Rising stars in Portugal - Lusitano FC

MarcxD

Youth Intake 2036

Kk3PZe5.png

Missed the youth intake page - that thing goes away quickly! As you can see thanks to the "one of the better players from this year's youth intake" though, not a spectacular one. I signed up 4 players, of which only one right now is predicted to have more than 3* PA.

XX0cJGu.png

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

March 2036

q3dIKw5.png

Back to form with a perfect month! Beat Lyon go go through in the CL, next up is Napoli.

nd436Fe.png

As I predicted, Belenenses dropping off some more. Title within reach with 7 more games to go.

hqZmO4K.png

ojcEyXu.png

RYgDBK8.png

Seixas the winner of this year's Portuguese player of the year.

April 2036

sJaIsMN.png

Huge month - until the shock against Sporting. To be fair, I rested a lot of the first team ahead of the Real Madrid clash in the semi final of the Champions League. But that was unacceptable - and made sure we crashed out of the cup.

Ev241ql.png

Rju0lPI.png

We did win our tenth title though!

E2rvJkL.png

Surprisingly, or perhaps not as I loaned out quite a few of the u19 players, we did not make the youth final for the first time in many years.

N0SqQX9.png

I missed the message when I reached 1K games including the Portuguese national team, but I did reach the 1K milestone this month with Lusitano. 66 awards :D

cO8DoPh.png

One friendly, ahead of the Euro's coming up this summer. Decent victory.

34KGwpJ.png

Speaking of Euro 2036, we have been drawn in what seems like an easy group but since Turkey is 4th in the fifa rankings right now I'm going to take them seriously.

May 2036

EcIghfM.png

7pZsIN7.png

YES! Our second Champions League, after some huge games! The 2-3 away game against Real Madrid was just enough before we got the same result, just the other way around, against Bayern in the final!!!

IkhOwlP.png

Domestically we had one of our poorer seasons of the last years, "only" 83 points and no cups, not even finals.

xNNOIZg.png

aHeUVh9.png

U19 title...

NvQE7Oh.png

And the second club takeover of this save (nothing changed).

I'm going to retire as Lusitano manager now.

I will do Euro 2036 as Portugal manager, and 99% retire after the tournament is done.

I will then holiday for a decade or so, or maybe even longer.

I might then take the Ajax job - that is the club I support, but I never like taking the job from the start of the game as it's way too easy and the amount of contracted players is too damn high. Could be fun to start out in 2050 or something though, especially as in this save PSV has been winning titles for the last decade straight.

Seconded. What a journey you've had at Lusitano, it's easy to forget this was once a third tier club. Good luck with the next stages!

10 hours ago, kidthekid said:

fantastic season and reign at the club.

4 hours ago, oriole01 said:

Seconded. What a journey you've had at Lusitano, it's easy to forget this was once a third tier club. Good luck with the next stages!

Thanks guys! It has been fun.

Season Review 2035 - 2036 and a Club History view

FJU0JLX.png

FWO7hDY.png

New stars Maciel and Neves in the first team... Cristina highest average as always.

u8sblbY.png

So 664 games for Nogueira under me. 200+ goals for Cristina as AMC, not bad at all...

7bC01FI.png

Huge potential still in the squad, I'm definitely curious to see how the AI will screw it up, probably sell all of them and replace them with 36 year old Brazilians.

0nPzgk0.png

Luís Firmino is the only one that was at the club for the entire duration of this save I think, he was a player at first. I then signed up him as a coach.

Gd09oHF.png

Not bad -- although the amount of lost finals has been too damn high!

eZZOyn0.png

The full review of the league seasons (except for the last one), that consistency though.

The only thing lacking is an unbeaten season really.

Pre-Tournament 2036

VnQ36Wa.png

As answer to the critics I kept all 11 Lusitano players in the squad, 11 of 23. Not bad. And some former players as well, so a majority is Lusitano.

IVWLqad.png

Decent friendly wins to get some morale and fitness.

Euro 2036 - Group Phase

ndvQZQf.png

Close but deserved victory to start out with...

q11kkvt.png

And then we were kept to a draw -- thanks to two very late goals from the Turks.

rSDHePE.png

In the last group match we did that same thing, although we were leading anyway.

8c8TACR.png

Not even first in the group. Nothing hugely noteworthy in the other groups... well maybe the fact that Lithuania qualified for the tournament.

cpUAthW.png

England in fourth and the title defendants are dropping out in the group! Also remarakbly that Scotland finished top of the roup with Germany...

odCz4W9.png

Austria is up next, they are a good nation right now.

