_game_3.png

A crazy game to finish the group where a lot of players were given some rest since we already qualified.

group_stage_1.png

We qualified together with the Dutch (hooray!), perhaps the results elsewhere you would expect if not for Italy failing to go through.

group_stage_2.png

Some more surprising stuff here though, with Mexico not being able to do better than Turkey and Austria; France going out to Russia and Paraguay and England going out to Peru and Poland...

second_round_draw.png

Next up is Costa Rica for us.

World Cup 2034 Second Round

second_round.png

Hugely convincing performance and victory and we go on.

second_round_games.png

Brazil out, Holland going on and Argentina beating Belgium.

qf_draw.png

Argentina up next, should be the toughest game so far. 

Turkey v Peru is an interesting QF match up...

World Cup 2034 Quarter Final

QF.png

Another big victory and convincing performance. Things are looking very good...

qf_games.png

Another huge win for the Dutch, and Peru are through... and Austria beat their neighbors Germany!

semi_final_draw.png

Austria and Peru in the semi's, who would've thought. A replay of the first group game in the final maybe?

World Cup 2034 Semi Final

SF.png

Not as big a win as I would've liked but there was only one team who deserved to win this game.

semi_final_games.png

And the Dutch did manage to win that other semi final. So a repeat of the first game in the final...

I have mixed feelings about this -- obviously! I don't like to get the Dutch to lose another world cup final, a touchy subject. But I also don't want to lose...

18 minutes ago, MarcxD said:

World Cup 2034 Final

final.png

We managed to beat them again and the world cup is ours!

:applause::applause::applause:

What an achievement!  Congratulations, what's next?

17 hours ago, rodesire said:

:applause::applause::applause:

What an achievement!  Congratulations, what's next?

Thank you. What is next, well, another champions league victory hopefully! That is the goal, as I still want to get Lusitano to be the most reputable club in the world. We are currently fourth. I also want to try euro 2036 and perhaps even further with the Portuguese team, it depends. Also to reach the 1K matches managed milestone. So I should be here for a few more seasons, perhaps I'll retire in 2037 after 20 years of management. Not set in stone though.

12 hours ago, Rikulec said:

:applause:

TY

9 hours ago, kidthekid said:

fantastic performance. Won every game

Very true! :D

5 hours ago, oriole01 said:

Great World Cup performance! Although I bet back in Holland they'll be calling you #TheFraudingDutchman.

I remember when I was in high school and Russia, managed by Hiddink, defeated Holland in euro 2008 after we had such a strong group performance. Man, did me and my friends hate that man. I can only imagine in the final..

Pre-Season 2034

predicted_1st.png

Predicted first again, as would seem obvious.

transfers.png

No incoming transfers again, although I did look for defensive improvements. None were really to be found. Some fringe players sold for decent amounts of money.

pre_season.png

Comfortable wins in pre-season and revenge on the cup final against Estoril in the supercup.

CL_group.png

This should be an easy group.

August 2034

august.png

Only the two league games for us, two good comfortable wins with a great variety of goalscorers.

august_league_table.png

We are the only team left that has not lost any points already.

august_cristina_player_of_the_month.png

august_manager_of_the_month.png

First awards of the season as a result of that start.

September 2034

september.png

A decent september outside of the slip up against Sporting. A very strong start in the CL though.

september_league_table.png

Behind Sporting for now, as they haven't lost yet - and played a game more than we have.

september_portugal.png

First two games of the nations league with the national team continued the fantastic Portuguese form and the winning streak.

October 2034

october.png

A fantastic month, huge wins including two in the CL -- even though both Seixas and Coliba-Verde, the two best strikers, got injured.

october_league_table.png

Sporting kept their streak going, so we are still in second.

october_player_of_the_month.png

october_manager_of_the_month.png

More awards....

october_portugal.png

Not quite as good as we were going with the national team, but we won the third game in the nations league group.

