Rising stars in Portugal - Lusitano FC

MarcxD

Youth Intake 2020

G1xGr4L.png

Well, simple enough. One player.

3gjK8D6.png

Definitely some good things here, but not the best sign that he doesn't have 5* PA when he starts out with this kind of current ability. But certainly the best looking youth prospect so far.

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

March-April 2020

9DMQ9jt.png

Not a great march, comparatively, but no losses either.

In the beginning of April my scouts found this Angolan free player and I signed him up.

YRIdYeA.png

UDvb3rr.png

April went on to become one of the best if not the best month of the entire season.

rwcNuSU.pngnrMWbPg.png

Not only are we promoted, we won the damn title! Really unexpected, to be honest, but exciting obviously. Next season will be interesting. Benfica B had a horror month so now we have a lead of 13 points..

SjtaLhC.png

Luxembourg winger Abreu got his first player of the month award.

c5RcTEQ.png

I got another manager of the month award meanwhile.

8 minutes ago, Muttley84 said:

Wow. You climbed really fast to the top. Good luck with that. I was just wondering, how are your finances looking?

Yeah, definitely much faster than I expected. 

PqRdhGJ.png

These are the finances just after the end of the season, a bit worse because of squad bonus and stuff and the budgets are for next season. We weren't looking fantastic in the Campeonato but the tv money this year helped to keep us in the green and the added package for next year should help getting more money in.

May 2020

eaDqc7S.png

A loss against Porto B was a bit disappointing but to be fair these games were for nothing anyway.

ZMMIwXH.png

79 points in the end, clear champions.

PzWyU9G.png

In the last match of the season we clearly had the most attendance yet, still pretty bad tbf. The stadium can hold 5K people.

Season Review 2019-2020

H5AaUis.png

Utterly fantastic season, I did not see this coming. The upcoming season might be hard but for now it's time to be happy about this season's successes.

FGt3JDI.png

Rotated with a small squad. All-round good performances, but there are a couple of clear players who really made the difference for us. 

5P497b5.png

Most of all perhaps Pedro Rosendo, a fantastic talented winger. Some bigger clubs are going after him now, but I hope to keep hold of him. At least he does not have a limited fee.

79cf6o2.png

X2VM9nc.png

The overall best eleven then, after three seasons. Not many of these will play for us next season.

u4p2uan.png

Here is the full first team squad. Slowly but surely more of a variety of nationalities. 

uvTJ024.png

If I had rotated a bit less Fortes perhaps could've won the topscorer award.

7L3rgQF.png

My entire defense in the team of the year, but somehow no Rosendo.

I did not win manager of the year, nor did any of my players win talent / player of the year (both thos awards went to Englishman Willock).

9 hours ago, kidthekid said:

Oh,  I remember signing Kuagica in y Nigerian save on FM 15. Good to see that in FM 18, he's still a good bargain

That's awesome, he just came up randomly during one of those scouting meetings.

7 hours ago, oriole01 said:

Excellent season, you should be good money for comfortably staying up next year.

Thank you, the step up is going to be considerable I imagine, but I have faith we can stay up.

2 hours ago, Dexter_Morgan said:

Great work on promotion, hopefully you'll survive next year :) 

Thanks! I hope so too :) 

Pre-Season 2020

rFnCgn8.png

A bit higher budgets, not that I will use all of it or even near it.

GzrmBEI.pngYRGdfyA.pngGzrmBEI.png

Some more money will go into these upgrades and that is the plan going forward for the next seasons.

b6FftIe.png

Unsurprisingly we are predicted to finish 18th, goal will be survival / mid-table, depending on how strong the opposition will be.

QN9S8NN.png

The rules are a bit different again, now they're squad registration rules instead of match rules. We need 8 players trained in Portugal (since we don't have a B team).

reA4ZWK.png

Similar transfer business, permanent transfers are from the 15 nations, together with some loanees to fill up the squad. ZĂ© Pedro had done well for us in the year we won the Campeonato but had gotten down to 4th best striker at the club so was sold.

TEWjdh7.png

I was surprised at this remarkable Porto business, paying 76M for a player! It shows we have a long way to go yet even though we are in the same league as them.

zeEH7HR.png

Not much friendlies were arranged, and all were against minnowy clubs, easy victories all and a good performance in the League Cup. No goals conceded is always nice to see.