Euro 2036 - QF

j8RE3hL.png

Another close game, after a first minute goal... but another win against the Dutch.

tStl313.png

Scotland up next - and the other two semi finalists are Denmark and Turkey! Football in 2036 is crazy.

Euro 2036 - Semi Final

dZhuf9T.png

Yet another very close game, but we were definitely the better side.

nnfsGPo.png

Denmark then, no repeat of the group game against Turkey.

Should be ours.

Euro 2036 - final / End of career....

ibJXbOH.png

CPs6sMA.png

And we did it. What an end to this career! (For now)... another tight win, another last minute goal.

cbdpI8L.png

l983C35.png

suHFTad.png

R56DHBo.png

I also thought I'd show my manager profile after the 1065 games I managed Lusitano and the Portuguese national team.... 

4Etr6eJ.png

I am going to holiday / simulate the next couple of seasons, might do short updates on how Lusitano is doing in the future and my plan is still to get back to management around 2050.

2036-2037 

BjBx3HW.png

That feeling when your replacement uses the money that was saved up in one go...

x4ZibMo.png

And doesn't even win the title.

wIgu1ew.png

To be fair though, he did win the Europa League (which means only third in the CL group though) and the CWC. No cups either.

21 hours ago, deltablue said:

Great way to bow out. 

Thank you!

18 hours ago, Rikulec said:

Another cracking career. Well done, sir. :applause:

Cheers, appreciate it.

18 hours ago, walterjocoski said:

Waiting for the next step 😁

Good to hear, it might take a little while before I get to it.

Only just caught up with the final 3 seasons or so. Fantastic stuff, this was definitely one of my favourite careers in this forum lately. You definitely did justice to the national team. ;) Pretty interesting that you got a youth player to win the Ballon d'Or, I've never done that! 

Any ideas for a new career or are you taking a break from FM?

On 13-5-2018 at 13:27, pheelf said:

An incredible career with a fitting end. I've never seen an AI managed team spend that much money in one season. :eek:

Me neither! When I left I had a transfer budget of close to 400M so he had the options to spend it. Thanks!

44 minutes ago, noikeee said:

Only just caught up with the final 3 seasons or so. Fantastic stuff, this was definitely one of my favourite careers in this forum lately. You definitely did justice to the national team. ;) Pretty interesting that you got a youth player to win the Ballon d'Or, I've never done that! 

Any ideas for a new career or are you taking a break from FM?

Awesome to hear, thanks! I also don't think I've had a youth player ballon d'Or before!

I have several ideas actually. But the main one that I'm going to start next is a journeyman in the world of this save, I am holidaying until 2050 -- I'll make an update here to show how Lusitano has done these years, and then start a new thread for the journeyman.

Lusitano - State of the Club in 2050

The good news is that Lusitano is still among the top clubs of Portugal, but the club has definitely fallen a bit since my departure.

lusitano_37_50.png

5 titles since I left the club, but the club always is among the top teams battling for championships. Decent.

lusitano_cl_37_50.png

As far as Europe is concerned, the CL QF is pretty much always the ending stage for the club, apart from 2044 when the club lost another Champions League final to Manchester City. Honestly not awful and remarkably consistent.

There have also been a bunch of domestic cup wins.

managers_lusitano.png

Interesting to see players like Kristoffer Ajer turning manager! He has been the longest serving manager since my departure, the others have had very short times at the club.

best_eleven_overall_lusitano_2050.png

Cristina made it to 647 appearances for the club in total, he had two more seasons with Nantes at the very end of his career. He has since retired. Yannick Barros has become the player with the most apps, 762 in all! He is now a u19 coach at Braunschweig... 

So the club is now a mainstay around the top of Portugal and let's say the sub-top of Europe.

Didn't neccesarily follow this topic as much as the AFC one, but wow, that's another sweet career! I'm especially interested to see that journeyman-in-2050 thing. Are you gonna make another CU thread for it or leave it here?

12 minutes ago, Minuy600 said:

Didn't neccesarily follow this topic as much as the AFC one, but wow, that's another sweet career! I'm especially interested to see that journeyman-in-2050 thing. Are you gonna make another CU thread for it or leave it here?

That's allright, thanks! I have created a new thread for it.

Archived