November 2034

november.png

A bad month with two very weak performances in a row. 

november_league_table.png

Since Sporting keeps winning now 4 points behind them. Porto in 9th by the way!

november_portugal.png

The two last international games of the year went okay - we ended the nations league group with a draw but we had already qualified for the semi finals.

november_nations_league_group.png

One kind of monumental thing happened this month, or at least a decision has been made with regards to one of the key players of this save.

november_exit_lopes.png

Lopes is not really playing any more and with more talented strikers coming up I did not want to keep on paying him his pretty big wages, and now he wanted to leave as he was not playing so much anymore. So he will leave when this season is over...

December 2034

december.png

And back to form, fantastic results.

U5jVwql.png

Still in second but a little bit closer since Sporting drew a game.

december_CL_group.png

We ended the group as first, which was expected but Espanyol got closer than I had thought, or hoped.

december_CL_draw.png

Should win this, it has been a while since we played Liverpool.

december_euro_qualifiers_draw.png

Also drew the group for the euro qualifiers, interesting group as it does not have any other strong nation but also not really any minnows

december_guambi_player_of_the_month.png

december_manager_of_the_month.png

Some more monthly awards... and speaking about awards, since it is december the yearly awards were granted again and wow.

december_cristina_ballon_dor.png

Ballon d'Or! He did win the world cup this year, perhaps that was that last thing to give him the top position.

december_cristina_world_xi_of_the_year.png

He also won both world player of the year awards. (1 2)

december_seixas_european_golden_boy.png

Seixas won the European Golden Boy award for the second consecutive year...

december_guambi_african_footballer_of_the_year.png

and Guambi won african player of the year!

december_candeia_cumbe_guambi_african_xi_of_the_year.png

december_candeia_defender_of_the_eyar_guambi_midfielder_of_the_year.png

January 2035

january.png

Another perfect month! Going on a lengthy winstreak now.

january_league_table.png

In first since Sporting dropped multiple points this month. They're still 3 points behind though, so I'm not taking the title for granted (yet).

january_manager_of_the_month.png

Another award for me...

january_transfer.png

And one outgoing transfer, Kosovan midfielder Bytyci was doing okay but I'm looking for a bit more and as always there is the own youth to look out for.

February 2035

february.png

Ouch, disappointing to lose the league cup final and to drop some points against Boavista. 1-1 is an okay start against Liverpool, though.

february_league_table.png

Still 3 points ahead since Sporting also dropped some more points, next month we'll play them, if we win things would be looking very good for the title.

I also won manager of the month.

March 2035

march.png

A perfect march and we go through to the next round of the Champions League.

CL_draw.png

Leverkusen next up. No Real Madrid, Barca or PSG in the last 8 this year.

march_league_table.png

6 points ahead with 8 more games to go, all in our own hands but can't afford to make too many mistakes.

march_manager_of_the_month.png

march_cristina_jogador_portugues_do_ano.png

Cristina won one of these again, after two years where the award went to non-Lusitano players.

march_portugal.png

One qualifier (with another one to come next month) with the national team, decent performance.

April 2035

april.png

Another perfect month, including wins over Porto and Braga in the league and we beat Leverkusen to go through to the semi's in the CL.

cl_draw.png

Man City... and Sporting in the other semi final. Very unlikely, but an all-Portuguese final is possible!

TQE7Ro7.png

11 points ahead now, Sporting had a very bad month. One more win needed.

april_manager_of_the_month.png

april_player_ofthe_month.png

april_youth_league_win.png

4 youth leagues in the last 5 seasons...

april_portugal.png

Let's not talk about this. 

May 2035

may.png

Terrible second leg of the semi final of the cup, but we went on after penalties... We were able to win all remaining league games but were unlucky against Man City and lost on away goals... stupid rule.

final_league_table.png

points_record.png

Best season yet with regards to the league!

may_manager_of_the_month.png

June 2035

june.png

Another domestic trophy in the bag. 

june_portugal.png

Sadly couldn't continue the great run with Portugal after winning the previous nations league and the world cup, lost the final here. 