August 2020

NF8wZc4.png

A remarkably good start as far as the results are concerned, although a lot of them are very narrow / lucky wins, winning the match against Chaves in extra time for instance and drawing against Boavista in extra time (after missing two penalties in the match though).

LWI5LLI.png

But those 8 points are ours and that 4th place does look nice. We'll drop off soon probably, but I'll take what I can get.

September 2020

h918AJ2.png

Still unbeaten, remarkably, even after playing Benfica! a 94th minute saving goal this time.

BjFsXnr.png

In sixth now but we are one of three teams that are still unbeaten.

7iJH7bn.png

The first time we sold out our little stadium.

November 2020

K32lAv6.png

Well, we finally lost. Braga and Porto away, so really what you would expect. To be able to win 5-0 in the league and to beat Braga in the cup though... 

3MBqXgK.png

Still in 5th.

CsvKU5P.png

For the first time to this phase in the league cup, harsh group draw with Braga and Sporting.

iae8c80.png

Work permit brexit then.

EbDcdIG.png

Also for the first time I was approached for an international job, Ireland. I said no, I don't think I want to be doing an international job this save.

December 2020

h00dQRt.png

Things have taken a downturn. Despite a great start to the month, beating Braga in the league cup, the rest of the month was just a series of losses. Conceding 4+ goals in 4 consecutive matches, ouch. Out of the Cup as well, against opposition we should beat. 

Sm4SCYq.png

Down to eighth, we are now the club with the most goals scored and only 1 team has conceded more than us. Let me entertain you. 

QZMTW0n.png

Also got a club job offer, obviously rejected them.

23 hours ago, deltablue said:

Good thing you made a strong start, so no need to get too worried. 

Definitely! Just hope to get back to form soon.

20 hours ago, Muttley84 said:

The usual suspects topping the league. You made a really promicing start, keep up the good work.

Yeah, not very likely that will change until I join them... but you never know in FM. Cheers!

17 hours ago, Sheriff7 said:

Very good first year in Liga Nos mate! Keep up good work.. :applause:

Thanks man!

January 2021

bJaGTIv.png

The month started with a new contract.

It was quite a busy transfer window, perhaps the busiest so far.

5MP9ihT.png

These are the players I got in, they are all Angolans except for Vukcevic who kind of goes against my limits but I had to get a new left back in in the last hours of the transfer market, a bit of a panic transfer.

v449wBk.png

It was necessary since I sold Chaves. I did so because he was complaining the entire month and the money was decent I think, a 50% future fee was included as well. I didn't want to sell him to Porto but Chelsea kept on offering like 80K or something ridiculous.

I did sell Rosendo to Chelsea though. He also complained when I didn't accept their offer and I agreed to sell him for 2.7M plus another 50% future fee. The money should help us a lot.

(Edit... should maybe show the games we actually played as well)

9hDt09D.png

We continued our losing streak in the league cup, but managed two very important away wins in the league.

9hxJaHJ.png

Out of the league cup, as was to be expected.

kdOsNPr.png

Still in eighth, but also still very close to the top 5, but everyone behind the top 3 and perhaps the botom 3 are very close.

8PIKHwH.png

Since we got 7 points out of 3 league games I got third in manager of the month.

6oAFG6b.png

Mozambique winger on loan Gildo got second in player of the month with some strong performances.

February 2021

Wa83cLU.pnggl6Z1AJ.png

Upgraded these again.

g0QFeNc.png

Fantastic month!

OSarwmp.png

In 5th now... 

yWOobHv.png

Just missed out on manager of the month...

a4wmMou.png

But January signing Veiga got player of the month, very much deserved! And Gildo just missed out again.

Youth Intake 2021

EHZR2s3.png

Clearly the best intake so far, with multiple 1+* CA players, but poor personalities.

oEZQxMN.png

The highest PA of the lot according to his star ratings, but I don't really see him making the first team.

8cqcwCv.png

Bad personality, and the attributes are either pretty good or really poor so no this is not going to be it either.

ihi3C1H.png

Same story really, sadly.

GIe2SI8.png

His PA is rated very lowly but his starting attributes are okay and a much better personality than the other "hopefuls" so I have signed him up as well.

March 2021

SE39zfh.png

Not quite as good a month, although keeping Benfica to a draw in their stadium is obviously a magnificent result. Not so much losing the last game of the month.

u5x5cQk.png

In sixth now... very very close still around those EL spots.

BFmNptc.png

Another top 3 spot in the player of the month for Gildo.

April 2021

NgH4vJC.png

Lost to Braga, which can happen but then we went on to have a good month and somehow we beat Porto 4-1!!!

sm10aTa.png

Fad2ER3.png

Back in the EL spots... only 4 games left. could it be?

n8R2jo4.pngKjxco9G.png

And some more youth rec & junior coaching upgrades.

May 2021

FM1WwUF.png

No, a poor final month cost us.

SoC8RbC.png

8th in the end, which to be fair is still a fantastic result in our first season in the top league. Benfica won the title, ending on the same amount of points as #2 Porto.

iWP2So9.png

Record broken, and we are only getting started.

Season Review 2020-2021

gy8swm6.png

A great start and outside of a drop in form in December, a fantastic season. Only just missed out on EL. The top 3 are much better, but we did already manage to beat Porto 4-1.

IWDrCfX.png

Some exciting performances and a relatively young squad now, with a remarkable number of Angolans featuring.

klgFjVU.png

A few new faces in the all-time best eleven, but most are from last season.

t0bZC4l.png

Here you can see the high number of Angolan flags. Star player Gildo will remain at the club, I have signed him on a free. I have also bought Mukendi and signed Sualehe on a permanent deal. 

lA2WlMq.png

Loanee Caetano was the only of my players to make the team of the year, a surprising choice.

WkMxi6m.png

Second most assists from Gildo. Hopefully he can continue in that form next season.

Z7huFko.png

Overall the league has leapfrogged the Russian one and is now 6th, which seems like the logical position for the Portuguese league really.

VoteaNa.png

Pretty good representation at the Cup of Nations.

Pre-Season 2021

And on we go.

oJdxklr.png

A bit of an upgrade in budgets, expectations are also slightly higher. My own goal will be anything in the top half, and last season ahs shown that behind the top 3 it should be relatively close so EL should be possible.

3ciCksn.png

Only predicted to finish 17th though, with the 1001 odds again.

vIDs9wj.png

First season that I did not loan anyone. Mukendi was on loan last year and I decided to pay his limited fee. Outgoing is Cruz, who I had signed on a free in January and had shown quite a lot of promise in the few games he played for us but when PSG and clubs like that come calling there's not much I can do for now, a good deal of money for him anyway, although that 6M will likely never be reached since quite a few of the clauses are matches played.

zPJaHVK.png

A perfect pre-season, although the friendly opposition was relatively bad ... except for Sassuolo who we beat 6-1 somehow. Also won in the League cup.

d2UDhaI.png

With the added money I thought it was time for some real facility upgrades, too bad the training facilities were denied.

August 2021

lsyu7VO.png

Very strong start!

gyWp5Fk.png

Starting out in second, Benfica and Porto are still perfect.

4kVSglK.png

Very annoying to see new arrival Biai getting so heavily injured, I think the worst injury so far. Which perhaps means I've been lucky.

iraXZRY.png

I also came in third place in the first manager of the month for this season. I hope to win at least one!

Absolutely astonishing progress man, I can't believe you're already finishing in the top half of the top league!

Porto buying a player for 76M€ is very unusual, did we get a tycoon taking over or something? That certainly sounds unrealistic. I've actually managed him before (Upamecano, for my HSV FM17 side), but certainly didn't pay that much cash for him. :lol:

2 hours ago, noikeee said:

Absolutely astonishing progress man, I can't believe you're already finishing in the top half of the top league!

Porto buying a player for 76M€ is very unusual, did we get a tycoon taking over or something? That certainly sounds unrealistic. I've actually managed him before (Upamecano, for my HSV FM17 side), but certainly didn't pay that much cash for him. :lol:

Yeah it's certainly been remarkable how fast we are improving. Fastest rise I've ever experienced as a manager probably.

There actually was a tycoon takeover at Porto!

Y0i5uY0.png

This summer they only spent 4M though, but in 2019/2020 they spent 93M and in 2020/2021 122M so I guess they didn't really need to...