Season Review 2034-2035

season_review_34_35.png

A strong season again, with Sporting keeping up for a remarkably long time in the league, and as they also made the semi-final of the CL it will be interesting to see if they can keep that kind of performance up for the next seasons. 

best_eleven_34_35.png

Key and star player of course Cristina again but Seixas is really showing how fantastic he is developing, this kind of record would be great for an experienced striker, let alone for one who can still grow.

best_eleven_overall.png

Nogueira now past that 600 mark. 

squad_34_35.png

cristina_average_rating_record.png

cristina_best_player_in_europe.png

barros_jogador_do_ano.png

diogo_jovem_jogador_do_ano.png

Seixas_CL_dream_team.png

seixas_CL_forward_of_the_season_cristina_2nd_midfielder.png

Cristina, Seixas, Barros and newcomer Diogo awarded this year, and last but not least...

treinador_do_ano.png

I got another manager of the year award.

Pre-Season 2035

predicted_1st.png

Predicted first again, obviously.

transfers.png

I actually signed some players! All talents for the future and none for immediate first team squad status though. Yes, that is a Sammarinese player.

pre_season.png

Pre-season went very well, and we got another supercup to put in the trophy cabinet.

CL_group.png

Not too bad of a CL group, should be relatively straightforward.

August 2035

august.png

Fantastic start to the season including a win over Porto. Good to see younger players doing very well.

august_league_table.png

In first, Belenenses the only other team that hasn't dropped any points yet.

august_manager_of_the_month.png

august_player_of_the_month.png

Maciel is the new second choice back up AMC after I sold Garrana in the summer. Cristina got himself injured for a few weeks in the supercup match so he had to play. And scored every match!

September 2035

september.png

A strong month again even though we were kept to a draw by Benfica.

september_league_table.png

Big leads already in the league, only Sporting hasn't lost yet but they're 6 points behind as well.

september_barbosa_injury.png

This was the only bad thing, one of the main central defenders will miss the rest of 2035 at least.

september_manager_of_the_month.png

september_portugal.png

Decent results with the national team...

september_portugal_group.png

We'll qualify easily enough but the table looks exciting like this.

October 2035

october.png

Good enough month although it is always disappointing when we can't win two matches in a row!

october_table.png

3 on Belenenses who are having a remarkably strong season for now, 4 on Sporting.

october_portugal.png

Poor result against Scotland but revenge on Armenia.

october_portugal_group.png

Enough to take first place in the group with two more games to go, against the bottom two.

November 2035

november.png

A good month after another draw, two big wins over Belenenses in a row.

november_league_table.png

4 points on Sporting still.

november_player_of_the_month.png

Another player of the month award for Maciel who also impresses as AML.

november_portugal.png

Comfortable wins to end the qualifying group.

november_portugal_group.png

Scotland also qualified as one of the best #2s.

December 2035

december.png

Surprising defeat against PSV but we had already qualified for the KO rounds, and while we couldn't beat Sporting we are still unbeaten in the league.

december_cl_group.png

First, not a powerful performance from Arsenal.

december_league_table.png

7 points lead since Sporting had a poor month, Porto now the closest rival.

december_cl_draw.png

Lyon up first, should be quite doable. Barcelona v Porto, Real Madrid v Man City for some tasty matches elsewhere.

december_manager_of_the_month.png

:)

cristina_world_xi.png

cristina_fifa_world_player_of_the_year.png

Another win for Cristina in the FIFA world player of the year. Third places for him in the WSM player of the year and Ballon d'Or.

Also some African awards, of course, although one player named this year.

candeia_african_xi.png

candeia_2nd_african_defender.png

January 2036

ESVVmLh.png

Not a very good january even though we had a marvelous 10-0 win in the cup. A surprising loss against Guimaraes in the league cup means we are out in the group phase and two unnecessary draws at the end of the month means too many points dropped.

dXMG3LM.png

Only 3 points left on Belenenses (!).

H6hOXmU.png

Another Kosovan talent signed up...

h9Tz94c.png

And some outgoings. I put some of the more talented youngsters on the development list, not sure about them moving to Barcelona and Napoli though! Freitas is another player who had gone from first team to barely getting any game time so I decided to move him on.

February 2036

zvpZx3R.png

And now a loss! Bad things. I was hoping for an unbeaten season.

pWbSnns.png

2 points left of our lead... still 9 on Benfica and 10 on Porto and Sporting though, and I don't believe Belenenses can keep this up for the rest of the season.

jwnW24V.png

Archived