September 2021

RUwGAHa.png

Well, this month was just getting extremely ridiculous. 3 huge victories, absolutely smashing it. We were stopped by Benfica, so there's still some normalcy here.

m70dG09.png

Benfica's perfect for now, but we are in second, doing better than Tycoon-owned Porto. :idiot:

qKk09KI.png

All three of the player of the month are my players! 

vCg54gu.png

I only got third though.

October 2021

59VLGl7.png

Not quite as good a month, even though we still won 3 of the 4... if you count the penalties. Drawing in the cup against Campeonato oppositio was not fantastic, neither obviously was losing 3-0 in a pretty shocking defeat against Vitoria Setubal.

GlBLmaY.png

In third now, after a strong month for Porto, but still 4 points ahead of Sporting....

ombvDhn.png

Pontes won player of the month again.

UtOPTem.png

And I got second this time.

November 2021

4hjDThM.png

What is even left to say, just another amazing month. Winning 4-2 away at Braga like it's nothing.

V1b19qn.png

In second again, jumped over Benfica... look at our goals!!!

TbYCK9K.png

All players for player of the month are mine, and three in a row now for Pontes. He has also complained this month that he wants to leave for a bigger club, but he acquiesced when I said that no club has shown an interest so far (which is remarkable in and of itself)

3CPFXwD.png

Still no manager of the month award for me though.............. 

December 2021

EkNecBH.png

Like last year, December is a negative outlier... but not quite as bad as last year. Also, we had to play Porto and Sporting away, and we didn't lose by much. At the same time we won our first match in the League Cup group and qualified for the QF's of the Cup.

7Di27Op.png

All the same though, we dropped down to fifth place.

PCW9qUT.png

I did sign a new contract this month though, so not all was bad.

OIs57kl.png

Angolan striker Veiga was also chosen as one of the African XI for 2021 and was voted best striker of the year.

7 hours ago, kidthekid said:

if you don't mind, could you show Veiga's profile.

Hope you qualify for Europe this season though.

Thank you, I hope so too...

Here is Veiga:

AlNyOaW.png

Obviously not really the best striker in Africa, but the best at my club and decent for the level. He's injured now though, so a bit of a drop off and he is mad that I rejected an offer from Lyon. 

January 2022

ryhYiHD.png

Much better than december, even though we only had one home game. Very happy to go through to the semi-finals of the cup.

U5wB5YS.png

In the league cup it wasn't to be.

LVyelB2.png

Up to fourth, with a sizable gap between us and the top 3 again. Top 5 should be the goal now.

N8f1ueM.png

Gildo got another top 3 place in the player of the month award. 

4D0EdUU.png

Not all the news was good as one of my first XI players got injured for the rest of the season and then some...

Xbd9xQK.png

xHoRnxy.png

I signed three new players in January, one from Angola and one from Mozambique on frees after their contracts ended. I had signed Maltese defender Sam Magri on a free for the summer, but clubs were bothering me for right-back Morais and I decided to sell him and get in Magri six months earlier.

February 2022

9gGftwH.png

Completely back to form now, it seems, with a perfect month.

eSlICKn.png

Still in fourth, but a hefty lead of 7 points on sixth place, so EL is looking good right now.

fMdRtcG.png

Not quite enough to get a player of mine the award though,

INEicUo.png

Nor did I get the manager of the month. Second, again.

xwMByZi.png

I did get the training facilities upgrade approved, finally, so that should happen next season.

Youth Intake 2022

gwR0b9q.png

Awful mostly, I will sign a few of them since there are some good personalities and Santos is a Cape Verdean

uFVX3I0.png

The best of the lot, apparently, which is pretty damning.

March 2022

3mrxcdi.png

A bit of a hit and miss month, with disappointing results against Maritimo and Paços Ferreira, but keeping Benfica to a draw and getting a very remarkable 7-2 win over Gil Vicente... 

zJJujBb.png

Still in fourth, strongly so.

225dsXU.png

Another second place for a player of mine, Biai this time.

April 2022

UzaqraB.png

A fantastic april, where we not only won almost every game but also managed to beat Maritimo by just enough in the cup to progress to the final.

ScRuLGU.png

vNPHQj9.png

Europa League!! And with 3 games to go even a slight chance to make CL, although honestly I would rather just go to the EL.

eGbSApT.png

Gildo won the player of the month,

eVNqgss.png

But of course I did not won manager of the month. 

Archived